• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No. Of course not. That being said, the only claim in question is in regards to Palutena. It isn't as though he gave us much to actually refute.
True enough, I suppose. The problem here is he's only spouting hollow words. Despite the fact that he claimed pictures weren't allowed (which I think would make sense), he has absolutely no evidence to back up what he says.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Like everyone else who doubts this leak, I'd imagine Nintendo would've advertised a Smash demo like crazy.
That's what's confusing me if this is real. Would Nintendo really give a random group of people the chance to play smash simply because they want them to have fun/eperience the game or something? Not to mention, no news outlets have covered this. I'd imagine they already have their own set of play testers...And if people like M2K are getting the game early, why didn't he get invited to something like this?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
True enough, I suppose. The problem here is he's only spouting hollow words. Despite the fact that he claimed pictures weren't allowed (which I think would make sense), he has absolutely no evidence to back up what he says.
And the reason he gave us is ridiculous.
Like I've, as well as many others have said, wouldn't you want to advertise this?
Smash is meant to be huge. Why hide it from the public?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I guess we'll be averaging one ban every night. Probably the same person every time. What with the japanese stuff being mentioned every time. Interesting stuff guys.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No. Of course not. That being said, the only claim in question is in regards to Palutena. It isn't as though he gave us much to actually refute.
The main thing is that any details relating to her weren't directly stated by him, he outright stated some characters weren't available in the supposed demo, and the guy hosting the demo could of easily be lying in order to disguise a spoiler.

That's not including the factor that the demo's are supposedly taking place IN EVENTS SPECIFICALLY RELATING TO DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That's what's confusing me if this is real. Would Nintendo really give a random group of people the chance to play smash simply because they want them to have fun/eperience the game or something? Not to mention, no news outlets have covered this. I'd imagine they already have their own set of play testers...And if people like M2K are getting the game early, why didn't he get invited to something like this?
Right. I find the fact that some Nintendo rep came up to a couple of average joes, basically said "You kids like Smash? We got Smash." and let them play a demo of a game so highly hyped.
And the reason he gave us is ridiculous.
Like I've, as well as many others have said, wouldn't you want to advertise this?
Smash is meant to be huge. Why hide it from the public?
Simple. They wouldn't. They'd advertise it like it was the end of the world and they were the only ones aware of it.
Definitely this. A Smash Bros demo would be massive news for sure if Nintendo did decide to advertise that.
The entire Smash fandom would go crazy, and there would be people lining up for days trying to get to play it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To be on-topic, while it's not possible to know if that ErenJager "leak" may be true or not, I'm betting on fake, considering past history with the many "leaks" and all that. I wouldn't give it much credit.

I can sure as hell say that whoever did this is a fan of Attack on Titan. lol

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
What if the trolls are actually Sakurai who is trying to get us sidetracked from the leaks

Anyways, the ErenJager leak is just a well planned out troll. He made sure the backstory made sense and gave out information that probably won't be disproven till release

Morbi

Scavenger
The main thing is that any details relating to her weren't directly stated by him, he outright stated some characters weren't available in the supposed demo, and the guy hosting the demo could of easily be lying in order to disguise a spoiler.

That's not including the factor that the demo's are supposedly taking place IN EVENTS SPECIFICALLY RELATING TO DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE.
It certainly isn't out of the question, I have a little bit of experience in this area.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Right. I find the fact that some Nintendo rep came up to a couple of average joes, basically said "You kids like Smash? We got Smash." and let them play a demo of a game so highly hyped.

Simple. They wouldn't. They'd advertise it like it was the end of the world and they were the only ones aware of it.

The entire Smash fandom would go crazy, and there would be people lining up for days trying to get to play it.
Adding that, it would have attracted media attention as well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guys, next time you are dealing with another one of those trolls. Just silent report them so we mods can take care of it and don't reply to them, it will only sidetrack the thread even further.

Anyway..... Now that that's dealt with. Lets get back on topic....

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What if the trolls are actually Sakurai who is trying to get us sidetracked from the leaks

Anyways, the ErenJager leak is just a well planned out troll. He made sure the backstory made sense and gave out information that probably won't be disproven till release
Unlikely unless he's hiring master trolls to do his bidding.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I feel bad for trolls, they have a lot of time on their hands and nothing else to do with their lives.

Anyway, it seems extremely unlikely that there would be a random Smash demo at a Donkey Kong event. On top of that, letting random people play a demo with things that have yet to be revealed to the public seems like Nintendo would be asking for leaks... There is no proof of the demo, and it seems completely ridiculous.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel bad for trolls, they have a lot of time on their hands and nothing else to do with their lives.

Anyway, it seems extremely unlikely that there would be a random Smash demo at a Donkey Kong event. On top of that, letting random people play a demo with things that have yet to be revealed to the public seems like Nintendo would be asking for leaks... There is no proof of the demo, and it seems completely ridiculous.
If you think about it, nothing else was leaked from the alleged event. Only Palutena's assist trophy status that was already heavily leaked prior. Obviously, if there was something else significant, we would have heard about it. So it isn't as though the event would incite THAT many leaks. As it is, we only have two notable ones. :awesome:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724

No Way!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There's only one troll that I give credit to...
...And that's him...

If you think about it, nothing else was leaked from the alleged event. Only Palutena's assist trophy status that was already heavily leaked prior. Obviously, if there was something else significant, we would have heard about it. So it isn't as though the event would incite THAT many leaks. As it is, we only have two notable ones. :awesome:
I guess it's due to her popularity...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Another thing that I forgot to mention is that I'm pretty sure the media (journalists/reviewers from gaming websites) would definitely want to get their hands on play testing the demo.
Oh, most definitely. The opportunity to relay info about one of the most hyped games of 2014 isn't something the media would miss out on.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
i bet there is at least that one forum lurker that thought to himself, yeah wii fit trainer would be funny, no one would expect it...and then crapped himself once the reveal happened
Pizzadudemanguy's group made fun of both Wii Fit Trainer and an Animal Crossing rep in one of their videos pre-SSB4's Announcement

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Eren also said that Megaman's Final Smash is a Rush... thing and the Villagers is bees... so far this leak is more legit than Sal's PrE3 leak IMO. There have been separate posts about the demo on 2 websites about a real event. Granted the separate posts could be the same guy trying to gain credibility but still... theres at least some very tiny itsy bitsy inkling that this could possibly be true... maybe...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eren also said that Megaman's Final Smash is a Rush... thing and the Villagers is bees... so far this leak is more legit than Sal's PrE3 leak IMO. There have been separate posts about the demo on 2 websites about a real event. Granted the separate posts could be the same guy trying to gain credibility but still... theres at least some very tiny itsy bitsy inkling that this could possibly be true... maybe...
But, once again. Details don't mean anything. Many leaks in the past talked about Final Smashes, playstyles, and even mechanics. Didn't make them legit. Just detailed.
And how do we know for sure Megaman's is Rush and Villager's is bees? We don't. It's only a guess.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure about this. ErenJager claimed that he played the demo in Toronto whilst this one claimed that he played his in Vancouver. Something still seems a bit off about the two which is why I am still taking these with a grain of salt.

A question, has Nintendo ever done any secretive/private demos within events?
I know at an Pokemon event I went to during the early Ruby Sapphire gen I was helping people out and they called me away from the crowd and gave me some non-released e-reader stuff as thanks. I'm assuming this is legit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom