• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Unless...
Unless the LEAK IS REAL!!!!OMGAAAASH!!!! or Sable was leaked. or the leak is fake.

Next thing we know we will get dozens of leaks with an Olimar trio...

But seriously though. remember what I was saying about the "code" character. The one that if its in a leak then it's definitely fake? I think its Sable... I mean sorry BluePikmin11 but...

Ok even more serious now. I If DK:TF stage isn't revealed then... I guess... they changed their minds :p

Enough jokes. If DK:TF stage is revealed on the US release then this leak is still just as fake. something like that is something anyone could guess. The Mario Party cube though(which in Mario Party 9 only goes to 6) that could give this leak some credence. At least in my book something like that is different enough that its not likely someone would guess it right. This leak has good ideas in it but there is yet to be evidence.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Here's one:

hey smash community! I got some news for YOU! straight from not Sakuri himself, but one of the lower devs from namco. I talked with this person while visiting japan and here's what he told me.

Doc Louis will appear in little mac's win animations. they take inspiration from punch out!! on the Wii. he's also an assist trophy that's similar to mac in brawl, but with witty quotes.
The fairy doesn't replace the heart container, it's just added alongside it. the deku nut is also still in.
the winged cloud from yoshi's island is an item, it will grant a random attribute (metal, curry, mega, mini, invisible, heal 100%, and invincibility)
The dice block from mario party and wii party is also an item, when thrown does damage shown on the dice (1-6) times 10. disappears after one use.

for pokemon, zororark, as well as the starter pokemon from black and white, as well as the X and Y starters.

for stages, there's a Tropical freeze level based off frozen DK isle. My source says that they are thinking about showing off the stage on DKCTF's US release, but they are still unsure. apparently things like stages and items are usually decided a couple days before.
there's also another Yoshi's Island stage.

here's the part everyone was waiting for, the characters.

Both Prince Sable and Takamaru are in. Takamaru is in from some higher ups at Nintendo's request, and Sakuri wants to revitalize Sabel's franchise after the completion of this smash.
King K Rool from DK is a heavyweight that mostly uses projectiles.
Dixie is added alongside King K Rool, and has some scrapped moves she would have used in brawl.
Ridley is a heavyweight with speed, he's really overpowered. They are thinking of either toning down his speed or his power.
Issac is included because of previous popularity, and because there still seems to be request for him.

my source doesn't want to tell me everything, just so I would still be surprised. I don't even think he knows I'm posting it online! I probably won't be able to talk with him for a while, especially if he finds out I posted this.

don't think it's real, doesn't the dice block go to 10 in mario party?
"Dixie is alongside King K. Rool..."

Dixie and King K. Rool tag team confirmed!

D

Deleted member

Here's one:

hey smash community! I got some news for YOU! straight from not Sakuri himself, but one of the lower devs from namco. I talked with this person while visiting japan and here's what he told me.

Doc Louis will appear in little mac's win animations. they take inspiration from punch out!! on the Wii. he's also an assist trophy that's similar to mac in brawl, but with witty quotes.
The fairy doesn't replace the heart container, it's just added alongside it. the deku nut is also still in.
the winged cloud from yoshi's island is an item, it will grant a random attribute (metal, curry, mega, mini, invisible, heal 100%, and invincibility)
The dice block from mario party and wii party is also an item, when thrown does damage shown on the dice (1-6) times 10. disappears after one use.

for pokemon, zororark, as well as the starter pokemon from black and white, as well as the X and Y starters.

for stages, there's a Tropical freeze level based off frozen DK isle. My source says that they are thinking about showing off the stage on DKCTF's US release, but they are still unsure. apparently things like stages and items are usually decided a couple days before.

Both Prince Sable and Takamaru are in. Takamaru is in from some higher ups at Nintendo's request, and Sakuri wants to revitalize Sabel's franchise after the completion of this smash.
Dixie is added alongside King K Rool, and has some scrapped moves she would have used in brawl.
Ridley is a heavyweight with speed, he's really overpowered. They are thinking of either toning down his speed or his power.
Issac is included because of previous popularity, and because there still seems to be request for him.

my source doesn't want to tell me everything, just so I would still be surprised. I don't even think he knows I'm posting it online! I probably won't be able to talk with him for a while, especially if he finds out I posted this.

It only goes to six in Island Tour and 9. But we speak not of those abominations.
Anyway it's well put together, but a few things break it for me, one of which being the TF stage. If they are doing a DK stage, it's going to be based off of Returns, going in line with representing the previous games instead of the newer ones. It's probably fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
It only goes to six in Island Party and 9. But we speak not of those abominations.
Anyway it's well put together, but a few things break it for me, one of which being the TF stage. If they are doing a DK stage, it's going to be based off of Returns, going in line with representing the previous games instead of the newer ones. It's probably fake.
ah, that's good to know about MP9 and world tour, didn't know that.

also, there was the lost world stage and the pikmin 3 stage so who knows? I guess if it's shown on the US release then there's a bit more credibility here.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Here's one:

This one is so fake it hurts.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was just a joke because of the way it was worded, haha. Partly as well because I picture how ridiculous they would look as a tag team.
I want K. Rool to attack DK by beating him with his nephew's girlfriend by swinging her around by her hair.

That sounds... really awkward... for everyone in that scenario.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The last part makes it sound fake:

"my source doesn't want to tell me everything, just so I would still be surprised. I don't even think he knows I'm posting it online! I probably won't be able to talk with him for a while, especially if he finds out I posted this"

So a "lower dev" in Japan would risk his job spreading secret info to a so called "friend"/acquaintance that clearly isn't close enough to the person since he doesn't seem to care to end all communication "for a while" by leaking the info?

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Here's an idea.. Why don't one of you guys try to contact Sal Romano and see if he can join here and somewhat explain himself a bit I guess? And maybe he see if he has possibly received any more info? His website Gematsu is still up and running and he still posts there seemingly every day. I know this sounds dumb but it might be worth a shot, since this thread has gone a bit stale recently lol. Idk, just brainstorming.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The last part makes it sound fake:

"my source doesn't want to tell me everything, just so I would still be surprised. I don't even think he knows I'm posting it online! I probably won't be able to talk with him for a while, especially if he finds out I posted this"

So a "lower dev" in Japan would risk his job spreading secret info to a so called "friend"/acquaintance that clearly isn't close enough to the person since he doesn't seem to care to end all communication "for a while" by leaking the info?
you will be surprised what people would do for fame. maybe this guy is over expecting the fame he'll get if he leaked info.

well, that is if the leak was real. it's clearly not.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Here's one:

Is this one even trying?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
How funny is it that a leak featuring Ridley goes out of its way to talk him up as an overpowered character within a fanbase notorious for its culture of TooBigotry.

Also, what horrendous grammer.

Also also, @ Starcutter Starcutter , I'm gonna need to see a source on that leak, or I'll instantly start assuming you made and "found" it.

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
So at the "last minute" they cut out everything they had planned for Little Mac and spliced Villager into the general Smash 4 reveal trailer? This alone proves it's fake.
But it wasn't a general trailer, it followed the same pattern as the Mega, WFT, Rosa & Mac trailers.... pre-rendered build-up to character meeting fighters followed by general gameplay including newcomer

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Things obviously might pick up in terms of leak quality when the release date draws near, but as it stands now I doubt we'll see anything matching the same caliber as Palutena, image or otherwise, anytime soon. :ohwell:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
But it wasn't a general trailer, it followed the same pattern as the Mega, WFT, Rosa & Mac trailers.... pre-rendered build-up to character meeting fighters followed by general gameplay including newcomer
I could see why the leaker would think that, the villager was first revealed on little mac's stage after all. Still not buying it though.
[collapse=pics]

and

[/collapse]Basically hinting at a diddy kong reveal that isn't yet ready for the public eye. I don't doubt that diddy is coming, but this is a pretty minor leak if it's true.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Close, but no cigar. I wouldn't second guess a Palutena AT if it were revealed by The Almighty Sakurai, rather than an alleged playtester's playmate, and if The Almighty Sakurai hadn't teased about her under another name in a recent pic, and if there weren't a very convincing leaked pic of her floating around the web, or if Skull Kid or Ashley ever stood the slightest chance of getting in compared to her.
You said, even if she's an AT, she could still be playable, and that's what I was responding to.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I could see why the leaker would think that, the villager was first revealed on little mac's stage after all. Still not buying it though.

[collapse=pics]

and

[/collapse]Basically hinting at a diddy kong reveal that isn't yet ready for the public eye. I don't doubt that diddy is coming, but this is a pretty minor leak if it's true.
99% sure that's fake

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Not that groundbreaking of a discovery (as soon as I saw Little Mac I figured Diddy would follow soon after). But it's something I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom