• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
Does this add or take away credibility from the LeakE3? I'm a bit tired and my mind's going crazy atm pls help
Again, going back to the E3 leak, can someone answer my above question that I quoted?

Also, I doubt Nintendo would hold secret demos unless they're begging for there to be leaks of the game. I just wish they'd release a demo at E3 or something on the eShop to build up some hype.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Lets think for a moment that this demo is true and people beside developers have the chance to play it on its beta phase, that means that the game could come closer to june-july than most people think in this site, because most of them expect it to launch for october or november.

.n_n.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, I think if a demo was available we'd have more then just one account on it. While the details wouldn't be as groundbreaking as a new character, spare details like how stages work or move tweaks are sure to catch more attention and due to the internet that information would spread fast. Just having one person tell us about it seems odd, even if Nintendo asked them to keep quiet about it as that still wouldn't stop many.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
It's not like he confirmed any characters either, he possibly deconfirmed one which most people don't do unless they have it obvious in the roster or actual new info. Its just like the PortraitofRuin thing. Nothing but deconfirms. If Palutena is out, I'm wondering what this roster will look like. Sakurai has nothing left except retros if he is leaving out valid characters. I consider Palutena a pillar.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Again, going back to the E3 leak, can someone answer my above question that I quoted?

Also, I doubt Nintendo would hold secret demos unless they're begging for there to be leaks of the game. I just wish they'd release a demo at E3 or something on the eShop to build up some hype.
If you ask me the PrE3 leak is still fake. But I'm a skeptic and a pessimist when it comes to things like this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This whole demo at a Donkey Kong event is as ****ing fake as it comes. Come on now. ''Let's hold an event for our newly released Donkey Kong game. HEY KIDS WANNA PLAY SMASH BROTHERS?!"

Yeah, no.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are you guys seriously believing this? Are you kidding me? Some dude and his brother, two people fingered from a crowd because "they might like Smash Bros." get to play a demo, a TOP SECRET demo, of Smash at an unrelated event?

Not only that, but we learned zero new information. and anything that can be even remotely cobsidered that (FSs) is easily guessed. i cant think of a single suggestion that wasnt Bees or rush armor for MM and Erejeager himself seems to be doing all this simply to "disprove" the Palutena leak.

He brings up Toucan Sam to disprove it, as if they're even remotely in the same league of "leak".

That guy's so full of ****.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This whole demo at a Donkey Kong event is as ****ing fake as it comes. Come on now. ''Let's hold an event for our newly released Donkey Kong game. HEY KIDS WANNA PLAY SMASH BROTHERS?!"

Yeah, no.
And even then, should that have really happened by some stretch, who in their right minds would go with the people offering Smash Bros? That seems like a highly suspect situation to me.
Are you guys seriously believing this? Are you kidding me? Some dude and his brother, two people fingered from a crowd because "they might like Smash Bros." get to play a demo, a TOP SECRET demo, of Smash at an unrelated event?

Not only that, but we learned zero new information. and anything that can be even remotely cobsidered that (FSs) is easily guessed. i cant think of a single suggestion that wasnt Bees or rush armor for MM and Erejeager himself seems to be doing all this simply to "disprove" the Palutena leak.

He brings up Toucan Sam to disprove it, as if they're even remotely in the same league of "leak".

That guy's so full of ****.
Right. It's clear Mr. Eren here is only in it to try and "disprove" the Lady Palutena leak. And personally, I find that to be the main reason that he's full of ****.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Just seems really random to have a Smash demo at a Donkey Kong try-out.
that, and the fact they would totally let media outlets and journalists get a crack at it before anyone in the public. I know gamexplain got an invite to the nintendo tree house to play DKCTF, and id assume they would do that sort of scenario far before they would let it out of their closed environment. I think a playable version will be at e3, but that will probably be as far as it goes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
that, and the fact they would totally let media outlets and journalists get a crack at it before anyone in the public. I know gamexplain got an invite to the nintendo tree house to play DKCTF, and id assume they would do that sort of scenario far before they would let it out of their closed environment. I think a playable version will be at e3, but that will probably be as far as it goes.
I can see maybe a playable select Best Buy locations type demo for Smash like there was with Mario Kart 8 come E3, but other than that a mass demo for the public has very slim chances of happening.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I can see maybe a playable select Best Buy locations type demo for Smash like there was with Mario Kart 8 come E3, but other than that a mass demo for the public has very slim chances of happening.
It was a random selection of people who went to science world who happened to play DK and they were asked to play in a private area. How else could they have a set up for no pictures?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
And even then, should that have really happened by some stretch, who in their right minds would go with the people offering Smash Bros? That seems like a highly suspect situation to me.

Right. It's clear Mr. Eren here is only in it to try and "disprove" the Lady Palutena leak. And personally, I find that to be the main reason that he's full of ****.
Ah yes, the Palutena fans are up in arms. This will be a fun night. Or maybe I won't stick around. Anyway, the demo leak is unbelievable, mostly because I would think Gamexplain would get the demo again, considering how much they are covering it. For a demo, we'd probably get 12 playable characters:
Mario
Bowser
Link
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Samus(minus ZSS)
Pikachu
Fox
Olimar
Pit
Marth
Villager

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ah yes, the Palutena fans are up in arms. This will be a fun night. Or maybe I won't stick around. Anyway, the demo leak is unbelievable, mostly because I would think Gamexplain would get the demo again, considering how much they are covering it. For a demo, we'd probably get 12 playable characters:
Mario
Bowser
Link
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Samus(minus ZSS)
Pikachu
Fox
Olimar
Pit
Marth
Villager
I'd probably say throw in at least one new character and we're good.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
What I mean is a character that we haven't seen before. Possibly a newcomer.
I guess Ness or Wario, because I can't see windows for them to be revealed before release date, unless they are revealed randomly.
So many R's, must be at a pirate movie.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
This. Sometimes leaks are fake, but sometimes people get so desperate to disagree with them, for not being what they wanted, that they see things where there's none. It was the same thing with greninja, the gen V starters and the brawl roster.
Agreed totally. I keep seeing these leaks for Palutena and people claiming they're fake, and I don't see it at all. They look real enough to me, and the poses, composition, and everything look too good to be fake. Heck, people keep saying Mario looks "smoother" or "shorter" than he does in the game, and that makes no sense to me because he's not consistently standing still, so he won't consistently look the exact same.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It was a random selection of people who went to science world who happened to play DK and they were asked to play in a private area. How else could they have a set up for no pictures?
Yeah. Still no. ''Let's detract from Donkey Kong by pulling random people to play our killer most hyped game of the year."

You honestly think Nintendo is going to do that at an event designed to sell another game? No. Just no.

That's like a studio having a showing for a small independent film then pulling a select few out to watch their summer blockbuster sequel instead. It's not happening. Makes no sense.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I saw what I saw, I heard what I heard.
I shared my experience with you guys, and your blowing it way out of portion.
It is, what it is, let time do it's thing.

I believe the images of Palutena are fake based on my own findings online, and what i've heard from some 17 year odd kid at a demo.
You'll believe something different based on your findings and experiences.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I believe the images of Palutena are fake based on my own findings online, and what i've heard from some 17 year odd kid at a demo.
Let's face it.
There's just too much against this.
Unless there's something that will make all this convincing. It is kinda justified to have doubt.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

The fact that you have a tone that reads of a defensive nature tells me all I really need to know.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

You may as well leave if you don't have any more information. If you know anything else, tell us before you damage your credibility even more.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The fact that you have a tone that reads of a defensive nature tells me all I really need to know.
Not to me. I mean what would you do in the situation? Everyone on this thread is kinda treating this guy like garbage right now. Whether the leak is real or not anyone would sound defensive when theres 100 people against you. I really hope this doesn't end up like the ChaosZero situation. I don't believe what he's saying simply because there isn't enough evidence. But I think that there is a warrant to what he is saying. It could happen in theory. But it is out of the norm. If we could treat this guy with respect he could be more inclined to not want to troll us if he is lying(or maybe I just don't know trolls). We don't have to believe him and we don't need to all gang up on him.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

You have to consider the circumstances around your information: You're telling us that you played a demo at a event, which aside from another user no one else has reported any similar situations of the sort to support it. Plus, you're telling us that you think Palutena is an AT based on a second-hand account (who could easily be lying for that matter) and that the picture is fake. Place that against the Palutena pictures which despite our best efforts hasn't been concretely debunked despite having our best take a crack at it.

You can see why many are very skeptical of this information. Your leak doesn't have as much support or backing to it and can be riddled with holes while the pictures have good reason to be believed at this point in time. We're not trying to be jerks, but we have to be thorough and right now without enough information, we can't really believe it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Not to me. I mean what would you do in the situation? Everyone on this thread is kinda treating this guy like garbage right now. Whether the leak is real or not anyone would sound defensive when theres 100 people against you. I really hope this doesn't end up like the ChaosZero situation. I don't believe what he's saying simply because there isn't enough evidence. But I think that there is a warrant to what he is saying. It could happen in theory. But it is out of the norm. If we could treat this guy with respect he could be more inclined to not want to troll us. We don't have to believe him but we don't need to all gang up on him.
Okay, but no one's treated him anywhere remotely like they treated ChaosZero. Not even slightly.

To me if you know you're right, if you know you're telling the truth and someone calls you a bluff? You don't care. You don't get defensive. Because you have no reason to get into a fight, because in time? You'll have the satisfaction of knowing that those that called your bluff will be the assholes.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

It would be more believable if you came up with something like "My friend works at Namco Bandai and he told me" or something, but we'll see if your right or not when we get more info from nintendo themselves.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

So the things that you see about the Palutena leak being fake. Are they things you've seen on this thread. You've stated before that you lurk here. Are the things that you've seen about the Palutena leak the same things we have? I guess that coupled with someone who has seen the assist trophy saying their fake would have me thinking it's a fake too. But do you mind bringing what you've seen about it to this thread? Have you posted about this demo to other websites? Can you name them for us? or give some links?

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
And i never said that it discredited your statement. I wanted to clarify that they were both joke threads, and that one didn't even specify the wii fit trainer. If you don't tell the complete truth, then you might as well lie.

Also: it's ironic how you go to lengths to prove that somebody suggested wft when people say nobody did, but then you say everybody expected an ac rep.
By "go to lengths", do you mean that I told someone to dig through the thread to find somebody else's post that found the threads? Because if not, you have low standards for measuring the amount of work I'm doing to prove anything.

Also when I read the thread, it was the Wii fit trainer starts off as obese and then gets thinner as time moves on. I'm still reasonably certain that that's exactly what it said, because the other character would just be your Mii, correct?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So many pedo jokes... :ohwell:

Anyway, Palutena as an AT? Haha, no. She's from Sakurai's latest project, is the secondary main character of her franchise, is a female (which Sakurai stressed he wants to add more of), not to mention all the hinting he's been alluding towards lately.

Bottom line, she more then likely is gonna be playable more then anything else.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Taking Palutena out of Pit's Final Smash just to make her an AT makes no sense to me. She's got to be playable, assuming the leak is true.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
By "go to lengths", do you mean that I told someone to dig through the thread to find somebody else's post that found the threads? Because if not, you have low standards for measuring the amount of work I'm doing to prove anything.

Also when I read the thread, it was the Wii fit trainer starts off as obese and then gets thinner as time moves on. I'm still reasonably certain that that's exactly what it said, because the other character would just be your Mii, correct?
I meant go to the lengths as in actually reply to clarify the statement, when you use basically the same generalizations you're disproving.

It was listed as "wii fit character" with the quote "Start off fat and slow, the more you jump and move the faster/skinnier you become". Wii fit trainers were never fat or slow, but the miis were, so he was likely referring to the miis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom