• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Isn't Anna the most recurring Fire Emblem character?
And she recently got upgraded to playable. (similar situation to Rosalina and Cranky Kong)
There were a whole bunch of Annas in Awakening.
Why is that funny?
I'd choose her and Tiki over Robin any day, although Robin is my 5th choice.
And I'm hoping for Chrom and Lucina to be together...
I think it's completely plausible.
It's funny because it would imply that Robin, Chrom, and Lucina were too subpar so the developers instead went for a random unit like Anna instead.

Though I wouldn't be surprised in the case of Chrom and Lucina.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
hey guys worth mentioning but pokemon battle trozei comes out tomorrow in japan so will we get someone or did the pokemon stage get revealed early just to present for that

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Palutena Will be Announced This month people
Punch out was a game highlighted last month on Club Nintendo for no apparent reason at the time, then little Mac was announced.
This month Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters is in the catalog as well,so get hyped for a direct!
-Is a month without an international Direct. Instant No.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
While I don't believe in the attention whoring rumor disguised as a leak, I will say that it would be hilarious if Anna came before Chorm, Lucina, and Robin.
Hilarious? More like amazing :love:. I would love to play as anna and hear her use money related puns while kicking butt! Anyway the leaks probably fake, as much as I would LOVE for it to be true.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The only true leeks are going to be the ones occurring a month before the game releases.
And yet, there's never going to be any point pre-release when the skeptics start to say, "Alright, guys, we've hit the magic four month mark until release, leaks might actually start happening now!" They're still going to whine about how everything is fake, just like they've been doing so far, just like they did once that mark had arrived pre-Brawl and pre-Melee (with the actual final rosters, even), and nothing will change.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys, the "Stork Leak" you've been discussing for the past few pages has been a confirmed fake for at least a month now. Which also goes to show, the Lumoise Cafe was a guessable stage idea that doesn't really grant more or less credibility to any other "leak" that features it.
That is true, as soon as i saw it was announced for x and y, i was betting that this was a stage.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
How Do you know? is there a set pattern or was that officially announced somehow?
Directs with character reveals have been happening only in international directs, which come at 2 month intervals.
It isn't impossible, but it is highly unlikely we'll get a newcomer this month.

\/ I hope this happens just to **** with us, really. I also hope to see a random snake soon to destroy half the rumors saying he won't return. (and because i love mgs)

Last edited:

Gum Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
jaogio
3DS FC
0387-8992-2953
Directs with character reveals have been happening only in international directs, which come at 2 month intervals.
It isn't impossible, but it is highly unlikely we'll get a newcomer this month.
OK then, still want some kind of reveal of some sorts... maybe a better look at the WiiU kid icarus stage or something....

andimidna

Smash Master

kylexv

Smash Master
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66787836
First leak that came up.
Daang, dat Midna.
Ah well, admitted fake. Plus, Zelda is confirmed.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68528801
This looks like a leak already in the Dead Leak section.
I guess they tried again, but didn't try hard enough.

This probably didn't help much. I'll look for newer stuff next time.
btw, the Shadow leak will be deconfirmed on Friday.
The second one was the Translator leak. Deconfirmed a little less than a month ago.
And what do you mean the Shadow leak will be deconfirmed on Friday (Not like it was fake already)?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
A newcomer can be revealed without an international direct, if it's to break our predictions here.
You have to ask yourself if Sakurai would really break schedule. They are set to appear on a NDbecause Nintendo uses these every two months to generate hype for all of their games. They wouldn't make one Nation-exclusive as that breaks Nintendo's schedule. And I would be surprised if Sakurai got to plan all of this out, he likely had some hand in it, but not necessarily the newcomers in dates.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's funny because it would imply that Robin, Chrom, and Lucina were too subpar so the developers instead went for a random unit like Anna instead.

Though I wouldn't be surprised in the case of Chrom and Lucina.
Better Anna than Tharja (AKA Ms. Smell Your Hair While You Sleep) like some people suggest. Either way, Chrom and Lucina are going to happen to some degree; that's a given. In my opinion, they'll either be playable together or Chrom will be playable and Lucina will be an assist trophy. I know a lot of people don't like Chrom but, like with Mii and Pac-Man, I think there's a lot of denial about his likelihood.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I've had a look over the various leaks, and I've come up with a sort of "educated guess" based on which leaks I think are most likely to be true. Those are the E3 leak (Pac-Man and Mii), Palutena, and the Mario Kart forum guy who said there were 48 characters; just because he seemed pretty legit.

I've also gone with the assumption that everybody's returned from Brawl, though I suspect at least one or two characters won't make it.

Well, there it is. A pretty likely roster. 48 characters (including transformations), using characters from the leaks I mentioned. That leaves one spot not yet known, which I've marked "unknown" in the bottom right. Also, if there are cuts there would be a couple of extra newcomers.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I really wish people would stop it with these stupid "Oh the website messed up and showed me something early!!!" leaks. This is the fourth time Nintendo is making a smash brothers game. I think Sakurai knows how to reveal info without having a crap ton of stuff lurking in the background of the site waiting to accidentally show up. Also they aren't nearly as hard to make as a convincing screenshot (like say Palutena) so there is no chance of anyone believing one anyway.

As for Shadow... cool though he would be (which could be said of probably thousands of characters mind you), yeah... no chance. I could go into a whole rant about third parties here, and what just doesn't make sense to do with them, but it's not worth my time. People either already understand that as most of you do, or won't understand that by me delving into it.

But finally there is the most recent one that attempts to be interesting. Another translator leaking info. It's almost like translators can't get fired or something, or maybe people just want an excuse for their "friends" to know English. Regardless while the character choices are somewhat baffling they aren't what has my BS alarm going off. Everything about his leak screams fan-made to me. Sure it's more thought out then some of the crap we've seen, but it's like he's trying to justify all of the decisions made by Nintendo regarding smash brothers that had people scratching there heads, with the obvious exception of WFT, but deep down I think we all know why she is in. Also, as usual, it reaks of having too much insight into Sakurai's thought process.

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
That leak's gotta be fake; Anna's only been in like 12 FE games. Game needs more blue haired lords with swords.
Translation: Don't knock it because you think that character X is unlikely. Even the most ridiculous characters usually have things going for them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Better Anna than Tharja (AKA Ms. Smell Your Hair While You Sleep) like some people suggest. Either way, Chrom and Lucina are going to happen to some degree; that's a given. In my opinion, they'll either be playable together or Chrom will be playable and Lucina will be an assist trophy. I know a lot of people don't like Chrom but, like with Mii and Pac-Man, I think there's a lot of denial about his likelihood.
I don't see why the skepticism should just simply be passed aside like it's nothing, because it is a legit concern over inclusion. You know, we're talking about the character that is constantly claimed to be Ike v2.0 (more like Ike v0.5), which in a franchise like Fire Emblem that clearly can do better then that, it shouldn't be such a surprise that a character is being neglected as nothing special. The only thing holding him is the fact that he comes from the only title in the series to surpass a million sales and prevent the franchise from croaking, but that won't be enough if the character himself will be highly redundant with Marth and Ike. Remember, in the end a character will be included because of a character's merits, not because of a cheap way of advertising a game that doesn't need advertisement.

I just don't see how Chrom is so super likely when he doesn't offer anything.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wouldn't count shadow out as they have the sega partnership which could offer a second sega rep. Still though he is somewhat unlikely.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Warning Received
I've had a look over the various leaks, and I've come up with a sort of "educated guess" based on which leaks I think are most likely to be true. Those are the E3 leak (Pac-Man and Mii), Palutena, and the Mario Kart forum guy who said there were 48 characters; just because he seemed pretty legit.

I've also gone with the assumption that everybody's returned from Brawl, though I suspect at least one or two characters won't make it.

Well, there it is. A pretty likely roster. 48 characters (including transformations), using characters from the leaks I mentioned. That leaves one spot not yet known, which I've marked "unknown" in the bottom right. Also, if there are cuts there would be a couple of extra newcomers.
I really doubt. Roster like that would be the final one.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
A roster without a retro newcomer or Shulk, I think that's not the most likely outcome for the roster.
I'd love Shulk, but I'm really not sure he'll be in it. Once we start to get more information, I'll update the leak roster but I think I'm probably not too far off.

Personally, I hope Pokemon Trainer's gone and replaced with three totally different characters. But, I'm veering off topic a little. Basically, I do feel like we have some legitimate information that we can use to make predictions about the final roster. Obviously, I'm not going to actually be exactly right.

Are you drunk?

When in the heck is that the most likely roster

For 1 why the hell would there only be 2 more newcomers (pac man and palutena) that's craz

2 snake is safe? That's a rediculous theory it's not looking good for him at this point

3 are you super drunk? There's no mewtwo on that roster theres so much evidence prooving he's coming back (and yea I know its still possible for him to not come back but very little amount of chance of getting kicked again.)

4 how many times do we have to tell you people sakurai said not everyone is coming back!
Thanks for the critique (use of tired old gifs notwithstanding). Like I said, I don't think this prediction is correct, and I expect a couple of cuts.

And no, I'm not drunk... yet.

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace

I would be okay with this. Ecstatic if the last one were K. Rool, Ridley, or, dare I say it, Krystal (Yes I know she isn't happening. No I'm not a furry.)

Yet this does make me hope that "four cuts" comment from that Mario Kart Rumor is referring to four cuts from brawl. Not that that rumor is necessarily true, but this whole train of thought is contingent upon it being so, so I'm rolling with it.

That would put us at 13 new commers and give Pokemon and FE a chance to both get at least one newcommer. 13 is higher then my usual "9-11" speil but not outside the realm of possibility. Whereas this hits right on the "9" mark. So I guess this would make me more correct, but 13 would make me happier.

Also cuts don't offend me that much. I actually don't miss Mewtwo, and I certainly don't miss the clones.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I've been meaning to ask. Why do I see takamaru come up so much in leaks, and in general? Please, Please, Pleeeeeeeeease tell me it's not solely because of nintendoland.

Shroob

Sup?

Are you drunk?

For 1 why the hell would there only be 2 more newcomers (pac man and palutena) that's crazy 3 to 5 more newcomers is more likely

2 snake is safe? That's a rediculous theory it's not looking good for him at this point

3 are you super drunk? There's no mewtwo on that roster theres so much evidence prooving he's coming back (and yea I know its still possible for him to not come back but very little amount of chance of getting kicked again.)

4 how many times do we have to tell you people sakurai said not everyone is coming back!
*From Smash*. He said not everyone is coming back "From Smash". Never specified be it Melee or Brawl, just said "Smash". Why such hostility?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
*From Smash*. He said not everyone is coming back "From Smash". Never specified be it Melee or Brawl, just said "Smash". Why such hostility?
I'm sure he mean't everyone on the brawl roster I mean except for mewtwo and dr mario for alternate for mario, everyone who failed to come back to brawl the chances are slim for them to make a comeback.

And yea I appologize for my outburst

Edited the post.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Knowing Sakurai, the most likely roster to us is certainly not his.

For 1 why the hell would there only be 2 more newcomers (pac man and palutena) that's crazy 3 to 5 more newcomers is more likely
And furthermore, BADGRAPHICS also listed the Mii on the roster. So it's three newcomers.

That said, I don't think myself that's a likely roster either--other characters have been getting so much attention I doubt Sakurai's ignoring them. And who knows--we might not even get Palutena, or even a newcomer this month.

We''ll see by the end of the week, at least.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm sure he mean't everyone on the brawl roster I mean except for mewtwo and dr mario for alternate for mario, everyone who failed to come back to brawl the chances are slim for them to make a comeback.

But yea I don't get amused with people who think rosters like this. But assure you guys I hate getting hostle like that.
And, you're not Sakurai, frankly. Just because you're 'sure' of something doesn't make it right. For all we know, he could have very well meant the melee clones. We knew he had planned to bring most back in some form in Brawl, so it's obvious if he considered them 'cuts' then, what's to say he wouldn't now.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Granted you guys are using "leaks" to make a roster, but it's still a topic that should go in Character Discussion.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Seriously, dude, read the post. I've purposefully not included any characters based on conjecture; this is the leaks thread. The roster is based on leaks.

I'm sorry to hear you don't get amused by the rosters I think... or whatever.
I'm sorry I should have known better. :urg:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And, you're not Sakurai, frankly. Just because you're 'sure' of something doesn't make it right. For all we know, he could have very well meant the melee clones. We knew he had planned to bring most back in some form in Brawl, so it's obvious if he considered them 'cuts' then, what's to say he wouldn't now.
And the leaker (provided this is true) is not Sakurai. I've said it before, but you're trying to force someone else's idealogy on someone who's probably not thinking in that manner, and that's ignoring that we don't know Sakurai idealogy is concerning the Melee cuts anyway.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been meaning to ask. Why do I see takamaru come up so much in leaks, and in general? Please, Please, Pleeeeeeeeease tell me it's not solely because of nintendoland.
He seems to have some popularity here and japan plus he had the nintendoland game so his chances are good but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom