• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
And a side note, it seems like more people here are against Pac-Man more then Miis being playable. There's something wrong about that..
THIS. Why are people so against one of gaming's biggest legends and icons than they are a generic avatar representation?

THIS. Why are people so against one of gaming's biggest legends and icons than they are a generic avatar representation?
A lot of people, like myself, probably have more of an aversion to the "Ghostly Adventures" iteration of Pac-Man getting in. I have the same kind of apprehension about Other M Ridley being playable because he looks terrible, in my opinion. At any rate, if Pac-Man made it into the game using the design from either the Japanese arcade, Pac-Man World or Pac-Man Party designs, I'd be thrilled.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The more leaks that say "Dixie Kong is playable" and they leave out King K Rool and Ridley, the more pissed off I get.

Sadly, I see it happening. Yeah, forgot interesting and unique characters. Just give us a female Diddy who uses her HAIR.

Much coolness. So hairy. Woow.
I agree that those two are a much better choice, but by your logic, Ridley is just a purple Charizard. Much coolness. So purple. Woow.

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
But, none of the characters you mentioned are clones at all. Excluding maybe Toon Link, but he has at least 7 unique moves, and has a completely different feel than Link. Also, no rule a Toon Zelda/Tetra would be clones at all.

Also, Ganon isn't playable, it's Ganondorf, and I don't Believe Ganondorf has ever used a Trident. ^^ Ganondorf isn't a clone, but he sure needs a more Ganondorf-y moveset. Too Little magic there.

I do not Believe that rumor anyways, though.
Well, I don't understand what is padronized as clone or semi-clone here, but the cloning I mentioned was more about characters that are too much similar, like the ones I quoted and other ones.
I don't like these characters since Melee, sounds that they only put them in the game to fill some place.
I could think about moveset changes for various of them, like giving Falco an Arwing Final Smash, Ganondorf with magical, sword and levitating moves, Lucas with PK Love... but Sakurai just leaves them with some movements almost identical to their counterparts. That's a shame.
I wouldn't even care for a 48 characters rostes if the existing ones were really different from each one, not just some technical and speed things.
And about the Ganon... yes, in fact I was lazy to type Ganondorf, my bad. But we all know who I'm talking about. :p And really, he never used the trident. But he has a sword... like Falcon has a gun and never uses it. But I could see Ganny shooting some deflectable electric charges, just like in Ocarina of Time.
Ending: this rumor makes me sad. And cutting Snake is very probable, but will be a great loss.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
March 19, 1994....
The release date for Super Metroid.
This could disprove some leaks who guess the order of revealed newcomers.
Do you guys think Ridley will be revealed on March 19th?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ L LoneR.O.B.
I suspected you meant Ganondorf, but I said that just in case. :p And well, yes, those characters are a Little similar, but let me explain.
Wolf and Lucas' entire normal attack moveset are completely unique them them, not a single move of theirs are taken from Fox or Ness. Their specials are similar, but they all work very differently. The only 'clone move' they have are their Final Smashes. ^^ So, those two are not clones in any way. They should get some more unique Specials and/or Final Smashes, though.
Falco and Luigi are what's called 'semi-clones', they have some moves from Fox and Mario, but are mostly their own. They are extremely different in the way they play, too, so they are different enough (though of course, the more unique moves the better). Ganondorf is the most clone-like (not counting Toon Link, but he makes up for it by being extremely different in his playstyle and having some unique moves). Ganondorf needs a much more Ganondorfy moveset, that's for sure, but he's certanly not a clone either. ^^

Ah, but this if off topic, so I will end it there, sorry. Not trying to argue, just explaining, since too many calls non-clones clones for whatever reason.

And well, I don't Believe that rumor, so I am not worried, haha.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Im my opinion, the absence of both King K. Rool and Ridley kills this leak. Really.

Now, Personaly, I'd love to see Bowser, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wolf, Ridley, King K. Rool and Medusa, all in the same roster. Hero vs Villain is amaizing.

I'd love to play with Pokemon Trainer and defeat Mewtwo.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
March 19, 1994....
Not unless we get a Direct that day which is very unlikely since we just got one last month.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
March 19, 1994....
I could see a 3DS Metroid stage to commemorate the occasion - or maybe even confirm Zero Suit Samus. But Ridley's reveal is doubtful.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mother 3's as much of a cult gem as Earthbound though. In anycase, cutting out Lucas, especially after Sakurai clearly favoring on Mother 3's representation enough to overshadow Ness, seems pretty unlikely to me.
Earthbound has an enormous advantage in being international though, and was a huge Virtual Console success, it's hardly as much a cult game as Mother 3 is. Mother 3 is obviously staying in Japan since there's neither any interest from Nintendo or enough demand from the Nintendo fanbase to change that, and I'm sure that Sakurai can look past his own judgement of the games and include the three-times international veteran over the one-time Japan exclusive veteran if it ever boiled down between the two of them, which I again hope it won't.
March 19, 1994....
If a Nintendo Direct falls on the day, or Sakurai goes to GDC, perhaps. Otherwise it's definitely a no-go, and would at most give us an AT/Super Metroid stage.

Last edited:

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
We are most likely getting ZSS on the 19th, unless a Direct takes place on that day (or a Super Metroid stage at the very least). However, I'm guessing this is off-topic.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We are most likely getting ZSS on the 19th, unless a Direct takes place on that day (or a Super Metroid stage at the very least). However, I'm guessing this is off-topic.
Zero Suit Samus is in May if anything, since that's Zero Mission's 10 year anniversary, the game where Zero Suit Samus debuted as playable. Revealing Zero Suit Samus for Super Metroid's anniversary would be really weird since the Zero Suit doesn't appear in that game, and Samus isn't even playable outside her suit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I doubt we're getting anything for that date; it would make no sense to reveal Zero Suit on that date since the Zero Suit didn't come until Zero Mission, and it seems farfetched at this point in time to expect a newcomer outside of a global Direct (which won't happen until April) or a special event.

I'd be more willing to bet on getting Wario on the 21st for WarioWare's 11th anniversary than anything Super Metroid related.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
March 19, 1994....
It'll more likely be a pic of some Metroid stage (Pyrosphere or otherwise) with more teasing from Sakurai.

"An enemy from Samus' past will appear at any moment. Still."

Shroob

Sup?
Are people really expecting Wario this month due to Warioware's 11th anniversary? I thought anniversary predictions were crapshoots at best.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Im my opinion, the absence of both King K. Rool and Ridley kills this leak. Really.

Now, Personaly, I'd love to see Bowser, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wolf, Ridley, King K. Rool and Medusa, all in the same roster. Hero vs Villain is amaizing.

I'd love to play with Pokemon Trainer and defeat Mewtwo.
Then you're not depending on the best factors that determine whether a leak is more likely to be fake or not. I don't really think Sakurai considers fanservice=adding the character to the roster, unless he agrees that it works. I just recently found out that Retro was suggested not to revive K.Rool for the Country revival by Miyamoto posing the question - "Does K.Rool NEED to come back?" I honestly don't think he's that likely at this point. The roster was never really about adding more villains or females anyway. I was just about adding a healthy display of pillars in Nintendo's history.

Didn't even mention the possible PortraitofRuin deconfirm for those two.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
The leaks suddenly stopped lately. Not even the Ridley thing is coming back too much.
Smash 4 speculation needs some energy since Palutena leak.
I honestly think the Palutena leak was the only thing really credible since people have started "leaking" info. Nothing else comes with proof, and most are either outlandish or fan service.

The betternet leak seems most probable just because it seems like a safe roster, although without any concrete proof, I still take everything with a grain of skepticism. :p

D

Deleted member

Are people really expecting Wario this month due to Warioware's 11th anniversary? I thought anniversary predictions were crapshoots at best.
Not expecting. Acknowledging the possibility.
And asserting the higher probability of it than something in regards to Super Metroid's anniversary.

Shroob

Sup?
Not expecting. Acknowledging the possibility.
And asserting the higher probability of it than something in regards to Super Metroid's anniversary.
True.

It does make me wonder if there actually will be a second veteran reveal this month. Yoshi next week is likely, but anything after, barring anniversaries, are really up in the air.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
True.

It does make me wonder if there actually will be a second veteran reveal this month. Yoshi next week is likely, but anything after, barring anniversaries, are really up in the air.
I'm not so sure Yoshi will be shown next week. New Island isn't out in Japan until summer, and the reveals almost always coincide with the Japanese release date. I think Diddy was an exception because of the Direct on Tropical Freeze's JPN release date.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm not so sure Yoshi will be shown next week. New Island isn't out in Japan until summer, and the reveals almost always coincide with the Japanese release date. I think Diddy was an exception because of the Direct on Tropical Freeze's JPN release date.
I honestly halfway expect him to hold Yoshi off until the Japanese release the same way he did with Zelda, holding her off until the Japanese release of Link Between Worlds.

In any case... what ever happened to that Oldsmashfan whatever dude? He said he was on his plane and would elaborate further and... never did.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think if Yoshi will be revealed, it'll be for Mario Party as that's a Japanese release date. For what else we could get this month, Trozei could get Jigglypuff or PT, or we'll get a case like Marth where they reveal whoever they want.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
As of now I'm only sure of Yoshi to be honest.
There's probably going to be a little Direct but I'm not expecting anything Sm4sh-related, especially a newcomer.
I think at least two veterans are a lock, but who knows.
Sure reveals slowed down a bit after the rush from Rosalina to Diddy.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I honestly halfway expect him to hold Yoshi off until the Japanese release the same way he did with Zelda, holding her off until the Japanese release of Link Between Worlds.
Not gonna happen. Zelda was released like a week after. Japan isn't seeing Yoshi's New ****ty Island till this summer. Simply too much time. It's coming next week. Also Year Of Yoshi is going to start, so...

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I can't speak for everybody, but I know the reason I'm okay with the idea of a Mii, but not so much with Pac Man, is because Miis are Nintendo All-Stars. I don't doubt Pac Man as a video game legend, but he isn't a Nintendo character. And it isn't that I hate Pac Man, I just want an extreme minimum of third parties compared to how many actual Nintendo characters show up (I also had a huge problem with Snake being in Brawl, and will admit that Pac Man is definitely the lesser of two evils, in my opinion).

Now, as for this Butternut leak, I'm finding it to be too safe. Quite a few cuts and only characters people expect...but no heavy hitters outside of Mega Man and Mewtwo. It's playing it so safe that, should it be the official roster, a lot of hype would be sucked out of the game for me.

-Nothing against Dixie Kong, but K. Rool really should be in first, especially with the fan base he has developed. His exclusion would feel a tad like a slap in the face, honestly.
-I also feel like it's counterproductive to include both Palutena and Krystal, two characters who have been defended as unique characters via "staffs".
-Another part of that roster that irks me is the Pokemon selection. I know that Brawl+Mewtwo is everyone's ideal Pokemon representation, but part of me has a hunch that Game Freak will want some Gen 5 representation. Whether that's through a completely Fairy-tized Jigglypuff or through Victini, I don't know. In short, something other than the norm is a very real possibility.
-Toon Zelda. Sakurai emphasizes uniqueness with Villager, WFT, Mega Man, Rosalina, and Little Mac, and then includes Toon Zelda. If Toon Link is any indicator, Toon Zelda would be an unecessary clone character. Why would Sakurai add an unnecessary clone Newcomer when he has already stated how minimal the Newcomer inclusion will be?
-Sakurai has already said that as of now, no characters are planned to be cut. How come the four characters cut are the ones that, coincidentally enough, people label as the most likely to get cut? Wouldn't they all technically be planned until time has officially run out on developing any additional characters?
-Overall, every character added is a character who is speculated to have a chance. No heavy-hitters except for a few characters we already know are confirmed, and cuts that have long been speculated as possible at a point in time when cuts may not have even been considered (let's also remember two confirmed vets who were on the tip of the Cut Iceberg but were confirmed anyway). Nothing sticks out and, if anything, this just kind of looks like a wishlist that is sensitive to some fanbases and quite harsh to others. That's my two cents'.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Isn't March not only the anniversary of WarioWare, but Wario Land as well?

Super Mario Land III: Wario Land came out March 13, 1994 in North America. It's Wario Land's 20th anniversary, if that's the case.

So, with his 2 franchises having anniversaries this month, and the fact that Mario Party: Island Tour is coming out this month... maybe Wario and Yoshi are both likely?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im going to laugh if lucas gets revealed simply because so many leaks are banking on him getting removed

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So why are you all bringing up that betternet leak again all of a sudden?
Because periodically, people are like "What ever happened to the Betternet leak? I forgot about it despite it being in the OP I always complain about not being updated. Let's talk about it because it's likely." It's bizarre to me as well.

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Isn't March not only the anniversary of WarioWare, but Wario Land as well?

Super Mario Land III: Wario Land came out March 13, 1994 in North America. It's Wario Land's 20th anniversary, if that's the case.

So, with his 2 franchises having anniversaries this month, and the fact that Mario Party: Island Tour is coming out this month... maybe Wario and Yoshi are both likely?
With this in mind, I would be extremely surprised if we didn't get at least one of the two (that is, Yoshi and/or Wario).

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Because periodically, people are like "What ever happened to the Betternet leak? Let's talk about it because it's likely." It's bizarre to me as well.
The fact that it adds so many details honestly does not make it likely. I'm rather surprised that people think it's likely seeing how most here think Krystal is a no-go. Though the leak says that PT gets new Pokemon, and 4 veterans getting cut... I have a feeling this isn't very likely whatsoever for this situation to occur. Too many details are what kills leaks because as soon as they get one wrong, the whole thing is moot.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I'm saying Yoshi next week.
This is plausible. What leaks that are still live have and haven't predicted this? I expect a few to pop up soon saying that it will reveal him coinciding with the US release as bandwagon leaks.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I still think Yoshi next week (and then Wario for Mario party) Zero Suit Samus at May
oh btw have we debunked the LeakE3, or are we still debating

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
I agree that those two are a much better choice, but by your logic, Ridley is just a purple Charizard. Much coolness. So purple. Woow.
...Now how the hell do you go from something reasonable, like saying Dixie is just a female Diddy [which isn't that far fetched] who just uses her hair to saying Ridley is a purple charizard.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Now, as for this Butternut leak, I'm finding it to be too safe
Not sure if typo or pure genius, but I am calling it that from now on.

Also I think it tends to come back up because it's one of the few leaks that is still alive despite being somewhat old. Also there's that element of, "I don't like so it must be true." That isn't true of course, but after Brawl people have developed that instinct out of a sense of self preservation.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Because periodically, people are like "What ever happened to the Betternet leak? I forgot about it despite it being in the OP I always complain about not being updated. Let's talk about it because it's likely." It's bizarre to me as well.
Well, at least it keeps the thread on topic. Lesser of two evils and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom