• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, we'll know by the end of this week I figure. Tropical Freeze's US release is but 2 days away after tonight's pic.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yet another leak. No, really, the guy's thread title is "Yet another leak."

Hi there!

First off, yes, I made this account specifically to divulge this information, so no, I'm not credible in the slightest. Take all of this with a grain of salt, as I'm not a firsthand witness to this information. I'll try to get more information if I can, but here's what I've got so far:

Newcomers:
I've only heard about four newcomers. Palutena (Kid Icarus), K Rool (Donkey Kong), Chrom (Fire Emblem), and Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) are all in. The last I heard, there weren't any Brawl cuts. To be honest, the only one I'm excited for is K Rool, having played DK64 as a child.

I've been discrediting the Mac-Pac-Mii rumor until Mac's reveal, so I'll try to look into it further when I get a chance.

Items:
As far as I know, most, if not all, items return from Brawl.
Tiki's Tear is a new item from Fire Emblem, and it does some kind of buff with either damage or knockback, I wasn't entirely clear.
Medusa Head turns enemies into stone for a brief while when they're hit by it
A second item from Kid Icarus is the Tempura Bomb, which turns enemies into Tempura for a brief period of time
Ice Flower is the counterpart to Fire Flower, should be pretty self-explanatory. Freeze doesn't last as long as the Mr. Freezie

ATs:
Mr. Resetti, Shadow, Saki, and Andross all return
King Hippo (Punch Out)
King Gangrel (Fire Emblem)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Toadsworth (Mario)
Protoman (Megaman)
Duster (Mother 3)

I'll keep you updated when I have more information, but that's it for now, I'm afraid. I don't know anything at all about new stages, so your guess is as good as mine there. For now, I've gotta go to sleep, I need to wake up early for my class and work. Cheers!

I personally think it's one of you guys stealing the Gangrel AT and Tiki's Tear ideas from the OP and running with them to appear credible. Also, notice how virtually every "leak" since Mac's reveal has featured a King Hippo AT...But we'll see. You retro nuts get to fawn over Bubbles until the next leak comes up or the mods say enough is enough, whichever comes first.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yet another leak. No, really, the guy's thread title is "Yet another leak."

Hi there!

First off, yes, I made this account specifically to divulge this information, so no, I'm not credible in the slightest. Take all of this with a grain of salt, as I'm not a firsthand witness to this information. I'll try to get more information if I can, but here's what I've got so far:

Newcomers:
I've only heard about four newcomers. Palutena (Kid Icarus), K Rool (Donkey Kong), Chrom (Fire Emblem), and Bubbles (Clu Clu Land) are all in. The last I heard, there weren't any Brawl cuts. To be honest, the only one I'm excited for is K Rool, having played DK64 as a child.

I've been discrediting the Mac-Pac-Mii rumor until Mac's reveal, so I'll try to look into it further when I get a chance.

Items:
As far as I know, most, if not all, items return from Brawl.
Tiki's Tear is a new item from Fire Emblem, and it does some kind of buff with either damage or knockback, I wasn't entirely clear.
Medusa Head turns enemies into stone for a brief while when they're hit by it
A second item from Kid Icarus is the Tempura Bomb, which turns enemies into Tempura for a brief period of time
Ice Flower is the counterpart to Fire Flower, should be pretty self-explanatory. Freeze doesn't last as long as the Mr. Freezie

ATs:
Mr. Resetti, Shadow, Saki, and Andross all return
King Hippo (Punch Out)
King Gangrel (Fire Emblem)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Toadsworth (Mario)
Protoman (Megaman)
Duster (Mother 3)

I'll keep you updated when I have more information, but that's it for now, I'm afraid. I don't know anything at all about new stages, so your guess is as good as mine there. For now, I've gotta go to sleep, I need to wake up early for my class and work. Cheers!

I personally think it's one of you guys stealing the Gangrel AT and Tiki's Tear ideas from the OP and running with them to appear credible. But we'll see. You retro nuts get to fawn over Bubbles until the next leak comes up or the mods say enough is enough, whichever comes first.
I'd love a Duster AT, especially if anyone near him was forced to do the funky monkey dance.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A King Hippo AT does sound pretty awesome even if it probably won't happen.

If one of the fighters punches his head when he has his mouth open he... well, everyone knows how that goes.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
No, but there's an item called "Medusa Head" in Uprising that turns enemies to stone.
Ahh okay, I'm not big on the Icarus franchise. Thank you!

A King Hippo AT does sound pretty awesome even if it probably won't happen.

If one of the fighters punches his head when he has his mouth open he... well, everyone knows how that goes.
He could be in, I feel. He'd be pretty comedic! That and he's really the only other big time PunchOut! character thats really memorable. Him and Glass Joe, but lets pick the more interesting one

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Bubbles playable?

Seriously though, that's such an odd choice for a playable character in Smash, even for Sakurai.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
demo.png

edit: so im going to do a diddy kong fake with the colour and see if it the colour and diddy match
Edit again: here the pic is on the top

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, everyone knows Blossom would be in before Bubbles. :awesome:
Having horrific war time flashbacks to that Cartoon Network rip-off of Smash.

I can't wait till closer to release when leaks start getting more and more closer to being legit and we all go into madness and chaos. Shall be fun.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's not that a King Hippo AT isn't likely, it's just how every leak now just happens to feature him on it as an AT, whereas he'd rarely be mentioned before Little Mac's reveal.

That's way, way too dark a shade of blue for Diddy, by the way; his barrels are sky-blue.

EDIT: That's odd, the more lightly-tinted barrels I remember seeing must have been from an earlier demo build of Tropical Freeze or something, or maybe I'm misremembering. It's a strange choice of color for Diddy, anyhow.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
well that what the color code was
It's not that a King Hippo AT isn't likely, it's just how every leak now just happens to feature him on it as an AT, whereas he'd rarely be mentioned before Little Mac's reveal.

That's way, way too dark a shade of blue for Diddy, by the way; his barrels are sky-blue.
well thats what the colour code was so i had to go with it and thats what it looks like

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Here's something I don't think anyone has brought up. Yes, the color code is blue, but why would the leaker pick BLUE of all colors when everyone expects red? While I don't believe this to be real... Obviously if he was trying to make it look real, he'd pick a red color code... Unless this is actually real that is.

Granted, he could have just put a random color in, but like people before me have said, Diddy's 'color' in Tropical Freeze is indeed blue... I mean, let's face it. If you were going to fake it, wouldn't you instinctively make the color Red?
extremely good point.

Its important to get in the head of someone and think what the mind set of a fake leaker for this stuff would be. looking at the possible motivation for faking or where someone might slip up while faking is how we tell if stuff is real or not.

Diddy's color being "blue" is not exactly what a faker would go for first, yet due to tropical freeze it DOES make sense though it wouldn't have prior to that information which would be very easy for a faker to not think much about. On top of the fact that Diddy isn't exactly an exciting leak and could very well be announced next, it's not much to fake this info...your not tricking people much telling them Diddy will return or that he'll be announced soon.

not saying this is real necessarily but there are some signs here that it very well might be.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, it's definitely not an exciting leak, as we all know Diddy Kong is a pretty inevitable returner in a way or another. The background colors don't really tell much, as I don't personally see them as a big deal - they could be any random color if wanted so. Diddy could have a neon pink background color for all we care. But I think it's a safe bet to assume a Diddy reveal is on its way anyway, and if the background does eventually appear to be this certain shade of blue, then kudos to the leaker, if not, then we'll still get Diddy just with a different background color haha.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i love the pic of the day "the smashbros series dosent always stay true to scale"....did he just confirm ridley?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I hope you're joking. That in no way confirms anything other than scale arguments against Ridley are irrelevant and idiotic.
it is a joke yes but that just killed the stupidest argument against ridley(one that would not die uptill now)

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it is a joke yes but that just killed the stupidest argument against ridley(one that would not die uptill now)
I have a feeling it still wont stop ppl from arguing that point, at least now we can Just link them to the miiverse comment :p

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It seems pointless to not hold onto the grip if you're going to be battling with that shield, no? It's not like she hasn't done that before.

Besides, it already looks like the rope does exist in this image.

Note the white thing sticking out of Palutena's shield here, it could very well be the end of the rope grip.

I mean judging from it's size in the official artwork, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to suggest that we could see the chain that keeps it attached to the shield.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It seems pointless to not hold onto the grip if you're going to be battling with that shield, no? It's not like she hasn't done that before.

Note the white thing sticking out of Palutena's shield here, it could very well be the end of the rope grip.

I mean judging from it's size in the official artwork, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to suggest that we could see the chain that keeps it attached to the shield.
The angle in which she is holding the shield suggests it's her fingers - also, there are two of those "white things" poking out from the shield.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Yeaaah, my immediate thought was that they didn't want to animate the rope, and, what do you know, there's the incredibly simple, logical, and even precedented solution of having her hold it behind the shield... how did these people not consider this?

"That ****’s fake, ya’ll." - here's to me expecting them to have egg all over their faces :p

Also, their bringing up that "Alfonso having an outline" nonsense again - really not counting these guys as a reputable source of information here.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly, it's probably not worth it to add extra bones just for that. That's what it would take. Either that, or it's there behind the shield.

Even if that's somehow fake, don't expect her to have the tassel.

Also, if she's not holding it, it could potentially look extremely awkward to have it jangling around everywhere during a fight. It might not sound it at first, but really think about it.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
lol, yeah, those guys doesn't change my opinion at all, I still say it is legit. But of course, legit or not, I still expect her in the game, so it wouldn't matter much.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The angle in which she is holding the shield suggests it's her fingers - also, there are two of those "white things" poking out from the shield.
That could actually be the case, upon closer inspection. However the fact that she is probably holding onto the rope is still there, and is by far the more likely thing for her to be doing here. But good eye!
shouldprobablybesleepinginsteadofsmashspeculatingrightnow

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm torn between "It's fake, but she's extremely likely anyway" or "It's legitimate, but she's not playable".
I'm somewhere in there. Honestly I'm just waiting to see what happens.

Some part of me just can't see Sakurai wasting her potential by making her non-playable, considering all she has going for her. Stranger things have happened.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing that the pictures have in common if that the orb on Palutena's staff is floating so it'd be odd if they remembered that detail but forgot the rope. I'm in the she's holding it camp.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Faith in the leak restored!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom