• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
From the non-dead leaks in the original post, my favorite is Betternet Roster Leak (12/20/13). The Cloud leak right above is cool too, well except for Cloud. I don't want him in mah Smash Brothers. I like the Monster Hunter leak too.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The translator leak was my favorite. The perfect smash game. Of course I love the Palutena leak as well.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
To freshen up things here, what is your favorite leak that has been discussed in this thread?
My personal favorite is the Monster Hunter leak.
Translator Leak by far. So much awesomeness but it's too good to be true. Like a big juicy steak waved in front of your face and destiny takes it away.

@ PlayerOneTyler PlayerOneTyler , you get a +1 for your avatar. Great choice!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If you let yourself believe in any leak, you'll believe in the Palutena leak and the "Leaky 3."
I don't believe any of them either. But I can say I've tried my best to disprove the Palutena leak and I really can't say it's fake. But at the same time. We can't say it's real with 100 % certainty. Sure Palutena is the only newcomer I want other than Dixie but I still don't believe it 100%. Only when the game is released and the Palutena model is the same then I'll believe someone leaked it. It's likely to be true based solely on looks. But I'm still weary in putting 100% confidence in something like that. Now if there was a video leak that's totally different.

Text leaks I absolutely don't buy. Unless its REALLY convincing. So far none of the text leaks have convinced me. Text leaks have so many things against them right off the bat. As the saying goes "pics or it didn't happen" but even then I'm careful.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Translator Leak was by far my favorite.
"Fawful is an Assist Trophy with similar function to Resetti. He will attack opponents at random as well."
So Godliek. . .

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't believe any of them either. But I can say I've tried my best to disprove the Palutena leak and I really can't say it's fake. But at the same time. We can't say it's real with 100 % certainty. Sure Palutena is the only newcomer I want other than Dixie but I still don't believe it 100%. Only when the game is released and the Palutena model is the same then I'll believe someone leaked it. It's likely to be true based solely on looks. But I'm still weary in putting 100% confidence in something like that. Now if there was a video leak that's totally different.

Text leaks I absolutely don't buy. Unless its REALLY convincing. So far none of the text leaks have convinced me. Text leaks have so many things against them right off the bat. As the saying goes "pics or it didn't happen" but even then I'm careful.
Not everyone is an English, grammatical, convincing genius.
Salromano for example is believable, and he hardly does anything convincing at all, all he does is list the characters.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Not everyone is an English, grammatical, convincing genius.
Salromano for example is believable, and he hardly does anything convincing at all, all he does is list the characters.
What is the SalRomano leak? I dont see it in the op

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
None of the "leaks" mention anything about an Advance Wars character, so I don't particularly care for any of them! :p

Seriously, though, most have been pretty uninspired so far.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Favorite leak? Why Mr. Predictions of course. Not because he was so polite or some such bs, but because he couldn't keep his mouth closed. The way he crashed and burned even before the 30th via contradicting himself, deleting his own posts, and declaring master hand playable was hilarious. Also the way he developed a cult like following was fascinating. I'd kinda like to dissect the brains of his supporters.

He even tried to salvage the situation on the 30th by convincing people that even though Shulk wasn't reveled, he definitely sure of the rest of his information. Whatever happened to that guy? Did anyone lynch him yet? If so, I'm sorry I missed it.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
leaky 3, is my favorite. :p... but, of course, .. some K. Rool and Ridley in there wouldn't hurt.. btw, there is a leak with Pac, Ridley and K. Rool (all playable) that wasn't debunked yet? (of course, without absurd things, like E.Gadd, please. =P)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It's the "leaky 3."
:p
OOOOHHHHH. Thanks. So this is the guy who leaked WFT, Villager, Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-man. Well... Only 3 of them were revealed at e3. so theres that. This means nothing. Someones says 6 newcomers for e3 and we get 3. Why do people still believe this? Yea people argue they are saving Little mac Mii and Pac man for e3 2014. but not even that maybe for another time. but who was the next character we get? none of them. We get Rosalina instead. And if the guy was predicting for e3 2013 or 2014 then why did/will we get Little Mac at neither of those times? because this leak is fake. Not because Nintendo "changes plans" I don't recall a time when Nintendo ever changed anything because it was leaked. Heck they didn't even change stinkin' VGX presentation when that was leaked. If anything could've killed hype more it was knowing Cranky was in the game before they revealed it at VGX. They should've changed that after it was leaked but they didn't. This proves that Nintendo doesn't care if stuff gets leaked beforehand. So "if" Pac-man,Little Mac, and Mii all got leaked before-hand Nintendo still would've revealed them regardless.

To summarize: If the Sal leak was true the characters would've been revealed at E3 2013. If not then 2014. (but Little Mac won't be revealed at E3 2014) and if it for some strange reason they were saving Mac for a direct we should've gotten Little Mac next not Rosalina.(don't give me an excuse like 3d world/Mario Kart 8. It was made evident that the two games had nothing to do with her reveal) And if Nintendo were to change their mind about revealing something because it was leaked then the VGX would've looked very different than it did.

TL;DR: It was already confirmed fake. and isn't convincing to me.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
The difference is that in VGX, Nintendo (Reggie) confirmed presence and went there ONLY for show Cranky and Tropical Freeze.. E3 is a big show that they control their presentations, they can changes things freely, and in secret. =P

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
None of the "leaks" mention anything about an Advance Wars character, so I don't particularly care for any of them! :p

Seriously, though, most have been pretty uninspired so far.
I still don't get why there isn't an Advance Wars rep in SSB... It is baffling. Not even fake leakers bother putting Sami on their leaks. :sadeyes:

Jazzman

Smash Cadet
TL;DR: It was already confirmed fake. and isn't convincing to me.
I like how you add mis-information to believe its fake when in no way at all did Sals post say it was for E3 2013, nor did he say in a later post Mac, Mii and Pac-man were removed because he leaked them.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The difference is that in VGX, Nintendo (Reggie) confirmed presence and went there ONLY for show Cranky and Tropical Freeze.. E3 is a big show that they control their presentations, they can changes things freely, and in secret. =P
I don't see how you can say something like that without any evidence. E3 and VGX are just presentations either way. Other companies showed a trailer in their block. Nintendo did a game demo. The only thing Nintendo said is that they were showing something about an upcoming game. Thats vague enough that if they wanted to change it then they could and they didn't.
Things can change you know. >.>
There's rescheduling in everything, even our lives.
Yea yea yea... I guess... but there was no reason for it to change... so <.< back at ya. lol.
I like how you add mis-information to believe its fake when in no way at all did Sals post say it was for E3 2013, nor did he say in a later post Mac, Mii and Pac-man were removed because he leaked them.
People that defend the leak said it was for E3 whether 2013 or 2014. I rebutted the arguments that people use to defend his leak so I mean... its really everyone who believes his leak that are adding the misinformation. I'm just refuting it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, he did say it was for E3 2013.

domriver

Smash Lord
I like the the professor layton rumor. xD I see a blue robot , possesed doll and a small boxer! or something like that. Only because Geno is obvious in that statement. jajjajaa so far he has been right! D:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't see how you can say something like that without any evidence. E3 and VGX are just presentations either way. Other companies showed a trailer in their block. Nintendo did a game demo. The only thing Nintendo said is that they were showing something about an upcoming game. Thats vague enough that if they wanted to change it then they could and they didn't.
in VGX Nintendo had a lonely objective, was show Cranky.. and, independent that it leaked before their presentation or not, they couldn't cancel their presence in the show for do something else that haven't even prepared.

At E3, if they had something to show, but, somehow, this thing was leaked, they can reserve for later... after all, they have like 1 hour of presentation, with a ton of things. This difference between the presentation fully geared just for Nintendo (E3) and just few moments of spotlight (VGX)

this is just an analysis of both circumstances, I'm not really pointing anything concrete, though

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That cloud leak is bs but it would be kind of cool. That leak and the monster hunter leak are my favs right now.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
in VGX Nintendo had a lonely objective, was show Cranky.. and, independent that it leaked before their presentation or not, they couldn't cancel their presence in the show for do something else that haven't even prepared.

At E3, if they had something to show, but, somehow, this thing was leaked, they can reserve for later... after all, they have like 1 hour of presentation, with a ton of things. This difference between the presentation fully geared just for Nintendo (E3) and just few moments of spotlight (VGX)

this is just an analysis of both circumstances, I'm not really pointing anything concrete, though
You make a good point. But I think this discussion is getting a little off topic. anyways I think instead of going to go and show cranky I think they were going to try and appeal to a demographic of people that don't play Nintendo. A game demo is very simple to do. They could've picked any game. but they really didn't have any other upcoming games that would be so easy to change. So I guess you're right on that point. you dirty scoundrel. :lol:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I don't necessarily believe any leaks, but I label them as either likely or unlikely.

The Palutena leak is probably true though. It hasn't been debunked, and it's been weeks since it came about.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Here's one:

hey smash community! I got some news for YOU! straight from not Sakuri himself, but one of the lower devs from namco. I talked with this person while visiting japan and here's what he told me.

Doc Louis will appear in little mac's win animations. they take inspiration from punch out!! on the Wii. he's also an assist trophy that's similar to mac in brawl, but with witty quotes.
The fairy doesn't replace the heart container, it's just added alongside it. the deku nut is also still in.
the winged cloud from yoshi's island is an item, it will grant a random attribute (metal, curry, mega, mini, invisible, heal 100%, and invincibility)
The dice block from mario party and wii party is also an item, when thrown does damage shown on the dice (1-6) times 10. disappears after one use.

for pokemon, zororark, as well as the starter pokemon from black and white, as well as the X and Y starters.

for stages, there's a Tropical freeze level based off frozen DK isle. My source says that they are thinking about showing off the stage on DKCTF's US release, but they are still unsure. apparently things like stages and items are usually decided a couple days before.
there's also another Yoshi's Island stage.

here's the part everyone was waiting for, the characters.

Both Prince Sable and Takamaru are in. Takamaru is in from some higher ups at Nintendo's request, and Sakuri wants to revitalize Sabel's franchise after the completion of this smash.
King K Rool from DK is a heavyweight that mostly uses projectiles.
Dixie is added alongside King K Rool, and has some scrapped moves she would have used in brawl.
Ridley is a heavyweight with speed, he's really overpowered. They are thinking of either toning down his speed or his power.
Issac is included because of previous popularity, and because there still seems to be request for him.

my source doesn't want to tell me everything, just so I would still be surprised. I don't even think he knows I'm posting it online! I probably won't be able to talk with him for a while, especially if he finds out I posted this.

don't think it's real, doesn't the dice block go to 10 in mario party?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's one:

hey smash community! I got some news for YOU! straight from not Sakuri himself, but one of the lower devs from namco. I talked with this person while visiting japan and here's what he told me.

Doc Louis will appear in little mac's win animations. they take inspiration from punch out!! on the Wii. he's also an assist trophy that's similar to mac in brawl, but with witty quotes.
The fairy doesn't replace the heart container, it's just added alongside it. the deku nut is also still in.
the winged cloud from yoshi's island is an item, it will grant a random attribute (metal, curry, mega, mini, invisible, heal 100%, and invincibility)
The dice block from mario party and wii party is also an item, when thrown does damage shown on the dice (1-6) times 10. disappears after one use.

for pokemon, zororark, as well as the starter pokemon from black and white, as well as the X and Y starters.

for stages, there's a Tropical freeze level based off frozen DK isle. My source says that they are thinking about showing off the stage on DKCTF's US release, but they are still unsure. apparently things like stages and items are usually decided a couple days before.
there's also another Yoshi's Island stage.

here's the part everyone was waiting for, the characters.

Both Prince Sable and Takamaru are in. Takamaru is in from some higher ups at Nintendo's request, and Sakuri wants to revitalize Sabel's franchise after the completion of this smash.
King K Rool from DK is a heavyweight that mostly uses projectiles.
Dixie is added alongside King K Rool, and has some scrapped moves she would have used in brawl.
Ridley is a heavyweight with speed, he's really overpowered. They are thinking of either toning down his speed or his power.
Issac is included because of previous popularity, and because there still seems to be request for him.

my source doesn't want to tell me everything, just so I would still be surprised. I don't even think he knows I'm posting it online! I probably won't be able to talk with him for a while, especially if he finds out I posted this.
Source?

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I still don't get why there isn't an Advance Wars rep in SSB... It is baffling. Not even fake leakers bother putting Sami on their leaks. :sadeyes:
Advance Wars has no visibility whatsoever in Japan, is on the decline in the West thanks to the passage of half a decade with no new game, and was always a niche series. The facts hurt, but you can't change them. AW also didn't get a character Assist Trophy in Brawl, which really hurt the chances of an AW rep. If we got Andy as an AT instead of the lame Infantry & Tanks there'd be far more requests for him to be playable in SSB4.

SSB4 is Sakurai's big chance to reach out to unrepresented series, so we can hope. I only expect an AW rep if IS pushes for one as part of an effort to revive the series, though; the lack of any popularity in Japan will be simply too damning otherwise.

Seeing so many fake leaks without any mention of an AW character certainly is disheartening. On the other hand, that means an AW rep will be a baffling "WTF?" inclusion for many Smash fans if we do get one, and that thought certainly does not fail to amuse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom