• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Are there any rumors about the Year of Yoshi or about Yoshi being announced soon still live? Because...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I could see Yoshi being set aside for March, because Luigi was announced sometime in August during the Year of Luigi, they could hold off him for someone else, making the fans mad again, I feel that's going to kill leaks with the obvious predictions.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Are there any rumors about the Year of Yoshi or about Yoshi being announced soon still live? Because...

Every second it passes I'm more convinced that this is the case. Not sure how I feel about it. New Island is probably pure ****, so that's really not the best start.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
That's a lot of info for a leak....I want to immediately dismiss it, but I like it too much.
Krool, Dixie, and Chibi Robo would be pretty prime.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I fumble with the bbcode to break your post into individual quotes, so I won't be doing that. As for your suggestion that I didn't play the game, you're right; though I did watch an extensive let's-play by a friend when the game came out. Because the gameplay and drama I saw for an accumulated several hours centered around Chrom and Lucina, I simply cannot see anyone else from that game making it into Smash. (If there was a considerable amount of time where Robin overshadowed C&L, I didn't see it!) And, as I said in an incomplete thought before, I'm not even totally confident that any Awakening character will make it anyway, so our jabbering of which Awakening characters have the highest chance could end up being moot.

And as for your comment on body shapes, I don't anticipate that we'll see a lot of new ones. What I do expect, though, is that the group of newcomers are mostly distinct from each other. A good mix of humanoids, small fries and hulking brutes are what I'm after, and it hurts the credibility of a rumor if there are too many, say, swordsmen. It helps the credibility if we see things from all over the spectrum like Ridley, Mach Rider and Emolga.
At the very least, I doubt we would get Isaac and Robin (as much as I'd like that). Two spellswords seems unlikely.
Awakening's been out long enough for a character to get in. It came out in April 2012 (in Japan) so it's been out almost the entire time that SSB4 has been in development (March 2012 was when KI:U was released).

With today's pic of the day, those stupid Pokemon Cafe leaks might have more credibility. Since Sakurai said "Up until a few seconds ago, the fighters were brawling on top of that tower." Which I think means it's a moving stage, so they may battle in a cafe. I still think those leaks are ****, but it's worth mentioning.

iam8bit

Smash Ace

found a pic of this on on Reddit has this one been discussed?
I love how he's supposed to just be a translator, but he has all this very specific information about why Sakurai decided certain things, or Intelligent Systems suggesting Anna and that Nintendo and Atlus came to an agreement for a SMT character, etc. :laugh:

Still, it was an entertaining read.

Last month the games were Donkey Kong and Punch-out, and the revealed characters were Diddy Kong and Little Mac... This month they have Kid Icarus GB game and Yoshi.
But obviously it could've been just because of Tropical Freeze and Punch-out anniversary and have no relation to smash.
Th... That means... Yoshi and Palutena soon?! :eek:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

Went too far and ****** up, I have Tropical Freeze (amazing game), there is no Kremling/K. Rool cameo what so ever. Retro even laughed when people said that K.Rool was in a rock formation with a crown or some stupid crap. This leak is BS as usual. Nintendo couldn't care less about the Kremlings.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Since the year of Luigi ends on March 18 there will probably be an announcement that day or the day after depending on if they do this year of yoshi thing. So I'd expect a direct.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Since the year of Luigi ends on March 18 there will probably be an announcement that day or the day after depending on if they do this year of yoshi thing. So I'd expect a direct.
I hope so but i am not counting on if..also if Nintendo allowed a charcter from Atlus..my guess is they will pick Teddie

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Went too far and ****** up, I have Tropical Freeze (amazing game), there is no Kremling/K. Rool cameo what so ever. Retro even laughed when people said that K.Rool was in a rock formation with a crown or some stupid crap. This leak is BS as usual. Nintendo couldn't care less about the Kremlings.
Er....I think you're overeracting a bit. Either you haven't found the rock, or you're mistaken, because it's an obvious cameo.

I mean, I'd say interpretations may vary, if not for both the crown and the eye being present. Sure, they left it sort of ambigious if you really don't want to see it that way. Also, I'm going to need a source on that "Retro even laughed" bit. Seems like you're just a little bit angry there, anyway.

Either way, this isn't the thread's purpose. That leak above, while it certainly is...interesting, is so obviously flawed it hurts. Most of the problem, in fact, is "Zelda and Pokemon had their down-b replaced with a generic kick if you choose that option" What? Why? If you're going to add the option to not have mid-battle transformation, why choose something so awfully bland for them?

That and Chibi-Custom Robo. The ****? Next.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even if we couldn't find the pic of Shadow, I would still call BS. Nothing has convinced me that any 3rd party company is getting a 2nd rep.

Smasherguy37

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
While browsing the official website for SSB4 I stumbled across this page while typing in random numbers and letters instead of a character name. Upon clicking the face of the hedgehog (Shadow) I was Simply taken to a 404 not found.
I instantly took a screenshot of said page. It seems to be on Sonic's character page and everything above is normal.
The next day when I came home and tried to find said page again it was gone. I decided to create an account and post this after a lot of trying to get back onto the page.
Shadow the Hedgehog joins the Battle.png
Originally I posted this to the wrong place. Oops. If anything else is done wrong; My apologise are given.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Oh cool, a leak with Anna, but feels fake to me with the usual choices.

While browsing the official website for SSB4 I stumbled across this page while typing in random numbers and letters instead of a character name. Upon clicking the face of the hedgehog (Shadow) I was Simply taken to a 404 not found.
I instantly took a screenshot of said page. It seems to be on Sonic's character page and everything above is normal.
The next day when I came home and tried to find said page again it was gone. I decided to create an account and post this after a lot of trying to get back onto the page.
View attachment 10138 Originally I posted this to the wrong place. Oops. If anything else is done wrong; My apologise are given.
Whoa what?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Aside from what Banjodorf pointed out, the only guy who seems to have a beef with the Kremlings at Nintendo is Miyamoto. I'm sure Sakurai couldn't care less about Miyamoto's opinion when both sides of the world want K. Rool above all other potential newcomers.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Something seems off to me about the translation guy. He says he works long nights translating things, but he also says how it's like to work directly with Sakurai (as in the same office, room, whatever...). Isn't the translating and localization handled by Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Wow
http://smashboards.com/threads/shadow-in-ssb-for-nintendo-wii-u-3ds.349997/
Before this even gets posted here I want to mention that the Shadow there is an existing image, not like anyone believed it for a second.
http://i.imgur.com/UUrQgYr.jpg
View attachment 10138 Originally I posted this to the wrong place. Oops. If anything else is done wrong; My apologise are given.
Whoa what?
:nifty:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Er....I think you're overeracting a bit. Either you haven't found the rock, or you're mistaken, because it's an obvious cameo.

I mean, I'd say interpretations may vary, if not for both the crown and the eye being present. Sure, they left it sort of ambigious if you really don't want to see it that way. Also, I'm going to need a source on that "Retro even laughed" bit. Seems like you're just a little bit angry there, anyway.

Either way, this isn't the thread's purpose. That leak above, while it certainly is...interesting, is so obviously flawed it hurts. Most of the problem, in fact, is "Zelda and Pokemon had their down-b replaced with a generic kick if you choose that option" What? Why? If you're going to add the option to not have mid-battle transformation, why choose something so awfully bland for them?

That and Chibi-Custom Robo. The ****? Next.
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223909-...-kong-country-tropical-freeze-retro-denies-it

Retro employee response - "lmao! I think you're reaching there! :p"

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That one Retro employee can easily simply have not known about that. Not everyone working on a game knows every Little detail about it. Not even Miyamoto.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
idk, Shadow's face is really zoomed in, even more than Sonic.
Can I also ask which page you were on when this happened?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Gonna need a source for that.
Note the word "seems." It was mostly meant in regards to Miyamoto pointing out which characters Retro should bring back for the Returns games, which could be interpreted in two ways:

-Characters Miyamoto require for to be back, while Retro can decide the rest.
-The only characters Miyamoto wants Retro to bring back.

It would probably have been better to say "The only guy who could potentially have a beef with the Kremlings is Miyamoto." as to not make it sound that concrete, which is my bad. It's not too far-fetched however when we take into consideration that he didn't like the original DKC.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I want to believe but am very skeptical, while I do believe sega may get a second rep with their new partnership and the chance that they may actually belong to Nintendo now, I would be willing to bet he would be an E3 reveal although a random reveal of him would cause so much hype though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Is this a joke? He was an environmental artist for the game.
I did not know that, so no, that wasn't a joke. But thanks for sounding unecessarily mean saying that~
But whatever, I still Think it was intentional, so, yeah.
Also what @ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees said.

Now, to be on topic again.

The Stork rumor, yeah, did mention Lumiose City. And now... I kinda wanna play as the Stork. OOH, please, if there is a Nintendo Direct this week, reveal the Stork as a newcomer!

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
That one Retro employee can easily simply have not known about that. Not everyone working on a game knows every Little detail about it. Not even Miyamoto.
Yeah and maybe if all retro studios employee say no to this cameo they simply have not known about that and nintendo put the cameo there. Maybe if nintendo deny they simply don´t knew about that and god put the cameo on the game...distances that peoplo go to justify their ilusion.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I did not know that, so no, that wasn't a joke. But thanks for sounding unecessarily mean saying that~
But whatever, I still Think it was intentional, so, yeah.
Also what @ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees said.

Now, to be on topic again.

The Stork rumor, yeah, did mention Lumiose City. And now... I kinda wanna play as the Stork. OOH, please, if there is a Nintendo Direct this week, reveal the Stork as a newcomer!
They're pretty direct with their cameos. They referenced a giant bat enemy that chased you in Returns. He was clearly seen frozen in a block of ice in the last world. They referenced Samus with her ship in the background of a world 2 or 3 level. They referenced Game in Watch in returns with a 7th world level. That rock is extremely abstract compared to their usual references in backgrounds. The delusions really does generate humor to the point of laughing out loud.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, would have discussed more, but since you have decided that you are right, you won't listen to reason, so, yeah, have fun with that. Now please, back on topic.

---

So, Stork and Monita. I want both, so I kinda hope that rumor is true. Plus, it has Ridley. Is Lumiose City a common suggestion for a stage?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
We don't seriously think Shadow is going to be playable... do we? I don't think he will be. wow that leak is obviously fake too. Nice try. But that wasn't convincing at all. So I guess not nice try? Next time draw an original 3d model of shadow and use a dark red background for shadow. I know... I know... Its going to take way longer than the 15 minutes you spent making this leak, but in the end it will be worth it!

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
One of the new leaks has Anna in it. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME, LEAKER. MY HOPES ARE RAISED.

No, seriously. ;-;

I <3 Anna.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We don't seriously think Shadow is going to be playable... do we? I don't think he will be. wow that leak is obviously fake too. Nice try. But that wasn't convincing at all. So I guess not nice try? Next time draw an original 3d model of shadow and use a dark red background for shadow. I know... I know... Its going to take way longer than the 15 minutes you spent making this leak, but in the end it will be worth it!
I think the reason the background on that "leak" was blue is because it was meant to convince people that the dude was on a page other than Shadow's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom