• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Betternet Roster leak technically has 48 with 4 cuts... um.
Match confirmed.
On the other hand, it says that the release date is in autumn, where as the MK forum guy said that there was no planned release date yet, so it does still conflict in that way.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Betternet Roster Leak: I'm not going to bother with some vain preface and balderdash in an attempt to establish credibility. Read and think what you will, but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence.

Final Character Roster

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

All names written as announced upon selection.

Cut: Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake
Reworked: Pokemon Trainer

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I really hope we get more than 48 characters. I hope for at least 50. And personally, I think Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers and WiFit trainer can go. Of course, WiFit Trainer is confirmed, so I'll deal with it. (Even though, looking at what IGN has noticed, her moveset doesn't look all bad; football for side special, I think. Pretty neat.). But I've NEVER been a fan of Mr.G&W or Ice Climbers. I hope they go. And I think Toon Link should get a new moveset. Sakurai said "No more clones"... Anyways, if the Major Leak is true, I'll be like... meh. Some looks good, like King. K Rool, but... only 12 newcomers?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Huh. Not a huge fan of that leak. Doesn't even have Ridley. And, Lucas and Wolf cut? I don't Believe it anyways, but I really hope this one isn't true. :/

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
48 characters in a mario kart game... anyone?

:ike::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle:
4 cuts, done.

It would be sad but i wouldnt mind (not too much).

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I really hope we get more than 48 characters. I hope for at least 50. And personally, I think Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers and WiFit trainer can go.
So you want three of the best and most unique characters in Smash to be cut. What is this I don't even.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I may be counting wrong, but that Betternet leak has 45 slots and 50 characters total, which puts it at odds with what this Mario Kart guy is saying. They do both have four cuts, though, although the Betternet guy also says none of the old PT Pokemon are back (conveniently not listing the replacements), so that's technically seven cuts there as well.

Also, @ Miles Pierre Miles Pierre , I know NeoGAF users are largely credible, I was just preemptively giving the "counterargument" to what you had said.

EDIT: WFT and "unique" in the same sentence...now there's a good laugh.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I can't say I believe the Betternet leak, mostly because of what Bkupa666 said on the matter now and beforehand. I wouldn't be surprised if it's right, but at the current time I don't quite believe it.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
48 characters in a mario kart game... anyone?

:ike::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle:
4 cuts, done.

It would be sad but i wouldnt mind (not too much).
Replace :ike: with :wolf: and it would be "perfect".

Since I can't play with any of the three starter Pokémon "solo", I wouldn't really mind if they were cut in SSB4.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Betternet Roster Leak: I'm not going to bother with some vain preface and balderdash in an attempt to establish credibility. Read and think what you will, but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence.

Final Character Roster

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

Wow, that would be terrible. Too many females added and no new villains, cutting an important Star Fox villain for a less important female, and only 45 characters.

D

Deleted member

I really hope we get more than 48 characters. I hope for at least 50. And personally, I think Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers and WiFit trainer can go. Of course, WiFit Trainer is confirmed, so I'll deal with it. (Even though, looking at what IGN has noticed, her moveset doesn't look all bad; football for side special, I think. Pretty neat.). But I've NEVER been a fan of Mr.G&W or Ice Climbers. I hope they go. And I think Toon Link should get a new moveset. Sakurai said "No more clones"... Anyways, if the Major Leak is true, I'll be like... meh. Some looks good, like King. K Rool, but... only 12 newcomers?
What am I honestly reading?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Replace :ike: with :wolf: and it would be "perfect".

Since I can't play with any of the three starter Pokémon "solo", I wouldn't really mind if they were cut in SSB4.
even :lucas:would be a cut choice.

I highly doubt :ike: is getting cut

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
villains it's a visible necessity for Smash roster, as or more higher than females, imo.
The game is called super smash BROTHERS!!! thats the best argument... But seriously whether villain or female or hero. I think that Sakurai adds characters that happen to be villain or female not because they are villain or female. All that matters is how important they are to the series. Whether a leak is saturated in females or villains doesn't matter if the characters are believable.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

Final Character Roster

that roster is horrid so it must be right

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
There was a pitiful 3 and a half females in brawl, not that it should matter, but that was just blehh. There's a vast amount they could add is all, so i'd welcome a roster with more.

So does the bernett roster have 48 characters or not?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Why Sakurai calling the series "Super Smash Brothers" in the first place? We already have females in the game so it should be called "Super Smash Siblings"
Super smash brothers for home console. Super bash sisters for hand held. Segregation at its best.

I think the Betternet roster is cool. Most leaked rosters are fine with me. Of course that means nothing in regards to its legitimacy.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
There was a pitiful 3 and a half females in brawl, not that it should matter, but that was just blehh. There's a vast amount they could add is all, so i'd welcome a roster with more.

So does the bernett roster have 48 characters or not?
As Bkupa66 said, 45 not including transformations, 50 with them, so either way it's off. Also, it technically cuts 7 characters as PT loses his three original movesets in the process of changing.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
As Bkupa66 said, 45 not including transformations, 50 with them, so either way it's off. Also, it technically cuts 7 characters as PT loses his three original movesets in the process of changing.
Ohh thanks. So it's not really a match then...
Most of the leaks don't match at all, or don't offer enough information for us to compare. I guess that's a good indication that we might not really be getting real leaks until the game is close to release.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Ohh thanks. So it's not really a match then...
Most of the leaks don't match at all, or don't offer enough information for us to compare. I guess that's a good indication that we might not really be getting real leaks until the game is close to release.
Actually, that one rumor where they called Takamaru "High Round" matches pretty well as far as I can tell. It even has four cuts if you count :younglinkmelee::roymelee::pichumelee::drmario:. I'm not saying either rumor is true, but they seem to support each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom