• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anything of interest these past few days, or are they the same ol' rumors?

And no rumor on Diddy being confirmed on Friday?

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People who try to give too much away tend to be full of it.
Indeed. ChaosZero and the other Brawl truth-tellers never sat down and answered every question thrown at them by schmoes on GameFAQs because they only had select tidbits of info, rather than the entire roster of characters, stages, ATs and items. That's why this new guy isn't over-the-top fake, despite in all likelihood still being fake.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Any chance you could post the link to that thread? I'm interested in checking it out!

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Guys, please take this conversation to the Character Discussion thread where it belongs.

The "Random Username Leaker" (if that's what we're calling him now) has returned to his GameFAQs thread to answer a few questions. Unlike most, he's not holding a Q&A session in which he answers every minute detail you want to know about the game, from the number of cat easter eggs on Pokemon Stadium 3 to the number of times Wario picks his nose during his idle animation. He has said he would like to ask his "source" about the Leaking Three and Palutena over the next few days, though he does not promise information.

Not expecting much of this, but again, it's at least less blatantly false than the Q&A kids' attempts.
Yay! The name I gave the leaker stuck around! :DDD

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I feel like people that don't want Ridley have either never played a metroid game or are really selfish. Ridley CAN be scaled just like Bowser, Olimar and the Kirby characters.

Don't give me that "it wouldn't look right" bs. Maybe his earlier forms wouldn't work well but Other M model would scale perfectly (even though I prefer skinny Ridley).

tbh, I will be outraged if Samus is the only representative AGAIN. (I don't count Zamus cause same person)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel like people that don't want Ridley have either never played a metroid game or are really selfish. Ridley CAN be scaled just like Bowser, Olimar and the Kirby characters.

Don't give me that "it wouldn't look right" bs. Maybe his earlier forms wouldn't work well but Other M model would scale perfectly (even though I prefer skinny Ridley).

tbh, I will be outraged if Samus is the only representative AGAIN. (I don't count Zamus cause same person)
Amen what is everyone's problem with this dragon

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Amen what is everyone's problem with this dragon
I feel like it's the people that want more Mario, Zelda or Pokemon characters. It's not fair at all.

Metroid is more popular and has more games than some series in smash and they get 2-3 representatives. Metroid is always stuck with Samus, don't get me wrong... Samus is awesome. But I think after 10 years, it's time to add at least one more representative.

Anthony Higgs, Sylux or Adam Malkovich would be ok with me but I think Ridley and Samus are the faces of metroid.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer

I've never been a Metroid fan, or even gotten far enough in a Metroid game to even see Ridley. But god dammit, I want Ridley in this game simply because he's been such a high-demand character.

The only reason I can see Sakurai not adding Ridley at this point is because of some weird-ass Sakurai logic like "he's too scary for younger gamers", or something.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The only reason I can see Sakurai not adding Ridley at this point is because of some weird-*** Sakurai logic like "he's too scary for younger gamers", or something.
Indeed, that would be a very weird reasoning to avoid putting Ridley in the game, since we already have stuff like Pig Ganon (Ganondorf's Final Smash), which is... disturbing to say the least. Not to mention Ness and Lucas, plus Samus herself, characters that come from not-so-kid-friendly games (In Mother is more because of the ****ed up plot, than overall aesthetics). Then we have a creepy giant laughing hand as the boss of the game, which tops everything I previously said in terms of scariness (seriously!!).

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's weird to me that the Ridley tease was so early yet...no Ridley thus far. The more time that passes makes me think that it's more likely that Ridley will be playable.

One thing makes me curious though. Has ANYONE done an analysis of all the photos/footage of the Pyrosphere stage in regards to the holes on the wall to see if they're static or dynamic or static?

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like Ridley has been teased for a looong time, would certainly be a bummer if he didn't make it this time. I think that Samus (/ZSS) + Ridley would be a solid pair when it comes to Metroid reps, seriously, that's all people want and need, you barely see support for any other Metroid characters. If we get that, then we'd be set for the present and future and all the raging could finally end haha. You'd think that the haters would be more accepting since we only want a _single_ character like Ridley in, and if/when he does get in, then that's that. It's not like we're wanting a bunch of weird, obscure characters jumping on stage.

Reila

It's weird to me that the Ridley tease was so early yet...no Ridley thus far. The more time that passes makes me think that it's more likely that Ridley will be playable.

One thing makes me curious though. Has ANYONE done an analysis of all the photos/footage of the Pyrosphere stage in regards to the holes on the wall to see if they're static or dynamic or static?
I recall someone saying that the damage in the walls of Pyrosphere seem to be the same in all of the 20+ pictures we have of it.

So, one could conclude they're static, unless Sakurai took each and every picture at the exact same frame.

Last edited:

Ascended

Smash Ace
I've been saying this for a long time, but I think the holes are static because in Other M, Ridley busts through AFTER you fight him since he needs to escape and heal. So going off that logic, he wouldn't be confined to the Pyrosphere in Sm4sh.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
The reason the too big, or really any argument against Ridley, is wrong is because Sakurai is the only one in control of which character does or does not get in. If Sakurai himself says Ridley is too big for Smash, then he we just have to accept that he is. If Sakurai decides he wants Ridley playable, he'll be playable, simple as that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If Sakurai himself says Ridley is too big for Smash, then that's Sakurai's opinion that may or may not (*cough* Villager *cough*) endure for as long as he continues developing Smash titles. Once he's gone, there'll be a whole new guy in charge with a whole new set of opinions. And so on and so forth.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
If I was making SSB (and I hope to do that one day), I'd jam pack it with as much as the game could hold. 60+ characters, 50+ AT, all stages from 64 - Wii U and the games after it, and almost 2000 trophies spanning ALL of Nintendo's gaming history leaving no stone unturned. I would make it the greatest SSB of all.

EDIT: And costumes for each character.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If I was making SSB (and I hope to do that one day), I'd jam pack it with as much as the game could hold. 60+ characters, 50+ AT, all stages from 64 - Wii U and the games after it, and almost 2000 trophies spanning ALL of Nintendo's gaming history leaving no stone unturned. I would make it the greatest SSB of all.
Say goodbye to 5 years of your life then

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Only 60 characters? Try 80-90. Now that would be incredible.
Actually...

Everyone's Favorites Roster.png

This might satisfy everyone haha...

Anyways, if Ridley were to be in the game, with his high demand I can see him being the VERY LAST character announced.

And leak wise...I see nothing new. I keep seeing the same Palutena :\. How else can we keep this thread alive? every other leak is pathetic trash...

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sakurai beat around the bush with the Punch-Out! stage for seven months, and that was for a confirmed character reveal for one of the most-requested newcomers. All bets are off when it comes to how he'll handle reveals.

Heck, it took us a pretty long time to find out what was going on with the Yellow Devil.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sakurai beat around the bush with the Punch-Out! stage for seven months, and that was for a confirmed character reveal for one of the most-requested newcomers. All bets are off when it comes to how he'll handle reveals.

Heck, it took us a pretty long time to find out what was going on with the Yellow Devil.
Little Mac is more a counterexample as he played around with him and he became a character, character-related ATs, moves and hazards on the other hand were revealed instantly or not too long after.

And we still had some indication what its role was, that's much more then whatever Ridley's (and Palutena for that matter) getting at the moment.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Here's how I'd implement the characters in @ Nintendotard Nintendotard 's list:
Red line = playable
Red circle = costume
Green line = Assist Trophy
Yellow line = Trophy
Brown line = boss
Blue line = pokeball

And now I'm out for the night. later. PM me any comments about it.

Attachments

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, let's try something here to get back on topic...

@suomynona, remember when you said Diddy wouldn't be revealed last week? Care to enlighten us with any intel about whether or not he's getting revealed tomorrow instead?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't the more logical reason for that being the chosen stage was because its the only decent place to represent Other M? I mean they used it in DOA for 3DS and Ridley was a hazard in that. Samus wasn't even playable.

D

Deleted member

Actually...

View attachment 8874

This might satisfy everyone haha...

Anyways, if Ridley were to be in the game, with his high demand I can see him being the VERY LAST character announced.

And leak wise...I see nothing new. I keep seeing the same Palutena :\. How else can we keep this thread alive? every other leak is pathetic trash...
Missing half the guys from my sig.
I'm not satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Guys, please take this conversation to the Character Discussion thread where it belongs.

The "Random Username Leaker" (if that's what we're calling him now) has returned to his GameFAQs thread to answer a few questions. Unlike most, he's not holding a Q&A session in which he answers every minute detail you want to know about the game, from the number of cat easter eggs on Pokemon Stadium 3 to the number of times Wario picks his nose during his idle animation. He has said he would like to ask his "source" about the Leaking Three and Palutena over the next few days, though he does not promise information.

Not expecting much of this, but again, it's at least less blatantly false than the Q&A kids' attempts.
I'm reaaal skeptical on Gangrel as an AT. Gangrel's not even that popular. If we got a random secondary character from Awakening as an AT over Lords from other games in the series, it'd most likely be Tharja, as she's ridiculously popular.

Still, that leak isn't so poorly constructed so as to be offensive, so that's something.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Question was there a leak that said anything about a Mask Link (MM Young Link)? Or is this just something people think would be a cool idea?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Question was there a leak that said anything about a Mask Link (MM Young Link)? Or is this just something people think would be a cool idea?
I'm sure that somewhere there's been a leak that suggested MM Link. At the moment, there are no live leaks that suggest his appearance.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Hi, new here. I don't care who is in Smash Bros, as long as I see the people I want the most *cough*LadyPalutena*cough*.
But I actually kinda can't see Ridley. To represent Metroid, I'd prefer one of the Metroid Prime Hunters more than Ridley. Ridley COULD be scaled down, but it'd be weird. He already appeared large in a Smash game, and is most likely the stage hazard for Pyrosphere. And it'd not like they could put Kraid in Pyrosphere, it's RIDLEY'S arena.
The reason characters like Bowser, who are depicted large in most main series Mario games, is because in the sports games, kart games, party games, etc., he's depicted as normal-sized, making him canonical to his size.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Hi, new here. I don't care who is in Smash Bros, as long as I see the people I want the most *cough*LadyPalutena*cough*.
But I actually kinda can't see Ridley. To represent Metroid, I'd prefer one of the Metroid Prime Hunters more than Ridley. Ridley COULD be scaled down, but it'd be weird. He already appeared large in a Smash game, and is most likely the stage hazard for Pyrosphere. And it'd not like they could put Kraid in Pyrosphere, it's RIDLEY'S arena.
The reason characters like Bowser, who are depicted large in most main series Mario games, is because in the sports games, kart games, party games, etc., he's depicted as normal-sized, making him canonical to his size.
Bowser can be small cuz' he's small in spinoffs, but Ridley can't be made playable even though he's about Samus' size in the first game, and in the opening for Melee? Trust me, there is literally nothing standing in the way for Ridley here but Sakurai's personal wishes. This is proof enough that Ridley would work well: http://puu.sh/6IFtB
And Before you say 'he looks weird', so does Pikachu being many many times bigger than he is, and Olimar being a giant compared to his real size.
Plus, nothing has said that there WILL be some boss/hazard thins in Pyrosphere. Plus, Other M Ridley will work very good compared to his other versions, and Pyrosphere and Samus are the Other M version so Ridley will be, too, in whatever way he appears. Etc etc. I asure you, Ridley is extremely possible~

Buut, yeah, Rumor thread, so let's talk rumors. Though there aren't many.

Reila

Cool. You want a random irrelevant hunter that appears in one game over the main villain of the series. I don't even feel like arguing...

Anyway, I think you should post your opinions about Ridley in his respective thread, not here.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ugh, there are no leaks.

thing2.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom