• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
You said that "everyone" expected animal crossing characters, when disproving that "nobody" guessed the wii fit trainer. I'm saying that not everyone guessed an animal crossing rep, with some people just not expecting it and others remembering Sakurai saying that the villager wasn't smash worthy.

If you want to debate semantics, have at thee. "Everyone" was not meant to be taken literally. I was generalizing and saying that it widely expected or predicted that there would be an Animal Crossing rep. "Nobody" in reference to Wii Fit Trainer was not posited by me. It was posited by people who believed a guess of Wii Fit Trainer was only possible by some sort of divine intervention, and was meant to be taken literally. To disprove the literal interpretation of "nobody" all I had to do was show that "somebody" did guess her long before. That was done a while back.

It is important to note that I was literally asked to do just that, find a thread where someone asked for Wii Fit Trainer. That's been done.

Anything else?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_group (someone pointed this out in regards to AttackOnTitan guy)
Just my two cents:
This is turning into Nyasenya/35 roster leak again. People are applying their own logic and perspective to a situation where it shan't be. At first I even immediately saw it as fake simply because of the Palutena leak, a long with most leaks (where .5% are right) listed her as a character. This isn't the first time Sakurai's team has had differing views contrasting the fan's views roster wise, which is why I think it might be real (sadly). If Palutenas and Assist Trophy, it's because Pit got a new final smash in correlation with Kid Icarus:Uprising like the rest of his move set. Hypothetically speaking of course, Sakurai would still want to include her in some way similar to Little Mac's status in brawl for the fans (which again, angered a lot of fans). Hoping it's just a dumb faker, but i'll still be viewing this as I view most leaks.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't really understand why Palutena couldn't still be apart of Pit's FS, even if they changed it. Posting what I said in the other thread:

The Final Strike segment required the help of Palutena to power the GST's remaining cannon. I could see her appearing in the background, charging it up, and letting Pit use one final, fatal blast like he did against Hades at the end of Uprising.

Having her still involved in Pit's FS would a better way of representing how the two work together rather than a random AT anyone can use.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Lolo you didn't make that did you? You seem to post about it a lot as well as always be the first one to bring it up. I certainly hope you aren't yanking our tails here. And it seems like you created the name of "Angry Rumor". This line in general already says that this is a smashboard user. "Yesterday my friend saw on the internet some people talking about our informations on a website about ssb ,he read all the posts and he liked that they were talking about him ,so he gave me some other little informations for our Angry Rumor (that's the name that they gave to our informations)" Not to be rude in any way, but I know english isn't your first language, and that is how the diction in this topic sounds like. "ssb4 informations"

I just want to make sure is all. Anyways, sounds like a narcissist who enjoys hearing a group of people talk about him, so I'm not paying any mind to this leak for now on.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Lolo you didn't make that did you? You seem to post about it a lot as well as always be the first one to bring it up. I certainly hope you aren't yanking our tails here. And it seems like you created the name of "Angry Rumor". This line in general already says that this is a smashboard user. "Yesterday my friend saw on the internet some people talking about our informations on a website about ssb ,he read all the posts and he liked that they were talking about him ,so he gave me some other little informations for our Angry Rumor (that's the name that they gave to our informations)" Not to be rude in any way, but I know english isn't your first language, and that is how the diction in this topic sounds like. "ssb4 informations"

I just want to make sure is all. Anyways, sounds like a narcissist who enjoys hearing a group of people talk about him, so I'm not paying any mind to this leak for now on.
yes I wrote about this rumor first and I called it Angry Rumor just for fun (then someone started to call it with that name) but I DID NOT write the first post and this second one !
The first one is possible but the second isn't ... probably someone from this forum wrote the second one but NOT ME
but who knows ? maybe who wrote the first wrote also the second

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm 100% sure that sakurai is aware of the leaks and he changed the reveal date of dinnkey kang just to "disprove" them.
I find that hard to believe.

From a speculator's point of view, as much as it's avoidable, Diddy was probably revealed after Mac because of that one screenshot they're in together.

In other words, speculation about why Diddy was released later is all going to be silly.

Carry on.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
yes I wrote about this rumor first and I called it Angry Rumor just for fun (then someone started to call it with that name) but I DID NOT write the first post and this second one !
The first one is possible but the second isn't ... probably someone from this forum wrote the second one but NOT ME
but who knows ? maybe who wrote the first wrote also the second
Oh okay. Thank you for clearing that up. I guess we can still watch this one a little bit then in that case. It's the same guy for sure, and he watches forums too..

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Oh okay. Thank you for clearing that up. I guess we can still watch this one a little bit then in that case. It's the same guy for sure, and he watches forums too..
thank you ;)
about the grammar mistakes ... I think they're Japanese because one of them is working on SSB4 so English isn't their first Language ...

but I started to think it's fake

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I'm 100% sure that sakurai is aware of the leaks and he changed the reveal date of dinnkey kang just to "disprove" them.
Why do people insist on thinking they change their whole agenda because of leaks on North American fansites thats hold no significance? When will you people get it through your heads that you just do not matter to them?

There is honestly no point to deconfirming rumors anymore. Every time it is just met with "Plans changed!!!".

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
If you want to debate semantics, have at thee. "Everyone" was not meant to be taken literally. I was generalizing and saying that it widely expected or predicted that there would be an Animal Crossing rep. "Nobody" in reference to Wii Fit Trainer was not posited by me. It was posited by people who believed a guess of Wii Fit Trainer was only possible by some sort of divine intervention, and was meant to be taken literally. To disprove the literal interpretation of "nobody" all I had to do was show that "somebody" did guess her long before. That was done a while back.

It is important to note that I was literally asked to do just that, find a thread where someone asked for Wii Fit Trainer. That's been done.

Anything else?
And how do you know the thoughts of said people? for all you know they meant that nobody was a generalization as well. Of course a person or two will ask for the wii fit trainer, it's a given. The point is that the number is so small that it's just barely above "nobody", that guessing her and 3 other characters (so far) and is a far more implausible explanation aside from the person getting tipped off. Heck, Golden has already proven that he hasn't just guessed.

For example, the person you responded to did not say literally nobody guessed her, he said "no one saw coming or gave a serious thought to" He was likely referring to the articles you referenced when saying "nobody" gave a serious thought, as they were both joke threads. You can't argue that you didn't mean absolutely everybody when you said "everybody" when you have no idea if he meant absolutely nobody when he said "no one".

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Why do people insist on thinking they change their whole agenda because of leaks on North American fansites thats hold no significance? When will you people get it through your heads that you just do not matter to them?

There is honestly no point to deconfirming rumors anymore. Every time it is just met with "Plans changed!!!".
See, it makes sense around E3 that something should change last minute, since it's a very hectic time. Sometimes things change VERY last minute, like when Retro was supposed to show their game at E3 but didn't which resulted in Nintendo pulling out their 3DS information during the Wii U conference (there was supposed to be an entirely separate conference for 3DS stuff, and there was, but due to such drastic last minute changes, all the info was already revealed during the first conference).... and of course Nintendo Land fireworks... gotta love them fireworks.

Any time else, things are lax enough where last minute plan changes just don't make sense, but around E3... oh yeah... it's hectic, stuff changes.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
See, it makes sense around E3 that something should change last minute, since it's a very hectic time. Sometimes things change VERY last minute, like when Retro was supposed to show their game at E3 but didn't which resulted in Nintendo pulling out their 3DS information during the Wii U conference (there was supposed to be an entirely separate conference for 3DS stuff, and there was, but due to such drastic last minute changes, all the info was already revealed during the first conference).... and of course Nintendo Land fireworks... gotta love them fireworks.

Any time else, things are lax enough where last minute plan changes just don't make sense, but around E3... oh yeah... it's hectic, stuff changes.
Exhibit A of the delusional people on this board

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Exhibit A of the delusional people on this board
Just saying. It is possible around E3. Is it the answer to each and every thing ever? No. Many times, especially in the run up to E3, it's just dudes on the Internet looking for their 15 minutes of Internet fame by stating to know everything. Occasionally it does happen, though. But do I believe that Diddy Kong was meant to be shown before Little Mac and that somehow Sakurai is lurking these threads and decided to switch around the reveal date with absolutely no other intention than to play with all of our minds in the middle of February? No. No I do not. That would be just silly.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The ONLY problem I have with the angry rumor is that it is really general. I'm not talking about dates, I'm talking about how it might be based off other leaks.

Little Mac was correct. Ridley actually might be a plausible newcomer and Palutena has a popular leak already.

Though Mallo would be an awesome assist trophy :3

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
The ONLY problem I have with the angry rumor is that it is really general. I'm not talking about dates, I'm talking about how it might be based off other leaks.

Little Mac was correct. Ridley actually might be a plausible newcomer and Palutena has a popular leak already.

Though Mallo would be an awesome assist trophy :3

I doubt that rumour is true but it is more likely than most of the rumours i have seen

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I would be okay if the Angry Rumor was real. Too bad we won't be able to actually start getting hype for leaks until the real ones that come around 2-3 months before the game's release appear.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I don't really understand why Palutena couldn't still be apart of Pit's FS, even if they changed it. Posting what I said in the other thread:

The Final Strike segment required the help of Palutena to power the GST's remaining cannon. I could see her appearing in the background, charging it up, and letting Pit use one final, fatal blast like he did against Hades at the end of Uprising.

Having her still involved in Pit's FS would a better way of representing how the two work together rather than a random AT anyone can use.
Agreed, but hypothetically speaking, Sakurai may feel that her being an AT would better suit the character now rather then the FS. If she's an AT then she would play a more direct role in helping Pit and fight alongside him rather then just summoning her army or being in the background for that strike. Another thing to consider is that if Pit has been revamped Sakurai may've wanted a new FS for him and moved her to another role because he wanted a bit more then just being in the background, particularly with her popularity.

Personally I hope she's not, but that is a possibility until we get an AT on the 3DS to compare.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Any third party that is not named Pac-Man or Snake. :p
Kawashima should kill leaks completely.
Yeah, adding Kawashima is like adding Mike Tyson. It's a real person, so not only can they sue, they also don't fit into Smash requirements.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Regarding this rumour

Little Mac is playable and the ring is his stage (my friend was right about it)
Ridley is playable and a stage hazard (Masahiro wants to show before the hazard) - I could see that work but only if the playable Ridley was normal ridley and the stage hazard was Meta Ridley
Palutena is playable
King K Rool isn't playable - A bit Dissapointed but also expected. King K Rool hasn't be really that relevent lately
Geno isn't playable - Predictable
Sami (advance wars) is an assist trophy - Possible as well but i wonder if this means that Andy will be playable
Primid is an assist trophy - Who?
Pokemon Stadium 3 is a stage (fairy type appears) - I wonder what the Fairy Type stage is going to look like
Miiverse is a stage - How is this going to work?
Nintendo Land is a stage - I am really exicted to see how this is going to work out..
There will be a playable character from a Nintendo E-Shop series ... my friends said that Dillon and Tempo are possible but not sure - I bet it will be Dillion.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Agreed, but hypothetically speaking, Sakurai may feel that her being an AT would better suit the character now rather then the FS. If she's an AT then she would play a more direct role in helping Pit and fight alongside him rather then just summoning her army or being in the background for that strike. Another thing to consider is that if Pit has been revamped Sakurai may've wanted a new FS for him and moved her to another role because he wanted a bit more then just being in the background, particularly with her popularity.

Personally I hope she's not, but that is a possibility until we get an AT on the 3DS to compare.
What i'm curious about is what they would do with the inevitable smash taunts on the KI stage. It just doesn't seem right to me to have Pit and Palutena talk about something, only for Mario on the other side of the stage summoning her to attack Pit. Andross and Grey Fox were both AT characters in Brawl and neither of them were featured in any of the smash taunts for their respective series.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley is playable and a stage hazard (Masahiro wants to show before the hazard) - I could see that work but only if the playable Ridley was normal ridley and the stage hazard was Meta Ridley
If we're going that route, making Other M Ridley the hazard would make more sense. The Other M Ridley is a clone of the original Ridley, which would make it possible for regular Ridley to appear as a playable character. Meanwhile Meta Ridley is the same Ridley as the original one, so it'd make less sense to include him as the hazard, especially in a Other M stage.

Also, regarding Angry Rumor v2: SR388 would be such a wicked cool stage. I never believed the leak to begin with though, and I believe this second coming of it even less since it's probably not even the same person.

Last edited:

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
SR388 WOULD be awesome...and I suppose it would be the 3DS-exclusive stage since it's from a handheld title? I'm just picturing Arachnus and the Metroid Queen coming in as stage hazards and knocking people around, haha. Yeah, it's probably a fake leak...but that stage would definitely be a cool idea that I hope gets incorporated into the game.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wouldn't mind that scenario, I'd like for Palutena and Ridley to be in and the stage ideas sound really interesting (such as SR388). Having said that, I would be disappointed with the lack of King K. Rool.

What i'm curious about is what they would do with the inevitable smash taunts on the KI stage. It just doesn't seem right to me to have Pit and Palutena talk about something, only for Mario on the other side of the stage summoning her to attack Pit. Andross and Grey Fox were both AT characters in Brawl and neither of them were featured in any of the smash taunts for their respective series.
The thing is though we don't know if they're doing that, reasonably they should but they could always keep it exclusive to Star Fox (and potentially Metal Gear). Also, they could have a special conversation when Palutena pops up as an AT.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
It may be a bit off, but the Lylat Cruise Smash Taunt conversations went on regardless of what Star Fox characters were on the stage. Falco would continue holding his conversation addressing Star Wolf whilst also fighting Fox one on one. It isn't ENTIRELY impossible that an Assist Trophy could be treated the same way.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I have my doubts on that rumor and not because of the character choices. Namely the fact that we already have a Mii stage on both the WiiU and 3DS. I consider Pilotwings to be a Mii game due to the Wuhu Resort/Miis represent you. I don't see any new franchise getting more than one stage right now.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I have my doubts on that rumor and not because of the character choices. Namely the fact that we already have a Mii stage on both the WiiU and 3DS. I consider Pilotwings to be a Mii game due to the Wuhu Resort/Miis represent you. I don't see any new franchise getting more than one stage right now.
Though it may be entirely possible that there are stages that do not have a playable character to represent them. Brawl had not only an Animal Crossing stage, but an Electroplankton stage too. There were no playable characters to accompany these stages, these stages merely existed.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Though it may be entirely possible that there are stages that do not have a playable character to represent them. Brawl had not only an Animal Crossing stage, but an Electroplankton stage too. There were no playable characters to accompany these stages, these stages merely existed.
You do have a point. They could be considered unique and not... All right. I'll stay my opinion this time.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I think we need to keep on Nintendo events in the future. just in case theres anything...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Regarding this rumour

Little Mac is playable and the ring is his stage (my friend was right about it)
Palutena is playable
King K Rool isn't playable - A bit Dissapointed but also expected. King K Rool hasn't be really that relevent lately
Geno isn't playable - Predictable
Sami (advance wars) is an assist trophy - Possible as well but i wonder if this means that Andy will be playable
Primid is an assist trophy - Who?
Pokemon Stadium 3 is a stage (fairy type appears) - I wonder what the Fairy Type stage is going to look like
Miiverse is a stage - How is this going to work?
Nintendo Land is a stage - I am really exicted to see how this is going to work out..
There will be a playable character from a Nintendo E-Shop series ... my friends said that Dillon and Tempo are possible but not sure - I bet it will be Dillion.
Primids were the common enemy during Subspace Emissary.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, adding Kawashima is like adding Mike Tyson. It's a real person, so not only can they sue, they also don't fit into Smash requirements.
Here we go again with the real life problem :rolleyes:, who cares if he's based on specifically a real person, it's his uniqueness that's probably going have him in the main roster.

Some stages don't automatically hint characters obviously. :9

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Here we go again with the real life problem :rolleyes:, who cares if he's based on specifically a real person, it's his uniqueness that's probably going have him in the main roster.
Contracts. That's the reason, Blue. Kawashima required a lot of paperwork as did Tyson, and we'd likely see some information regarding a public deal. Even worse is if the contract ran out, then they'd have to pull or heavily alter the game to not void the deal. Do we want another Mr. Dream?

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
So I decided to make a roster for each of the leaks, so it would be visually earier to analyze them, as we're so used to seeing rosters, so it will help determine what some consider to actually be likely, and what some don't. I only did the playable character focused live ones. If the amount didn't fit, I put a SSB Character icon, as in random.

Betternet Leak
View attachment 9076

It's not letting me upload two, I'll try to edit the rest in.
EDIT: looks like I can only post one at a time. To avoid a double post, I'm going to wait for some other comments to post them
E Gadd Leak
E Gadd Leak Roster.png

I'll continue posting leak rosters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom