• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You said, even if she's an AT, she could still be playable, and that's what I was responding to.
Indeed. After an image leak that believable with that detailed a model, I'd almost be more willing to believe playable characters could randomly pop up as ATs than I would that she's just an AT. Almost.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I expect Diddy Kong to be announced on the 21st. So even if that leak is real, it is easily predicted and really...... just a boring leak lol.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It still shocks me that the WiiLuvU leak hasn't been killed off yet and it has been here for nearly a year.
If Diddy's not confirmed this week (as the leaker said he debuts on TF's release) or he's confirmed without Dixie we can probably throw it out finally.

Edit: Whoops, meant Dixie, it's looking even worse for the leak.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68601072
FeatureLeaker said:
Okay, been seeing all the leaks, and decided to finally make a profile and confirm or deconfirm them. My long-time friend from college has some information he leaked me, and his source has asked to remain hidden, as he doesn't want any problems with the law.
-Palutena leak:
IS true 100%
-Demo leak:
Somewhat true, excluding palutena being an AT.
-E3:
Hard to say, lucky guess or not, but either way, all 6 are in!

New information:
Characters:
I know little about the roster except:
-All Brawl vets return, exclude Snake
-Chrom is indeed an AT, as a generic Avatar is a newcomer for fire emblem.
-Diddy and Dixie are a Tag-Team.
-Pacman is a newcomer, based on his looks from Pacman World 2, for example.
-Mii is in, with a moveset that is not customizable, but his FS goes with his color shirt.

Items:
New items I know of include:
-Burritos
-Zero-Gravity Boots
-Magnus is an AT
-Hawlucha is a new Pokemon, along with Gen VI starters and Xerneas, Zygarde, and Yvetal

Stages:
New Stages:
I only have one, based on the final battle of Kid Icarus.... and it is for Wii U AND 3DS.

Modes:
-Stage Builder is upgraded with plenty more backgrounds, lighting, and objects.
-Online is much better with host options, and private matches, along with custom matches.
-Break the Targets is back. As is Adventure, Classic, and Land the Platforms

Thank you, and goodbye! Feel free to ask questions.
BURRITOS4SMASH!!!

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I honestly don't think at least a fourth of the cast will be revealed, especially Palutena since she's most likely in and the leaks true. Sakurai just wants to troll us and make us think the leaks false until we unlock her.
It would be nice if that was reversed. Only a 4th is revealed and the other 3/4 is unlocks.

One can dream though.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It would be nice if that was reversed. Only a 4th is revealed and the other 3/4 is unlocks.

One can dream though.
Well I'm pretty sure some people we've seen will be unlocks like Toon Link, Luigi, Marth, Sonic, and Mega Man. In Brawl they told us Sonic and Snake were in but they were unlocks.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
I think that Diddy Kong leak is fake.
1. Why is he hiding the rest of the code in the developer console?
2. I don't think Diddy Kong would have a background color like #2A39CC.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Turns out it's a fake: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68610760

Ok, we ALL know FeatureLeaker is phony. I am featureleaker. And I have a reason:
-Seeing all these leaks, I was testing you.
Notice all of the contradictions? Cloud, Smashville (a stage already revealed) etc.
Wanted to see how much you believe. Congratz, GameFAQs, you disbelieved and passed the test. Especially Waluigi and Jayman. Congratulations, guys!
He posts later in the thread as FeatureLeaker who doesn't deny it.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Can't he browse his cache files and see the picture? Also was "his little brother" the ONLY person in the WORLD visiting the japanese site at that moment? If this leak is real then it's a matter of minutes til more people (most likely from Japan) will post THEIR FIND
A better question is why was his little brother on the Japanese site and not the English site?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't leaving visible chucks of their code with unannounced characters names just floating around the website.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
We still don't know if Stickers are coming back. There's no SSE anyway.

Note this when observing at leaks.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29

He has a point.

But then again, you were able to look at them in a sticker album so maybe they will be a superfluous collectible like the trophies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Theres still the whole customization thing we know nothing about. This could involve stickers. I mean it would make sense. Just the stickers would serve a different purpose then they did in SSE.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think that Diddy Kong leak is fake.
1. Why is he hiding the rest of the code in the developer console?
2. I don't think Diddy Kong would have a background color like #2A39CC.
To be fair, Diddy's buddy barrels in Tropical Freeze have his 'DD' initials colored sky-blue.

Not that I believe it, but that's not too far a stretch IMO.

D

Deleted member

There are already 4 or 5 characters with a blue background (not that it makes much of a difference, but still)
And there's 8 characters with green backgrounds. I wouldn't base validity off of the background color, it's kinda irrelevant. Hell, Little Mac and Bowser even have the exact same shades of green for their backgrounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
What if Smash Bros Universe was supposed to be the name of the game but they switched it to just 4 because Sakurai is trolling us. The universe leak wasn't disproven yet other than the name.

I would be more than happy with Ridley, K Rool and Slime.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't leaving visible chucks of their code with unannounced characters names just floating around the website.
Well, it has happened before. Not with Nintendo, but with Capcom where code was left in revealing the rest of the cast of characters in MvC3. Anything is possible, so I would not be surprised if one day we see some code within the source of the website left there revealing something.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I just checked myself, didn't see any Diddy leak in the coding and I feel like it could possibly be real. I never checked the last accessed date which is possible I believe, and depending on time posted you can prove/disprove the leak.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The hooded zelda was in concept art as well, implying that she was designed around the same time that zelda and Brawl shiek were designed. I don't think it would function as a replacement if planned so early on.

Hyrule historia says that a twilight princess shiek concept was drawn up for brawl.
They could have been designed around the same time with hooded Zelda winning the role. A concept artist's purpose is to create multiple perspectives of an idea. The antithesis of this is Ed Wood and look how his movies turned out. Hyrule Historia contradicts Sakurai's Dojo quote. Each are English translations of a Japanese developer's words. I know not the original context, but there is room for translation error. This may not be the case, instead, Sakurai and Aonuma may have different perspectives on the matter, each of which I would think is equally valid for they were each directing the development of Brawl and Twilight Princess respectively. What a conundrum!

The truth is, there is no fact. There are two statements from two designers that contradict each other.

Shroob

Sup?
Here's something I don't think anyone has brought up. Yes, the color code is blue, but why would the leaker pick BLUE of all colors when everyone expects red? While I don't believe this to be real... Obviously if he was trying to make it look real, he'd pick a red color code... Unless this is actually real that is.

Granted, he could have just put a random color in, but like people before me have said, Diddy's 'color' in Tropical Freeze is indeed blue... I mean, let's face it. If you were going to fake it, wouldn't you instinctively make the color Red?

Last edited:

DisconnectD

Smash Rookie
So at the "last minute" they cut out everything they had planned for Little Mac and spliced Villager into the general Smash 4 reveal trailer? This alone proves it's fake.
Ya know... There is actually evidence to back this detail of the leak up; if you recall, during the initial e3 reveal before Mario gets a net thrown over him by villager, an unknown opponent knocks him backwards while in what we now know as the punch out! ring. If you watch the scene it looks like it was edited to make it look like bowser hit him but it was clearly another opponent. Why exactly would they have created that intro featuring the punch out ring if they weren't going to reveal it as such for months and months? In fact; it could be argued that the smash logo and scrolling marquee were also part of a hasty edit job since they changed their mind about revealing little Mac at that time, not to mention that it also jives with the leaky 3 story. I feel like special attention should be paid to this E. Gadd & Tingle leak. What if Luigi wasn't given the poltergust again because there were plans to rep Luigi's mansion via E. Gadd instead ? It seems like a perfect off the wall sort of sakurai-esque move we could expect and Tingle is a no brainer. Before you bring up villager's balloon recovery, tingle can use his single giant balloon from majora's mask and it can have different physics properties than the balloon fight villager recovery. (Plenty of specials are similar in smash bros; sonic and megaman's up special come to mind)

In closing, this leak seems to have quite a bit of credibility and to add to it: the details are few yet specific unlike most though it could be that the leak inventor arrived at the conclusions that I did but still; more believable than a lot of leaks I have seen so far and actually love the idea of E gadd repping Luigi's Mansion, not to mention Tingle would be the ultimate troll character, haha.

D

Deleted member

Here's something I don't think anyone has brought up. Yes, the color code is blue, but why would the leaker pick BLUE of all colors when everyone expects red? While I don't believe this to be real... Obviously if he was trying to make it look real, he'd pick a red color code... Unless this is actually real that is.

Granted, he could have just put a random color in, but like people before me have said, Diddy's 'color' in Tropical Freeze is indeed blue... I mean, let's face it. If you were going to fake it, wouldn't you instinctively make the color Red?
To be fair, would you have instinctively made Dedede's color yellow as opposed to red?

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, would you have instinctively made Dedede's color yellow as opposed to red?
Actually, I don't know about anyone else, but yes, I would have. To me, the thing that stands out most to me on Dedede is his big, yellow belly. However, in Dedede's case, he has both yellow and red on him. Diddy lacks ANY blue.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
8 green backgrounds
8 blue backgrounds
3 yellow backgrounds
2 pink backgrounds
1 purple background
1 red background

That's a lot of blue and green, and what surprises me most is that each of them are individual shades of those colors. Yoshi is gonna add even more green to the mix, and Falco and Captain Falcon would probably add more blue. xD They need some orange in there!

D

Deleted member

Actually, I don't know about anyone else, but yes, I would have. To me, the thing that stands out most to me on Dedede is his big, yellow belly. However, in Dedede's case, he has both yellow and red on him. Diddy lacks ANY blue.
I was going to insert a fat Dedede joke here, but I thought better of it. :troll:

But still, there are other examples that are just as odd as the Diddy blue thing, so I dunno.

Last edited by a moderator:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well, it has happened before. Not with Nintendo, but with Capcom where code was left in revealing the rest of the cast of characters in MvC3. Anything is possible, so I would not be surprised if one day we see some code within the source of the website left there revealing something.
Yeah it's definitely possible if say an updated page didn't update correctly or an update got screwed up however what sticks out to me is the screenshot of the source code. I did go ahead and take a look at the source code for some of the pages on the site as I'm always curious how most of that stuff is put together as my job is to assist merchants set up website systems and it seemed like a good excuse to look at it. The code they use doesn't match the format they use for the pages displayed as far as I could physically tell compared to the example shown. Now is it possible that information is located someplace else I can't access, but I seriously doubt someone would go to the trouble to try to hack Nintendo's web server to leak diddy kong.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Samus's is a dark blue.
I must be missing something about hers. That or background colors don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom