• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'm just going to throw this out there. An anonymous person told SalRomano 6 newcomers. He probably automatically assumed that they would be revealed at E3 due to the user telling him about a week before. He posted the 6 newcomers, claiming that they were "predictions" so that he wouldn't hurt his website's credibility. When Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Megaman were revealed, he realized that this source could be legit, so he revealed that this anonymous person had told him.

What I'm trying to say is that SalRomano proabably assumed that they would be revealed at E3, when the anonymous person that told him never specified a date.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
That's not common sense, that's wish fulfillment.

Everyone was expecting an Animal Crossing rep.

People had asked for her inclusion. She was not highly requested, but that's irrelevant. She was requested before. The fact that you try to qualify your statement with "serious thought" shows how far you'll go to protect a "leak" that's already been proven false.

Along with everyone in the world. And a week before E3, Nintendo just ditched all their plans, made an all new trailer for the game, covered up Punch-Out logos, decided to create a new trailer for Rosalina, and a new trailer for Little Mac. Seems legit. Which was the leak. He said "these characters will be shown at E3." That never occurred. Simple. He never knew it in the first place.
here's my argument for the people who claim its fake because of the fact they weren't released at e3;
If that Diddy Kong image really was taken on a earlier version, that proves that they can change who they reveal anytime they want.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman

People had asked for her inclusion. She was not highly requested, but that's irrelevant. She was requested before. The fact that you try to qualify your statement with "serious thought" shows how far you'll go to protect a "leak" that's already been proven false.

Along with everyone in the world. And a week before E3, Nintendo just ditched all their plans, made an all new trailer for the game, covered up Punch-Out logos, decided to create a new trailer for Rosalina, and a new trailer for Little Mac. Seems legit. Which was the leak. He said "these characters will be shown at E3." That never occurred. Simple. He never knew it in the first place.
here's my argument for the people who claim its fake because of the fact they weren't released at e3;
If that Diddy Kong image really was taken on a earlier version, that proves that they can change who they reveal anytime they want.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm just going to throw this out there. An anonymous person told SalRomano 6 newcomers. He probably automatically assumed that they would be revealed at E3 due to the user telling him about a week before. He posted the 6 newcomers, claiming that they were "predictions" so that he wouldn't hurt his website's credibility. When Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Megaman were revealed, he realized that this source could be legit, so he revealed that this anonymous person had told him.

What I'm trying to say is that SalRomano proabably assumed that they would be revealed at E3, when the anonymous person that told him never specified a date.
That's actually a very plausible theory.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
After doing some research i'm going to go out on a limb and say the Palutena pic'(s) are fake.
Seeing a thread discuss the visual differences between the statue, most notably the shield missing the dangling chain/ ornament.
Furthermore seeing how easily it is to create a faked image ie, tucan sam.
And lastly the guy at the demo who said he saw her as an AT, he could have been lying, but I highly doubt he would randomly lie to my face for no reason.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Dates for reveals can always be changed, that's why you can't judge leaks by their supposed reveal dates. I mean, if the leak heavily relies on it you have to, but things can always change so you just can't disregard leaks for small errors in reveal dates.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
1. It's exponentially more difficult to make a CG trailer than take a screenshot. To say that Nintendo halted all plans and made new stuff a week before the reveal, for absolutely no reason, is asking for a lot more suspension of disbelief.
2. Not it doesn't, as they likely have been taking screenshots of the game since they started development.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
After doing some research i'm going to go out on a limb and say the Palutena pic'(s) are fake.
Seeing a thread discuss the visual differences between the statue, most notably the shield missing the dangling chain/ ornament.
Furthermore seeing how easily it is to create a faked image ie, tucan sam.
And lastly the guy at the demo who said he saw her as an AT, he could have been lying, but I highly doubt he would randomly lie to my face for no reason.
A limb many people go out on, to be honest. :laugh:

About the dangling ornament on her shield, she could easily be holding it. She does it in Brawl, and during her boss fight in Uprising. Also, I can't believe I'm actually talking about that Toucan Sam leak, but that was clearly taken from something else, where Lady Palutena wasn't.

Furthermore, what if the dude who told you she was an assist trophy knew about this leak, and lied about her being an AT to purposefully try to counter it and get people to doubt it?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dates for reveals can always be changed, that's why you can't judge leaks by their supposed reveal dates. I mean, if the leak heavily relies on it you have to, but things can always change so you just can't disregard leaks for small errors in reveal dates.
Do you have any idea how many "leaks" we have announced fake would still be "valid" if we gave them such a chance? Not to mention it would be MUCH harder to judge future leaks just because we couldn't find an existing trend they make.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any idea how many "leaks" we have announced fake would still be "valid" if we gave them such a chance? Not to mention it would be MUCH harder to judge future leaks just because we couldn't find an existing trend they make.
That might be true, but our most believable leaks are in the unconfirmed bin right now for reasons that could've been caused by circumstances. I think we just need another category between fake and live. Like an inaccurate category where we can keep track of leaks that had these weak errors in them. I just don't believe in de-confirming leaks just for some date.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Please, find one, just one person that predicted Wii Fit trainer pre-E3. Haven't seen on person come up with this yet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Who the hell were you expecting then?
Not a character who was not going to be added (as far as we knew).

Like Hero said, Tom Nook IF anyone. If you weren't here prior to the reveals, realize speculation was a lot different then.

fill

20EggsEggs
Please, find one, just one person that predicted Wii Fit trainer pre-E3. Haven't seen on person come up with this yet.
i bet there is at least that one forum lurker that thought to himself, yeah wii fit trainer would be funny, no one would expect it...and then crapped himself once the reveal happened

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Tom Nook if anyone.
That's like saying: Hey, let's add a recurrent character before the protagonist.

You guys probably won't believe me but when I was a preteenager back in the Brawl days I wanted/imagined that Villager would be the one playable and it bugged me he wan't in Brawl, I didn't even considered Tom Nook.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
If I had to make a prediction on who and when newcomers will be revealed (Not specific dates)

Palutena will be the next reveal in roughly a month or two.

Last pre-e3 newcomer will be Takamaru.

And 3 more newcomers for E3, and I'll go on a limb here:
-Chrom
-Pac Man
-Dixie Kong

Also, I believe they'll hide some characters for us to find out which are:
-Mewtwo (Not a newcomer but, some people regard him as one)
-Tom Nook
-King K Rool (Perfect WTF moment for fans)
-Ridley (Perfect WTF moment for fans)

So my predictions:
-Palutena
-Takamaru
-Chrom
-Pac Man
-Dixie Kong
-Mewtwo (secret)
-Tom Nook (secret)
-King K Rool (secret)
-Ridley (secret)

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Someone posted two separate threads specifically asking for Wii fit Trainer. Specifically the female as well. You're free to dig through the thread to find it.
No, good sir not everyone was. Especially not ACV.
Most people I know that wanted an Animal Crossing rep were saying Villager, the rest Tom Nook. That said, how would Tom Nook be easier to make a character out of than Villager?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
thats who i would have picked, im not disappointed with villager tho
Villager's a good choice, especially if we get a female Villager alt.

Not a character who was not going to be added (as far as we knew).

Like Hero said, Tom Nook IF anyone. If you weren't here prior to the reveals, realize speculation was a lot different then.
Yeah, we need to remember that after Brawl, Sakurai said that an Animal Crossing character was deemed unfit for Smash because the series is so peaceful. Most people took that to mean we weren't getting one.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Bros-Wii-U?p=25530369&viewfull=1#post25530369

So I found this... I find it fishy since it sounds so similar to something that cropped up here earlier this week.

"Last weekend I was at Science World in Vancouver, and they had a playable demo version of this game on 3DS, along with Donkey Kong for wii U. I played the demo, it didnt have many characters programmed into yet, even ones already revealed. I was able to play as Megaman and got to use his final smash, he gets the rush armor upgrade, pretty neat."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's not about who would be an easier character, it's about what we were informed about the series at the time

andimidna

Smash Master

"Leak could be true if what if scenario A, what if scenario B, what if scenario C, and what if scenario D happened"
You're putting way too many unlikely scenarios in this crazy look at the leak.
So how about this: Why has this accurate, anonymous leaker never been quoted? Just a short description. Who is he? What's HIS credibility?
And most importantly, where's the proof that he exists?
I doubt all of those odd ideas could've happened. I doubt there was any assumption in the time shown, but he was so careful of useless credibility. I say useless as he posted a different prediction/leak about e3 which was wrong.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hooray for Diddy Kong! I didn't figure we'd get two new character updates in just a little over a week, but we did. 24 characters now, and they haven't even said a release date. Makes me wonder how many will be in and how many will be secret if they're going this full-on. Heck, back before Brawl came out and they were updating the Dojo, they only revealed 25 characters before the game came out. SSB4's roster is looking pretty sweet.

Also, I don't understand the Pac-Man hate at all. Can people give some reasons as to why they're so opposed to him, and actually back them up with a sound argument other than "I don't like him" or "he only belongs in a maze as a 2D circle"? Seriously, he is one of the most influential characters in all of gaming history, almost debatably moreso than Mario. Pac-Man is one of the most well-known mascots of all time and has fans young and old. Why the hate?
Every time I said I don't want him in the game I cite how badly he traumatized me in SFxTekken.

In other words I'm joking and I don't care either way.
I don't get why other people are so against it either.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
No clue if anyone ever brought this up but....

Fake?

Last edited:
Remember when X and Y leaked and people were like

Yeah, can't look too deep.
Was this leaked when it was close to release? If so then yeah, major denial.

I was thinking that maybe the guy who made the guesses probably seen the trailer before hand, though improbable, it is possible. He guessed Little Mac because it was obvious, Mii because it's Nintendo and they've been shoving it in everything, and Pac Man because it's Namco Bandai.

That's the way I see it.

andimidna

Smash Master
Do you know how many leaks would rise from the grave if we went on the assumption that release dates don't count?!
What if a character was considered around the time of a leak, but was implemented as an assist?! Should we consider every leak alive just because of unlikely what if scenarios?! Technically, Skull Kid could have been being considered for a playable spot back in early 2012. So any leak that stated he was playable could be true, as they might have thought they'd go through with their current plans.
This scenario is just as crazy as the ones being made for the leaky 3.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Bros-Wii-U?p=25530369&viewfull=1#post25530369

So I found this... I find it fishy since it sounds so similar to something that cropped up here earlier this week.

"Last weekend I was at Science World in Vancouver, and they had a playable demo version of this game on 3DS, along with Donkey Kong for wii U. I played the demo, it didnt have many characters programmed into yet, even ones already revealed. I was able to play as Megaman and got to use his final smash, he gets the rush armor upgrade, pretty neat."
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222308-...ropical-freeze-event-in-vancouver-and-toronto

So the DK event was in both locations.

But why would they even have playable Smash Bros demos in this stage of development, and why would they just let random joes play it.

Dan

Smash Lord
No clue if anyone ever brought this up but....

Fake?
They are fake. Missing time/stock. Number fonts don't match. That Pikachu picture is ripped from something else. Has already been discussed in this thread. Not sure what's up with that first pic though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom