• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Still no. ''Let's detract from Donkey Kong by pulling random people to play our killer most hyped game of the year."

You honestly think Nintendo is going to do that at an event designed to sell another game? No. Just no.

That's like a studio having a showing for a small independent film then pulling a select few out to watch their summer blockbuster sequel instead. It's not happening. Makes no sense.
I've worked at a studio where I see what goes on behind these scenes with marketing products, they do this stuff a lot where they have demos of new products at big events. Before I left my old job, a company we were developing a game for were doing tests with demo stations at other events promoting other products. The demos are not to sell the product. It 's focus group stuff. You don't know what you're saying right now.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
There are a lot of things people disagree with Sakurai about. (The main ones being his dealings with Ridley, and tripping.) I wouldn't be surprised of Sakurai put Palutena as an Assist Trophy or something sub-par like that. Sakurai has a history of making disappointing decisions in game development let me remind you. Making Palutena an AT sounds just like something he'd do and it wouldn't make any sense. This conversation makes me sad...

Edit: Oh yeah ive got to make it relevant! So there being a Palutena Assist trophy doesn't de-confirm a leak just because theres a picture of Palutena in the game... as a playable character... that could still be fake.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly the Sal Romano and Palutena leaks are the only ones I view as "legit" right now. Though I'm still too lazy to go back and find the "ChaosZero" leak, what page was that one? I need to scrutinize it.

Also, to ErenJager: If you're speaking of legit information from an event you actually went to, tell us: What other details were there? If you played as Villager, what were his tilts, his unique motions, and other things we haven't seen? If I was leaking this kind of information, I'd provide as many small details as I could, so that proof could be shown sooner rather than later.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Honestly the Sal Romano and Palutena leaks are the only ones I view as "legit" right now. Though I'm still too lazy to go back and find the "ChaosZero" leak, what page was that one? I need to scrutinize it.

Also, to ErenJager: If you're speaking of legit information from an event you actually went to, tell us: What other details were there? If you played as Villager, what were his tilts, his unique motions, and other things we haven't seen? If I was leaking this kind of information, I'd provide as many small details as I could, so that proof could be shown sooner rather than later.
We already know all of villagers moves and all of Megamans.(other than the Final Smashes he's mentioned) What we don't know are taunts. If he mentioned a taunt that was later confirmed then that would be great for his case.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

ErenJager: "I didn't see them, because i wasn't paying enough attention. I didn't see anyone else's tilts or anything of that sort either."

I can see it now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've worked at a studio where I see what goes on behind these scenes with marketing products, they do this stuff a lot where they have demos of new products at big events. Before I left my old job, a company we were developing a game for were doing tests with demo stations at other events promoting other products. The demos are not to sell the product. It 's focus group stuff. You don't know what you're saying right now.
But are any of those previous studios of Nintendo level stature? Were any of those for a game that had just been released like Tropical Freeze? Were those games of Smash Brothers status? Certainly and most likely not.

And also you can drop your tone please. There's no need to insult me by saying I don't know what I speak of. I never pretended to be 100 percent certain in the first place.

Civility is key for god's sake.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We already know all of villagers moves and all of Megamans.(other than the Final Smashes he's mentioned) What we don't know are taunts. If he mentioned a taunt that was later confirmed then that would be great for his case.
Well. We know the basics. But not throws, ledge attacks, or grab attacks.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We know all of the tilts? Either way, you bring up a great point about the taunts. Granted, Erenjager's probably going to say he didn't do the taunts, or something like that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We know all of the tilts? Either way, you bring up a great point about the taunts. Granted, Erenjager's probably going to say he didn't do the taunts, or something like that.
Or he "coincidentally" forgot.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
In the Developer Direct we see all of villagers tilts. We see all of Megamans too. though im not too sure about his u tilt. Megaman's up air was done by Sakurai at the very end of the Mario vs Megaman match. Sakurai also does one of Megamans taunts in that match. Actually we might not know villagers uair but it could be turnips like his dair. I'm sure there are very specific things that we don't know for Villager and Megaman like grabs but I don't think we will see that in a daily pic or direct. Theres really no telling if ErenJagers leak is true or not. Theres more going against it right now.

Edit: haha I forgot we saw villagers grab in a daily pic!! Maybe we will see mega mans eventually!

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
It's not like he confirmed any characters either, he possibly deconfirmed one which most people don't do unless they have it obvious in the roster or actual new info. Its just like the PortraitofRuin thing. Nothing but deconfirms. If Palutena is out, I'm wondering what this roster will look like. Sakurai has nothing left except retros if he is leaving out valid characters. I consider Palutena a pillar.
They still have some major characters left out. I would even put Hades over Palutena so Kid Icarus has a good and evil characters. Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Mii, Ridley, Chrom, Lucina, Roy, Robin, Mewtwo, fifth Zelda (and more) for the larger franchises. Heck, look at the modern series's without reps: Chibi-Robo, Advance Wars, Drill Dozer, Dillon's Rolling Western, Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, Rhythm Heaven, Electroplankton, Xenoblade Chronicles, Captain Rainbow, Brain Age/Devil Training, Ando Kensaku, 1080°, and Excitebike/Truck. Look at the nearly endless supply of retro and third-party characters too. Palutena is in know way needed and could certainly be left out.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sometimes, I wonder, if I ever got lucky enough to have access to a demo or inside information, what strategy I'd employ in sharing it with the fanbase, if at all. Nothing comes to mind as being foolproof, considering that even ChaosZero predicting how the Dragoon would functon in a manner that it doesn't in Air Ride and NyaseNya predicting Sonic's reveal date and the second delay had skeptics screaming for their heads on platters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sometimes, I wonder, if I ever got lucky enough to have access to a demo or inside information, what strategy I'd employ in sharing it with the fanbase, if at all. Nothing comes to mind as being foolproof, considering that even ChaosZero predicting how the Dragoon would functon in a manner that it doesn't in Air Ride and NyaseNya predicting Sonic's reveal date and the second delay had skeptics screaming for their heads on platters.
Well, to be fair.
We do consider all leaks guilty until proven innocent so...

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I saw what I saw, I heard what I heard.
I shared my experience with you guys, and your blowing it way out of portion.
It is, what it is, let time do it's thing.

I believe the images of Palutena are fake based on my own findings online, and what i've heard from some 17 year odd kid at a demo.
You'll believe something different based on your findings and experiences.
Your testimony is very shaky, Mr. ErenJager.

You claim there was a demo of SSB3DS at the DKC: TF event, yet the fact that no one else is collaborating your testimony that there was a SSB3DS demo is pretty suspect. Wouldn't other people tell people about how there was a demo of SSB3DS at the DKC:Tropical Freeze event in Vancouver and Toronto, or even anywhere else?

I believe that you're lying, Mr. ErenJager!
Confess to the crime of lying about a demo!

D

Deleted member

Your testimony is very shaky, Mr. ErenJager.

You claim there was a demo of SSB3DS at the DKC: TF event, yet the fact that no one else is collaborating your testimony that there was a SSB3DS demo is pretty suspect. Wouldn't other people tell people about how there was a demo of SSB3DS at the DKC:Tropical Freeze event in Vancouver and Toronto, or even anywhere else?

I believe that you're lying, Mr. ErenJager!
Confess to the crime of lying about a demo!
Oh boy, here we go with the Phoenix Wright stuff again.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I recognize the information is doubtful due to it's nature, and I actually have zero way of proving anything, the only thing I can say is put it in the back of your mind, and revisit it as information comes out, or in other words let time do its thing.

For people asking about tilts and move sets, i'm a casual gamer, actually I wouldn't even really call myself a gamer by any stretch.
I've had a lasting fondness of smash bros, pokemon, and dbz since childhood so i've always kinda stayed current with it, and used sites like this to get little nods of information.
When I was playing the demo I wasn't dissecting it, with the intention of regurgitating every little bit I saw.
I picked it up and wanted to beat my brother, and have a bit of fun.
I figured "hey, these guys might appreciate some info, I lurk it enough, ya know"
So I passed on a few notable things I remember during the match, some of which I ran by my brother to make sure was correct or coincided with what he remembered, in case I was wrong.
I didn't really play brawl, like I owned a copy but didn't nearly play it as much as melee or 64, different time in my life, didn't really play games as much. Like I don't even know what a tilt is, lol, needless to say i'm experiencing a bit of culture clash with you guys.

Take the information I gave you with a grain of salt, it's all you can and should do, frivolously debating and trying to debunk or prove it is rather silly.

I'm not offended or anything, like I get it, so if your reading this like i'm defensive, i'm really not, i'm just laying it all out on the line, like here's the information, take it as it is, what you get is what you get, simple, but like i've said it is what it is. I was just trying to be informative but if your taking it as like some conspiracy to debunk a wanted character, then just leave it alone lol, don't over think it.
Take what you can from it, and move on until it's relevant again I guess.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, to be fair.
We do consider all leaks guilty until proven innocent so...
And that's the problem. It's damn stupid to consider all leaks as guilty just for existing when we can just pile up the remotely possible ones (e.g. the ones not featuring Naruto) in a neutral gray zone where most will be tossed out eventually, but some might not be. That shouldn't be too much to ask for ideally, and yet, it seems positively Herculean in reality.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I recognize the information is doubtful due to it's nature, and I actually have zero way of proving anything, the only thing I can say is put it in the back of your mind, and revisit it as information comes out, or in other words let time do its thing.

For people asking about tilts and move sets, i'm a casual gamer, actually I wouldn't even really call myself a gamer by any stretch.
I've had a lasting fondness of smash bros, pokemon, and dbz since childhood so i've always kinda stayed current with it, and used sites like this to get little nods of information.
When I was playing the demo I wasn't dissecting it, with the intention of regurgitating every little bit I saw.
I figured "hey, these guys might appreciate some info, I lurk it enough, ya know"
So I passed on a few notable things I remember during the match, some of which I ran by my brother to make sure was correct or coincided with what he remembered, in case I was wrong.
I didn't really play brawl, like I owned a copy but didn't nearly play it as much as melee or 64, different time in my life, didn't really play games as much. Like I don't even know what a tilt is, lol, needless to say i'm experiencing a bit of culture clash with you guys.

Take the information I gave you with a grain of salt, it's all you can and should do, frivolously debating and trying to debunk or prove it is rather silly.

I'm not offended or anything, like I get it, so if your reading this like i'm defensive, i'm really not, i'm just laying it all out on the line, like here's the information, take it as it is, what you get is what you get, simple, but like i've said it is what it is. I was just trying to be informative but if your taking it as like some conspiracy to debunk a wanted character, then just leave it alone lol, don't over think it.
That's the problem. It's impossible to prove or disprove the hollow words you continue to give us. Because that's all they are. Hollow words. You have no evidence to prove what you're feeding us, but conversely, we have no evidence to disprove it, outside of the little info and the leaks we have. I still feel like you said Lady Palutena is an assist trophy to counter the leak of her, but I digress.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I didn't really play brawl, like I owned a copy but didn't nearly play it as much as melee or 64, different time in my life, didn't really play games as much.
Good, very good. Melee and 64 were the better games anyways.

So it doesn't seem like you're trying too hard to prove your point which to me just makes it seem like you know what you're talking about. I'll just follow your advice and remember what you said when stuff comes true (or not). It seems like you understand our situation of not being able to actually know if you're telling the truth. If a Palutena Assist trophy is revealed then I think we will know what the Villagers and Megamans final smashes are! :chuckle:
:happysheep:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Realistically, I don't know if there is a foolproof way. Honestly, the best way was the way they did it as spilling details you can't easily guess or dates that no one expects is information that isn't readily available and is great support for yourself but people still doubted them. For another example, the same thing happened with the Pokebeach leaks which had some people refuse to believe them for quite some time despite repeatedly getting information right, it was only towards the end that (almost) everyone got behind it.

So really, the best you can do is be as thorough as possible and hope people don't get on your back for it until what supports you starts coming in.

And that's the problem. It's damn stupid to consider all leaks as guilty just for existing when we can just pile up the remotely possible ones (e.g. the ones not featuring Naruto) in a neutral gray zone where most will be tossed out eventually, but some might not be. That shouldn't be too much to ask for ideally, and yet, it seems positively Herculean in reality.
The problem with that I'd imagine is that we have a good variance of even those type of leaks. It's hard to differentiate what's true when you can wade through the crap and still find some gold painted crap on the other side along with the jewelry. So in that sense, it's easy to become jaded with these leaks. It's not fair, but unfortunately when people are dealing with many leaks of varying quality even the one that's true is going to go through the same level of skepticism.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Gods, normally after this much pressing, the fakers crack...

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489

:( This makes me sad for some reason. Not that I'm defending this person, but if he is telling the truth, then it is the truth, you know? We're all just Smash fans like this dude, and if he is lying, he could want attention. But I'm not saying he is right or wrong if you understand what I'm saying. It's like, we'll know if all of this is true by this year, and we will be able to discuss how some of the leaks could have been true, while others were just plain out silly. This doesn't only apply for ErenJager, but it applies for all leaks and rumors. But because of this community, we can analyze leaks, and debunk them! And if we find a leak that is plausible, there will be if's, and buts kind of like this one, kind of like with that X and Y leak on one of these pages. In conclusion, we're all fans of Super Smash Brothers here, and if this person is telling the truth about the 3DS demo at the DK event, then thank you person for giving us tidbits of information you were able to remember.:)

*Got a little side-tracked, sorry. :p

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Basically if someone other than ErenJager can say there was a demo he would be believable.
Here's the thing about that:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Bros-Wii-U?p=25530369&viewfull=1#post25530369

Last weekend I was at Science World in Vancouver, and they had a playable demo version of this game on 3DS, along with Donkey Kong for wii U. I played the demo, it didnt have many characters programmed into yet, even ones already revealed. I was able to play as Megaman and got to use his final smash, he gets the rush armor upgrade, pretty neat.
It should be pointed out that Nintendo had an event at both SW and Toronto:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222308-...ropical-freeze-event-in-vancouver-and-toronto

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
@ ErenJager ErenJager , I understand that you might not remember everything from the demo if you have actually played it, but I have a few questions that are fairly simple even for a casual gamer like you.

1. Where specifically did you go when someone told you there was going to be a Smash demo? What building was it in, and did you see any employee of some sort from Nintendo?

2. What stage(s) did you battle on the Smash 3DS?

3. How long did you play for with your brother?

4. How many people were told about the Smash 3DS demo?

5. Do you have pictures of the Donkey Kong event at Science World to make your information credible?

6. And would you give us, the Smash community, a description of the weather conditions at the event if you remember?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know this may sound crazy, and you may think I'm lying but I'm not bc I'm not. So, last week me and Mew2king met at a bar, and I was lookin' hot as usual. Anyways, we get to making out, and to impress me he tells me a few things about Smash Bros 4.

- Mewtwo returns, and is "retwerked" (His phrasing IDK)
- Impa replaces Sheik, but it's fat Impa. Her final Smash is Big Booty Blast
- Roy, Chrom, and Luncina are added, they're all clones of Marth. Final Smashes are "Roy's Our Boy Barrage", "Crumb Crash" and "I'm not Marth"
- Dixie Kong is in, and she is also a boss, leaving no room for K Rool. to rep DK
- Sakurai added Ridley, but it's the cute white chicken Ridley. His final Smash is too big.
- Toon Link is getting cut soon
- Palutena and Medusa are a comical tag team. They don't always agree, but they're stuck with one another. The banter is great.
- Rosalina uses turnips, but it's cool because theyre space turnips.
- Sakurai actually uses 4chan a lot, and added Waluigi
- K Rool is the stage hazard at Pyrosphere.
- Captain Falcon says "Show your moves" after every attack

I hope you guys are happy. Now he won't text me back bc I'm a leeker. FML
Where's Diddy Kong when you need him?

D

Deleted member

Does this add or take away credibility from the LeakE3? I'm a bit tired and my mind's going crazy atm pls help
More; it shows that Sal Romano didn't just make a "lucky guess" like some delusional fools want to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom