• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The leak above doesn't sound that good to me (and no, it is not because of the lack of Ridley). King K. Rool is hype, but Chrom and Bubbles (of all things!!) playable are so meh. Yeah... I vastly prefer the first leak on the first post.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's sounds too safe to be true. :p
Nothing convincing to me.

... *sigh*
I hope you realised I was joking. ^^ But don't worry, I still say Ridley is much more likely to be playable than stage hazard at this Point. And Alfonzo has proven that he can even be both. However, enough with the Ridley talk here, I guess.

Yes, that rumor is old (or, at least already posted), but it certanly isn't very creative. Thus, not interesting. :/

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm sorry bout that, it just ticks me off when someone seriously considers a leak to be false because it doesn't have Ridley.
Not a good way to find out if the leak is valid.
Understandable. Obviously I wouldn't say something is fake just because there's no Ridley. That would be like saying that an Episode of The Simpsons isn't a real Simpsons because there's no Moe in it. ^^

@ Shorts Shorts
:c

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Understandable. Obviously I wouldn't say something is fake just because there's no Ridley. That would be like saying that an Episode of The Simpsons isn't a real Simpsons because there's no Moe in it. ^^

@ Shorts Shorts
:c
0/10 no Moe, would not watch.

But seriously, Ridley shouldn't be the deciding factor into whether a leak is believable or not.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I gotta say, it's pretty bad that a lot of the currently "live" leaks all have pretty terrible/less than desirable rosters as of right now. I know that they're most likely all fake, but it does definitely damper my hopes a bit.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ridley not being in does hurt the credibility a bit, but it's not a defining factor in the end. Ridley could theoretically be passed over again, even if it's not the most likely scenario.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Does anyone remember the amount of time in between the leak of the Brawl roster and the game's release?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So essentially, assuming that this game gets released around July, we will only have to wait until April to get legitimate leaks that shows the entire roster?

I know, unfortunately.

Also, everytime I hear the term "Leaky 3" I cringe so hard. I hate that term so much.
At first I felt it was just plain bad...Now....well it's still bad...but in a sorta fascinating way. It's so horribly bad that it turns around and becomes somewhat charming and memorable for how terrible the term is.

The Leaky 3. They promote poor bladder control. Hide your kids.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
About 3 months from its original release date.
Hmm.. that's longer than I expected, but I'll still make my point. Also, do we know how they acquired that information?

It seems as if we were going to get Smash Wii U/3DS within the first half of this year, they probably would've announced it in the Nintendo Direct we just had. I don't see it as being realistic that anyone could be leaking more than a character or two. There's no way anyone outside of the development team is going to know characters unless its one that is about to be promoted or something. No one on the development team is going to be stupid enough to break their NDA because that could risk not only their current job but ones in the future.

C'mon guys.. Most of these people don't say anything to explain themselves except "I can't say anything." Ms Tetris.. really? E.Gadd? Someone is sitting at their computer laughing at the stupidity of the Smash Bros. scene. I understand the mentality that we can't discount anything until it's shown otherwise, but we need to use some common sense here. People didn't want to believe the Brawl leak because of what, R.O.B.? It didn't take much Nintendo knowledge to see that was realistic (Mario Kart DS, anyone?). The realistic ones here are just catering to the wants of the fans here. I truly do not believe anything has been leaked yet, except maybe Palutena.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
What the **** is this?

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE?
WHAT COLOR WAS THAT DIDDY LEAK? BLUE
AND WHAT DOES THAT LOOK LIKE? A MONKEY
LEEEEAAAAKKKK

Attachments

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Is it wrong for me to hope the roster leak 3 months before the game's release will have Masks Link on it as a playable character? :/

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I expect a release date at E3. Very curious to see when the first legitimate roster leak ends up being.

The release timing should be interesting, as they need a few months between Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS so the WiiU actually sells some consoles, but they can't afford to miss the holiday season with Smash 3DS. I'm curious to see how they handle it.

You can hope for whoever you want, but Link has plenty of representation already. We've got realistic Link and Toon Link. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Okay, this is an attempt. One more time.

This is the 3DS Mario Palutena leak.

This is a POST developer's direct 3DS official Mario.
I can't get to much out of this because of the different positions.You can still see differences.
1: The hat.

The hat above is much smoother then:

Even smaller, the official looks less smooth. 3DS's graphics aren't that smooth.
The M's tip in the leak is farther from the top of the white circle then the official. And that is not angles or lighting, at alll. Neither is my first point.
2: The eyes.

The eyes are much less wide then they should be.

The officials aren't wide enough.
3:The overalls width.
Go back to the first 2 images.
It is clear the strap length is different. This, however, can be the kick. But it is still it is a point.

This image closely resembles the official Mario more, and it is recent.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Other groups had much cooler names like the Elite 4 (Palutena, Ridley, King K. Rool & Little Mac) for the ones that appeared on all the Smash 4 polls or the Trifecta of Disappointment (Ridley, Bowser Jr and Krystal) for those ones we thought for sure would be in Brawl.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Other groups had much cooler names like the Elite 4 (Palutena, Ridley, King K. Rool & Little Mac) for the ones that appeared on all the Smash 4 polls or the Trifecta of Disappointment (Ridley, Bowser Jr and Krystal) for those ones we thought for sure would be in Brawl.
Fine, how about...
"The Foreshadowed Trio"?

Last edited:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Okay, this is an attempt. One more time.

This is the 3DS Mario Palutena leak.

This is a POST developer's direct 3DS official Mario.
I can't get to much out of this because of the different positions.You can still see differences.
1: The hat.

The hat above is much smoother then:

Even smaller, the official looks less smooth. 3DS's graphics aren't that smooth.
The M's tip in the leak is farther from the top of the white circle then the official. And that is not angles or lighting, at alll. Neither is my first point.
2: The eyes.

The eyes are much less wide then they should be.

The officials aren't wide enough.
3:The overalls width.
Go back to the first 2 images.
It is clear the strap length is different. This, however, can be the kick. But it is still it is a point.

This image closely resembles the official Mario more, and it is recent.
Hush now, little Kovu
One day when you're big and strong...
... You'll debunk the leak!

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Like, why are people doubting the Palutena leak? It's defeated too many debunkers to be doubted anymore. Lol

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Quit attempting to debunk it, even the professionals tried. :p
Think about it.
You haven't stated yet:

What professionals?
I find it as a sport. An impossible one because no one listens. Mister is right. It's like talking to a brick wall. Or perhaps telling a Sonic fanboy why a Sonic game is bad.

But I think it's fun.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Like, why are people doubting the Palutena leak? It's defeated too many debunkers to be doubted anymore. Lol
It's because, as soon as someone tries to debunk it, people start defending it, or hating on the person. As soon as someone find proof, it's just "not proof enough", or "they've might have changed it now".

I think, what people are missing; even if this leak might be false, doesn't mean Palutena won't appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom