• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
And the leaker (provided this is true) is not Sakurai. I've said it before, but you're trying to force someone else's idealogy on someone who's probably not thinking in that manner, and that's ignoring that we don't know Sakurai idealogy is concerning the Melee cuts anyway.
Like I say, we just have to wait and see. I just get a little miffed when people get so full of themselves like seen above, but that's no reason to try to state your opinion as fact, which was what was being done. You have to look at the issue from two perspectives. Sure there could be cuts, but there could also not be, we won't know until the game comes out.

I've been meaning to ask. Why do I see takamaru come up so much in leaks, and in general? Please, Please, Pleeeeeeeeease tell me it's not solely because of nintendoland.
Takamaru was actually fairly popular on Sakurai's Japanese poll leading up to Brawl. It was how I learned of the character and that's probably the case with a lot of people here.

I think Takamaru would work because, although he is a Japan-exclusive character who few Westerners would recognize, he's the kind of character you don't need to recognize to admire. He's a pretty cool katana-swingin' ninjamurai with elemental powers for good measure.

Shroob

Sup?
Wasn't there a leak a long time ago that said Sakurai was doing an "East versus West" for the retros with Mac and Takamaru being the West and East respectively?

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Granted you guys are using "leaks" to make a roster, but it's still a topic that should go in Character Discussion.
Sorry, it was intended to just be a kind of visual interpretation of the leaks I considered most credible, and what assumptions could be inferred from their consolidation. It wasn't supposed to be character debate, as such; though as most leaks pertain to characters, what qualifies as appropriate discussion for this thread isn't always so black and white.

Honestly, I'm not sure any discussion in this thread is ever appropriate.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Wasn't there a leak a long time ago that said Sakurai was doing an "East versus West" for the retros with Mac and Takamaru being the West and East respectively?
That was a VERY long time ago... perhaps even the very first "leak" for this game, also known as the Halibuton leak. It also contained the infamous "Debu" thing.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Maybe I'm the only one but I think both Mewtwo and Roy have great chances of returning since they are so popular in the Smash community, moreso from Project M which Sakurai totally knows about.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was an interesting leak. He said that Retro were developing a new DKC game before it was ever announced. Very weird.
It was probably just a lucky guess. I remember a leaker had predicted that Mac would be revealed in the next direct, but he also said Lucario was cut.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Maybe I'm the only one but I think both Mewtwo and Roy have great chances of returning since they are so popular in the Smash community, moreso from Project M which Sakurai totally knows about.
I think Mewtwo has a better chance than Roy. First of all, he's been featured in X/Y, plus he has a far larger fanbase than Roy. In terms of leaks, he's also far more popular of a choice.

This raises a question: would Mewtwo simply be a veteran or a newcomer? Or perhaps somewhere in between, when and if he is announced?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I think Mewtwo has a better chance than Roy. First of all, he's been featured in X/Y, plus he has a far larger fanbase than Roy. In terms of leaks, he's also far more popular of a choice.

This raises a question: would Mewtwo simply be a veteran or a newcomer? Or perhaps somewhere in between, when and if he is announced?
Roy hasn't been featured in many leaks. Anyway this is getting a bit off topic

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Roy hasn't been featured in many leaks. Anyway this is getting a bit off topic
Oh, we're on topic. Just on a different topic.

Anywho, I would ask "any new leeks gaiz", but I'm pretty sure none have popped up, or else they'd be here.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As far as that one "Trophy Translator" image "leak" goes, I agree with @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero in that it's pretty much outright attention-whoring, thanks to him acting as the Sakurai Whisperer in spilling his intimate thoughts and desires, but as far as the Anna thing goes, isn't that basically what happened with Roy in Melee? Sakurai initially looked at Leaf as the more obvious choice, but went with Roy because he did more to differentiate himself with his fire? That could very easily end up being the case again, and although you'd think Robin would be the choice if that happened, Anna's not some Tharja, as has been said.

Last edited:

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
That trophy translator leak had it going for a bit...well written, super believable. But I lost it with the diddy/dixie tag system and Anna/Jack Frost? Not buying that. Love it tho they add isaac last mins. Still hoping for Isaac....

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I have unreasonably high hopes that the Trophy Translator leak is true. I'd love to play as Anna and the rest of the roster sounds solid.

but it's probably gonna let me down

Boston Sean

Smash Rookie
NNID
mason385
My Brother works for nintendo and has had access to the game. Heres what I can confirm
1. Pac Man, Paper Mario, and Goku are playable
2. Yoshi has been cut
3. The game can only be played using the wii mote turned on its side.
4. If you are still taking this leak serisouly stop.
5. Leaks are so dumb this is what they are now a days, nothing legit

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just don't see how Chrom is so super likely when he doesn't offer anything.

Wait a minute... You're trying to sucker me into another Ike vs Chrom debate, aren't you? There isn't that much of a difference between Chrom, Ike, and Marth but, really, does that even matter all that much in terms of Smash? Brawl had 5 semi clones with 2 of them being of the same character so even if Chrom ends up being a mix of Marth and Ike, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. If Brawl made Fox, Falco, and Wolf work, SSB4 could make Marth, Ike, and Chrom work. Honestly, the only people who I've seen who have any real objection to Chrom are the hardcore "beat Lunatic+ with their buttcheeks" Fire Emblem fans, and it's usually based on the concern that he's going to replace Ike. Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the two franchises in Smash that focus on their most current generation in Smash so unless Intelligent Systems secretly has Fire Emblem: Dragonfart in the works, I don't see why the star of the last game would be completely skipped over. especially when Awakening is already represented with Arena Ferox.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Don't know if this is old news or has been covered before, but it seems we've found a worthy one...

leak.png

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Don't know if this is old news or has been covered before, but it seems we've found a worthy one...

View attachment 10184
I do believe that one has been the topic of discussion for a while, my friend. We appreciate the effort to keep this thread alive, though.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay seeing as i need to repeat my self that leak is fake all of the posts are by diffrent people(i said this when it first was posted) you can tell by the poster id number right by the "UTC-4" you will notice that in the second post the op is replied to (you can see his number and op next to it) is diffrent from every other person in that leak

Last edited:

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I actually wouldn't like it if the Trophy Translator leak was real, but that's probably my obsession with classic and forgotten Nintendo characters speaking. I mean, c'mon, Takamaru? Lip? Prince Sable? Mike Jones? I don't care, I just want to see someone be revived in this game... I actually really hope the "High Round" rumor is true. It's my favorite leak/rumor so far.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hadn't seen that one before. I don't think it's all that believable. Mostly the statements on Dixie Kong and Ridley. I mean, if Ridley is playable, there's no reason for him to be a hazard. And unless all those Alfonzo jokes end up being true I don't see the devs having two different Ridley's on the same screen unless it's a second player picking the other Ridley. And we don't have any reason to believe he's a hazard since we've seen so many damn pictures of the arena already. Compared to the other levels, where their gimmicks were shown off relatively soon.

As for Dixie, it's mostly the swap out gimmick. Wasn't Diddy already shown using all of his special attacks? How would he switch with her? Is there a new input we don't know about? If she's in, Diddy doesn't need her to piggy back off of him now. He has his own moveset. And Dixie likely has enough to work with as a fighter.

I guess having Anna might be unlikely, then again I don't know much on Fire Emblem. Doesn't she have multiple incarnations in most of the series? It would make some sense to add her if that's the case.

And last but not least, would be Jack Frost. Now, I'm not one of those guys that thinks each company only gets one third party character. It would honestly be easier to get two characters from Capcom and Sega, than say one from Capcom, Sega, Namco, and Konami. And Jack's another Sega rep now. But really don't the character as iconic enough to warrant an inclusion in Smash. And if we did get another Sega character, he'd likely be competing with other popular Sega characters. It's not an impossible choice, but I can't see him being one of the top choices either.

Sorry if this has been discussion was beaten like a dead horse. This was the first time I've seen this "leak".

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
At least end your post with "thats why I think a leak with (whatever random character suddenly got popular) is unlikely/likely to be true" then its magically on topic when you give an opinion on a character. This thread is goin' nutzo's must usurp the throne ahhh!!!!

LHJarod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarod
3DS FC
0559-7330-0601
Sup, new here. I have a question about the Palutena leak, and Palutena in general as I am unfamiliar with the character. Does Palutena always have that light thing behind her head? If so, wouldn't it look a little weird with her jumping around and what not? A detail like that would look more fitting on an Assist Trophy I would think.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Sup, new here. I have a question about the Palutena leak, and Palutena in general as I am unfamiliar with the character. Does Palutena always have that light thing behind her head? If so, wouldn't it look a little weird with her jumping around and what not? A detail like that would look more fitting on an Assist Trophy I would think.
Welcome
Yes thats always there. But I don't think it will negate her playability or the leak. If you look at her hands and compare them to other assist trophies her hands are individually modeled while assist trophies are glued. So in the leak she is depicted as playable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom