• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Found something,
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/209wc7/some_information_i_have_of_super_smash_bros_4/
While in Nintendo of Japan for a new interview I saw some footage of Smash 4. Here is what I saw it was only one match and it isn't much but hey at least it is something.

The match I saw had Mario, DK, K Rool, and Dixie duking it out.

NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS -King K Rool -Dixie Kong

*Conclusion: It seems that we will have two DK newcomers in this game. From what I saw both look to be a lot of fun. Dixie incorporates her pony tail in a lot of her moves, and has some sort of ice or water move on top of that. King K Rool looks even more fun! He uses explosions, kremlins tosses etc and keeps his great N64 look.

Stages -Treacherous Mansion? (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon)

*Conclusion: They were fighting on what looked to be Treacherous Mansion from Dark Moon. There are a lot of stage hazards from King Boo (more on that later), spinning staircases, crumbling earth, and item spitting Gargoyles.

ASSIST TROPHIES -Hammer Bro returns (Mario) -Owain (Fire Emblem) -Shulk (Xenoblade) -Makar (Zelda)

*Conclusion: There were some assist trophies used in the match. Hammer Bro is back and has no notable changes. Owain is a new assist trophy. Whether he replaced Lyn or not I have no idea, but he has a somewhat similar move but instead attacks multiple characters, although his strikes are a lot weaker than Lyn's. Shulk is an assist trophy that does a ground strike with his sword, that only affects people on the ground at that moment. Makar is also an assist trophy, he plays his tune but nothing really seems to happen in battle when he is summoned.

POKEBALL -Suicune returns

*I only saw one Pokeball used in the match and it was a Suicune that used an attack more similar to how he attacked in Melee.

ITEMS -Blooper

*Conclusion: The only new item that I could see was the blooper. When thrown at someone it makes them sticky, lowers their speed and also causes them to fall over a lot.

STAGE HAZARDS -King Boo

*Conclusion: It seems King Boo is a stage hazard in the new Luigi's Mansion stage. He doesn't seem to do much though and just pops up once in a while to make creepy faces. He has his Dark Moon look.

This is all the info I managed to get. Thank you to those who took the time to read it all.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Found something,
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/209wc7/some_information_i_have_of_super_smash_bros_4/
While in Nintendo of Japan for a new interview I saw some footage of Smash 4. Here is what I saw it was only one match and it isn't much but hey at least it is something.

The match I saw had Mario, DK, K Rool, and Dixie duking it out.

NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS -King K Rool -Dixie Kong

*Conclusion: It seems that we will have two DK newcomers in this game. From what I saw both look to be a lot of fun. Dixie incorporates her pony tail in a lot of her moves, and has some sort of ice or water move on top of that. King K Rool looks even more fun! He uses explosions, kremlins tosses etc and keeps his great N64 look.

Stages -Treacherous Mansion? (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon)

*Conclusion: They were fighting on what looked to be Treacherous Mansion from Dark Moon. There are a lot of stage hazards from King Boo (more on that later), spinning staircases, crumbling earth, and item spitting Gargoyles.

ASSIST TROPHIES -Hammer Bro returns (Mario) -Owain (Fire Emblem) -Shulk (Xenoblade) -Makar (Zelda)

*Conclusion: There were some assist trophies used in the match. Hammer Bro is back and has no notable changes. Owain is a new assist trophy. Whether he replaced Lyn or not I have no idea, but he has a somewhat similar move but instead attacks multiple characters, although his strikes are a lot weaker than Lyn's. Shulk is an assist trophy that does a ground strike with his sword, that only affects people on the ground at that moment. Makar is also an assist trophy, he plays his tune but nothing really seems to happen in battle when he is summoned.

POKEBALL -Suicune returns

*I only saw one Pokeball used in the match and it was a Suicune that used an attack more similar to how he attacked in Melee.

ITEMS -Blooper

*Conclusion: The only new item that I could see was the blooper. When thrown at someone it makes them sticky, lowers their speed and also causes them to fall over a lot.

STAGE HAZARDS -King Boo

*Conclusion: It seems King Boo is a stage hazard in the new Luigi's Mansion stage. He doesn't seem to do much though and just pops up once in a while to make creepy faces. He has his Dark Moon look.

This is all the info I managed to get. Thank you to those who took the time to read it all.
Shulk an AT? I don't see that happening at all.
Interesting leak at the very least.

Last edited:

LHJarod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarod
3DS FC
0559-7330-0601
So where exactly do "leaks" usually turn up? Excluding GameFAQs. I might help keep watch for more or something.

Apparently Reddit from above post.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dixie uses ice attacks? What, did the Snowmads "teach" her their moves when she learned she would be playable?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well it's hard to say really, but so far the ones that had actual leaking information was in the Nintendo Forums and SSBFC, where Mjardo posted his info.

Dixie uses ice attacks? What, did the Snowmads "teach" her their moves when she learned she would be playable?
What? That's very unfitting for Dixie.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wait hold up.
Ice attacks what?!
"Dixie incorporates her pony tail in a lot of her moves, and has some sort of ice or water move on top of that."

Playing devil's advocate, that's not exactly the sort of detail you'd add into a hypothetical Dixie moveset if you wanted people to not ridicule you, but to be fair, if you didn't want people to ridicule you, you wouldn't post a (99%) false leak to begin with.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Dixie incorporates her pony tail in a lot of her moves, and has some sort of ice or water move on top of that."

Playing devil's advocate, that's not exactly the sort of detail you'd add into a hypothetical Dixie moveset if you wanted people to not ridicule you, but to be fair, if you didn't want people to ridicule you, you wouldn't post a (99%) false leak to begin with.
Water ice attacks...

Honestly that sounds like something out of a fanfic! Let alone an official Nintendo game!
Or is there some part of Tropical Freeze I missed?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Water ice attacks...

Honestly that sounds like something out of a fanfic! Let alone an official Nintendo game!
Or is there some part of Tropical Freeze I missed?
Still more believable than "She spits out the bubblegum from her idle animation." :troll:

Sakurai inventing new moves for characters from the DK franchise for the first time ever makes a leak fake...oooookay then.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still more believable than "She spits out the bubblegum from her idle animation." :troll:

Sakurai inventing new moves for characters from the DK franchise for the first time ever makes a leak fake...oooookay then.
That's not what I'm getting at.
Heck, he's done it before. Last time I've checked, ROB doesn't shoot lasers.

But this! This just crosses the line.
It's the equivalent of giving Pikachu pyrokenesis.
There's a line of disbelief we have with movesets, and this leak walked right past it.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dixie ain't an ice princess BKupa.
That's not what she does at all.
Remind me what main series DK game she was recently playable in for the first time in 18 years?

Tropical Freeze.

One ice Special =/= she's now an ice princess

It may be fake, but it's not because of Sakurai taking creative liberties with a character who, to be blunt, kind of needs them.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Remind me what main series DK game she was recently playable in for the first time in 18 years?

Tropical Freeze.

It may be fake, but it's not because of Sakurai taking creative liberties with a character who, to be blunt, kind of needs them.
And yet Mario, Olimar, and Sonic.
All having the same exact potential as Dixie, still gets a moveset which still retains their canon.

But fine, I guess I'll believe you.
But hey, while we're at it. Let's give DK ice powers, he was in that game too.
Or how about Diddy? He needs a bit more potential.
And while wer're at it, why not Cranky.?
You get ice powers! You get ice powers! Everyone gets ice powers!

...See where I'm getting at?

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I said Friday.
Tomorrow is Thursday.
Man March is flying by though.

And to be on topic I think the Palutena leak is real and all the others are bogus.
true i forgot the timezone differences since its already Thursday here.

Tropical Freeze.

Dixie using ice cant see that i'm going fake sakurai can make moves up yes but they make since usually and that doesn't in my opinion.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
All having the same exact potential as Dixie, still gets a moveset which still retains their canon.

I don't, actually. Are you claiming that no character can possibly use original moves in Smash Bros., the series where characters have been built from the ground up with original moves? You're honestly starting to sound like one of the anti-Ridley people who claim that something that's happened with plenty of characters before can never happen to another.

The "leak" is not claiming that she is Elsa, the "leak" said she has access to a water/ice attack. A simple Snowball Throw would fall under that criteria. So would throwing one of those exploding Water Fruits from Tropical Freeze's Bright Savannah. Most Dixie movesets give her some projectile, so perhaps Sakurai opted for one a little more out of the ordinary than a generic Gumball Popgun?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Bubble-Gum gun is not that generic really? It's pretty a whacky move IMO, and I haven't really saw anyone use that kind of weapon before.

Besides, if there is not much to take from their games to give a character moves, original moves are Plan B.
Dixie has enough options.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't, actually. Are you claiming that no character can possibly use original moves in Smash Bros., the series where characters have been built from the ground up with original moves? You're honestly starting to sound like one of the anti-Ridley people who claim that something that's happened with plenty of characters before can never happen to another.
...I think we're getting mixed messages here.

What I said was characters like Mario, Olimar, and Sonic had movesets that would make sense to their character.
Same can go with Dixie. She already has enough potential. There's no point to go to "ice/water" attacks yet.

The "leak" is not claiming that she is Elsa, the "leak" said she has access to a water/ice attack. A simple Snowball Throw would fall under that criteria. So would throwing one of those exploding Water Fruits from Tropical Freeze's Bright Savannah. Most Dixie movesets give her some projectile, so perhaps Sakurai opted for one a little more out of the ordinary than a generic Gumball Popgun?
As BluePikmin said, Gumball Popgun isn't that generic.
It can be used as a unique projectile. Plus, it fits better with her character.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I think if Shulk was added as an AT... he'd do something other then just a sword attack. He's got a lot of abilities that could be used to make a unique AT ability.

Also... not sure how often Nintendo would have an unreleased version of a game out for you to see for an interview? Um.......

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The sad thing is I could see that happening as it'd basically be what happened with Issac, Shulk would be a great choice but if Sakurai decides to save him for later that can happen.
This is of course claiming it's the exact same situation going on.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
All this talk of moves fitting the character, and how Dixie shouldn't have an ice/water attack... You can't say moves always fit the character. If you still want to claim that, explain Captain Falcon to me.

One attack being just a bit out of the ordinary isn't going to break a leak, at least not for me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
...I think we're getting mixed messages here.

What I said was characters like Mario, Olimar, and Sonic had movesets that would make sense to their character.
Same can go with Dixie. She already has enough potential. There's no point to go to "ice/water" attacks yet.

As BluePikmin said, Gumball Popgun isn't that generic.
It can be used as a unique projectile. Plus, it fits better with her character.
So long as a moveset makes sense to Sakurai, it's fair game. Quite a few existing movesets in Smash don't make sense to me in the slightest (Luigi using dark technicolor magic? Firing himself horizontally? Captain Ganondorf being Captain Ganondorf? ROB having eye lasers? Really?), but they're still there. Dixie using moves inspired by elements of the game in which she was recently revived is small potatoes compared to certain other past veterans who had "enough potential," too.

Not so much directed at you, but...We're really talking about how the Gumball Popgun isn't generic when it's literally a reskinned version of an existing Smash Bros. attack, even in Tropical Freeze...heavens, it's no wonder people have such pathetically low standards for newcomers being unique.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All this talk of moves fitting the character, and how Dixie shouldn't have an ice/water attack... You can't say moves always fit the character. If you still want to claim that, explain Captain Falcon to me.
Captain Falcon is essentially a reference to sentai works like Kamen Rider.

His iconic Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick are basically expies of the Rider Punch and Rider Kick for example.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This is of course claiming it's the exact same situation going on.
"Exact" was a poor choice of words I'll admit, what I mean is the characters have a somewhat similar situation of being popular character choices from newer franchises. Granted, Xenoblade is much more popular then Golden Sun and I would think that would be enough of a tipping point, but there's always that chance the character gets overlooked.

Mind you, I don't personally believe this rumor, but situations where a popular choice gets overlooked is not something that is unlikely.

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
My biggest problem with that leak is the guy said he went in for an interview, and I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt that they'd just have a screen in the waiting lobby playing Smash Bros. 4 where you could watch it. I don't think the interview room would have something playing like that to distract the applicant during the interview, and I don't think you'd have enough time to get all those details if you somehow walked through a room on your way to the interview unless you were allowed to stop and watch it.

(Which wouldn't make sense, especially if you didn't get hired by Nintendo......)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

One attack being just a bit out of the ordinary isn't going to break a leak, at least not for me.
Original moves, because there's not much to take from a racing game at the time of Smash 64.

So long as a moveset makes sense to Sakurai, it's fair game. Quite a few existing movesets in Smash don't make sense to me in the slightest (Luigi using dark technicolor magic? Firing himself horizontally? Captain Ganondorf being Captain Ganondorf? ROB having eye lasers? Really?), but they're still there. Dixie using moves inspired by elements of the game in which she was recently revived is small potatoes compared to certain other past veterans who had "enough potential," too.

Not so much directed at you, but...We're really talking about how the Gumball Popgun isn't generic when it's literally a reskinned version of an existing Smash Bros. attack...heavens, it's no wonder people have such pathetically low standards for newcomers being unique.
It can also stick opponents with the gum, it works much differently. It wouldn't be exactly a "reskinned" Peanut Pop-Gun.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I think you can make the Gumball Popgun unique if given distinctive properties, like say encasing the opponent in chewing gum that limits their mobility or trapping the opponent in gum similar to a buried status. I wouldn't exactly dismiss it as a mere reskin of Diddy's Peanut Popgun.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While this may sound stupid, yes.
If it does make sense to Sakurai, then it'll be implemented.

Look, even I don't know why the man does what he does.
But that's where you go to Sakurai, not me.
I don't know what's in the guy's head. I know just as much as you.

Not so much directed at you, but...We're really talking about how the Gumball Popgun isn't generic when it's literally a reskinned version of an existing Smash Bros. attack, even in Tropical Freeze...heavens, it's no wonder people have such pathetically low standards for newcomers being unique.
So, we can't make it unique?
It's impossible! I'll only be a reskin!
That's just quitter talk.

It can be unique. Heck, look at some of the above posts.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It can also stick opponents with the gum, it works much differently.
In the world of Dixie supporters trying to make her generic moves remotely interesting, perhaps. They do nothing of the sort in Tropical Freeze, nor does it make sense for rock-hard gumballs to stick to much of anything. It's absolutely possible that Sakurai will have chosen more obscure, original specials, rather than putting a paint of coat on a more well-known generic one and calling it a day.

Last edited:

gamiac2002

Smash Rookie

Tropical Freeze is the most relevant game Dixie's been in since the 90s. It would make sense to add her as a newcomer while simultaneously promoting TF by giving her some sort of ice attack as weird as it seem. Then again, I haven't played TF yet so as far as I know she can transform into a giant butterfly and spit rainbows at enemies in that game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tropical Freeze is the most relevant game Dixie's been in since the 90s. It would make sense to add her as a newcomer while simultaneously promoting TF by giving her some sort of ice attack as weird as it seem. Then again, I haven't played TF yet so as far as I know she can transform into a giant butterfly and spit rainbows at enemies in that game.
Because of what?
It's in the name? I don't find that a good reason to add an ice attack.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I wouldn't have a problem with Dixie having an ice attack. It's a little out-there, but not totally stupid.

Either way, Dixie probably isn't playable. If she is, she probably doesn't have an ice attack.

This leak is fake because:
1. Nintendo of Japan does all it's development behind closed doors; you're not going to sneak a peek at Smash Bros. during an interview.
2. Smash 4 isn't being developed at Nintendo of Japan HQ, it's at Sora HQ. Which is in AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CITY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom