• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, if you consider him a villain. He's a villain in the first movie (which IS what he's best known for I suppose), good in the Genesect movie, and just kinda there's no reason to believe he's a villain in the games, really.
It isn't much of a villain even in the first movie. Also, the Mewtwo from Genesect's movie isn't the same one from the first movie.

Croco

Smash Lord
For easier reading and the OP:

- Belmont will not appear in the game. ✓ (Possible.)
- Bayonetta will not appear in the game. ✓ (Possible.)
- Wonder Red will not appear in the game. ✓ (Possible.)
- Toon Zelda will not appear in the game. ? (If not playable I believe it could be true. But not in the game at all? even as a trophy? something?)
- There will not be a generation 6 newcomer for Pokemon. ✓ (Possible.)
- Nintendo disregards Project M, and does not take elements from them. ? (No argument here. But why does a translator know about Project M?)

- All fighters will have their most recent voice actors. ✓ (Possible.)
- Characters like Wario and Dedede will have humorous dialogue. ✓ (Possible.)

- It has a improved Ganondorf. ✓ (Possible.)
- Wolf will have a slightly different moveset. ✓ (Possible.)
- Lucas is slightly improved. ✓ (Possible.)
- The Pokemon Trainer will remain with his previous pokemon. ✓ (Possible.)
- Little Mac will have invincibility frames in his recovery. ✓ (Possible.)

- The Villager will receive a female costume. ✓ (Possible.)

- No cuts have been made. ✓ (Possible.)
- Palutena appears as a playable character. ✓ (Possible.)
- Mew Two returns as a playable character. ✓ (Possible.)
- Cloud Strife appears as a playable character. ✓ (Possible.)
- Tingle appears as a playable character. ✓ (Possible.)
- Dixie appears as a playable character. ✓ (Possible.)
- Krystal appears as a playable character. ✓ (Possible.)
- Pac-Man appears as a playable character. ✓ (Possible.)
- Pac-Man's final smash is eating a power-pellet, causing his enemies to turn blue. He eats the players, doing tremendous damage, and is a 2-Hit KO. ✓ (Possible.)
- Shulk appears as a playable character. ✓ (Possible.)
- Shulk's final smash is the "Big Mech" from X. ✓ (Possible.)
- Prince Sable and Takamaru will appear as retro representatives. ✓ (Possible.)
- An avatar from Fire Emblem : Awakening will appear as a playable character. You can import your character to both versions with your save file from the 3DS. ? (Doubting this a little bit.. but it might be possible to import your Animal Crossing character?)

- There will be a Xenoblade stage for the Wii U version. ✓ (Possible.)
- There will be a HarmoKnight stage for the 3DS version. ✓ (Possible.)

- The Masked Man (Mother 3) appears as a collectable trophy. ✓ (Possible.)
- Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven) appears as a collectable trophy. ✓ (Possible.)
- A unspecified Advance Wars representative appears as a collectable trophy ✓ (Possible.)
- Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) appear as a collectable trophy. ✓ (Possible.)
- Geno appears as a trophy. ? (Questions raised as to why? I don't care for Geno.. but if square is involved in this game at all I am shocked Geno isn't playable.)
- Most items from Brawl will not appear, except for the Gooey bomb and the cracker launcher. ✓ (Possible and I hope that freaken smoke ball is gone.)

- There will be a special taunt for the Kid Icarus stage where Pit will talk to Hades, Viridi, and Palutena about the fighters currently in the battle. ✓ (Possible.)
- King K. Rool will be both a boss and a stage hazard. ✓ (Possible.)
- Bowser Jr. appears as a assist trophy, and uses his Paint Brush to spread "goop" that makes traction difficult and inflicts damage. ? (Possible.)
- Chrom appears as a assist trophy. ✓ (Possible.)
- Sora appears as a assist trophy. ? (Possible.. but again even worse then Geno?? Sora and Kingdom Hearts are huge. The game would sell even more with sora playable and cloud not.)
- Waluigi remains as a assist trophy. ✓ (Possible.)
- Isaac remains as a assist trophy. ✓ (Possible.)

- The game will be pushed for the Wii U version to hopefully be out by July, and will be delayed to September if anything interrupts. ✓ (Possible.)
- The game will be much faster than Brawl. ✓ (Possible.)
major thing to point out is that this so called 'translator' mentioned Project M.
I'd go on guessing that it is obviously false.. even though it is posted on 4-chan.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
That Cloud Strife leaker is so full of bs...

So Mario gets 5 representatives and Pokemon gets 6...
PLUS, Cloud never had a major role in any Nintendo console ever.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
You do not need to be on a Nintendo console to be considered for Smash, that is an arbitrary rule discerned from the community. That is an inherent function of 3rd party characters as it is (association with Nintendo is irrelevant as it is not pertinent to their inclusion. They follow a different criteria). That being said, Cloud still makes the leak entirely unbelievable. Just a concurring opinion.
Didn't Sakurai say this himself? According to this thread, he did.

http://smashboards.com/threads/samuraipandas-translation-thread-updated-11-1.72642/

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

- Belmont will not appear in the game.
- Bayonetta will not appear in the game.
- Wonder Red will not appear in the game.
- Toon Zelda will not appear in the game.
- There will not be a generation 6 newcomer for Pokemon.
- Nintendo disregards Project M, and does not take elements from them.

- All fighters will have their most recent voice actors.
- Characters like Wario and Dedede will have humorous dialogue.

- It has a improved Ganondorf.
- Wolf will have a slightly different moveset.
- Lucas is slightly improved.
- The Pokemon Trainer will remain with his previous pokemon.
- Little Mac will have invincibility frames in his recovery.

- The Villager will receive a female costume.

- No cuts have been made.
- Palutena appears as a playable character.
- Mew Two returns as a playable character.
- Cloud Strife appears as a playable character.
- Tingle appears as a playable character.
- Dixie appears as a playable character.
- Krystal appears as a playable character.
- Pac-Man appears as a playable character.
- Pac-Man's final smash is eating a power-pellet, causing his enemies to turn blue. He eats the players, doing tremendous damage, and is a 2-Hit KO.
- Shulk appears as a playable character.
- Shulk's final smash is the "Big Mech" from X.
- Prince Sable and Takamaru will appear as retro representatives.
- An avatar from Fire Emblem : Awakening will appear as a playable character. You can import your character to both versions with your save file from the 3DS.

- There will be a Xenoblade stage for the Wii U version.
- There will be a HarmoKnight stage for the 3DS version.

- The Masked Man (Mother 3) appears as a collectable trophy.
- Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven) appears as a collectable trophy.
- A unspecified Advance Wars representative appears as a collectable trophy
- Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) appear as a collectable trophy.
- Geno appears as a trophy.
- Most items from Brawl will not appear, except for the Gooey bomb and the cracker launcher.

- There will be a special taunt for the Kid Icarus stage where Pit will talk to Hades, Viridi, and Palutena about the fighters currently in the battle.
- King K. Rool will be both a boss and a stage hazard.
- Bowser Jr. appears as a assist trophy, and uses his Paint Brush to spread "goop" that makes traction difficult and inflicts damage.
- Chrom appears as a assist trophy.
- Sora appears as a assist trophy.
- Waluigi remains as a assist trophy.
- Isaac remains as a assist trophy.

- The game will be pushed for the Wii U version to hopefully be out by July, and will be delayed to September if anything interrupts.
- The game will be much faster than Brawl.
Only 2 items from Brawl return? Well, AT's and the Smash Ball are definitely in the game. . . There's two, and the other two listed would make four. I highly doubt Sakurai would only bring back that few. And I'd be a little disappointed with the newcomers if this were true, unless there are some that aren't listed.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Terra or Black Mage are WAY more viable than Cloud for a game celebrating NINTENDO. Not Playstation...

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind Cloud really, it's a possibility. But in the previous leak, Sora being an AT is what made me think this was false. It breaks common sense.
That's what he says in the posts. He says that Sora wanted, well, Sora to be a character, but apparently the team wanted Cloud. Smells pretty like bull****, but I'd say it goes in the OP until disproven.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Anonymous 02/18/14(Tue)14:38 UTC-5 No.>>60676325 >>60676783 >>60678105 >>60684171 >>60684715
"You guys may not believe me who am i kidding, of course you won't but I have some information about this game:

Tingle and Dr. E. Gadd are playable. That's pretty much it, nothing really too exciting I guess (except maybe that you wouldn't expect e gadd), but I wanted to post it here just because I could.

Also one last thing, it's probably not a good idea to predict if leaks are true based on Nintendo directs, as the characters they show for Smash are subject to change pretty close to the actual showing of the direct. For example, Diddy was originally supposed to be shown during the last one, but they decided last minute on Little Mac. Also Little Mac was originally going to be the first newcomer shown, not Villager, but they ultimately chose villager because of New Leaf and whatnot.

Anyways that's all I got. Have fun speculating!"

This isn't the first time E.Gadd and Tingle have been mentioned in a leak. And this also possibly coincides with the leakie 3, with Little Mac being planned to be originally shown. During the brawl era, looking back it was easy to tell which leaks were real or not because the real leaks agreed with each other. This agrees with a leak in the OP along with the e3 leak in a sense, but because it's from 4chan it's probably fake. Thoughts? (Though I doubt a leaker would just randomly pop in a thread and leak info)

Edit: A random post said
"The remaining newcomers are Takamaru, Mii, Palutena, Ridley, Isaac, and to my surprise Lip."
If ended up posting all leaks from 4chan, the OP would be filled up to the brim by now. Posting this because it's quite possible something like this would slip right under our noses and end up being real.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
People seem to have trouble believing Cloud Strife, whereas my concern is more with Prince Sable. I mean, really?

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Any leaker who tells you what their job is can pretty much be immediately discredited. By telling us he's a translator, he becomes VERY easy to pinpoint, and his career in the industry would be finished, and possibly have legal action taken against him. Nobody is truly that stupid to ruin their life to impress people on the internet. Furthermore, I can't speak for every situation, but I know that translators are not privy to all the details of a game beyond what they need to translate.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Anonymous 02/18/14(Tue)14:38 UTC-5 No.>>60676325 >>60676783 >>60678105 >>60684171 >>60684715
"You guys may not believe me who am i kidding, of course you won't but I have some information about this game:

Tingle and Dr. E. Gadd are playable. That's pretty much it, nothing really too exciting I guess (except maybe that you wouldn't expect e gadd), but I wanted to post it here just because I could.

Also one last thing, it's probably not a good idea to predict if leaks are true based on Nintendo directs, as the characters they show for Smash are subject to change pretty close to the actual showing of the direct. For example, Diddy was originally supposed to be shown during the last one, but they decided last minute on Little Mac. Also Little Mac was originally going to be the first newcomer shown, not Villager, but they ultimately chose villager because of New Leaf and whatnot.

This isn't the first time E.Gadd and Tingle have been mentioned in a leak. And this also possibly coincides with the leakie 3, with Little Mac being planned to be originally shown. During the brawl era, looking back it was easy to tell which leaks were real or not because the real leaks agreed with each other. This agrees with a leak in the OP along with the e3 leak in a sense, but because it's from 4chan it's probably fake. Thoughts? (Though I doubt a leaker would just randomly pop in a thread and leak info)
So at the "last minute" they cut out everything they had planned for Little Mac and spliced Villager into the general Smash 4 reveal trailer? This alone proves it's fake.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
People seem to have trouble believing Cloud Strife, whereas my concern is more with Prince Sable. I mean, really?
He deserves the revival more than any potential dead franchise IMO. There's nothing wrong with him.

This leak seems a little lazy.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Absolutely any Nintendo character, no matter how obscure or seemingly irrelevant, is more believable than Cloud.
Cloud has rationale behind him despite my distaste for the series post-FFVI. He is one of the largest gaming figures of all time.
He deserves the revival more than any potential dead franchise IMO. There's nothing wrong with him.
I don't doubt that, but Sable just seems like an attempt to throw someone obscure in for the sake of.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like how the Cloud leaker says that they're getting the most recent voice actors for characters...

and then says David Hayter will voice Snake....

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Cloud has rationale behind him despite my distaste for the series post-FFVI. He is one of the largest gaming figures of all time.
But if anything, wouldn't he be better on PSABR?
He's never appeared on a Nintendo console to my knowledge...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But if anything, wouldn't he be better on PSABR?
He's never appeared on a Nintendo console to my knowledge...
PSABR is a joke. Technically there is Theatrhythm and its sequel, or that Kingdom Hearts GBA port. I dunno where that would fall in Sakurai's mind -- honestly don't care since I'm no fan of his anyways.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Why Cloud over Sora? WHY!!??!!??
Snake was PS representant, Cloud is Xbone representant, I guess. /jk
Random post doesn't attract as much attention for sure as starting a new thread/trip/whatever.
So at the "last minute" they cut out everything they had planned for their reveal trailer and spliced in Villager into the general Smash 4 reveal trailer? This alone proves it's fake.
I had this very crazy leak theory that I was not sure if I should post because it goes against established aliveness of leaks. But this "leak" seems to agree partially, so whatever.

This is pure speculation on my part: The dev team is partitioned. There is a "hype marketing" team that probably includes Sakurai and may include (or not) regular marketing team as well as CGI team. All the other teams are provided with some information about future reveals; however some of this information is intentionally false or potentially false. This encourages leakers to leak false marketing information as proof; then "hype marketing" team "changes stuff at the last minute". The only other team that is at least partially in the know is CGI team which needs to create newcomer trailers before they're released. They don't need veteran info though, and all intros may be done already anyway.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If Sable gets picked, it was because he saw the potential in reviving the franchise. Just like Takamaru, Muddy Mole, and every other retro. It's not an attempt to be picked for the sake of being obscure.
whoa, your avatar is not BLUE!

I like it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Edit: A random post said
"The remaining newcomers are Takamaru, Mii, Palutena, Ridley, Isaac, and to my surprise Lip."
If ended up posting all leaks from 4chan, the OP would be filled up to the brim by now. Posting this because it's quite possible something like this would slip right under our noses and end up being real.
And I would die with no regrets...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This leak is just a Smashboarder's wet dream roster. Calling fake.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Any leak with Lip tells me right off the bat they're pandering to the Smash community.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I feel like the only reason this was suggested was because we're talking about Palutena. No one would second guess Ashley or Skull kid's status as AT.
Close, but no cigar. I wouldn't second guess a Palutena AT if it were revealed by The Almighty Sakurai, rather than an alleged playtester's playmate, and if The Almighty Sakurai hadn't teased about her under another name in a recent pic, and if there weren't a very convincing leaked pic of her floating around the web, or if Skull Kid or Ashley ever stood the slightest chance of getting in compared to her.

Last edited:

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I like how the Cloud leaker says that they're getting the most recent voice actors for characters...

and then says David Hayter will voice Snake....
I think he thought the new voice belongs only to Big Boss.
I don't know if that is actually the case. Maybe David Hayter will voice Snake if there will be any new game with him.

Anyways. I don't believe any leaks. :3

D

Deleted member

- Belmont will not appear in the game.
- Bayonetta will not appear in the game.
- Wonder Red will not appear in the game.
- Toon Zelda will not appear in the game.
- There will not be a generation 6 newcomer for Pokemon.
- Nintendo disregards Project M, and does not take elements from them.

- All fighters will have their most recent voice actors.
- Characters like Wario and Dedede will have humorous dialogue.

- It has a improved Ganondorf.
- Wolf will have a slightly different moveset.
- Lucas is slightly improved.
- The Pokemon Trainer will remain with his previous pokemon.
- Little Mac will have invincibility frames in his recovery.

- The Villager will receive a female costume.

- No cuts have been made.
- Palutena appears as a playable character.
- Mew Two returns as a playable character.
- Cloud Strife appears as a playable character.
- Tingle appears as a playable character.
- Dixie appears as a playable character.
- Krystal appears as a playable character.
- Pac-Man appears as a playable character.
- Pac-Man's final smash is eating a power-pellet, causing his enemies to turn blue. He eats the players, doing tremendous damage, and is a 2-Hit KO.
- Shulk appears as a playable character.
- Shulk's final smash is the "Big Mech" from X.
- Prince Sable and Takamaru will appear as retro representatives.
- An avatar from Fire Emblem : Awakening will appear as a playable character. You can import your character to both versions with your save file from the 3DS.

- There will be a Xenoblade stage for the Wii U version.
- There will be a HarmoKnight stage for the 3DS version.

- The Masked Man (Mother 3) appears as a collectable trophy.
- Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven) appears as a collectable trophy.
- A unspecified Advance Wars representative appears as a collectable trophy
- Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) appear as a collectable trophy.
- Geno appears as a trophy.
- Most items from Brawl will not appear, except for the Gooey bomb and the cracker launcher.

- There will be a special taunt for the Kid Icarus stage where Pit will talk to Hades, Viridi, and Palutena about the fighters currently in the battle.
- King K. Rool will be both a boss and a stage hazard.
- Bowser Jr. appears as a assist trophy, and uses his Paint Brush to spread "goop" that makes traction difficult and inflicts damage.
- Chrom appears as a assist trophy.
- Sora appears as a assist trophy.
- Waluigi remains as a assist trophy.
- Isaac remains as a assist trophy.

- The game will be pushed for the Wii U version to hopefully be out by July, and will be delayed to September if anything interrupts.
- The game will be much faster than Brawl.
CLOUD!?

****ING CLOUD!?
please try harder next time. Come on.
Cloud hasn't been on a single Nintendo console/handheld (iirc), no I refuse to believe this bs.

EDIT: How is Cloud even eligible for smash..
EDIT 2: Just learned hes been on a GBA game....okay then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Lets just wait for Sakurai to reveal Krystal. Of course she would be a clone of fox. Just for the purpose of killing EVERY single leak. I would love it for Sakurai to reveal a character like that. I don't see her in many leaks. And the ones she is in she plays differently than fox. IMO these leaks spoil the roster for me. I feel bad about it. I don't think Sakurai will choose a character that hasn't been in a leak already. But if he does?:chuckle:

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
If you let yourself believe in any leak, you'll believe in the Palutena leak and the "Leaky 3."
Well. I don't, until they are proven.
After that I can still say: Oh, that was really interesting!
The surprise afterwards is still interesting. :)

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Well. I don't, until they are proven.
After that I can still say: Oh, that was really interesting!
The surprise afterwards is still interesting. :)
They haven't been fully disproven, as the 2/3 of the Leaky Three are in a different position from Palutena.
Still, #TeamReal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom