• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
If we get a Direct this month (or any month really), there's also always the possibility that they'll reveal a veteran, like with Luigi and Sonic. Though the only ones "worthy" of a reveal like that would be Snake (if he returns) and possibly a "character of the year" if they follow the Year of Luigi with a Year of Something Else. Both which would fit this month really as Metal Gear has a new game coming out and Year of Luigi ends this month. A completely new face could be left for an April Direct.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai didnt say that.......
Sakurai said:
Oh, it is not as if I did not like the DLC, it is just that I do not really have the time to think. I’m too busy to work on the game and to include a maximum of content. The goal is to propose a complete and interesting gaming experience for players.

In principle, I am not opposed to the DLC. I loved those proposed for the game Fallout 3, for example.
Sakurai said:
"At the current time we have no plans," Sakurai told me. "I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."
News Article said:
So at the very least it sounds like that if DLC does eventually ended up being released for the games no one will be able to accuse Nintendo of holding back content or just pulling an on-disc scenario.
There are no plans for DLC at this moment but he seems to be open to the idea and may consider it when the game is complete.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know this isn't the place, but thinking about these rumors or leaks makes me think about all the stuff we don't know about the game. We see updates every morning and they're new to us, but to the dev team it could have been around for months - for them it's normal to see Ridley co-op with Luigi in adventure mode. Hell, Little Mac could have been around since E3 and we only knew about him a month ago. Like a lot of stuff we want exists already and we don't even know - That makes me excited, which is why I think we like leaks so much. They help us fantasize a bit more .
Luigi and Ridl...what?

TELL ME !!!!!! I KEEL U !!!!

44770847.jpg

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
Hey, that could be interesting.
I know that there's much hate about him here on the Boards, but sincerely I think he's the most likely non-Nintendo newcomer.
-He has history
-Moveset
-Importance
-and appears in Mario Kart games. :p
Well, I can't change anyone's mind, but I still half-believing that old leak that said about Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac e. g. being revealed at E3. Sakurai could have changed his idea of the timing of the reveals, dividing them by periods. And those periods can be easely changed anytime. He's the director, you know.
Then MAYBE we see Sakurai on some Sunday with a troll face, showing a picture of a Mii flying over Ridley with a jetpack with the lines: "Please, understand, size doesn't matter to Alfonzo". That guy is unpredictable, most of times.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ironically, I'm more interested in anything he had to say Mario Kart 8 wise. I heard rumors that a special 3rd party guest could show up in that game. So I wondered if he gave any credit to that.

As for the Smash rumors... I find 4 cuts to be very odd. But if "cuts" include Melee's cut crew from Brawl, then that makes a lot of sense. But I don't think it does. Either way, we won't know until Smash 4 is out of the hands of Sakurai's team. They aren't going to leak anything. But perhaps someone else will. That's why we have to wait for the game to go Gold or go to NA & EU for language translations.

That is when we'll get leaks, just like Pokemon X & Y.
How many months before release is it when games are sent off for that?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not me. I'm not trying again. But the skin tone and overalls still seem off compared to this new pic. But I myself give up.
I knew you'd crack. :p

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I think it would be a good rule to just ignore any "leak" that is obviously written by a 12-15 year old. Like that airport guy one, for example.

Also, a roster size leak ("48 characters") is literally as good as nothing. Why would someone find out such specific information about the game and nothing else?

Seriously.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Or he could reveal a different newcomer just like with Mac. :-o
There's the possibility that none of those situations you mentioned happen.
I don't see a Pokemon Trozei reveal happening unless it is just to throw off our predictions.
Mac had Punchout!!'s 30th anniversary. He had reason, just lesser known reasons.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Ouch, seeing the Betternet Leak I suddenly realize that is what I´m expecting in character reveals that still need to show up but with little differences:

Miis, Pac-Man, Takamaru and Palutena (are in my prediction).

Dixie Kong > Ridley (I will hate this but I can see the monkey taking priority to put more representation to DK series and she was planned to be in Brawl).
Chrom and Lucina > Chrom (The tag team throws me off but I can see where is going, from Melee to Brawl, Sakurai has always wanted to implement another tag team character, first in Pulse and Minus with Melee (didn't work) and then Dixie and Diddy in Brawl (didn't work again) so maybe he is taking the idea from those and overhauling the gameplay to finally get that moveset in the game).
Toon Zelda > Ghirahim (Again I see Toon Zelda taking priority because she was planned in Brawl but I will hate this decision, I think a better option would be Classic Ganon or Tingle).

Cuts:
Ike, Lucas, Wolf and Snake: the characters that I would miss the most would be Ike and Snake, Ike has a great moveset and unique playstyle and Snake because he is a Icon of the videogame world with a great moveset and his level was so fun in Brawl (This cut is the only thing I could consider to be wrong and make the leak false, I had read before in a interview with Sakurai that when doing the art style for this new Smash it takes long because all the characters need to have a unique style that blend well with all the cast put together and made a example with Mario and Snake, so at least he is considering adding Snake again in this new Smash), the cut in Lucas and Wolf I see where is going and is not because they are clones the reason is that their concept is shared already with Ness, Fox and Falco respectively.

Well it seems I need to be prepared because this leak seems reasonable (I hate it), and probably could be real.

.n_n.

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
Please no, not Zelda. It's going to be a waste of character slot putting another simply-cloned one in the game.
We already have Ganon, Falco, Luigi, Toon Link... and Sakurai doesn't even care on implement some major differences, like Ganon's Trident or sword, Falco's "air preference", Luigi's Poltergust, Toon Link's different equipments.
If there'll be other new clones, I hope Sakurai bests the existing ones, at least...
I don't see Lucas being cut... unless he would be replaced with another character, like Porky. Was there any case in the series that a franchise had its representants diminuted? I don't remember, but maybe it can happen this time (please no, again).

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Please no, not Zelda. It's going to be a waste of character slot putting another simply-cloned one in the game.
We already have Ganon, Falco, Luigi, Toon Link... and Sakurai doesn't even care on implement some major differences, like Ganon's Trident or sword, Falco's "air preference", Luigi's Poltergust, Toon Link's different equipments.
If there'll be other new clones, I hope Sakurai bests the existing ones, at least...
I don't see Lucas being cut... unless he would be replaced with another character, like Porky. Was there any case in the series that a franchise had its representants diminuted? I don't remember, but maybe it can happen this time (please no, again).
It's less "Lucas deserves to leave" and more "he has less reasons to stay."

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
You make sound arguments... but we all know it's something Sakurai would do.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
But, none of the characters you mentioned are clones at all. Excluding maybe Toon Link, but he has at least 7 unique moves, and has a completely different feel than Link. Also, no rule a Toon Zelda/Tetra would be clones at all.

Also, Ganon isn't playable, it's Ganondorf, and I don't Believe Ganondorf has ever used a Trident. ^^ Ganondorf isn't a clone, but he sure needs a more Ganondorf-y moveset. Too Little magic there.

I do not Believe that rumor anyways, though.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Also were still talking about the Betternet leak? I'm pretty sure the roster layout won't consist of 3 rows of characters. :9
I don't believe it.
Well I did it in Roster Maker and it looks off (not impossible) but who knows maybe it will translate well once you can see the real deal in person with upgrade graphics and art style.
.n_n.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sakurai would do Toon Zelda..

if he ever runs out of time. :p
He's probably doing the unique characters first as efficient and fast as possible.

Well I did it in Roster Maker and it looks off (not impossible) but who knows maybe it will translate well once you can see the real deal in person with upgrade graphics and art style.
.n_n.
Thinking about how the 3DS version screen is small, it's possible. But it's just so strange of a roster organization. I don't really see that format working. You'll have to look side to side now, and personally I'll find it very annoying.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I find it funny that everyone is calling for Lucus' axing, when in reality he almost replaced Ness in Brawl.

And a side note, it seems like more people here are against Pac-Man more then Miis being playable. There's something wrong about that..

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
The more leaks that say "Dixie Kong is playable" and they leave out King K Rool and Ridley, the more pissed off I get.

Sadly, I see it happening. Yeah, forgot interesting and unique characters. Just give us a female Diddy who uses her HAIR.

Much coolness. So hairy. Woow.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I find it funny that everyone is calling for Lucus' axing, when in reality he almost replaced Ness in Brawl.
Well, like someone else said that was in Melee. Furthermore, Lucas has worn out his commercial value, which was why he was considered to replace Ness to begin with. At this moment Ness adds everything to the roster Lucas does, and even more to that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, like someone else said that was in Melee. Furthermore, Lucas has worn out his commercial value, which was why he was considered to replace Ness to begin with. At this moment Ness adds everything to the roster Lucas does, and even more to that.
Lucario.

Also were still talking about the Betternet leak? I'm pretty sure the roster layout won't consist of 3 rows of characters. :9
I don't believe it.
Three rows actually looks pretty good because of the longer proportions of the 16:9 screen. Here's one way it could look with 42 portraits.
char-select.png

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lucario still has commercial value, if that's what you're refering to. Just want to note that I'm not saying that Lucas should be cut, I'm just saying that he isn't above Ness.
Mother 3's as much of a cult gem as Earthbound though. In anycase, cutting out Lucas, especially after Sakurai clearly favoring on Mother 3's representation enough to overshadow Ness, seems pretty unlikely to me.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be a good rule to just ignore any "leak" that is obviously written by a 12-15 year old. Like that airport guy one, for example.

Also, a roster size leak ("48 characters") is literally as good as nothing. Why would someone find out such specific information about the game and nothing else?

Seriously.
Just look at brawl's leaks. It could happen. If anything, numbers like that are probably easier to get than the more specific information.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Has anyone made a visual mockup of the Betternet Roster yet? I went ahead and made a copy:

Betternet Roster.png

Apologies if something like this has already been posted. I figured a visual representation might make for an interesting reference.

Also, I'm not a fan of this roster in the slightest. XS

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If it's true, a lot of people (myself included) will be extremely disappointed. With that said though, there's no real evidence for it, just like the other ocean of 'leaks' out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom