• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Palutena holds the rope on her shield when in action. Look at the artwork posted by Ariand/AEM. In the statue she is standing still so obviously she isn't holding the rope, see the artwork where she is standing still.
This has already been discussed here, also (the rope thing, not this specific attempt at debunking the leak)

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Palutena holds the rope on her shield when in action. Look at the artwork posted by Ariand/AEM. In the statue she is standing still so obviously she isn't holding the rope, see the artwork where she is standing still.
This has already been discussed here, also (the rope thing, not this specific attempt at debunking the leak)
Did Palutena hold the rope when you fought her in KI:U? If not, the leak model could still be a work in progress if it's genuine.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Yet another leak. No, really, the guy's thread title is "Yet another leak."

Hi there!

First off, yes, I made this account specifically to divulge this information, so no, I'm not credible in the slightest. Take all of this with a grain of salt, as I'm not a firsthand witness to this information. I'll try to get more information if I can, but here's what I've got so far:

Newcomers:
I've only heard about four newcomers. Palutena (Kid Icarus), K Rool (Donkey Kong), Chrom (Fire Emblem), and Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) are all in. The last I heard, there weren't any Brawl cuts. To be honest, the only one I'm excited for is K Rool, having played DK64 as a child.

I've been discrediting the Mac-Pac-Mii rumor until Mac's reveal, so I'll try to look into it further when I get a chance.

Items:
As far as I know, most, if not all, items return from Brawl.
Tiki's Tear is a new item from Fire Emblem, and it does some kind of buff with either damage or knockback, I wasn't entirely clear.
Medusa Head turns enemies into stone for a brief while when they're hit by it
A second item from Kid Icarus is the Tempura Bomb, which turns enemies into Tempura for a brief period of time
Ice Flower is the counterpart to Fire Flower, should be pretty self-explanatory. Freeze doesn't last as long as the Mr. Freezie

ATs:
Mr. Resetti, Shadow, Saki, and Andross all return
King Hippo (Punch Out)
King Gangrel (Fire Emblem)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Toadsworth (Mario)
Protoman (Megaman)
Duster (Mother 3)

I'll keep you updated when I have more information, but that's it for now, I'm afraid. I don't know anything at all about new stages, so your guess is as good as mine there. For now, I've gotta go to sleep, I need to wake up early for my class and work. Cheers!

I personally think it's one of you guys stealing the Gangrel AT and Tiki's Tear ideas from the OP and running with them to appear credible. Also, notice how virtually every "leak" since Mac's reveal has featured a King Hippo AT...But we'll see. You retro nuts get to fawn over Bubbles until the next leak comes up or the mods say enough is enough, whichever comes first.
I love how every leaker nowadays is constantly referring to the Leaky 3 (or 2 now) and the Palutena Leak

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
99% sure the Diddy Kong Leak is fake, guys. I just checked the coding of the Japanese website, and there's not a trace of Diddy Kong coding.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, but maybe it's hinting another Metroid character, like with the "leaker" who said almost every trailer hints a character.
Samus was probably in that scene just as a joke about size. She was making fun of Mac's size at the beginning if the trailer, but at the end, she's the small one in the morph ball.
That or she was in that scene to look like a medicine ball.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Samus was probably in that scene just as a joke about size. She was making fun of Mac's size at the beginning if the trailer, but at the end, she's the small one in the morph ball.
That or she was in that scene to look like a medicine ball.
The more that I think about the size, the more I think Ridley being revealed this week.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
99% sure the Diddy Kong Leak is fake, guys. I just checked the coding of the Japanese website, and there's not a trace of Diddy Kong coding.

He said it was just that one time.
He came in, and he came out.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think the hint in Mac's trailer is that Sakurai used Samus, of all characters, to joke about Mac's height. Of all characters, he choose the one who is related to the space purple dragon. Or perhaps I am just reading too much into it...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i think the samus rolling bit was sakurais way of saying "metroid can crawl!"

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I can totally see Samus doing the same thing in a Ridley reveal trailer. Measuring their sizes, but coming up short, while Ridley snickers.

But anyways. Rumors. That Diddy one, does it seem legit?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I think the hint in Mac's trailer is that Sakurai used Samus, of all characters, to joke about Mac's height. Of all characters, he choose the one who is related to the space purple dragon. Or perhaps I am just reading too much into it...
Not only that, but she is comparing heights. Related to scaling and Sakurai making the scale point. So...yeah this is being read into to much.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Come on people, he just used samus because she's one of the larger human characters and as a throwback to that brawl screen where she was used for the same reason, don't read too much into it...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
«This dog is huge... Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale.» 19.Feb.2014

That's an intense comment it might have prooved that size doesn't matter for everything

Especially when it comes to HELPING RIDLEY BE CONFIRMED PLAYABLE

LF2K

Floor Diver
Can you imagine a robot armed to the teeth and a giant penguin with a hammer trashing your living room? Of course the series doesn't stay at scale.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Boy, Ridley supporters are really desperate aren't they.

"Sakurai posted a picture of a dog and mentioned its size! Ridley confirmed!"

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I would think the other side is just as desperate for posting off topic about it. Either way, that's neither here nor there.

Unless an actual leak comes from a specific PotD, don't discuss it here.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Warning Received
I can totally see Samus doing the same thing in a Ridley reveal trailer. Measuring their sizes, but coming up short, while Ridley snickers.

But anyways. Rumors. That Diddy one, does it seem legit?
Most intense thing ever.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Never thought I'd say this, especially with her being my most wanted newcomer, but I'm actually kinda tired of Palutena.

But I guess that's what happens when there is only one good leak to consistently discuss.

Also, I'm with the rope holding crowd.

Last edited:

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
New leak from our buddies on 4chan
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1392651721
"I managed to get some information about the new Smash Brothers game.
-Target release is in July after E3 2014.
-Game is near completion and ahead of schedule. All characters, stages, and items have been completed. There are no cuts.
-A demo has been planned for E3. It will include Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus. Battlefield will be the only available stage. Items are disabled.
-The official release date will be announced at E3.
-Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru will be revealed at E3 to help create hype not only for Smash Bros but a new Metroid game, a new Pac-Man game, and a new Murasame Castle game.
-Ridley uses his design from Other M.
-Mii is another newcomer, but I do not know when he will be revealed, just not at E3.
-There will be unlockable costumes for the characters, such as Dr. Mario for Mario and Dark Samus for Samus.
-A new customization feature has been added, which will allow you to make your own costumes for your characters.
-The stage builder has been greatly improved on. 10 different themes/textures will come with the game. At least 5 will be series based and 3 will be original.
-As previously stated, there are no cuts so Snake will indeed return.
-He will revealed during a direct that will also announce a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U."
Okay while I don't hold stock in ANY supposed "leak," I DO think it's very possible Ridley will be in his Other M form. It's not my favorite incarnation of him, but check out this gif of Other M Ridley-

I could totally see something like this working. If Samus were to come up to about his eyes, he would still be big enough, but not TOO big to be reasonably playable.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's normal to get tired of things you really love. There's been so much Palutena this and Palutena that, aso of course you'd be bored by it. But that boredom will lift eventually.

Still entirely sure that Palutena leak is legit, but I do hope that doesn't mean she's the only new Uprising character.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Still entirely sure that Palutena leak is legit, but I do hope that doesn't mean she's the only new Uprising character.
She probably would be. I don't see KI getting three characters, and Pit and Palutena are already the two most prominent/important KI characters anyways, like how Kirby, Dedede, and MK are the three most prominent/important Kirby characters.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
She probably would be. I don't see KI getting three characters, and Pit and Palutena are already the two most prominent/important KI characters anyways, like how Kirby, Dedede, and MK are the three most prominent/important Kirby characters.
That is true, and it makes sense. But it would be a shame, Uprising has such a good cast of characters. ^^

Many leaks talks about Hades, but I only remember one leak (that image) showing Mangus (which was confirmed fake).

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If the past Smash games are anything to go by, Sakurai loves to add things from his other creations (though it did take three games to get more then one Kirby rep, but Dedede was always on the cards).

While not technically initially created by him, Palutena is still part of Sakurai's previous works, so her chances are automatically higher then most, even without the leak. Not to mention all the teasing hints (with the statue's face matching that of the leak's to boot) he's been throwing around.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Ehhh i think Magnus and Hades need more games under their belt in order to be considered as playable characters. Medusa is the only other kid icarus character I find that has potential for smash (other than lady palutena of course)

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I dunno, but maybe it's hinting another Metroid character, like with the "leaker" who said almost every trailer hints a character.
You know when Mac was exercising and Doc counted? He counted up to 101

Wonder Red confirmed?

But seriously though, I don't think these trailers have hints to who is in the game, it sounds like something Sakurai would do, but If it was consistent people would have caught onto it by now.

What are the hints the apparent leakers claim are in the trailers so far?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The more that I think about the size, the more I think Ridley being revealed this week.
They're not going to reveal newcomers outside of Directs.

You guys are massively overanalyzing Sakurai's words. We've had plenty of stages that don't stay true to scale in the past. Peach's Castle and Distant Planet immediately come to mind.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

You guys are massively overanalyzing Sakurai's words. We've had plenty of stages that don't stay true to scale in the past. Peach's Castle and Distant Planet immediately come to mind.
Exactly. The Bulborb in the Distant Planet is insanely bigger in comparison to the characters.

Normally Olimar's height would be at a Bulborb's thigh, yet here he's smaller then the creature's eyeballs.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Watch us be right. Then we shall all rejoice, laugh, and be surprised as all hell! I really need to find more hints in people's trailers

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I'm just simply assuming based on what the leaker said about trailers hinting newcomers for fun, not that I think it's going to happen.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
As a stage hazard, mirite? 'Cause they wouldn't reveal such a hyped newcomer randomly. (Although, pretending to understand Sakurai has caused many to eat their words).

I feel like maybe a Zamus reveal with a pic comparing her height to Mac's seems more likely. And that would be fun way to keep that joke going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom