• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I didn't really consider him to be a stage hazard to be honest, but I certainly wouldn't mind him to return in a similar fashion.
The only way Sakurai would be able to make it up to me if Ridley isn't playable is making Kraid and Ridley both in the same stage, maybe them switching up every few minutes doing different affects like the Palkia/Dialga stage in Brawl.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Bros-Wii-U?p=25530369&viewfull=1#post25530369

So I found this... I find it fishy since it sounds so similar to something that cropped up here earlier this week.

"Last weekend I was at Science World in Vancouver, and they had a playable demo version of this game on 3DS, along with Donkey Kong for wii U. I played the demo, it didnt have many characters programmed into yet, even ones already revealed. I was able to play as Megaman and got to use his final smash, he gets the rush armor upgrade, pretty neat."
I'm starting to think that this only makes ErenJager's leak more legitimate as the user who posted this information is not a newbie (on the website where he posted it I mean; he's been a member there since March 2012).

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So are we still trying to confirm the Eren Jaeger leak? The one that said he played it in Canada? Well I still don't buy it. Someone is going to have to bring more evidence for this leak to convince me. Sure there may have been a DK event but why would they let smash have a playable demo there?
Actually we had another dude (or possibly the same dude) pop up on another forum talking about such a demo and the Rush armor for Mega Man. Yes, the same questions apply. I still find it fishy.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So are we still trying to confirm the Eren Jaeger leak? The one that said he played it in Canada? Well I still don't buy it. Someone is going to have to bring more evidence for this leak to convince me. Sure there may have been a DK event but why would they let smash have a playable demo there?
Another thing, if this were to take place during the DK event, wouldn't Nintendo mention anything about a demo taking place during the event? It would've been big news for sure if they mentioned that the SSB demo would take place on the front page. That is the only thing that I find odd.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Actually we had another dude (or possibly the same dude) pop up on another forum talking about such a demo and the Rush armor for Mega Man. Yes, the same questions apply. I still find it fishy.
From what I remember the Eren leak said he never saw but heard people say that Palutena was an assist trophy. Then he came back later and said she wasn't (i could be wrong)

Hmmm... interesting. yea it could very well be the same guy... Can't mods check IP's? Is that like breaking your ethics or something?

But more importantly WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT PALUTENA?!?!!? :cry: I don't think I could handle that assist trophy(yes I could)

Another thing, if this were to take place during the DK event, wouldn't Nintendo mention anything about a demo taking place during the event? That is the only thing that I find odd.
Yea thats pretty important too. It would seem that Nintendo would want to promote the whole "demo" thing. Just look at E3 this year. They promoted demos like they were trying to get people into a pyramid scheme. I wouldn't see that changing.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This. Sometimes leaks are fake, but sometimes people get so desperate to disagree with them, for not being what they wanted, that they see things where there's none. It was the same thing with greninja, the gen V starters and the brawl roster.
Don't forget the "69 Pokemon" leak, it was so bad someone actually went as far as to edit the original message so that they could get it declared fake.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm starting to think that this only makes ErenJager's leak more legitimate as the user who posted this information is not a newbie (on the website where he posted it I mean; he's been a member there since March 2012).
I'm on MMO-Champion too, been a member since 2009, and I could post all the bull**** I wanted to too. Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, but it's not one of high credibility at all. At most we've had a legit World of Warcraft leak or two, because that's what the site is generally about.

Anyone have a link to the Erenjeager leak or w/e it's called?

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm on MMO-Champion too, been a member since 2009, and I could post all the bull**** I wanted to too. Don't get me wrong, I love the forum, but it's not one of high credibility at all. At most we've had a legit World of Warcraft leak or two, because that's what the site is generally about.

Anyone have a link to the Erenjeager leak or w/e it's called?
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-397#post-16365183

http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-402#post-16368834

Erenjager's posts.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't necessarily believe that you could possibly prove it fallacious. He didn't really even state anything aside from Waluigi being an assist and Skull Kid doing what literally everyone expects him to do. The Palutena portion is obviously hearsay (not that it would attenuate his credibility as we cannot, beyond a reasonable doubt, assert that Palutena is actually a playable character).

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Here are his posts incase someone wanted them
ErenJager said:
Hey, long time viewer of Smash Boards, first time poster.
Just going to pass along some information, after playing a demo of Smash Bros.

The demo didn't have all the characters couldn't play as Rosalina or Lucario it was very confined and limited, the reps reassured me that it was a very small sample of the game.

I played as Mega Man against my brother who was Villager on 3DS's.
Mega Man's final smash uses Rush Armor Upgrade, Villager uses bee's.
We used a couple of assist trophies during the match, Waluigi and Skull Kid.
Waluigi does pretty much the same thing as he did in brawl, and Skull Kid is basically Snorlax with a moon.
At the end of the session, other people playing the demo said they got Paletuna as an assist trophy, but I never saw her.

Sorry was planning on taking a few pictures, but they had a no picture policy, they asked everyone to either put their cell phones to the side of the room on the window ledge, or keep them in our pockets. One guy took his phone out and tried to take a picture and they weren't rude or anything to him but they got kinda up close to him and quickly said "hey no pictures", and they quickly made him show he hadn't taken a picture yet and had to put his phone on the ledge.
ErenJager said:
Hey guys, I read back since my first post.

Going to clear the air a bit, I don't have any connection to Nintendo.
I was at the Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, they were doing a Donkey Kong game demo.
Reps asked me if I was into smash bros, said I loved it when I was kid with N64 and melee.
They told me to stick around and that they're going to do a private demo later, I was kind of excited, and my brother was too, so we hung out.
Funny thing is my brother and I got pretty pumped because it would be just like back in the day, when we played together but like new age.

I see a lot of posts about Palutena, I never saw her, so I don't know what she looks like, sorry.
I do know that the assist trophies didn't have black outlines, my character and my brother's stuck out from all other things on the screen pretty noticeably, at least to my recollection. I'm pretty sure only the characters had black outlines, i'm like 99% confident in that. I asked my brother he said he thinks so too.
ErenJager said:
After doing some research i'm going to go out on a limb and say the Palutena pic'(s) are fake.
Seeing a thread discuss the visual differences between the statue, most notably the shield missing the dangling chain/ ornament.
Furthermore seeing how easily it is to create a faked image ie, tucan sam.
And lastly the guy at the demo who said he saw her as an AT, he could have been lying, but I highly doubt he would randomly lie to my face for no reason.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so the Palutena being an Assist Trophy....might actually be a thing....that really hurts. Unless that other account was ErenJager, which I doubt, this leak is looking more and more real. Just a while ago we were questioning why anyone else hadn't said anything about playing a demo and here we are. Hoping for Shulk now, I guess.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ah, so the Palutena being an Assist Trophy....might actually be a thing....that really hurts. Unless that other account was ErenJager, which I doubt, this leak is looking more and more real. Just a while ago we were questioning why anyone else hadn't said anything about playing a demo and here we are. Hoping for Shulk now, I guess.
I refuse to believe Lady Palutena is an assist trophy until Sakurai confirms it himself. Gods, why can't we just see an AT on the 3DS already?! That would solve so much, and get rid of this notion of Lady Palutena being an AT for good.

...Maybe we haven't seen any ATs on the 3DS version... because they aren't on the 3DS version? That's a possibility.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Maybe we haven't seen any ATs on the 3DS version... because they aren't on the 3DS version? That's a possibility.
I doubt it.
The main reason I'm assuming is due to Smash WiiU having to be a killer app.
And thus they want more attention put onto that.
But, due to this. I we haven't had a shred of 3DS gameplay since E3.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I doubt it.
The main reason I'm assuming is due to Smash WiiU having to be a killer app.
And thus they want more attention put onto that.
But, due to this. I we haven't had a shred of 3DS gameplay since E3.
Well, then, allow me to propose something else. Let's say Assist Trophies are version exclusives, like most everything except characters are. If this ends up being the case, how did our leaker here see Skull Kid on the 3DS?

Morbi

Scavenger
The possibility of Palutena being an assist trophy was ALWAYS a thing.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, then, allow me to propose something else. Let's say Assist Trophies are version exclusives, like most everything except characters are. If this ends up being the case, how did our leaker here see Skull Kid on the 3DS?
Simple, he didn't.
Why, cause there was no super-secret Smash event.

Yes, believe in the guy that went to an event that no relation to Super Smash Bros. as a legit source.
I doubt it as much as you do.
I was just referring to gameplay.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
To be honest this guy seems to blurb all we expected from these characters to do (from Assists' functions to supposed Final Smashes), yet never mentioned any other unseen details in the game. (How do stages function in detail? Were there items? Attacks unseen before from the Pic of the Days? ) I mean he mentioned Villager, who I'm sure must have exhibited some moves unseen yet (perhaps throws) and he could have elaborated more on bees. No confirmation on Air Shooter being Blue Bomber's Up-Air either? No elaboration on how Super Adaptor works in practice?

I'd so wish to hear something else than expected/established just by pics alone, because I bet the pics doesn't show everything in the game. To get to see plenty of footage played by your own has to be enough to some more info than just barebones stuff we knew about. (and vague thought that Palutena is not playable after all)

So yeah, gonna take all this as a grain of salt unless proven by Sakurai. Though I'd be beyond curious on why this game would be approved for a demo, yet even a private one - when it doesn't do anything for the game's advertisement or marketing.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Hey we have our own "residential" Canadian. Would NEON know anything about the event? Maybe SHE (doubt it) went. Either way I think we should find someone who went to the event... That we didn't already know went to the event...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't see Palutena being an assist trophy. I'm sorry. I just don't. Sakurai has went out of his way to lament the fact that he's running out of allstars from Nintendo IPs to add, he's lamented that there is a lack of new Nintendo IPs to add people from, as well as lamenting that selecting female reps is a tough choice.

There's just too much going for playable Palutena for him to make the decision based on his own words of making her simply an assist trophy.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't see Palutena being an assist trophy. I'm sorry. I just don't. Sakurai has went out of his way to lament the fact that he's running out of allstars from Nintendo IPs to add, he's lamented that there is a lack of new Nintendo IPs to add people from, as well as lamenting that selecting female reps is a tough choice.

There's just too much going for playable Palutena for him to make the decision based on his own words of making her simply an assist trophy.
Actually, it's not that. It's just the concept of Palutena being an AT that rubs me the wrong way REGARDLESS of her being playable.

Y'know, even if Palutena isn't playable, I'd honestly eat my hat if she was an Assist Trophy.

For starters, it's extremely pointless to take Palutena out of Pit's FS and turn her into a minor AT character. Secondly, regardless of Palutena being playable or not, I think it's a guarantee we'll see some special smash taunt conversations on one (or both?) of the KI stages. Something about Palutena being in smash taunts AND being an assist trophy doesn't feel right to me. It'd be like Palutena and Pit talking to each other about something, only for Mario to randomly pull her out of his *** to attack Pit.

Granted, we've had characters who were both in smash taunts and in playable form, mainly the SF characters, but notice how Andross and Grey Fox were ATs in Brawl, and they weren't featured in any of their respective series' smash taunts. If Palutena isn't playable, her role is much more suited for the aforementioned smash taunts for Pit and/or remaining in Pit's FS.
I wrote all this in the Palutena thread. Considering her role in Uprising is typically assisting Pit, if she isn't playable, It would make more sense on Sakurai's part to have her just be apart of Pit's character (Final smash, smash taunts), rather than her being a summon-able assist for everyone.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
People are still arguing about the Little Pac-Mii thing?

I guess the fact that a notorious fighting game leaker (Caw Evolution) vouches for Sal Romano legitimately receiving an e-mail a week prior to E3 from an anonymous source that he also claims is credible flew over too many heads. :rolleyes:
Does this add or take away credibility from the LeakE3? I'm a bit tired and my mind's going crazy atm pls help

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm not entirely sure about this. ErenJager claimed that he played the demo in Toronto whilst this one claimed that he played his in Vancouver. Something still seems a bit off about the two which is why I am still taking these with a grain of salt.

A question, has Nintendo ever done any secretive/private demos within events?

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master

nintendo sucks

Banned via Warnings
nintendo is for 5 year olds
buy an xbox

hope this web site gets closed down

Last edited by a moderator:

nintendo sucks

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
I'm not entirely sure about this. ErenJager claimed that he played the demo in Toronto whilst this one claimed that he played his in Vancouver. Something still seems a bit off about the two which is why I am still taking these with a grain of salt.

A question, has Nintendo ever done any secretive/private demos within events?
you guys are all losers get a life

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hmm....that is true that the DK event in Toronto and Vancouver, but the only question is, did the SSB demo really took place there?
Is there proof an SSB demo even existed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom