• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
The ONLY thing that makes me wonder, and this is probably a lack of imagination... but what would that particular Toon Zelda's recovery be? Surely she'd be heavier than even Ganondorf... And.... it's a massive suit of armor. Would it be like Jigglypuff in the sense that she'd have no Up+B recovery, and maybe just be very hard to knock off the stage?

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I have one: Yoshi is going to be revealed in a few seconds. I know because Sakurai told me.
Wait till 5:00 EST, we'll have our pic of the day.
EDIT: nope all we get is a bachelor pad and no dinos, this pretty much confirms Yoshi will be revealed during the summer release in Japan.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope the Butternut leak is real, so Krystal, Miis, Pac-Man, and Rosalina can take turns dodging Ridley as a stage hazard. But the rumor is fake I'm sure.

Also, you can like female characters without pushing "MOAR GRILZ", believe it or not.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So that's 2 stages now based on Miis, 3 if you count Pilotwings...

Everything is coming up Betternet.:facepalm:
Considering like Little Mac's reveal that's something we've been expecting for months and almost every "leak" has had them, it's not surprising they'd be playable nor is it really a point in its favor.

Now if something like Toon Zelda turns out to be true, that's more notable.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Huh, not even a veteran reveal today. So, I guess if Sakurai doesn't provide any Bonus Pics of the Day we can debunk a few leaks, which is honestly fine by me.

The Year of Yoshi is also looking less likely now...Year of Metroid, anyone?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So that's 2 stages now based on Miis, 3 if you count Pilotwings...

Everything is coming up Betternet.:facepalm:
Honestly Mii's being in is a point for the Sal Romano leak (and quite a few others), not a nod towards the Betternet roster.

Krystal is the thing for the Betternet roster, Mii's are on EVERYONE's roster, hahaha.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
What makes me expect the Betternet leak is that it lines up with the possible PortraitofRuin leak that said no Ridely or K.Rool, which is what a majority of people seem to be complaining about and using as a means to determine that the roster sucks for some odd reason, those two characters do not make or break this. If people want to be mad at anything be mad at the fact that Mewtwo's returned basically overshadowed the others. He really thew a wrench in the next in line picks.

Really people could have been content playing as Mewtwo in Melee. At least he appeared in the series at all.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, Bkupa, I want to know what "Holes" you see in the Betternet roster just to see if I see them as well. As someone who has been studying this leak, and watching reveals happen, I'm quite interested in your opinion since both you and I dislike it, but your reasons may be different than mine. Though, I'm obviously veering towards believing it and you're not, so let's hear your views and I'll give my opinion.

There is ONE thing I like about Betternet, and I've mentioned it earlier in this thread. It trims the fat. If this is the real roster, the only clones/semi-clones would be:

Luigi
Falco
Toon Link

....I don't put Ganondorf there because I assume if he's getting a direct focused around him, god willing he's getting a new moveset.

Toon Zelda is up in the air. If she's 24/7 in the Phantom Armor like I may have discovered a few pages back, then she'd be unique.

However, like others have mentioned, it lacks that "Wow" factor.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The stage reveal in today's PotD proves one thing: people who write fake leaks cannot match Sakurai's creativity.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm hoping - really hoping here - that the Betternet roster is just one enormous coincidence. Because if it's true, it means characters like generic furrybait Krystal, Mario-Kart-Wii-wasn't-enough-now-it's-time-for-me-to-steal-the-Smash-4-online-spotlight-too Mii, and Pac-Man. got picked over fan-favorites like Ridley, K. Rool, Lip, and Isaac. Now all of those characters have their fans, of course, and I can totally understand wanting them in Smash Bros., but you have to admit that not including Ridley at the very least, given his huge Western fanbase, is dropping the ball hard.

(I'm not a particularly big fan of Takamaru either, he just kind of says "generic samurai/ninja/whatever he is" to me. I don't dislike him, I just think there are other characters more worthy of being in the game than he is.)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm hoping - really hoping here - that the Betternet roster is just one enormous coincidence. Because if it's true, it means the ball has been dropped - hard - and characters like generic furrybait Krystal, Mario-Kart-Wii-wasn't-enough-now-it's-time-for-me-to-steal-the-Smash-4-online-spotlight-too Mii, and Pac-Man. got picked over fan-favorites like K. Rool, Lip, and Isaac.

(I'm not a particularly big fan of Takamaru either, he just kind of says "generic ninja" to me. I don't dislike him, I just think there are other characters more worthy of being in the game than he is.)
Honestly, we won't know for sure until E3, but if E3 plays out as predicted, then it's the truth. Until then, it's just a rumor to keep an eye on somewhat closely.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Geez, if in the end that's what he picks has the most merits, that's what he chooses, it's not easy as "DUREEEE POPULAR CANDIDATES HAVE MOST MERITS BECAUSE ERS ERS POPULAR" you know, not that I believe this leak at all.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Does anyone else think it's weird that the Betternet dude says who will be revealed at E3? Seems like a weird thing to plan so far ahead. I'm sure Sakurai has an idea, but that leak is so specific.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm giving it till noon I notices a couple of double Potd that was not on direct days if nothing changes he did it again its pokemon x and y all over again

(And I guess wait for the japan release)

Shroob

Sup?
Does anyone else think it's weird that the Betternet dude says who will be revealed at E3? Seems like a weird thing to plan so far ahead. I'm sure Sakurai has an idea, but that leak is so specific.
That is what will make or break the leak. This guy is ****ing confident, hell, read his opening sentence. If E3 goes as planned, it'll really make me wonder who the mole is and which company he works for.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well yeah, but by the time we see the main roster, we'll know if this leak is legit or not.
That's why this thread is so crazy. Until the game is out, everything is false. Then we'll go back and find out that one of these leaks was real and he bullied the leaker off the internet and into a mental institution.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm hoping - really hoping here - that the Betternet roster is just one enormous coincidence. Because if it's true, it means characters like generic furrybait Krystal, Mario-Kart-Wii-wasn't-enough-now-it's-time-for-me-to-steal-the-Smash-4-online-spotlight-too Mii, and Pac-Man. got picked over fan-favorites like Ridley, K. Rool, Lip, and Isaac. Now all of those characters have their fans, of course, and I can totally understand wanting them in Smash Bros., but you have to admit that not including Ridley at the very least, given his huge Western fanbase, is dropping the ball hard.

(I'm not a particularly big fan of Takamaru either, he just kind of says "generic samurai/ninja/whatever he is" to me. I don't dislike him, I just think there are other characters more worthy of being in the game than he is.)
Gotta save some of the big guns for over priced DLC. :D

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
http://www.officialnintendomagazine...jima-wants-to-see-snake-return-to-smash-bros/

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima might have spent most of yesterday's twitch Q&A responding to questions about his new game, but there was time for a quick reference to the stealth suit-wearing elephant in the Nintendo room - will Solid Snake return to Smash Bros. this year?

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely", explained Kojima. That said, he certainly doesn't seem to be against the idea, saying, "Well if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake." -Hideo Kokima

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
http://www.officialnintendomagazine...jima-wants-to-see-snake-return-to-smash-bros/

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima might have spent most of yesterday's twitch Q&A responding to questions about his new game, but there was time for a quick reference to the stealth suit-wearing elephant in the Nintendo room - will Solid Snake return to Smash Bros. this year?

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely", explained Kojima. That said, he certainly doesn't seem to be against the idea, saying, "Well if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake." -Hideo Kokima
This has been posted like 23452354235 times. Look back in the thread before posting "new" things, eh?

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This thread is hard to keep up with... but can anybody explain exactly what is making the betternet leak credible here?
I mean it got Little Mac right, but so did a bunch of other leaks. Most of its other claims are what people are expecting anyway (Ganon reworked, Snake/Ike cut, M2 returning, etc)..

I mean the only real controversial things on that leak, to separate it from other leaks, are the inclusion of Krystal, Toon Zelda (although Brawl), and arguably the Chrom/Lucina duo, but I've seen that proposed before too...

I guess I just don't understand why people are getting worried about it, when the only things that I've seen confirmed/hinted from the leak were gratuitously talked about already...
On a personal note, I can't understand why Krystal would be added at this point... the series (and her involvement with it) is completely dormant right now, unless Ninty is planning something big.

Shroob

Sup?
This thread is hard to keep up with... but can anybody explain exactly what is making the betternet leak credible here?
I mean it got Little Mac right, but so did a bunch of other leaks. Most of its other claims are what people are expecting anyway (Ganon reworked, Snake/Ike cut, M2 returning, etc)..

I mean the only real controversial things on that leak, to separate it from other leaks, are the inclusion of Krystal, Toon Zelda (although Brawl), and arguably the Chrom/Lucina duo, but I've seen that proposed before too...

I guess I just don't understand why people are getting worried about it, when the only things that I've seen confirmed/hinted from the leak were gratuitously talked about already...
On a personal note, I can't understand why Krystal would be added at this point... the series (and her involvement with it) is completely dormant right now, unless Ninty is planning something big.
It's more of a future proofing. E3 is less than three months away, and this leak has made some VERY bold E3 predictions. If its predictions for E3 come true, I'd hardly call it coincidental.

At the moment, it just seems like a very 'safe' leak.

However, one thing to note perhaps is the Toon Zelda theory a page back... In that Toon Zelda is actually the Phantom is Zelda's picture, and Sakurai is hiding a newcomer in plain sight.

And why Krystal? Honestly, it would not surprise me if Sakurai was just shoe horning as many females as he could. A LOT of the Betternet leak are females.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
It's a "safe" roster with no blatantly why-would-Sakurai-pick-this characters like Tin Star, plus in their original post the leaker was confident enough in their belief that the information provided was true to say that Pac-Man and Ganondorf would be revealed at E3 2014. Predicting something that far ahead in the future is a pretty ballsy move.

That doesn't make it a good roster, of course.

Shroob

Sup?
It's a "safe" roster with no blatantly why-would-Sakurai-pick-this characters like Tin Star, plus in their original post the leaker was confident enough in their belief that the information provided was true to say that Pac-Man and Ganondorf would be revealed at E3 2014. Predicting something that far ahead in the future is a pretty ballsy move.

That doesn't make it a good roster, of course.
Yeah. No one's saying it's any good. I hate the Lucas and Ike cut and DESPISE Krystal, but the Dude abides. The way I view it.... The roster was decided two years ago probably. Nothing I can do to change it.

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93

Fingers crossed this works as a crafty publicity stunt for Snake's reconfirmation :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom