• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The ONLY reason Friday has become the 'hot' day is because games have been coming out on Fridays.
Still, Big Yoshi Game VS Small Pokemon Spin Off. One's fighting an uphill battle here.
Though I'm surprised a very minimal amount of leaks have predicted Yoshi for the 14th have popped up since the release date so far.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If there is to be a Pokemon revealed tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and rule Mewtwo out. Jiggs or PT is more likely given that the occasion is just an eShop game. Sure Mewtwo is a veteran too, but his status is a more special case.

With that said, have any leaks mentioned Trozei with a character reveal?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Still, Big Yoshi Game VS Small Pokemon Spin Off. One's fighting an uphill battle here.
Though I'm surprised a very minimal amount of leaks have predicted Yoshi for the 14th have popped up since the release date so far.
Yoshi not being revealed has a chance of happening imo. Japan doesn't get the game til sometime in summer, so if they release him, it'll be strictly for the American release date. Also, there's no Direct to talk about a supposed 'Year of Yoshi'.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yoshi not being revealed has a chance of happening imo. Japan doesn't get the game til sometime in summer, so if they release him, it'll be strictly for the American release date. Also, there's no Direct to talk about a supposed 'Year of Yoshi'.
Just because a Year of __isn't happening (because the sales weren't good for YoL) doesn't exactly mean it won't happen. I'll admit, American release dates aren't usually regarded, but the Japanese release date is still rather up in the air. As Diddy Kong was revealed on an American RD, and Meta Knight will likely be revealed on May 2, I think it's a little more up in the air than usual. But it would make sense.

Shroob

Sup?
Just because a Year of __isn't happening (because the sales weren't good for YoL) doesn't exactly mean it won't happen. I'll admit, American release dates aren't usually regarded, but the Japanese release date is still rather up in the air. As Diddy Kong was revealed on an American RD, and Meta Knight will likely be revealed on May 2, I think it's a little more up in the air than usual. But it would make sense.
No, I agree with you, just saying it's plausible... and frankly, I would not dislike a random reveal.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If there is to be a Pokemon revealed tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and rule Mewtwo out. Jiggs or PT is more likely given that the occasion is just an eShop game. Sure Mewtwo is a veteran too, but his status is a more special case.

If anything, it'll probably Pokemon Trainer.
I don't see Jiggs being revealed just yet.

Oh, and Mario Party Island Tour is releasing in Japan on that very day.
So there's that...

With that said, have any leaks mentioned Trozei with a character reveal?
I think there's one.
But I'm not sure..

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, if we get a reveal this week and whatever character it is seems to be up in the air. We could see a Pokemon veteran tomorrow due to a Japanese release which generally have proven to hold more water than western releases, or we could see Yoshi on Friday due to a western release. However, it could very well have been that the only reason Diddy Kong was revealed for a Western release was because his Japanese release was snubbed by Little Mac due to the Direct that happened on the same day and Sakurai might still want to wait for the Japanese release of Yoshi's New Island for Yoshi's reveal.

Eh, I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens this week, for all we know we could even get a random reveal or none at all...... :/

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well I doubt there's any more Mario characters unless you count Wario or (of course) Yoshi, so I don't see much going along with Mario Party Island Tour.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
When is the release of Mario Party island Tour? I think I saw a leak claiming Wario will be revealed then. . .

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
When is the release of Mario Party island Tour? I think I saw a leak claiming Wario will be revealed then. . .
March 20th in Japan, so about 6 days after Yoshi's potential reveal.

...Though I still find it very strange to reveal Wario for Mario Party or Kart, especially if he's still wearing his WarioWare duds.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well I doubt there's any more Mario characters unless you count Wario or (of course) Yoshi, so I don't see much going along with Mario Party Island Tour.
To be fair though, both of them are in the game so if Sakurai doesn't want to wait for either, Mario Party at least has a reason in advertising them.

The 20th of this month.

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
March 20th in Japan, so about 6 days after Yoshi's potential reveal.

...Though I still find it very strange to reveal Wario for Mario Party or Kart, especially if he's still wearing his WarioWare duds.
The Game Boy Advance Virtual Console launch begins in April, with the Japanese Virtual Console having the original GBA Warioware and Wario Land 4 being released in April and Kirby Amazing Mirror and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland also being released in April. Wario and Meta Knight therefore are candidates for April. Surprised rumors and leaks seem to forget about this.

Shroob

Sup?
The Game Boy Advance Virtual Console launch begins in April, with the Japanese Virtual Console having the original GBA Warioware and Wario Land 4 being released in April and Kirby Amazing Mirror and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland also being released in April. Wario and Meta Knight therefore are candidates for April. Surprised rumors and leaks seem to forget about this.
Probably because people assume Wario this month, MK in May, and a Newcomer and random reveal in April... Unless April starts a trend of 3 characters per month, that is, which seems unlikely at this point in time.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, the anniversary of "Ball" is in April.
So put Mr. G&W on the list...

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Good point you make there. Didn't think about this and this would be a good opportunity for Sakurai in order to reveal Meta Knight for some japanese based thing instead of revealing him for some western release of Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Are there any rumors predicting Yoshi this week? If so, we soon can put some rumors in the "less likely" category.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Yeah, there's nothing left except for those two. Unless they release another newcomer, which for Mario would be highly unlikely.

And for some reason, I'm liking the new leak with "unrevealed transformations" a little too much for me to actually believe it :/.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Honestly, if we get a reveal this week and whatever character it is seems to be up in the air. We could see a Pokemon veteran tomorrow due to a Japanese release which generally have proven to hold more water than western releases, or we could see Yoshi on Friday due to a western release. However, it could very well have been that the only reason Diddy Kong was revealed for a Western release was because his Japanese release was snubbed by Little Mac due to the Direct that happened on the same day and Sakurai might still want to wait for the Japanese release of Yoshi's New Island for Yoshi's reveal.

Eh, I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens this week, for all we know we could even get a random reveal or none at all...... :/
I think Sakurai simply wanted to do a newcomer reveal after a while to hype up the audience, which is why he wanted to save Diddy for later.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't know, but i think i like that roster. It looks really good. But it looks REALLY fake.
-Anna over a Lord? This seems like it rooted in Smashboards.
-Though that Jack Frost thing sounds interesting, very plausible. (Because I'm obsessed with SMT and Jack Frost would be awesome.)
-Ridley suffering from Tron Syndrome sounds very weird to me.
-Sunset Shore is very likely as a stage, so that's an easy guess.
Overall, extensive and dangerous leak. It's certainly reasonable, even with Jack Frost, but then again a wrong information batch kills this one quickly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know what could happen this week as sakurai is to un predictable right now. Back to the shadow art work, if it is true, then i wouldn't be suprised to see shadow if it is real in a direct this week. As there is that yoshi DLC in lost world so that would give them slight reason to show him off if the DLC is shown of in it.

Shroob

Sup?
There is one thing to be said about Anna. Anna has been in close to every Fire Emblem game. Sometimes as nothing but a tossaway cameo appearance, sure, but the fact she's been in close to every game in the franchise means she's the series unofficial mascot. What? You thought Anna first appeared in Awakening? Nope, she's been around since Marth's time.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
-Though that Jack Frost thing sounds interesting, very plausible. (Because I'm obsessed with SMT and Jack Frost would be awesome.)
Hm. Personally, I think if they were to add anyone from the SMT series, I would imagine it to be one of the Persona protagonists. Like Yu. Or the protag from Persona 3.

But this isn't really the place to discuss this, is it?

Shroob

Sup?
Hm. Personally, I think if they were to add anyone from the SMT series, I would imagine it to be one of the Persona protagonists. Like Yu. Or the protag from Persona 3.

But this isn't really the place to discuss this, is it?
Considering Yu has NEVER been on a Nintendo console... and Jack Frost is Atlus' mascot...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Considering Yu has NEVER been on a Nintendo console... and Jack Frost is Atlus' mascot...
True, but that's just what I imagine. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I still ain't believing any text leaks, anyone could write them up and that alone is what leaves me to not believe them.
Exactly. Why people spend hours analyzing things they don't agree with because it doesn't line up with their opinions of what the game should be is beyond me.

I could literally join another website under a random name, type some **** up and it will be discussed here for more than 50 pages.

Ask yourselves, have any of these been true? If the answer is no then you're gullible.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Except he is going to appear on one in Persona Q. I don't think he has a shot though. Frost is ultimately a lot more likely, which I would love to see actually. (Did they really think Mara would get in the game though?)

Overall, that leak seems pretty fantastic to me and I wouldn't mind it coming true. I just don't think it is true unfortunately.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Except he is going to appear on one in Persona Q. I don't think he has a shot though. Frost is ultimately a lot more likely, which I would love to see actually. (Did they really think Mara would get in the game though?)

Overall, that leak seems pretty fantastic to me and I wouldn't mind it coming true. I just don't think it is true unfortunately.
Mara? I don't see that... thing appearing in any family friendly game ever. :laugh: Ah, well, no matter what happens, I'd be happy with some rep from Atlus.

I wouldn't mind that leak being true either. All around, it's pretty good.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
While I don't believe in the attention whoring rumor disguised as a leak, I will say that it would be hilarious if Anna came before Chorm, Lucina, and Robin.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, the "Stork Leak" you've been discussing for the past few pages has been a confirmed fake for at least a month now. Which also goes to show, the Lumoise Cafe was a guessable stage idea that doesn't really grant more or less credibility to any other "leak" that features it.

andimidna

Smash Master
While I don't believe in the attention whoring rumor disguised as a leak, I will say that it would be hilarious if Anna came before Chorm, Lucina, and Robin.
Isn't Anna the most recurring Fire Emblem character?
And she recently got upgraded to playable. (similar situation to Rosalina and Cranky Kong)
There were a whole bunch of Annas in Awakening.
Why is that funny?
I'd choose her and Tiki over Robin any day, although Robin is my 5th choice.
And I'm hoping for Chrom and Lucina to be together...
I think it's completely plausible.

Gum Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
jaogio
3DS FC
0387-8992-2953
Palutena Will be Announced This month people
Punch out was a game highlighted last month on Club Nintendo for no apparent reason at the time, then little Mac was announced.
This month Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters is in the catalog as well,so get hyped for a direct!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Guys, the "Stork Leak" you've been discussing for the past few pages has been a confirmed fake for at least a month now. Which also goes to show, the Lumoise Cafe was a guessable stage idea that doesn't really grant more or less credibility to any other "leak" that features it.
Really? My word, I wasn't aware of this. Would have saved me time if I knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom