• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, if Yoshi and Wario get revealed this month... Who do we assume is coming out in April? I can't really pinpoint anyone.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Not sure if typo or pure genius, but I am calling it that from now on.

Also I think it tends to come back up because it's one of the few leaks that is still alive despite being somewhat old. Also there's that element of, "I don't like so it must be true." That isn't true of course, but after Brawl people have developed that instinct out of a sense of self preservation.
Yeah, I'd say so. It really just seems to get more clout because "it's disappointing like Brawl's, so it must be true," ignoring that really it has a couple glaring flaws and nothing notable under its belt aside from Little Mac (which most did guess). While the real roster will probably have some disappointing choices I don't think it'll be as clear cut as the Betternet leak, so I think we're jumping the gun much too early with it.

Also, I'd say it being old doesn't help it much, the WiiLuvU leak was much older and recently got the boot due to the lack of a partner Dixie for Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Solid Snake would be appropriate for a Nintendo Direct.

A veteran, but still a special one like in the vein of Sonic.
I agree with this.... Though, I'd rather Snake not take the whole month of April like Sonic did with October, 3rd party be damned.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Is this an actual leak? :rolleyes:
No, I've seen some pretty good reasoning for Snake not returning to the game, but I've seen some claimed transistor leaks, none of which had Snake as playable. Plus, GamesRadar also predicts that he's gone, they had pretty good reasoning behind it too!

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
No, I've seen some pretty good reasoning for Snake not returning to the game, but I've seen some claimed transistor leaks, none of which had Snake as playable. Plus, GamesRadar also predicts that he's gone, they had pretty good reasoning behind it too!
they also said marth, toon link, and lucario would be gone.....ya look how that turned out

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
the more I believe (and wish) that Snake is cut of Smash4; ... well, GamesRadar is the channel you should rely less; their predictions are terrible.... without no credibility, they seems something from Miiverse. lolz.

I'm serious.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
the more I believe (and wish) that Snake is cut of Smash4; ... well, GamesRadar is the channel you should rely less; their predictions are terrible.... without no credibility, they seems something from Miiverse. lolz.

I'm serious.
They PREDICTED that they would be wrong though. Everybody's wrong at some point, more importantly, they joke about it.

Besides, I've actually met Hollander Cooper in person at PAX East last year. He's not as much as of a klutz as he appears to be.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
They PREDICTED that they would be wrong though. Everybody's wrong at some point, more importantly, they joke about it.
and then.. why use this as a argument about Snake's cut? '-'

"Snake isn't returning"
"Why?"
"because GamesRadar predicted it"

?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
You'd have to see the video to understand, they had very good reasoning behind it.
This is a thread about rumors and leaks and one video out of the hundreds predicting who's going to get cut and who isn't really doesn't fit that category XD

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
You'd have to see the video to understand, they had very good reasoning behind it.
that's doesn't mean that Snake isn't returning, ... at all. They can have the reasons that they want, good enough or not... only the time will say (and Sakurai XD);

but yeah, in any case, I said, I don't believe in Snake's return. I wouldn't care if he returns, though

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Snake may or may not be in the game. We don't know.

He is likely not to be because:
He hasn't been in a nintendo game for like 10 years.
He isn't a nintendo character.

He could be in because:
He was in brawl.
Hideo Kojima seems to get what he wants lol.

This is speculation based on my opinion.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I believe snake to be on that fine line where I would be more surprised to see him return, than him being cut. It's a bit diffrent from sonic in that there was the exclusives deals with sega, and sonic's games usually doing well sales wise on nintendo's platforms. not to mention his closeness in general I guess. Snake is almost the complete opposite of that. "but sakurai said he doesn't want cuts!!!" yeah, nobody likes cuts, but they happen because lack of time among other reasons. "but if he said no cuts, snake is safe cuz they would have had to go through the licensing crap ahead of time!!!" Yeah, and by that logic, I guess sonic was planned all along for brawl too right? I dunno, I could be wrong. perhaps these are the reasons leakers like to cut him on their rosters? I guess it would make sense to me.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I don't know if anyone brough this up, but I'll say this about the sound guy leak: when he was reffering to the confirmation pattern and said Diddy was going to be revealed next, he might have meant veteran. So the 'little mac' confirmation denotes the leak' thing might not be accurate. Then again, I might be saying this because I really want Chibi-Robo in the game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know if anyone brough this up, but I'll say this about the sound guy leak: when he was reffering to the confirmation pattern and said Diddy was going to be revealed next, he might have meant veteran. So the 'little mac' confirmation denotes the leak' thing might not be accurate. Then again, I might be saying this because I really want Chibi-Robo in the game.
The leaker admitted it was fake.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D was released in 2012.
You got me! I thought the last game he had was twin snakes for Gc. Ok well throw the whole hasn't been on nintendo thing out the window!

Snake is more likely in my eyes as of now but I could easily see him being replaced by Pac.

I'm getting off track here. Back to lurking. Be sure ill post something if I find it.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
THIS. Why are people so against one of gaming's biggest legends and icons than they are a generic avatar representation?
I dont hate pacman im sort of nuteral of his inclusion i have to admit the thought i keep having of
Mario Vs. Megaman Vs. Sonic Vs. Pacman is iconic to the max and is awsome it must be a Event match in the game!

But Mii's.......Hell No !!!

If i had to chosse between pacman or Snake returning though i would choose Snake.

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if typo or pure genius, but I am calling it that from now on.

Also I think it tends to come back up because it's one of the few leaks that is still alive despite being somewhat old. Also there's that element of, "I don't like so it must be true." That isn't true of course, but after Brawl people have developed that instinct out of a sense of self preservation.
Pure genius. :chuckle:

I can understand self-preservation, but this extent of it is kind of extreme. It's actually kind of weird, because I don't find the leak to be disappointingly believable. I find it more along the lines of laughable because of how parts of it are disgustingly bland, except for the parts that are disgustingly unrealistic.

In a nutshell, while Brawl's roster wasn't completely perfect, it wasn't so bad that I need to lower my expectations to the point of accepting a C-. As a matter of fact, Brawl's roster flaws resided less with actual characters and more with butchered move sets, in my opinion.

Then again, I might be saying this because I really want Chibi-Robo in the game.
I'M NOT ALONE!!!!!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Talking about new series, what does everyone think about a Baten Kaitos character? I mean, Monolith is part of Nintendo now.
I thought we were talking about leaks. :p

I dont hate pacman im sort of nuteral of his inclusion i have to admit the thought i keep having of
Mario Vs. Megaman Vs. Sonic Vs. Pacman is iconic to the max and is awsome it must be a Event match in the game!

But Mii's.......Hell No !!!

If i had to chosse between pacman or Snake returning though i would choose Snake.
Sakurai will make your mind changed. I can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom