• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHJarod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarod
3DS FC
0559-7330-0601
Welcome
Yes thats always there. But I don't think it will negate her playability or the leak. If you look at her hands and compare them to other assist trophies her hands are individually modeled while assist trophies are glued. So in the leak she is depicted as playable.
I see.. Thanks for answering. Thought I had something there. Oh well. Any leaks or guesses about when she'll be revealed?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I see.. Thanks for answering. Thought I had something there. Oh well. Any leaks or guesses about when she'll be revealed?
It could be in april with the next Nintendo Direct if not then probably in E3 and if that dosen´t happen maybe she is a super secret character XD.
.n_n.

LHJarod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarod
3DS FC
0559-7330-0601
It could be in april with the next Nintendo Direct if not then probably in E3 and if that dosen´t happen maybe she is a super secret character XD.
.n_n.
As long as she's revealed I guess. :) I think she'd make a great addition to the roster, and she is who I'm hoping will be in it most. Well, her and the return of Wolf. It makes me sad almost all leaks say Wolf won't return. ;_;

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
As long as she's revealed I guess. :) I think she'd make a great addition to the roster, and she is who I'm hoping will be in it most. Well, her and the return of Wolf. It makes me sad almost all leaks say Wolf won't return. ;_;
I have no idea how big this roster is going to be, and hope they do DLC for more characters. Sakurai said he has no plans for DLC, but a third of the leaks we read claim there will be.

"
Days ago we private play test the game for some people.
Not all 48 caracters showed.
As we are close to Yoshi reveal I feel I can let go of more information.
Next Direct will reveal two Fire Emblem characters.
Nintendo Land is a stage. It represent Mii.
Robin or Isaac is a character will be reveal in E3.
Palutena use the staff for her magic attacks, she also has projectiles and a counter.
Shulk is another newcomer who is hidden.
A new anouncement for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is coming."

Silly gamefaqs.

Last edited:

LHJarod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarod
3DS FC
0559-7330-0601
I have no idea how big this roster is going to be, and hope they do DLC for more characters. Sakurai said he has no plans for DLC, but a third of the leaks we read claim there will be.

"
Palutena use the staff for her magic attacks, she also has projectiles and a counter.

Silly gamefaqs.
I would like this to be true, but I'm guessing it will be disproven when the next direct happens. A lot of the stuff listed are things I believe I've seen in other leaks. Unless by chance they're right. I also doubt they tested the game. But you never know I guess. :/

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
There seem to be people in this thread calling fake "leaks" that feature Anna in them because "Anna is too far-fetched and random", but to be honest I don't think that's the case. Anna has been featured in almost every FE game, being the "tutorial girl", and because of IS attempt to make the ultimate FE game in Awakening they made her playable, explained the reason why she could be in every FE game and even made her (DLC SPOILER ALERT) the ultimate boss of the series. In other words, she is the mascot of the franchise. As for this point every FE character has been too especific (except for Marth being the "classic" one). Roy has been the highlight of one FE game, Ike of only two. However, Anna has been a "bridge character" and is quite popular in Awakening as well, which is the most recent and relevant FE game at the moment. Moreover, she is not a lord, she is from a different class, and I think we can all agree about the fact that Sakurai likes to bring originality to the table when making characters. And she is also a female FE rep.I'm not saying that Anna is a totally safe beat by any means, but I think she is at the very least at the same level as Chrom and friends.

D

Deleted member

Wow this thread is dead.
Any new leaks?
It's also early, everyone in NA is either going to work, school or sleeping.
Except me.

I just have a feeling that she'll be revealed on the release date of uprising.
Hah! gamefaq's still trying man they all fail!
Do you mean the anniversary? Uprising has been out for 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
I guess America is sleeping. There is no need to post if there is nothing to post about anyway. Actually, this post I'm posting right now is filler. wow, paradox

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

"

Silly gamefaqs.
He said only play tested the game, yet he knows when characters will be revealed and what will be in directs..

D

Deleted member

"

Silly gamefaqs.
Who is Robin? From Fire Emblem? If so, I really, REALLY doubt we'll have 4-5 Fire Emblem Characters

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
He said only play tested the game, yet he knows when characters will be revealed and what will be in directs..
Exactly. When leakers give too much information they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Like the trophy translator leak saying "X character was considered during development" or "X character is in because of good terms between Nintendo and Atlus."

They're obvious fake leaks but people talk about them because they like the roster.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
As far as that one "Trophy Translator" image "leak" goes, I agree with @Xenoblaze in that it's pretty much outright attention-whoring, thanks to him acting as the Sakurai Whisperer in spilling his intimate thoughts and desires, but as far as the Anna thing goes, isn't that basically what happened with Roy in Melee? Sakurai initially looked at Leaf as the more obvious choice, but went with Roy because he did more to differentiate himself with his fire? That could very easily end up being the case again, and although you'd think Robin would be the choice if that happened, Anna's not some Tharja, as has been said.
Wait wait wait, Leaf was initially planned before Roy?! Can I have a source or something before I genuinely get disappointed that he wasn't put in.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Given the general focus of the event, I'm not suspecting much in the way of Smash as it doesn't appear to be directed towards their regular first party operations.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't expect a character reveal, you'll only disappoint yourself.
I don't but it's nice to have something going on besides arguing over which roster is the most BeeEss.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
its that time again come let us judge this person

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68769799

FIRST AND FOREMOST
I know the majority of you are gonna write it off as fake, put the leak down, etc etc. however.. Believe it or not, the choice is real, but I know it's true and I'm gonna share my knowledge.

Someone's gonna post my account credentials (provisional) and write it off as fake for that, however, I'm not new to Gamefaqs. I'm a frequent poster on here. I made a new account to keep myself undercover. I will not reveal my source of information for the sake of people not getting into any trouble with their jobs.

Let's begin.

I know nothing of the movesets of the newcomers, or what the fate of non-newcomers are. I don't have a bajillion details of if someone was considered or not. I just have the newcomers and some stages.

- There is no new Zelda newcomer, nor is there a Donkey Kong newcomer.
- The Palutena leak is real.
- All Pokemon veterans return, including Mewtwo.
- The E3 leak is also correct. Miis are a newcomer, as well as Pac Man. Snake does not return. Pac Man's stage is an adaptation of his original arcade game maze.
- Chibi Robo is a newcomer. His stage takes inspiration from the first game; it takes place on a kitchen counter, complete with a sink. Occasionally, the faucet will turn on, washing anyone who gets caught in the water down the drain (which is a bottomless KO hole).
- The new retro rep is Excitebiker. He is redesigned much like Pit was for Brawl. His stage is a flat plane with multiple ramps; throughout the course of the battle, occasionally, a group of 8-bit excitebikers will ride in and do jumps over the ramps. These cause damage if they hit you.
-Isaac is a newcomer.
-Chrom is a newcomer.

So, the newcomers, in a straight list, are
-Palutena
-Mewtwo (returning)
-Mii
-Pac Man
-Chibi Robo
-Excitebiker
-Isaac
-Chrom
-Villager
-Rosalina
-Mega Man
-Little Mac
-Wii Fit Trainer

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
its that time again come let us judge this person

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68769799

FIRST AND FOREMOST
I know the majority of you are gonna write it off as fake, put the leak down, etc etc. however.. Believe it or not, the choice is real, but I know it's true and I'm gonna share my knowledge.

Someone's gonna post my account credentials (provisional) and write it off as fake for that, however, I'm not new to Gamefaqs. I'm a frequent poster on here. I made a new account to keep myself undercover. I will not reveal my source of information for the sake of people not getting into any trouble with their jobs.

Let's begin.

I know nothing of the movesets of the newcomers, or what the fate of non-newcomers are. I don't have a bajillion details of if someone was considered or not. I just have the newcomers and some stages.

- There is no new Zelda newcomer, nor is there a Donkey Kong newcomer.
- The Palutena leak is real.
- All Pokemon veterans return, including Mewtwo.
- The E3 leak is also correct. Miis are a newcomer, as well as Pac Man. Snake does not return. Pac Man's stage is an adaptation of his original arcade game maze.
- Chibi Robo is a newcomer. His stage takes inspiration from the first game; it takes place on a kitchen counter, complete with a sink. Occasionally, the faucet will turn on, washing anyone who gets caught in the water down the drain (which is a bottomless KO hole).
- The new retro rep is Excitebiker. He is redesigned much like Pit was for Brawl. His stage is a flat plane with multiple ramps; throughout the course of the battle, occasionally, a group of 8-bit excitebikers will ride in and do jumps over the ramps. These cause damage if they hit you.
-Isaac is a newcomer.
-Chrom is a newcomer.

-Palutena
-Mewtwo (returning)
-Mii
-Pac Man
-Chibi Robo
-Excitebiker
-Isaac
-Chrom
-Villager
-Rosalina
-Mega Man
-Little Mac
-Wii Fit Trainer
As the second post on GameFAQs said.
"Hey look, another text leak by a provisional account!

You guys know the drill!"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As the second post on GameFAQs said.
"Hey look, another text leak by a provisional account!

You guys know the drill!"
Agreed, seems fake but you never know. although excitebike is an interesting retro choice. Als uf GDC is focusing on indie delvelopers, maybe an Eshop character would be shown off for smash bros.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Agreed, seems fake but you never know. although excitebike is an interesting retro choice. Als uf GDC is focusing on indie delvelopers, maybe an Eshop character would be shown off for smash bros.
The only eshop character who should make it in is Dillon and he's first party. I doubt we'll get anything at GDC. Now if Sakurai was speaking...

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to admit that no newcomer for Legend of Zelda OR Donkey Kong would be quite disappointing to me.
Absolutely. Especially thinking of what has changed since Brawl. DKC returned with DKCR and DKC:TF and therefore a DK newcomer would be absolutely understandable. A Zelda newcomer also still stands a chance while I have to say it's difficult to say who should get the spot after all. I think we get 3 DK characters and therefore rumors saying we only get 2 DK characters seem to me unlikely while not being totally proven fake.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
No Zelda or DKC character would for sure be upsetting.....
But I'm a Cchibi-robo fanboy, so not that upset.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
-Palutena
-Mewtwo (returning)
-Mii
-Pac Man
-Chibi Robo
-Excitebiker
-Isaac
-Chrom
-Villager
-Rosalina
-Mega Man
-Little Mac
-Wii Fit Trainer
Can't complain if real. If there were no new Zelda or Donkey Kong newcomer it wouldn't surprise me, I was kinda expecting it.

G-K

Smash Cadet
:cry::cry::cry:It's the 12th of March and not one new character has been revealed this month
Yoshi this friday is pretty much a given, isn't it?
...And I'm seriously hoping/dreaming Ness gets revealed on the 20th (Mother 2 Wii U VC 1st Anniversary)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
As much as I like the idea of Toon Zelda, Ghirahim or even Midna in Smash, I think Zelda is perfectly fine with four reps, but no DK newcomer would be a bummer. Although I would gladly trade a DK newcomer for a rep of some unrepresented franchise, like Chibi Robo, Murasame Castle, Panel de Pon, etc...

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I have mixed feelings regarding these "leaks".

On one hand, it's almost farcically easy to make one:
1. Make a GameFAQs account with an email address you're willing to sacrifice.
2. On that account, claim you or someone you know just happen(s) to be a Nintendo/HAL Labs/Namco developer who is working on Smash 4.
3. Proceed to do something that would likely cost you your job if you were actually working for one of the above companies - leak the (unusually finalized) roster. No need to mention your source - you don't have one, after all - as it can easily be written away as the source in question not wanting to get caught.
4. Write your "most wanted" roster, which you're going to attempt to pass off as real.
4a. Caution that your roster doesn't go over 50 or so characters.
4b. Make sure your roster includes at least four of the following potential newcomers/returning fighters:
A. Ridley
B. Takamaru
C. Dixie Kong
D. Pac-Man
E. Mewtwo
F. Palutena
4c. Throw in at least one unexpected retro character for spice, sports-related if possible (e.g. Mach Rider, Excite Biker).
4d. (optional) Outline the newcomers' move sets in the vaguest terms possible.
5. (optional) Describe a few stages (these should be from recent releases only!).
6. You're done! Post and watch the stream of "I don't believe you" comments flow in before your topic is inevitably deleted!

On the other, depressingly few of these "leaks" involve Lip or K. Rool and I'm tempted to believe the ones that do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom