• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I believe that the Palutena leak is real. I don't expect seeing her soon though, especially if Sakurai knows about it.

I wrote a fake leak a while back.

Everyone ignored it.

Even Gamefaqs.

That's when you know you're a failure.
I've always wanted to make a fake leak. If it was ignored I'd be so upset. Maybe I'll make one soon...

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I have a rumor regarding Zelda. Namely, this photo:

Apparently, this move is Zelda's new down special, replacing her transformation. The rumor hints that either Ghirahim or Impa will replace Sheik, or rather that there will be no replacement for Sheik at all.

Notice the similarities between the Darknut and the Spirit Tracks Darknut, which is directly related to Zelda. Common sense will tell you that they wouldn't remove any of her goddess related abilities, so clearly, this is obviously her down special. After all, Zelda's transformation would only make sense to be a throwaway move, seeing that Sheik is based only on tradition now (at least in SSB). Quite simply, Sheik is a remnant of N64 era and isn't truly that relevant outside of popularity.

However, I DO wish that Sheik would return, but seeing how this is clearly Zelda's down special, I don't see how she would. Remember this post.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560

Apparently, this move is Zelda's new down special, replacing her transformation. The rumor hints that either Ghirahim or Impa will replace Sheik, or rather that there will be no replacement for Sheik at all.

Notice the similarities between the Darknut and the Spirit Tracks Darknut, which is directly related to Zelda. Common sense will tell you that they wouldn't remove any of her goddess related abilities, so clearly, this is obviously her down special. After all, Zelda's transformation would only make sense to be a throwaway move, seeing that Sheik is based only on tradition now (at least in SSB). Quite simply, Sheik is a remnant of N64 era and isn't truly that relevant outside of popularity.

However, I DO wish that Sheik would return, but seeing how this is clearly Zelda's down special, I don't see how she would. Remember this post.
Transformations could have just been moved to taunts, if that is even a down special.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I believe that the Palutena leak is real. I don't expect seeing her soon though, especially if Sakurai knows about it.

I've always wanted to make a fake leak. If it was ignored I'd be so upset. Maybe I'll make one soon...
I've made two. One is being speculated right now, and people think I put no effort into it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Theres no phantom in this pic. Its just an assist trophy. Sheik is still in don't worry.

It's defenitly not a down special. It just looks like a forward smash or a grab to me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

If characters were cut because they weren't relevant outside of popularity, we wouldn't have characters like Ness and C. Falcon

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

That's not a rumor.

That's a theory.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Link was created as an avatar. Is Link worthless? No, because he got a ton of games and he's popular. Miis are popular. miiverse.nintendo.com
Let's say I think Metroid Prime represents everything wrong with the industry. Does it make it true? Not in any way.
The hardcore thing? Complete lies. SSBB is the best selling Wii game in NA,and Sakurai has stated that the game has both audiences in mind.
When you cut the opinions from this argument, you're left with nothing.

Although I agree that the Mii is not "the worst thing to come to the Nintendo" and agree that the original poster of that just has personality issues like most teenage gamers this day where playing "kiddy" games makes him feel less of a man, you have many inconsistencies in your post.

First, Link wasn't made to be a faceless avatar. Sure, an avatar, yes. You are supposed to be able to reflect your emotions into Link but that isn't close to what a Mii is. A Mii is supposed to be, well, me. In today's gaming vocabulary avatar means much more than what Link was supposed to be when he was first made, today's modern terms wouldn't classify him as such.

Link is considered a silent protagonist, someone anyone can connect with. An avatar, such as the Mii is supposed to be a representation of yourself, which Link isn't.

Second. Wii Sports was the biggest selling game on the Wii, even if you don't count Wii sports because it was bundled (I don't count it), there is still New Super Mario and Mario Kart to account for, which both surpassed Brawl in sales.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But what if taunts don't do that? What then? A taunt is a taunt. I don't see why a taunt would become a move... that's why it's a taunt.
Yes, taunts can't be moves at all or serve a function...

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Yes, taunts can't be moves at all or serve a function...
Because people can use Luigi's taunt competitively right? Pretty sure people can use Sheik competitively. The rumor makes complete sense. Sheik isn't a joke, Luigi's taunt is though. Also, Kirby's taunt isn't really a move... it's just to remove her transformation. Sheik is a whole new character. That's giving Zelda 5 special moves... unfair and unlikely.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I said it the day after Christmas, and I'll say it again:

The Phantom is clearly a Toon design. If they were gonna mix aspects of both the regular series and the Toon games into one character, then why even include Toon Link in the first place? Whatever makes him unique at all should have just been incorporated into regular Link's moveset.

And so what if Sheik hasn't been in a game for a while? Neither has Ness, or the ICs or even Captain Falcon. She's a Smash staple, a fun character, and if anything happens to her at all, it'd be mere separation from Zelda.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
If characters were cut because they weren't relevant outside of popularity, we wouldn't have characters like Ness and C. Falcon
Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are all originals, remember that. A lot of you people will disagree with my sense and understanding of the rumor simply because YOU specifically don't want Sheik to be cut. I am indifferent. If Sheik was cut, it would make plenty of sense.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Because people can use Luigi's taunt competitively right? Pretty sure people can use Sheik competitively. The rumor makes complete sense. Sheik isn't a joke, Luigi's taunt is though. Also, Kirby's taunt isn't really a move... it's just to remove her transformation. Sheik is a whole new character. That's giving Zelda 5 special moves... unfair and unlikely.
you still havent made an excuse about zero suit samus

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did you just call Kirby a girl?

Anyway, Samus can transform using taunts, why can't Zelda? Also I didn't just refer to taunts being a move, but taunts being able to serve a function.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Why does it matter if it's competitive? Samus uses her taunt to transform into ZSS. People use ZSS competitively.

And Kirby is a guy.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Okay, apparently I wasn't aware that a taunt can initiate Samus transformation. I stand corrected. Still... I do believe the rumor that Sheik will no longer be apart of Zelda and Impa/Ghirahim will suffice as a replacement (similar play styles).

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are all originals, remember that. A lot of you people will disagree with my sense and understanding of the rumor simply because YOU specifically don't want Sheik to be cut. I am indifferent. If Sheik was cut, it would make plenty of sense.
Ocarina of Time 3d. I really never cared about sheik. I don't care either way but it doesn't seem like she will be taken out, Zelda and Shiek were revealed seperately in brawl too. Its just so Sakurai can fill the gaps without giving away too many characters.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Why does it matter if it's competitive? Samus uses her taunt to transform into ZSS. People use ZSS competitively.

And Kirby is a guy.
Don't care, looks female to me. Not a big Kirby fan either. Let's keep the discussion relevant. Nobody cares about a video game character's gender... maybe because their not real things with rights or anything.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Don't care, looks female to me. Not a big Kirby fan either. Let's keep the discussion relevant. Nobody cares about a video game character's gender... maybe because their not real things with rights or anything.
wow thats very stupid the kirby thing i mean

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nobody cares about a video game character's gender... maybe because their not real things with rights or anything.
Samus is a boy and Little Mac is a girl. See how weird that sounds? People care about gender. It's part of what makes any character.

Regardless, your Sheik "rumor" isn't actually a rumor. I suggest moving it to another thread.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Transformations could have just been moved to taunts, if that is even a down special.
I think that's just her taunting, but, yeah, I personally hope that certain moves get moved to taunts (Jiggly's rest). However, they'd have to make some taunts available in the air.....which I'm totally cool with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom