• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't know, let's throw one of these really hard at some passerby and see if it sticks.

If anything, the gumball would bounce like Mario's fireball if it's not a straight-up Peanut Popgun reskin, not turn into some sticky fantasy of the hopelessly idealistic.

So yeah, the people talking about how it's unlikely some (English) interview candidate would just walk into NoJ and see SSB4 are on point.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know, let's throw one of these really hard at some passerby and see if it sticks.

If anything, the gumball would bounce like Mario's fireball if it's not a straight-up Peanut Popgun reskin, not turn into some sticky fantasy of the hopelessly idealistic.
...I think you're taking this a bit too literally.

That still doesn't kill the possibility.
All right, fine.
Since I don't have any knowledge. How about you?
Can you confirm?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

So yeah, the people talking about how it's unlikely some (English) interview candidate would just walk into NoJ and see SSB4 are on point.
This is coming from the same franchise where people can conjure fire and electricity out of thin air, turn into metal, levitate, and eat other people entirely, but somehow gumballs encasing the opponent in gum is somehow impossible?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A Gumball Gun that doesn't fire gumballs? What, should I now expect the Peanut Popgun to fire cashews because actually expecting it to fire its namesake is too literal?

I think it's a case of Occam's Razor, @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero . Could the gumballs have some fanwanked status effect in Smash? Sure. Are they more likely to just serve as the pellet projectiles they are in their source material? I don't think it's questionable.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
A Gumball Gun that doesn't fire gumballs? What, should I now expect the Peanut Popgun to fire cashews because actually expecting it to fire its namesake is too literal?
Xenoblade said it best.
This is coming from the same franchise where people can conjure fire and electricity out of thin air, turn into metal, levitate, and eat other people entirely, but somehow gumballs encasing the opponent in gum is somehow impossible?

gamiac2002

Smash Rookie

All right, fine.
Since I don't have any knowledge. How about you?
Can you confirm?
That's the point I'm making. I can't confirm or deny. I never played the game. I'm just saying it's a logical possibility because this is Super Smash Bros. where ANY character can have ANY moveset that Sakurai deems fit. I could go on to say she can still have the ice move despite NOT having the ability in the game itself given there are characters in Smash that have moves they've never had in their respective games ( i.e. Falcon Punch, DK's headbutt, etc.) but that's a whole other can of worms.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's the point I'm making. I can't confirm or deny. I never played the game. I'm just saying it's a logical possibility because this is Super Smash Bros. where ANY character can have ANY moveset that Sakurai deems fit. I could go on to say she can still have the ice move despite NOT having the ability in the game itself given there are characters in Smash that have moves they've never had in their respective games ( i.e. Falcon Punch, DK's headbutt, etc.) but that's a whole other can of worms.
So, wait, let me make sure I have this straight.
I, nor you, cannot say anything, even with the vast Internet, because we haven't played it.
Yeah no, that's not how it works.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Wow, guys. It's like the topic has been pulled out from underneath you, and you're tap dancing on the bare floorboards of this thread.

The leak is obviously fake. Dixie is still allowed an ice move, hypothetically. Are we done yet?

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
Why yes, yes it is.:troll:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Bleak confirmed :awesome:.

I wish that leak was true, but it's not. I mean, he noticed three AT's and a pokeball pokemon while conducting an interview? That also seems unlikely.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Besides Dixie somehow possessing ice powers, I found it odd how Shulk's AT move had absolutely nothing to do with his character. Definitely fake

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I found it odd how Shulk's AT move had absolutely nothing to do with his character. Definitely fake
Monado Buster. Can be described as a slashing move and is a signature attack.
That being said.....I hope it's not true as I'd like a character from each of the Operation Rainfall games.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Monado Buster. Can be described as a slashing move and is a signature attack.
That being said.....I hope it's not true as I'd like a character from each of the Operation Rainfall games.
My main problem with this is that in this case, they could of used something else more compelling. Like say Monado Shield, Monado Cyclone, or Monado Purge.
I mean using Monado Buster sounds way too straight forward.

Leonyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Leonyx3
3DS FC
2638-1926-1616
Another lurker here. I have played through Tropical Freeze (at about 130% or so now) and can confirm there aren't any ice attacks done by any of the playable characters, Dixie included. That being said, it is possible that she throws a snowball or a water fruit as she does in DKC3 and DKC:TF respectively assuming this "leak" is legit.

(On an unrelated note, I've been following this thread since the Palutena leak. I might pop back in again.)

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Now when you say she has ice attacks does that mean her whole moveset is ice themed or maybe she has like one attack that kinda resembles frost? Or are we speculating completely?

A gumball popgun sounds like fun though

Now when you say she has ice attacks does that mean her whole moveset is ice themed or maybe she has like one attack that kinda resembles frost? Or are we speculating completely?

A gumball popgun sounds like fun though
The language suggested it was one attack.

It's not completely without merit, in my forgettable opinion. Ice attacks and freezing are in Smash, but very few moves actually utilize it. Ice Climbers and Lucas are the only ones I can think of. Oh, and a random effect of G&W's hammer. And I suppose Kirby if he copied a move. I wouldn't rule out that Sakurai would try to increase the distribution of ice attacks to make it more worthwhile to implement the effects.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
They are in no rush?

I'd say Sakurai's statement about getting these games out disproves this instantly.

Yet another:

• "All characters from Brawl return. (Yes, even Ike and Wolf.)"
  • "Mewtwo is the only Melee returnee."
  • "There is only one Landmaster final smash."
Things like that make it sound more like a Smash Bros. fanatic and less like someone who would have genuine exclusive knowledge about SSB4.

I'm inclined to believe that when we finally do get a genuine leak, it will be by a lowly programmer who isn't intimately familiar with past Smash Bros. and couldn't tell you who's a newcomer or who's final smash has changed, etc.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Yet another:

Neato. November release sounds plausible, but the no hurry line is suspicious. This is supposed to be a killer app for the system, waiting longer could be damaging and we've been told that they intend to meet their deadline.

I don't think all Brawl characters will return, but hey, cool if they do.

Mewtwo coming back seems to be a given.

Mii & Chrom are both what I would call shoo-ins. Palutena's leak seems realistic, so I'll believe her as well. Excite Biker would make me sad (no Mach Rider?!) and Dillon would be... interesting?

The rest of the information isn't all that interesting. Fairly generic but believable leak. I don't think it's real, but there is no way to tell unless something from this set is confirmed as contradictory; Excite Biker or Dillon AT or the leaf item being shown false being the most likely. It's designed in a way that makes it impossible to disprove soon, which is annoying.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yet another:

That beep block skyway level wasn't thought through by this fake leaker
If blocks appear and disappear to the beat, either:
-There is only one song for the stage
-The development team wasted their time programming block timing for multiple songs
Yea, I don't think so.

-The development team wasted their time programming block timing for multiple songs
Yea, I don't think so.
It could be the Hanenbow of this generation, though, if it were true.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yea, I don't think so.
I don't think the leak is real, at all, but I do like the idea of the beep block level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qWPTQO-Ig3w#t=63

Look at the intro for the beat blocks in Galaxy 2, they make the noise before the song even plays. It wouldn't be hard to speed up or slow down the beeps depending on whichever song is playing.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
That picture leak is much more interesting actually. Although it is absolutely horrendously blurry, the background seems to be correct, and I expect both of these two to return. If this is true and Ganondorf does have a Wind Waker type styling, that would be pretty awesome.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yet another:

Don't care about any of those newcomers, maybe the Excite Biker. . . Mewtwo is cool beans. . . "Pick up leaf, throw it at opponent, and as soon as it leaves your hands, it turns into a random object, or piece of furniture." I think I'd be VERY pleased throwing a piano at my opponent. Anyway, I'm not buying it, but I like that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom