• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey. This leak appears to have Lumoise City... But then again, take in the leak itself.

http://neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=97410032
Mona and the stork... what the..... although i want this to be true so i can have through the sea of time.I am betting crankey kong is playable because i could see sakurai definitely add him to mess with fans.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mona? I don't see Sakurai having ''LULZ I WANT TO PLAY DRESS UP!" as a reason to add a newcomer.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Is there a frozen island DKC returns wouldn't that be tropical freeze?

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
KI:U anniversary and Yoshi's new Island? Nahh couldn't be. But I want it to be.
Many people predict Palutena and Yoshi this month. It's the best and only time to confirm them if they're not secret unlockables. I'll be surprised if a leak doesn't claim Yoshi or Palutena revealed this month.

By the way, the leaks that claimed a Pokemon Cafe stage are pretty much debunked. I doubt they'll make two stages out of the same city.

found a pic of this on on Reddit has this one been discussed?
How would the translator know about which character was considered? And he knows exactly how Nintendo and Atlus negotiated and how Jack Frost is meant to appeal to Eastern fans. Yet he doesn't know anything about what trophies to expect.

Also, "They want SSB4 to have a worldwide simultaneous release, but since they're still working on trophies, which have long descriptions, the translation has apparently been a nightmare."
He's saying that the translation of trophies can cause a delay in the release. I can't take this leak seriously.

Shroob

Sup?
Unless there's a direct planned for this month, I assume they're bi-monthly, I don't see us getting Palutena THIS month. Next month sure, but not this month.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
The max amount of data a normal 3DS cartridge holds is about 8GB. Brawl was almost 8GB large, and we're speculating to have about 25% more characters than brawl, as predicted by the "leaks". Even if you shave off the plethora of cutscenes, we still are going to be close to the brim. (Not to mention we are expecting more stages as well).

~Ion
Cutscenes take up the most data by far. With them gone, you're saving stupid amounts of space. The next biggest space-eater is music, about 3MB per track. The amount of data that a character takes up is less than you think. Texture and animation data is measured in kilobytes. The 3DS textures are lower resolution than Brawl's, as well, so each character will likely take up less space on the disk. 3DS cartridge capacity is not an issue.

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno. Does the Yoshi franchise need a second rep, let alone the stork? I can't see the ESRB smiling down on the concept of beating up babies, and... Has the Stork ever really done anything of importance to warrant such a spot in Yoshi's Island?

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
Unless there's a direct planned for this month, I assume they're bi-monthly, I don't see us getting Palutena THIS month. Next month sure, but not this month.
Same here. I am expecting one or two veteran reveals this month—specifically, Yoshi. And a Nintendo Direct in April that will reveal a newcomer, like Takamaru or Palutena.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, the Stork would be the one taking damage.
Still, isn't the stork only seen in like, the opening and outro movie? Unless it plays a huge roll in the new game, I dare say it would become the most unimportant character in a franchise to ever earn a roster spot.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
didn't Nintendo almost have a direct every month last year so it is possible for one this month.

Shroob

Sup?
didn't Nintendo almost have a direct every month last year so it is possible for one this month.
It's possible, sure, but so far, there has been a pattern like everything else.

August, Luigi
October, Sonic
December, Rosalina
February, Little Mac

It started with Year of Luigi to reveal Luigi, then in October, Sonic got top priority for the release of Lost World. Then, in December, our first Post-E3 newcomer, Rosalina, and two months later, Little Mac.

Each Direct with a reveal has been exactly 2 moths apart.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Despite all the talk of Captain Rainbow showing up in more leaks, I think it's not too farfetched that he would be in. As we get closer to launch, leaks and predictions are going to start getting closer to the truth.

Anyway, if Captain Rainbow was an assist trophy, wouldn't Sakurai just show him instead of coyly alluding to him?

It seems there's a fair bit of hint-dropping from the Miiverse updates. I wouldn't be surprised if Captain Rainbow was playable.

Still, I'm pretty sure almost every leak is fake, anyway.

Well, except Palutena. Maybe the Mario Kart forum guy, just because he was so low-key.

D

Deleted member

Its funny how they always say that they know someone who works in this area, and act like no one could be fired for it.

HEY GUYS I'M THE MAIN DEVELOPER (behind Sakurai of course) AND I'M HERE TO BRING YOU NEWS!
EVERYONE IS IN!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still, isn't the stork only seen in like, the opening and outro movie? Unless it plays a huge roll in the new game, I dare say it would become the most unimportant character in a franchise to ever earn a roster spot.
Yes because beating up babies change partners in times rating. Honestly i don't think that would change the rating though.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
It's possible, sure, but so far, there has been a pattern like everything else.

August, Luigi
October, Sonic
December, Rosalina
February, Little Mac

It started with Year of Luigi to reveal Luigi, then in October, Sonic got top priority for the release of Lost World. Then, in December, our first Post-E3 newcomer, Rosalina, and two months later, Little Mac.

Each Direct with a reveal has been exactly 2 moths apart.
Oh i see what u mean.

Shroob

Sup?
Yes because beating up babies change partners in times rating. Honestly i don't think that would change the rating though.
I would say there's a difference between the violence found in PiT and Mario Kart than say, Smash. Can you image how.... odd.... it would look for Wario to be biting them? Hell, that'd be downright disturbing.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Its funny how they always say that they know someone who works in this area, and act like no one could be fired for it.

HEY GUYS I'M THE MAIN DEVELOPER (behind Sakurai of course) AND I'M HERE TO BRING YOU NEWS!
EVERYONE IS IN!
Yeah, everyone at Nintendo signs a non-disclosure agreement. I know a guy who works for Nintendo, though, and he slips all kinds of stuff. If somebody was going to leak info, they wouldn't tell the truth about their exact job, would they? May as well just say "I'm Sakurai's best friend".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would say there's a difference between the violence found in PiT and Mario Kart than say, Smash. Can you image how.... odd.... it would look for Wario to be biting them? Hell, that'd be downright disturbing.
Wario biting them is kind of fun though, anyway i think it may be close but i could see them being able to just get an T rating. Anyway bowser Jr. is more likely as the second mario rep rather then we get three mario based characters under a new franchise. Plus we beat up women and animals in smash yet to my knowledge no one complains, oh and we beat up childern in it to.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let me see if i can find them , they were posted a few pages back, although they may be written by the same person as if i remember correctly they were about a demo.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Still not buying the cafe leaks, they would have said that it was luminous city not just cafe the stage.
IIRC the leaker's general knowledge of particular game series details were iffy. It's possible he just saw that one part of Lumiose City and assumed the whole stage theme was just that Cafe, not having played Pokemon X/Y. It's plausible.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The first leak containing information a guy claiming a friend of his got but wasn't supposed to mentioned a cafe on 3DS, then the infamous Tin Star leak afterwards claimed it too. With Lumiose City confirmed, it definitely puts a dent in that leak, if not outright obliterates it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's get this thing back on topic.

A couple of hours ago a friend of mine gave me a call to tell me he was part of a small group that was invited to test the build that's gonna be playable at E3. This testing is supposed to be secret so I'm not even gonna hint at what his job is, as that might get him in trouble.
He told me all of this over the phone:

He playtested in a room with about 10 other people where 2 displays were running the game.
They only played 1-vs-1 matches and played for about 15 minutes each, but were allowed to watch the others play.
Apparently all characters from Brawl come back for this game. Mewtwo also comes back.
The newcomers this time were Wii Fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, Isaac, Robin, and Shulk. He was told there were some hidden characters that were not unlocked for this test.
Brawl Clones were further decloned, so now they feel totally different from their originals.
Finisher moves become more powerful when having a lot of damage percentage.
He played in a couple of Brawl Stages (Halberd was one of them) as well as some new ones. One Stage that has not yet been revealed is based on Nintendo Land where lots of Miis can be seen in the background.
Some characters have alternate costumes. He wouldn't specify.
He also told me there was a video playing on some displays in other room that might have been a Reveal Trailer for Robin who will probably be the next newcomer to be revealed.

Almost seems believable, yet I'm not trusting it. Ridley, Palutena and Robin certainly would make me happy, same for the alt. costumes and all Brawl veterans and Mewtwo. Halberd returning would be cool too, as it was one of my favorite stages in Brawl.

Where exactly did you find that rumor?

Oh well, as much as hype worthy that rumor is, it seems too good to be true...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IIRC the leaker's general knowledge of particular game series details were iffy. It's possible he just saw that one part of Lumiose City and assumed the whole stage theme was just that Cafe, not having played Pokemon X/Y. It's plausible.
Still luminous city was heavily advertised as well as it's cafe's so they should have known it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
About semi-clones regarding that rumor Kupa posted, I don't think we'll get semi-clone veteran movesets changed, since Toon Link has supposedly been unchanged even for his specials. I think that rumor is fake. Though Ganondorf is an exception.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't think the stage reveal kills cafe leaks entirely. We see the general area of it, and Sakurai does say you can fight on top of the tower, but we don't know exactly how the whole thing works. It could function as a travelling stage a la Delfino and it could end up in cafes at certain points.

But nonetheless, I'm sure the cafe leaks are good as dead.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I saw the PoTD and was immediately like 'wait a tick, doesn't this help some leaks?'

Could be wrong;I see there were a few above that weren't so stellar. Weren't there others or were they confirmed fake already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom