• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Okay by know I can say you will defend this leak with ALL your might. Really, anything is wrong. The bottom screen may be white in the real smash, but you deny that that is white. Are you like color blind? And they didn't say it was ENTIRELY white. But that the top of it is white.
It could be lens flare...

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
There's that too. I didn't think about that.
Whoa, there, friend. I ain't trying to defend it with ALL my might. Just some of it~ And besides, I after I asked how they can tell if it's entirely white, I asked how can they tell it's white at all? I'm not saying the bottom screen in Smash won't be white, I'm just asking how they would be able to deduce that from that extremely small sliver of the bottom screen. That just doesn't look like nearly enough to deduce the color. I was just asking their reasoning, and I probably could've worded it better. No need to get hostile, mate.
But wait a minute. If the bottom is white, then where are the percentages? Also, it's in a dark room where we can see all of top screen, the bottom should be . So if it was, it wouldn't make much sense.

Also, here's a image I took in my slideshow gallery. The angle's a bit different, but same idea. It could easily be cropped out. Also, he had more lighting, so you should be able to see it more.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
But wait a minute. If the bottom is white, then where are the percentages? Also, it's in a dark room where we can see all of top screen, the bottom should be . So if it was, it wouldn't make much sense.

Also, here's a image I took in my slideshow gallery. The angle's a bit different, but same idea. It could easily be cropped out. Also, he had more lighting, so you should be able to see it more.
That image is broken.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he did strangely enjoy it.
Of course I've been cautious whenever he offers me to visit his house now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There's no WAY Sakurai would ignore Ridley fans for the 3rd time... Right? ... RIGHT?!!?
Kinda like how Sakurai ignored Toad fans for the 3rd time... yeah, it's possible... it can go either way...

I don't think the Smash Bros Universe leak is dead yet... Only the name.
Green = confirmed, yellow = in multiple other leaks, white = not popular in other leaks.
King K Rool (Donkey Kong)
Zoroark (Pokemon)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
King Hippo (Punch Out)
Ridley (Metroid)
Prince Sable (Frogs the Bell Tolls)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)

Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Megaman (Megaman)
Crystal (Star Fox)
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Sonic (Sonic)
It is fake. Sakurai said that all leaks made before the first SSB4 trailer was shown are fake. And there's no Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, or Rosalina anywhere on that list.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
The problem with that logic is Sakurai has shown characters that are popular instantly in their roles, he didn't beat around the bush. Toad? Immediately confirmed as a move with Peach. Ashley? Confirmed as an AT. Starfy? Same thing. Skull Kid? Same thing. If Sakurai does think that being a Stage Hazard is a better representation of the character, then I'd think he'd just get it out of the way then leave the issue hanging as really, he hasn't with other popular characters as far as this hype period has been concerned.

Yes, I could be wrong, but it is quite odd for him to treat those character's fans more graciously (in terms of revealing what roles they were in) while beating around the bush for Ridley.
The thing is, he did the same thing with Brawl, we didn't find out he was a boss until release. He also had two forms and yet people still freaked. We also do not know exactly what yellow devil or viridi do. Yellow devil can still attack with lazer eyes besides moving in segments. If Ridley is a stage hazard I'd like to see him revealed with all the details of what he does not just a pic. I think Sakurai would do this to keep Ridley true to his domminance in arieal combat. Also he would not be contained as a random occurance in an AT or a long story mode. He'd be in a quick easy to access stage.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The thing is, he did the same thing with Brawl, we didn't find out he was a boss until release. He also had two forms and yet people still freaked. We also do not know exactly what yellow devil or viridi do. Yellow devil can still attack with lazer eyes besides moving in segments. If Ridley is a stage hazard I'd like to see him revealed with all the details of what he does not just a pic. I think Sakurai would do this to keep Ridley true to his domminance in arieal combat. Also he would not be contained as a random occurance in an AT or a long story mode. He'd be in a quick easy to access stage.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing that was teased about Ridley was his music and it didn't refer to any particular role, just stated he was "Samus' archnemesis." In retrospect, it was no better or worse then what characters like Ashley got back then. Norfair is associated with him, but it wasn't connected to him unlike here where the character was (in)directly implied.

Also, the Yellow Devil was hardly a wanted character and was shown point blank in the trailer, so even if we don't know what he does we do know what kind of role he could play (Hazard, AT, etc.), similarly Viridi is a stage element and we know that she's connected to the Reset Bombs which have an effect on the stage. That's also ignoring that we have no clue what the hell Skull Kid or Ashley do, both of which were requested to some extent before their deconfirmation.

So again, Sakurai has rarely (if ever) beat around the bush when it has come to what a character's other role is in terms of the game. We have many examples where he just flat out deconfirmed a character whenever they appeared as a stage hazard or AT so it's odd that there would be one exception like that.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It is fake. Sakurai said that all leaks made before the first SSB4 trailer was shown are fake. And there's no Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, or Rosalina anywhere on that list.
Source?

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
This thread really needs something Palutena quality again, it's derailed an awful lot.

one thing leak-wise I don't understand is why if something is proved 70% accurate that the thread debunks it anyway, surely the whole point of a leak is that it's from an unofficial source so could therefore be right but delivered slightly garbled. For example the information that listed Mega Pac Mii Mac WFT ACVil if proven 100% right after further reveals could simply have been date-wise based on flexible information... were 4 so far revealed from it? yea
were at least one of them shown at E3? yep 3.5 of them if we include the blatantly obvious in-progress Punch-out ring
Has anything been proven wrong other than Nintendo not choosing to blow 6 reveals at once? Nope

So why is it considered dead? Truly can anyone logically prove it false while considering Nintendo likely chose to reduce their Smash content to two 2 min trailers and a follow-up dev trailer topped with a 3rd
As opposed to wasting what would have amounted to a quarter of E3 on 6 separate character trailers for one game that wouldnt launch until at least the following E3

Dairz

Smash Ace
Has anything been proven wrong other than Nintendo not choosing to blow 6 reveals at once?
Brawl's E3 trailer introduced like, 5 newcomers. Also it got the time wrong, which is a critical part in the "leak".

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Brawl's E3 trailer introduced like, 5 newcomers. Also it got the time wrong, which is a critical part in the "leak".
Brawl introduced more but used an entirely different marketing approach, it's clear this time around that each character is being made a BIG deal with their own trailer hence why blowing all those trailers at once was likely retracted

'it got the time wrong' meaning the E3 reveal did NOT solely include fighters from the leak, at E3 as stated? Mac's delayed reveal does more to prove that the leak was credible in the information at hand at the time rather than vice versa

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I FIRMLY believe that Sakurai thinks that having Ridley as an hazard would be a nice surprise for the fans. He would think he is doing a favor for the fans. He felt this way about the assist trophies. It's the entitled fans that think just because they can name a couple of attacks on a character that means they deserve to be playable, so he is somehow "trolling " them. Note I'm not really singing out Ridley fans, but just fans that **** at Sakurai when he doesn't add a character they want but adds them as an assist.
If he legitimately thought that, he'd be ridiculously delusional, and also a major d*ck to the fans. People don't request characters because they'd be happy if they were teased for months, then stuffed into an insignificant side role.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If he legitimately thought that, he'd be ridiculously delusional, and also a major d*ck to the fans. People don't request characters because they'd be happy if they were teased for months, then stuffed into an insignificant side role.
What about Skull Kid fans? Or Ashley fans?
Or are those characters "insignificant"?

Some will win, some may lose. Some of them will sing the blues.
Not every character we request will get in. What I don't get is why people the he'll get in as a character no questions asked period. And how it's personal because someone thinks otherwise...

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
'it got the time wrong' meaning the E3 reveal did NOT solely include fighters from the leak, at E3 as stated? Mac's delayed reveal does more to prove that the leak was credible in the information at hand at the time rather than vice versa
It was only half right. Little Mac wasn't even the next newcomer shown post-E3, and he had a very high chance of being in anyways. The leak most likely was just info on the 3 revealed at E3, then the guy threw in the other 3 to give it more attention.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What about Skull Kid fans? Or Ashley fans?
Or are those characters "insignificant"?

Some will win, some may lose. Some of them will sing the blues.
Not every character we request will get in. What I don't get is why people the he'll get in a character no questions asked period. And how it's personal because someone thinks otherwise...
Are they insignificant? Really? Those characters ooze insignificance. Those are the sorts of characters who should be appearing as Assist Trophies, not Ridley. The closest thing you could get to a snubbed character is Toad, and even he's not on Ridley's level as far as requests go (very circumstantially unfortunate for him; if he were never a Special move, there would never have been pessimism holding him back). Most people don't think Ridley will get in, no questions asked, but many believe that, if he's not in, it'll be a blemish keeping the final roster from being as good as it can be.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Are they insignificant? Really? Those characters ooze insignificance. Those are the sorts of characters who should be appearing as Assist Trophies, not Ridley.
So, insignificance huh?
You want insignificance? Ice Climbers.
Think of it, they've only had one game (not to mention a divisible one), and have little to no moveset potential.
If Sakurai was one of us, he'd pass over them like they we're nothing. But look what happened.
They're only insignificant cause you think they are. But apparently others didn't.

Most people don't think Ridley will get in, no questions asked, but many believe that, if he's not in, it'll be a blemish keeping the final roster from being as good as it can be.
But people have been saying that since forever.
Heck people say that when a character gets in that they don't want.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, insignificance huh?
You want insignificance? Ice Climbers.
Think of it, they've only had one game (not to mention a divisible one), and have little to no moveset potential.
If Sakurai was one of us, he'd pass over them like they we're nothing. But look what happened.
They're only insignificant cause you think they are. But apparently others didn't.

But people have been saying that since forever.
Heck people say that when a character gets in that they don't want.
Sakurai also has an affinity for insignificant retro characters, which we've known since forever. If he had an affinity for one-off Zelda antagonists or WarioWare background characters, they might have been able to overcome their own trivial natures as well.

I don't see why people having wanted Ridley forever makes his exclusion less of a blunder. If anything, it becomes even greater a blunder over time to continue excluding him while lesser characters get free passes in droves.

PM me or go to the Character Discussion if you want to continue this conversation. This is the leaks thread.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Are they insignificant? Really? Those characters ooze insignificance. Those are the sorts of characters who should be appearing as Assist Trophies, not Ridley. Most people don't think Ridley will get in, no questions asked, but many believe that, if he's not in, it'll be a blemish keeping the final roster from being as good as it can be.
To many Zelda fans Skull Kid is one of the most significant characters, featuring in some capacity in all 3 games the Hero of Time was present in, being the centerpiece of a fan-favourite entry in the series as well as being arguably the most fleshed out antagonist within a single Zelda title, also a character with a very wide scope for an incredible and unique skillset
He's an assist though and I'm happy, why so? Because like Little Mac in Brawl I'd rather see the character crash the fight as an AT or hazard than as a fighter with a poorly developed skill-set simply because 'we had to include him instantly because the fans want him in'

Ashley I wouldn't be as sure of not being as knowledgeable of the Wario games but certainly know enough that she could fit in some opinions Sakurai's stance that unique skill-sets are key

However I can't disagree that Ridley makes perfect sense, especially with Melee's opening even highlighting how well he'd fit

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
It was only half right. Little Mac wasn't even the next newcomer shown post-E3, and he had a very high chance of being in anyways. The leak most likely was just info on the 3 revealed at E3, then the guy threw in the other 3 to give it more attention.
Why not be open to both possibilities? That just as easy the reveals were staggered and Rosalina was tossed in in between once they mastered dual characters on the 3DS (Sakurai mentioned initial trouble with Ice Climbers ) and because her reveal would help push 3D World post-launch
I'm not saying we should disregard either option yet, but moreso keep it in mind because not only was Mac's stage essentially revealed at E3 but Miis already have at least one stage as rep

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, please take this conversation to the Character Discussion thread where it belongs.

The "Random Username Leaker" (if that's what we're calling him now) has returned to his GameFAQs thread to answer a few questions. Unlike most, he's not holding a Q&A session in which he answers every minute detail you want to know about the game, from the number of cat easter eggs on Pokemon Stadium 3 to the number of times Wario picks his nose during his idle animation. He has said he would like to ask his "source" about the Leaking Three and Palutena over the next few days, though he does not promise information.

Not expecting much of this, but again, it's at least less blatantly false than the Q&A kids' attempts.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Guys, please take this conversation to the Character Discussion thread where it belongs.

The "Random Username Leaker" (if that's what we're calling him now) has returned to his GameFAQs thread to answer a few questions. Unlike most, he's not holding a Q&A session in which he answers every minute detail you want to know about the game, from the number of cat easter eggs on Pokemon Stadium 3 to the number of times Wario picks his nose during his idle animation. He has said he would like to ask his "source" about the Leaking Three and Palutena over the next few days, though he does not promise information.

Not expecting much of this, but again, it's at least less blatantly false than the Q&A kids' attempts.

Source?
Interesting to hear what he will say, fake or not its something to talk about lol

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Welp, time to use my Gamefaqs account again.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

People who try to give too much away tend to be full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom