• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
He's third party. Fortunately, most people who wanted him before are not in denial anymore and know that the chances of an obscure one-off third-party character are literally zero
Don't get me wrong, I really liked Geno and think he'd be awesome in Smash, but I just don't see it ever happening, especially since it took god knows how long just to get Super Mario RPG on the Wii Virtual Console.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Hey guys, trust me. I worked behind the scenes of Super Smash 4. Trust me, it's 100 percent real. This is the good stuff.

Snake is scrapped for Conker. Trust me, they got back Rare. They're not telling you.

No new Fire Emblem characters that use swords. [Please, I'd actually support this.] We figure the series is a big and deep enough game with multiple classes that it gets kind of damn old putting it pretty blue haired boys with swords [that also includes red haired ones as well.].

There is no Bowser JR, instead with put in Koopa Kid to represent Mario Party.

Dixie Kong isn't making it in. Neither is King K Rool. Funky Kong surfs his way into the battle. Who's King K Rool anyway? Must've forgot..

Ridley is back as a boss, duh. Instead, we threw in Anthony Higgs.

Oh, and there is no Pac Man. BUT, WE did get Wreck It Ralph.

You're all very welcome.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
That Frog Prince leak actually sounds like a really old leak that claimed Yoshi's partner from Yarn Yoshi would be playable. Anyone remember that one?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That Frog Prince leak actually sounds like a really old leak that claimed Yoshi's partner from Yarn Yoshi would be playable. Anyone remember that one?
The very first SSB4 leak (?), actually. Debu the Fat Red Dinosaur. Good times.

Revamping the Sabure Prince as 'Frog Prince' is actually a great way to emphasize the most interesting part of the character while cutting out the generic young sword-wielder bit. But yeah, everyone talking about how this guy is full of it thanks to his speculation on an F-Zero/Star Fox game and the Frog Prince being in Yoshi's Yarn is probably right.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The Frog Prince one? I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. It sounds like it was made up by a kid with high hopes and weird dreams.
I think that describes the entire Smash(boards) community. And in the best of ways. ;)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't know why people are particularly infatuated with the Betternet leak. Is it because it's "safe"? Your favorite character is there? The guy sounds sure of himself? Because, so far, people have been willing to excuse glaring flaws it has, then turn around and attack those very same flaws in every other "leak" that has surfaced. It's baffling.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't know why people are particularly infatuated with the Betternet leak. Is it because it's "safe"? Your favorite character is there? The guy sounds sure of himself? Because, so far, people have been willing to excuse glaring flaws it has, then turn around and attack those very same flaws in every other "leak" that has surfaced. It's baffling.
Probably because there's no real way to kill it outside of some very precise reveals happening, or until after E3. It's safe to the point that it's either going to deliver big, or go out with a blaze come E3 or one of those specific reveals.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I already see it as not real, let alone this Toon Zelda bit. I could say other things, but that's pretty much the big thing.
I personally find that leak to be garbage as well, and that's coming from someone who likes seeing leaks with "Palutena is playable" on it.

Speaking of which, it says Pac-man and Ganon will be shown on an ND during E3. Pacman I might be able to understand for (although I don't think he'd be worthy of a character), but "WHY Ganon at E3?"

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I already see it as not real, let alone this Toon Zelda bit. I could say other things, but that's pretty much the big thing.
I personally find that leak to be garbage as well, and that's coming from someone who likes seeing leaks with "Palutena is playable" on it.

Speaking of which, it says Pac-man and Ganon will be shown on an ND during E3. Pacman I might be able to understand for (although I don't think he'd be worthy of a character), but "WHY Ganon at E3?"
Completely revamped moveset without being a Falcon clone comes to mind. Tie it in as a teaser for Zelda U, presto.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
because it awful, don't really believe it but after brawl it's this bad rosters that are legit :(

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I find the Betternet leak suspect because it doesn't have playable Miis, and at this point I'm more inclined to believe Sal Romano's leak.

That said, I'd be perfectly satisfied with Palutena and Takamaru, albeit a bit disappointed at no Ridley, K. Rool or even Shulk. Still though, it's not going to be correct.

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I find the Betternet leak suspect because it doesn't have playable Miis, and at this point I'm more inclined to believe Sal Romano's leak.

That said, I'd be perfectly satisfied with Palutena and Takamaru, albeit a bit disappointed at no Ridley, K. Rool or even Shulk. Still though, it's not going to be correct.
Actually, if you look at the original post in the OP, Mii is included in the final roster.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Actually, if you look at the original post in the OP, Mii is included in the final roster.
Fair enough. Still doubting this just because those are some awkward cuts, and Krystal. Yeah...not buying it one bit, and I see nothing that makes it in any way legit. Have some big fighting game leakers come along and said there's merit to it? I doubt it.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So todays PoTD is based on a new 3DS stage, Animal Crossing's Tortimer's Island. Did any of the rumors/leaks mentioned anything about Tortimer's Island as a stage for the 3DS?

D

Deleted member

Remember when people thought that leaked Brawl roster had R.O.B in it & many thought it was fake because of him? Good times. (Shouldn't the WiiLuvU & GaeozHero leak be considered 'dead'?)

So todays PoTD is based on a new 3DS stage, Animal Crossing's Tortimer's Island. Did any of the rumors/leaks mentioned anything about Tortimer's Island as a stage for the 3DS?
From what I see in the OP, nope.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
No. I'm pretty sure that no leak ever has told us something before it was revealed as the pic of the day unless it was something obvious...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Ganondorf being potentially revealed as Beast Ganon?

Thread hop.

Anything new or interesting?
We have that horrid Frog Prince leak. ;-;

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Have any rumours been stating that a character will be revealed at a certain time? Like in April or something? Seem to be less of those since the semi-surprise Little Mac reveal

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Frog Prince one? I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. It sounds like it was made up by a kid with high hopes and weird dreams.
Frog Prince what?
I don't remember this one...

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
People must be leak starved.... so much more legitimacy given to random leaks now. People are jumping on to new leaks harder then they were even two weeks ago for some reason.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Mario 3DS side view in idle position...... even if little somebody use this please.
What context do you want us to use it in? The Palutena leak?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Because Palutena is our godess. She is everywhere. ESPECIALLY in this thread :awesome:

But I agree, we said everything (and even more) we could say about this leak. Wait & see now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aren't there rumors stating something about ridley in April?

Edit: The betternet Rooster leak is off to me. It seems fake although I can't say why other then to many cuts. Why can't we get some bizarre character to kill it off.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The way I'm currently looking at things, one of a couple of very big leaks/rumors/frequent discussions are liable to turn into Kenny McCormick before the month is over. This month alone, we have the anniversary of Kid Icarus Uprising and we have the anniversary of Super Metroid. And then of course in addition to Pokemon Battle Trozei, March is also the release anniversary month of alot of Pokemon games if I remember correctly (at least on the North American end of things). It has been mentioned that we should probably expect a Nintendo Direct this month since Nintendo's fiscal year end is at the end of the month, so it'd be a good time to try and look good for the investors.

With all that in mind, provided a Nintendo Direct DOES come, and there IS a Super Smash Bros character reveal in said Direct, then we could expect either the END of the Palutena discussion at her reveal for Uprising anniversary, the END of the Ridley discussion at his reveal for Super Metroid anniversary (still trying to figure out why Samus was the big character in Little Mac's trailer), or the arrival of a Pokemon character for Trozei/ North American anniversary of many Pokemon games. All three of these possible scenarios would be huge and many leaks and rumors (a good number of which seem to either revolve around Palutena, Ridley or a Pokemon character) would be debunked or supported or whatnot.

Read those leaks and rumors while you can, boys and girls. This month, things are likely to get interesting and some of the bigger ones might not be around next month because of it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Or he could reveal a different newcomer just like with Mac. :-o
There's the possibility that none of those situations you mentioned happen.
I don't see a Pokemon Trozei reveal happening unless it is just to throw off our predictions.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't see a Pokemon Trozei reveal happening unless it is just to throw off our predictions.
"To celebrate the release of Pokemon Battle Trozei, we've added Bunnelby as a playable character! We hope you look forward to playing him."

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I could see a Trozei reveal for Jiggs. That's it though. Trozei doesn't have a trainer if memory serves and Mewtwo is too important. And watch, next direct will have like Takamaru just to screw with us and our guessing.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I could see a Trozei reveal for Jiggs. That's it though. Trozei doesn't have a trainer if memory serves and Mewtwo is too important. And watch, next direct will have like Takamaru just to screw with us and our guessing.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Takamaru in an April Direct. Around that time, I feel it is between him, Palutena or a FE13 character as the most likeliest to be revealed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom