• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah but we do need AT LEAST ONE character that was made after brawl... :'(
We had some characters that were made after Melee... Lucario, Lucas, Ike, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus... and a character who was made JUST BEFORE Melee came out... Olimar.

Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina are characters who were made JUST BEFORE Brawl came out... and I am certain we will get some characters that were made after Brawl... all I can think of are Chrom, Zoroark, Dillon, Shulk...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We had some characters that were made after Melee... Lucario, Lucas, Ike, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus... and a character who was made JUST BEFORE Melee came out... Olimar.

Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina are characters who were made JUST BEFORE Brawl came out... and I am certain we will get some characters that were made after Brawl... all I can think of are Chrom, Zoroark, Dillon, Shulk...
Honestly, maybe we should look around.
He could pull out some we've never heard of...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Using Wikipedia I'll add to that list: Captain Rainbow, Prince Fluff (Epic Yarn), The characters from the other Project Rainfall games, Malo and Wonder Red.

Here's the list I used, see if you can find anything else.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Yeah, the DSiWare version of Pyoro got translated as "Birds and Beans" in NTSC territories (actually a straight translation of the Japanese title, 鳥とマメ).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think your "popularity" logic is getting over you guys, and that's how you easily fall for such "safe" leaks.
I think your "unique" logic is getting over you, and that's how your roster ends up as crazy and out there as it is.
Listen, I know not every popular character will make the game, but some like Palutena or Little Mac in the past are extremely likely, so sometimes popular characters help a leak's credibility. In fact, some popular characters missing, like Palutena, Mewtwo, or a new DK character, actually decrease the likeliness in my eyes.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We'll uniqueness is probably the most important now when it comes to character decisions, also all the characters in my rosters have their own merits too, they aren't weak choices like the Stork or Shy Guy. (As much As I think how they could be very unique,) So no, my unique logic hasn't gone over me.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
We'll uniqueness is probably the most important now when it comes to character decisions, also all the characters in my rosters have their own merits too, they aren't weak choices like the Stork or Shy Guy. (As much As I think how they could be very unique,) So no, my unique logic hasn't gone over me.
So by going off of your roster wish list, four Annas would be unique? :troll:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod Which ones are worthy of being put up on the front page as most plausible?
The RosalinaX leak should definitely be added (even though it doesn't contain much info). That new trophy translator one could also be added (although it sounds like another Halibuton). The ErenJager leak (or even the whole smash demo thing in Vancouver in general) should be added as well.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
The RosalinaX leak should definitely be added (even though it doesn't contain much info). That new trophy translator one could also be added (although it sounds like another Halibuton). The ErenJager leak (or even the whole smash demo thing in Vancouver in general) should be added as well.
Good to know. By the way, what about that Tim Leak, with the two parter of stages and character list? It's pretty sketchy, but is that one on the watch list? *has this headcanon about the leaks being sorted by ludicrous (wait to be stamped out), average (wait for some things to be verified), Highly plausible (deserves front page attention).

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
User 1: oh looks like this thread is dead have there been any new leaks?
User 2: no
1: :c
2: ...ooh look a new leak on GameFAQS! It says Goku will be playable!
1: ...there is no way on Earth that's actually true.
*repeats until the game comes out*

Uniqueness is exactly what Sakurai looks for when creating characters (that is, except clones). Look at the WFT and Mega Man, for example. Heck, pretty much all of the newcomers so far have unique concepts (with Rosalina combining the likes of the Ice Climbers and Olimar while adding her own unique twists, and WFT's reveal alone) so the fact that you're basing merits and uniqueness to pick characters is perfectly alright (as I don't see a Stork getting in and Shy Guy is already disconfirmed).

That said, I'm not sure if your roster belongs in this thread, but then again I'm not the judge of that :p.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Good to know. By the way, what about that Tim Leak, with the two parter of stages and character list? It's pretty sketchy, but is that one on the watch list? *has this headcanon about the leaks being sorted by ludicrous (wait to be stamped out), average (wait for some things to be verified), Highly plausible (deserves front page attention).
It is probably average, but let me find the post and reread it before I judge.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So by going off of your roster wish list, four Annas would be unique? :troll:
I'm just quadruple biased for Anna. But it doesn't stop me from saying that Chrom+Lucina is a better effective choice than her.

Thank you kindly.

Now was there anything else to the Tin Star rumor I've been reading about? I only saw a few of you posting about it and since I had no prior knowledge of the game I had to look it up. Now I kinda want him to be included haha
Tin Star is not a strong choice, I can tell you that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Chase McCain haha
Honestly i wouldn't be suprised if this happened, it would be interesting but i wouldn't be against it.

In fact there's no Direct tomorrow.
Maybe friday, in fact if there is no yoshi tomorrow or in friday's pic before a direct if there is one prepare to bury all rumors as shadow wil Chaos Blast them all into their grave.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
If we get nothing this Friday I wouldn't be surprised. After all, trolling is Sakurai's specialty.
He'll probably show us some Pokémon character. And at this point, the only character from that series I can look forward to is Mewtwo, and I didn't even like him that much in Melee...

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a Direct on Friday, actually.
DIDDY KONG IS DEFINITELY GOING TO BE REVEALED ON FEBRUARY 13TH.
Cue Little Mac.
The same thing could easily happen for Yoshi, considering that Yoshi's New Island isn't coming to Japan until the Summer.
But I do find a Yoshi reveal overdue at this point. I cant take anymore "Yoshi is cut" jokes.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Cue Little Mac.
The same thing could easily happen for Yoshi, considering that Yoshi's New Island isn't coming to Japan until the Summer.
But I do find a Yoshi reveal overdue at this point. I cant take anymore "Yoshi is cut" jokes.
i think if there was a direct tomorrow we probably would have heard about it by now wouldn't we?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If we get nothing this Friday I wouldn't be surprised. After all, trolling is Sakurai's specialty.
He'll probably show us some Pokémon character. And at this point, the only character from that series I can look forward to is Mewtwo, and I didn't even like him that much in Melee...
Pokemon characters are few and far between, I think. I mean, the only Pokemon character we got during the announcement of SSB4 was Pikachu, and it took Sakurai until January of the next year to give us Lucario.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
i think if there was a direct tomorrow we probably would have heard about it by now wouldn't we?
I said Friday.
Tomorrow is Thursday.
Man March is flying by though.

And to be on topic I think the Palutena leak is real and all the others are bogus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cue Little Mac.
Sorry to tell you, but Yoshi is cut. Being replaced by Boshi.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
wait, i didnt know there was a demo in vancouver, i live there, never even heard if it

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please get back on topic everyone.

Status