• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

Smash Cadet
I don't think it collaborates with the RosalinaX leak at all. If anything, the 4chan leak fits the RosalinaX leak more.
Well I don't know why people are believing it's the real deal, it'll be a whole lot more credible of the supposed 'cuts' don't show up any time before release, but for now it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Shroob

Sup?
Well I don't know why people are believing it's the real deal, it'll be a whole lot more credible of the supposed 'cuts' don't show up any time before release, but for now it should be taken with a grain of salt.
The thing is, however, I myself am quite nervous over the proposed 'cuts'. I don't really expect.....any... of them to be revealed prior to E3 myself.

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Shouldn't the "GaeozHero Leak (2/1/14)" be killed now? It said the puzzle fighter would be revealed in February...it's March.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Well, on my end, assuming the Direct threw things off with the order of reveals, tomorrow would be the last day a vet (specifically Game & Watch) can appear before Yoshi. Only then will I personally consider the Sound Guy leak finished. Just a note.

Edit: To the above poster, the new OP is having a problem redoing the first post apparently. It'll change soon enough though, but yes, yes it is quite dead.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The Betternet leak sounds believable... But I would be VERY disappointed if it were true.

Dott

Smash Ace
I am the only who wants that Sakurai cut characters from Brawl and don't have a ridiculously big roster?

When i read no cuts from Brawl that bother me, i wanna see new faces, not the sames from the old game.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I am the only who wants that Sakurai cut characters from Brawl and don't have a ridiculously big roster?

When i read no cuts from Brawl that bother and worry me, i wanna see new faces, not the sames from the old game.
I think the problem lies there in franchises that have nothing left to give. While things like Pokemon, Star Fox and Fire Emblem have a ton of character selection, a 'finished' series like Mother is more or less just Ness and Lucas, and cutting one cuts the representation in half.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think the problem lies there in franchises that have nothing left to give. While things like Pokemon, Star Fox and Fire Emblem have a ton of character selection, a 'finished' series like Mother is more or less just Ness and Lucas, and cutting one cuts the representation in half.
I'm against a lot of cuts because I can't think of a good reason to cut unique characters like Ike or PT.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
is it funny how the leaks with the overall best roster is debunked faster than sonic taking a turbo turd
but the ones that have horrible rosters are still being figured out
(besides the leakE3)

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
"PT won't command his Pokemon anymore"

What does that even mean? Will he actually fight and use his Pokemon for his specials?
He most likely means he/she uses new pokemon to better sync up with more recent games (XY/Black and White or even Gold and Silver remakes)

But watching Pokemon Trainer physically fighting and throwing Poke Balls at Donkey Kong trying to catch him sounds like a good time though :]

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, from the way that's phrased, it implies that "He won't command his Pokemon anymore"... which means he'd be fighting on his own.

Seems weird as hell when a ledge is enough to ruin the Pokemon Trainer's day.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I hope not. I like the way he is.
I now kinda want him to fight...

Like would you imagine this kid to put up a fight?

**** no but it would be freaking funny though; like throwing Pokeballs at characters or ride on a Charizard and kick everyone ass.

And I must swear in every post I made.

Last edited:

Dott

Smash Ace
He most likely means he/she uses new pokemon to better sync up with more recent games (XY/Black and White or even Gold and Silver remakes)

But watching Pokemon Trainer physically fighting and throwing Poke Balls at Donkey Kong trying to catch him sounds like a good time though :]

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh and BKuppa your fake quote right after actually quoting me isn't meant to pertain to me is it? If so, I think a wire got crossed and we miscommunicated.
Nah, some guy was just talking about how some "leak" you had posted was obviously fake because Tingle was on it, and I was taking the p*ss out of him.

CoryCory

Smash Rookie
The betternet roster seems like it could be believable but the following just sticks out to me, some good some not so much. Mostly just opinion but here's my thoughts:
- Chrom&Lucina - It makes sense based on the whole team element in Awakening not to mention it represents two of the three most important characters to the plot. I personally don't see this happening but I'd be all for it.
- Toon Zelda/Toon Shiek/Tetra - Kind of turns me off on this leak but I'd have no problems with this character being real though Toon Zelda/Tetra would make more sense. Plus she was originally intended and ultimately cut.
- Krystal - Wasn't she at one point pretty much an indicator for obviously fake leaks? Given, she'd play different than Fox or Falco for sure based presumably on StarFox adventures but I personally don't see this happening (If anything, it should have happened in Brawl.). I feel the same way about Geno in the same context on credibility of leaks.
- Johto Trainer - Yeah, great way to represent the new generation of Pokemon with using a trainer from the second generation that isn't going to be as memorable as the original trainer nor current in the vein of the trainer in X/Y. This is where the leak loses me.
- 45 characters. I'd be fine with it but I wouldn't be mad if it was this number or even 40 characters (excluding transformations, etc.). Wasn't it said that 39 (counting transformations) characters along with all the other features pretty much pushed the wii to the limit?
- A lack of Ridley. If it's true then he's pretty much locked in as a Stage Hazard.

Personally I think back to when it was closer to Brawl's release dates. How close was it to release in Japan before the whole roster was leaked and was there even an official release date penned in at that point when the whole roster was revealed? That alone could be a thing that could possibly add or subtract credibility to all of these "leaks" to some degree.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Personally I think back to when it was closer to Brawl's release dates. How close was it to release in Japan before the whole roster was leaked and was there even an official release date penned in at that point when the whole roster was revealed? That alone could be a thing that could possibly add or subtract credibility to all of these "leaks" to some degree.
Around 3 months from it's original intended release date IIRC, around 4 for the actual one. So we'll probably get the leaks sometime after E3, though that doesn't mean we couldn't get a real one beforehand if someone sneaks it out.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
New guy.

Hey, Gamefaqers (Is that the right term to use? Lol.) Just to get this out of the way now, I am not a leaker. There is no way that I can confirm nor deny that this information is true. It is all unverified rumors unless otherwise proven true. I just made this account today in order to post these rumors. Now that that’s settled, let’s move on to how I got this information. I do not have a friend who conveniently works at Nintendo/Sora Ltd/Namco-Bandai. I am basically part of a special society of people who do intensive research on the game by completely legal means. It is impossible to easily explain what we do. However, I can tell you we don’t browse files on the companies’ computers, or play test demos, or work with Sakurai, or do any of that harebrained stuff. People who claim to do this are just pulling your leg. You probably already knew that, but after looking through some of the “leaks” posted here, I felt the need to clarify just in case.

I’ll try to make this rumor list as concise as possible for your convenience.

-Link's Gale Boomerang and Toon Link's Boomerang return.
-Kirby's Swallow returns. A new mechanic strengthens his swallowing power when B is repeatedly tapped.
-Olimar's Pikmin still max out at six, even though screenshots only show three.
-Falco, Wolf, and Captain Falcon return to the battle. Starfox and F-Zero crossover is coming to WiiU soon.
-Diddy’s Monkey Flip returns.
-Palutena joins the battle. Main method of fighting is by swinging her staff.
-Pit's Final Smash remains unchanged, though Palutena does not appear in the background if she is being played as.
-Crates and Barrels return.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra join the battle. Magic Bar involved with moveset. Toon Zelda can steal magic energy from opponents, Tetra can steal held items.
-Panels are a new item. Explode when the player makes contact with two adjacent panels.
-The Frog Prince joins the battle. An anthropomorphic frog wearing a red cape. Main method of fighting is whipping with his tongue.
-Frog Prince stars in an upcoming WiiU title by Intelligent Systems (creators of Paper Mario and Fire Emblem) and is the two-player partner in Yoshi's Epic Yarn.
-Charcters that did not make it as newcomers: Cranky Kong, Genesect, Hawlucha, Ray MKIII, Bandana Dee, Lucina, Mach Rider, Kamek, and Saki Amamiya
-Trophy Stand item is removed.
-Subspace Bombs appear in Adventure mode. Sends the character into the Subspace Battlefield. If you have played Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, you may know what to expect.
-Every character has a second form, only in the WiiU version. Known forms are Mario in Cape & Fire Feather form, Villager with the Golden Tools and horned hat, Kirby with a glowing star on his forehead, Fox in Arwing armor, and Rosalina & Luma as Cosmic Spirit and baby Ztar.
-Finally determined that Phantom is a new item, works differently from normal items. It falls down on the stage just like any other item, in a sleeping state. Attack the back of it to take control. Moves left and right depending on where you’re facing. You lose your jab, side tilt, and dash attack in exchange for different, “commands.”: Heavy downwards slash for jabs, sideways slash for side tilt (as shown in Zelda's gallery,) and dash attack makes it leap forward, slashing down on the enemy. Automatically reflects projectiles with its shield. You can even distance yourself from the Phantom and it will still follow your commands. Attacking the back of the Phantom while it is under someone else’s control will destroy it.

That is all the information we have gathered for now. I can’t stay and answer questions, as we have a really important meeting tonight. I will probably be back someday, but for now, I will be leaving you all with this.

An interesting one, for sure. Not just another final roster drop or Q&A session, but an array of tidbits.

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
Why do I have a feeling that the Betternet leak might turn out to be true?

I am happy that Palutena, Takamaru, and Chrome & Lucina are in, as those are highly-requested characters. But Krystal and Toon Zelda seem like odd choices for newcomers, to be honest.

Krystal was popular back in the Brawl days, but I seldom see fans asking for her inclusion anymore. As for Toon Zelda, I just assume she’d be a clone, and that’s what I am not content with.

I do not really mind the characters that were cut, but I hope one of them is revealed soon, just to debunk this leak.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
"PT won't command his Pokemon anymore"

What does that even mean? Will he actually fight and use his Pokemon for his specials?
Pokémon Trainer could use his items to fight. His bicycle, his fishing rod etc.
He would actually be more interesting that way, imo.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
New guy.

Hey, Gamefaqers (Is that the right term to use? Lol.) Just to get this out of the way now, I am not a leaker. There is no way that I can confirm nor deny that this information is true. It is all unverified rumors unless otherwise proven true. I just made this account today in order to post these rumors. Now that that’s settled, let’s move on to how I got this information. I do not have a friend who conveniently works at Nintendo/Sora Ltd/Namco-Bandai. I am basically part of a special society of people who do intensive research on the game by completely legal means. It is impossible to easily explain what we do. However, I can tell you we don’t browse files on the companies’ computers, or play test demos, or work with Sakurai, or do any of that harebrained stuff. People who claim to do this are just pulling your leg. You probably already knew that, but after looking through some of the “leaks” posted here, I felt the need to clarify just in case.

-Kirby's Swallow returns. A new mechanic strengthens his swallowing power when B is repeatedly tapped.
-Falco, Wolf, and Captain Falcon return to the battle. Starfox and F-Zero crossover is coming to WiiU soon.
-Pit's Final Smash remains unchanged, though Palutena does not appear in the background if she is being played as.
-Toon Zelda and Tetra join the battle. Magic Bar involved with moveset. Toon Zelda can steal magic energy from opponents, Tetra can steal held items.
-Panels are a new item. Explode when the player makes contact with two adjacent panels.
-The Frog Prince joins the battle. An anthropomorphic frog wearing a red cape. Main method of fighting is whipping with his tongue.
-Frog Prince stars in an upcoming WiiU title by Intelligent Systems (creators of Paper Mario and Fire Emblem) and is the two-player partner in Yoshi's Epic Yarn.
-Charcters that did not make it as newcomers: Cranky Kong, Genesect, Hawlucha, Ray MKIII, Bandana Dee, Lucina, Mach Rider, Kamek, and Saki Amamiya
-Subspace Bombs appear in Adventure mode. Sends the character into the Subspace Battlefield. If you have played Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, you may know what to expect.
-Every character has a second form, only in the WiiU version. Known forms are Mario in Cape & Fire Feather form, Villager with the Golden Tools and horned hat, Kirby with a glowing star on his forehead, Fox in Arwing armor, and Rosalina & Luma as Cosmic Spirit and baby Ztar.
-Finally determined that Phantom is a new item, works differently from normal items. It falls down on the stage just like any other item, in a sleeping state. Attack the back of it to take control. Moves left and right depending on where you’re facing. You lose your jab, side tilt, and dash attack in exchange for different, “commands.”: Heavy downwards slash for jabs, sideways slash for side tilt (as shown in Zelda's gallery,) and dash attack makes it leap forward, slashing down on the enemy. Automatically reflects projectiles with its shield. You can even distance yourself from the Phantom and it will still follow your commands. Attacking the back of the Phantom while it is under someone else’s control will destroy it.

That is all the information we have gathered for now. I can’t stay and answer questions, as we have a really important meeting tonight. I will probably be back someday, but for now, I will be leaving you all with this.

An interesting one, for sure. Not just another final roster drop or Q&A session, but an array of tidbits.
Te4h Frog Prince...nice...but Yoshi's Yarn 2nd partner? What?

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I now kinda want him to fight...

Like would you imagine this kid to put up a fight?

**** no but it would be freaking funny though; like throwing Pokeballs at characters or ride on a Charizard and kick everyone ***.

And I must swear in every post I made.
Charizard? :/
Ethan uses 2nd gen pokemon :p (Totodile, Cyndaquil and Chikorita)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
- 45 characters. I'd be fine with it but I wouldn't be mad if it was this number or even 40 characters (excluding transformations, etc.). Wasn't it said that 39 (counting transformations) characters along with all the other features pretty much pushed the wii to the limit?

Actually characters themselves take up almost no space in the disc. Brawl was a dual layered disc, 4.3
gigs on every side. I have seen the multiplayer part of the game burned into a one sided 4.3 gigs disc (taking away classic, stadium, SSE and training from the game). Considering the music was more than 3 gigs of data that leaves barely over 1 gig for stages + characters + items + collectables. Characters probably took up less than half of that which is just over half a gig.

SSE and the Music basically took up 80% of Brawl's data, which was what was pushing the DVD's data capacity to the limit.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
New guy.

Sooooo... I guess Ridley, Chrom and King K.Rool (or Dixie) is implied as newcomers as well?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
That is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard of (especially for smash bros.), and why only the Wii U version? And doing so for every character would be tedious for the developers and players. also it would be so uneeded

I'm sorry guys but this one part of the leak just makes it bogus (is bogus still a thing nowadays?)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, once E3 comes, we'll be able to either accept the Betternet leak, or debunk it. Until then, I suggest we wait it out and see what happens.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I love how some leaks claim that a game is getting a revival just in time for the main character to appear in Smash. That sounds too convenient. I wouldn't mind that happening, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom