• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not exactly a "leak", anyway.

More or less a bold prediction that Snake will be revealed the day Phantom Pain comes out.

Staarih

Smash Master
I personally would love to see Snake get revealed then, but promoting a game which isn't for a Nintendo platform seems unreasonable. And there's still a high possibility of Snake being cut. But it looks like March may be bigger than it seems (Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party: Island Tour, Pokémon Battle Trozei, Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes... and I think some say Metroid anniversary as well), all of them being viable options for character reveals.

Last edited:

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
I personally would love to see Snake get revealed then, but promoting a game which isn't for a Nintendo platform seems unreasonable. And there's still a high possibility of Snake being cut. But it looks like March may be bigger than it seems (Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party: Island Tour, Pokémon Battle Trozei, Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes... and I think some say Metroid anniversary as well), all of them being viable options for character reveals.
Take all conversations of Snake on the Snake thread I think Snake will be cut too Nintendo and Konami aren't exactly friends and Snake hasn't shown up on a Nintendo console in a while

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As of right now, the closest leak we have is the Betternet Roster leak, atleast in my opinion. The Palutena leak, ChaosZero/Brawl-era Leak, and InfiniteGTX Leak seem like the only other legit ones so far. Most of the other leaks always have something in there that doesn't belong.
Someone run the ChaosZero one by me again, because even though we have no way to disprove it, it seemed extremely easy to fake.

And what's the InfiniteGTX leak?

Injusticefan14

Smash Rookie
I can't believe I was just about to post that I didn't think Diddy Kong was going to be revealed yesterday when I saw his picture show up.............

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Take all conversations of Snake on the Snake thread I think Snake will be cut too Nintendo and Konami aren't exactly friends and Snake hasn't shown up on a Nintendo console in a while
looks at snake eater 3d ....yep no games in recent years

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I hope we do get some more real leaks. Brawl got some, so it'd be cool to see some for this game.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Someone run the ChaosZero one by me again, because even though we have no way to disprove it, it seemed extremely easy to fake.
And what's the InfiniteGTX leak?

ChaosZero (?) Leak - Claims:
  • Ridley is a stage hazard
  • King K. Rool is not playable
  • Diddy returns, is not partnered with Dixie (Leaker didn't specify if Dixie is playable)
  • Online will have host rooms and individual item/rule set up
Very speculative statements, at the least. He atleast got Diddy right! Which isn't saying much at this point. :upsidedown:

InfiniteGTX Leak Claims: 1st post:

• Little Mac will be a playable character
  • Break the Targets courses divided per franchise
  • Home-Run Contest returns
  • Event Matches return
  • Adventure mode returns
  • Home-Run Contest stays relatively the same
  • Event Matches stay relatively the same
  • Adventure Mode will lean closer to Melee's version
  • Adventure Mode will have much heavier character involvement than Melee's
  • Adventure Mode will be more important on the 3DS
2nd Post:

• The dev team is working on Mewtwo (can't be proven)
  • Psystrike will probably be Mewtwo's Final Smash (Leaker not specific)
  • Mewtwo can change into "Awakened form" during battle
  • Changing forms will alter Mewtwo's speed, weight, mobility, and damage
  • Lucario will probably return (Leaker not specific)
  • A Pokemon rep will be the next character updated on the Smash Bros. website (Luigi was the next character updated post claim)
3rd Post:

• Dixie Kong will be the third and final playable character from the DK franchise
  • Dixie will not be paired with Diddy nor will she be a clone, she is a unique character
  • Dixie has a floating mechanic similar to Peach's
  • King K. Rool will be a boss in Adventure Mode
  • K. Rool will be encountered multiple times as his various personalities
  • K. Rool is treated as a "less serious boss"
  • Marth is returning
  • Ike is returning
  • Chrom & Lucina are a duo character
  • Chrom & Lucina have the most unique moveset out of any
  • Their specials include each other but they have separate specials and a separate Final Smash
  • Roy will not return
  • Ice Climbers will return
  • Board the Platforms will return
  • Board the Platforms will be divided per franchise as Break the Targets
  • Stage builder will return with huge upgrades including the ability to edit the Z-plane
:bluejump: !!!NICE JOB READING EVERYTHING!!! :bluejump:

Last edited:

Orcawsom

Smash Rookie
There is a possibility that diddy was going to be revealed before little mac

see how the stage is NOT the Punch Out version?
you can tell by the words "smash bros" in the background and the picture under diddy.
remember how it was changed after little mac's reveal?
didn't see anyone post this before so just thought i'd post it here.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

you can tell by the words "smash bros" in the background and the picture under diddy.
Unless stage elements change with characters on some stages.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

You may be right because on the scroll banner it saids smash bros not punch-out

Dan

Smash Lord
I've been absent for a good three days. Anything noteworthy come up?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Perhaps there are two versions of the stage?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't buy that the satge changes based on who you play as because that's like making 4 stages at a time(2 for each version) It would take to much time to do that. So I have a theory:

Sakurai has every character for each month planned ahead. Diddy was probably going to be revealed same time as little mac was but without little mac. I have a feeling that his has 3 newcomers and their trailers planned in advance in case he need them. So I believe he found out that the direct was going to be the same day as diddy's reveal and chose a logical newcomer for it. He probably only finds out about them like a week in advance. So I believe to build hype he simply switched characters for the direct and had diddy pushed to yesterday. I am guessing that this is what happened, so that may be why the punch out stage is different in that picture.

Beta for "Super smash bros. Brawl"?

This is already fake in the first line.

The only part I buy is: "Ness now wears his classic design, instead of his hairstyle in the previous games. Now, Smash Bros. pays tribute to his original design by making his hair pointing to the side like his original Clay Model." >.>
That's actually how Google translates the series' overall title. It's getting "Brawl" from "Dairantō."

Not that I'm in any way defending the supposed leak, though.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
*cough* ground zeroes *cough*

But i like where your going with that, and i would love for that to happen.
Imagine, you wake up the morning ground zeroes comes out, planning to buy it for your console of choice, then suddenly... A nintendo direct? Iwata is hidden in a box, and he announces from the box that ground zeroes is making its way to the wii u (with wii u tablet replacing smart phone use and mgs3 style content to go along with other exclusive content), and challenger approaching.

I'd need a change of everything after that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine, you wake up the morning ground zeroes comes out, planning to buy it for your console of choice, then suddenly... A nintendo direct? Iwata is hidden in a box, and he announces from the box that ground zeroes is making its way to the wii u (with wii u tablet replacing smart phone use and mgs3 style content to go along with other exclusive content), and challenger approaching.

I'd need a change of everything after that.
Lol, I would want this just to see iwata in a box. Anyway:

Might I ask, what leak are you mentioning?
The first one, as for the second I am not even going to mention that...

Arteen

Smash Lord
I don't buy that the satge changes based on who you play as because that's like making 4 stages at a time(2 for each version) It would take to much time to do that. So I have a theory:

Sakurai has every character for each month planned ahead. Diddy was probably going to be revealed same time as little mac was but without little mac. I have a feeling that his has 3 newcomers and their trailers planned in advance in case he need them. So I believe he found out that the direct was going to be the same day as diddy's reveal and chose a logical newcomer for it. He probably only finds out about them like a week in advance. So I believe to build hype he simply switched characters for the direct and had diddy pushed to yesterday. I am guessing that this is what happened, so that may be why the punch out stage is different in that picture.
It's actually like making a single stage, modifying it slightly to run on the 3DS, then putting in a tiny bit of extra work to add a flag that modified a few graphical elements of the stage based on which characters are playing. It's not four stages worth of work, and we've already seen this done with Alfonzo subbing for Toon Link.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's actually like making a single stage, modifying it slightly to run on the 3DS, then putting in a tiny bit of extra work to add a flag that modified a few graphical elements of the stage based on which characters are playing. It's not four stages worth of work, and we've already seen this done with Alfonzo subbing for Toon Link.

Ok but still alfonso is one character, the punch out stage was completely reworked unlike the spirit tracks stage.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

What would be even more cool is that they announce phantom pain for wii u along side the snake reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't know anything about the whole two separate releases thing. I just assumed that it was that MGS5 (which I knew as "Phantom Pain") was coming out that day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Common sense and using ones brain is the source here.
That's not common sense, that's wish fulfillment.

If someone predict a character that Sakurai had said did not fit Smash Bros because they were too peaceful. (Villager)
Everyone was expecting an Animal Crossing rep.

Someone predicts a character no one saw coming or gave a SERIOUS thought to. (Wii Fit Trainer)
People had asked for her inclusion. She was not highly requested, but that's irrelevant. She was requested before. The fact that you try to qualify your statement with "serious thought" shows how far you'll go to protect a "leak" that's already been proven false.

As well as predicted correctly Mega Man and Little Mac being in the roster.
Along with everyone in the world.
Then chances are that what he said was initially was meant to come to fruition originally.
And a week before E3, Nintendo just ditched all their plans, made an all new trailer for the game, covered up Punch-Out logos, decided to create a new trailer for Rosalina, and a new trailer for Little Mac. Seems legit.
He got their release date wrong.
Which was the leak. He said "these characters will be shown at E3." That never occurred.
How would someone know all of this and get the release date of said newcomers wrong?
Simple. He never knew it in the first place.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's not like Salromano was trying to be a leaker like the rest here in the OP, he had no clue and all the information he got was that the six newcomers were going to be shown at E3 and shared it with NeoGaf. The other 3 weren't shown in that E3, but I think it's most likely that plans change and that Sakurai decided to reveal the leaky 3 for later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom