• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So...

About that Palutena leak...

You think it's real or fake?

I want to count people's opinions.
Definitely real. Over this thread's nearly 400 pages, we've been able to put down every single other photo "leak" within minutes in most cases. That hasn't happened with the Palutena pic for weeks and weeks because nothing like it exists, with details like the Starman, the rock that can now be seen in one of Little Mac's photos, and the unique Mario pose being exclusive to the leak alone. What's more, Fatman is right in that the "fake" crowd has not produced any convincing arguments; I'll go a step further and say those arguments are pretty pathetic. There's clipping in that photo, thus it's fake? Where have you been this whole game? It's false until proven real? Nope. False and true are states of being, not temporary conditions.

tl;dr Definitely real, look forward to Palutena sometime pre-release.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Definitely real. Over this thread's nearly 400 pages, we've been able to put down every single other photo "leak" within minutes in most cases. That hasn't happened with the Palutena pic for weeks and weeks because nothing like it exists, with details like the Starman, the rock that can now be seen in one of Little Mac's photos, and the unique Mario pose being exclusive to the leak alone. What's more, Fatman is right in that the "fake" crowd has not produced any convincing arguments; I'll go a step further and say those arguments are pretty pathetic. There's clipping in that photo, thus it's fake? Where have you been this whole game? It's false until proven real? Nope. False and true are states of being, not temporary conditions.

tl;dr Definitely real, look forward to Palutena sometime pre-release.
I think the star man thing was disproven

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No one seems to understand that adding Mii is the absolute worst possible addition to SSB. The Mii represents everything wrong with Nintendo and deny it if you will, but that is the Nintendo Wii. Sure, Nintendo Wii had quite some success during its lifetime, but that still does not eliminate the fact that it is seen as a child's console. Adding a Mii to the roster would only solidify this misconception. Remember, Super Smash Bros. 4 is a HARDCORE game in a HARDCORE franchise. Make no mistake, SSB has a cult following by a good group of fans (this website is proof). Besides the Wii Fit Trainer, who clearly is an icon for a new movement of "fitness" related gaming, the Mii has no appeal to hardcore gamers who have otherwise never touched a Wii for the purpose of customizing their own stupid avatar for what they believe is a stupid console.
**** Mii and everyone who wants it in the game. If the Mii is in the game there's not much we can do about it, but to everyone who does want the Mii in the game just proves that their backing this whole childish image that is blowing up in Nintendo's face. You don't support Nintendo if you want Mii in the game.
Why can't Miis remain as insignificant as the generic Xbox avatar? They don't deserve the Smash Bros. treatment, they're not iconic. They are worthless and in my opinion, the very poison of Nintendo.
Link was created as an avatar. Is Link worthless? No, because he got a ton of games and he's popular. Miis are popular. miiverse.nintendo.com
Let's say I think Metroid Prime represents everything wrong with the industry. Does it make it true? Not in any way.
The hardcore thing? Complete lies. SSBB is the best selling Wii game in NA,and Sakurai has stated that the game has both audiences in mind.
When you cut the opinions from this argument, you're left with nothing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Watch the MH leak is real although, I am positive miis are in if not then oh well. I can totally see 5 this's parties happening. I believe this could happen and miis would have no similarities to villager but I shall debate that elsewhere tomorrow. Anyway I am up for that rumor. Also the rumor claiming they knew about little Mac should be debunked since it says kamek is the last reveal during a huge hype 24 board cast before a world wide release. I would think a much better reveal for a big event like that. Also shouldn't bowser jr would be better as the baby's enemy for yoshi as a smash series. That leak with poo from earthbound is something I am iffy about. Anyway I also agree on what was said about 2nd reps for thee 3rd party franchises. Oh though knights is likely if they went that route i would much rather billy hatcher but that is probably just me. Anyway excuse any bad grammar in this. I am typing on a phone

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I do feel like this should be said though...

That Diddy / Dedede leak?

Yeah... That was made by me, Bkupa and John...

But it's wrong now so......

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Mods making a leak. I just think its funny.
To be fair, we weren't mods at the time.

But yeah, like most of the users here who have made false leaks, it started as a social experiment that turned out to not really be all that socially interesting. So rest assured, it's not happening again, at least from me.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Can there be an exception to the rule (which is not being able to admit you made a leak) where you can say it's false but only after it's disproven?

That sounds fair.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can there be an exception to the rule (which is not being able to admit you made a leak) where you can say it's false but only after it's disproven?

That sounds fair.
No.

There is no exception.

We were just being buts.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So...

About that Palutena leak...

You think it's real or fake?

I want to count people's opinions.
I pretty much have no choice to believe it at this moment. It's the most solid leak we have besides the E3 Leak. It might even be more solid than the E3 leak.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I wrote a fake leak once. My off the wall character was the hero from the newer Dragon Quest games involving quite a dynamic moveset that centered around the various different weapon types and spells he could use from all possible configurations. My roster was mostly conservative but had a few other bold points; I think Mach Rider as a secret character was pretty good, and the moveset involving him always being on the bike and being a fast ground control character was pretty cool. I even had a great cover story for my leak; I worked for NoA as a translator and had been working on trophy descriptions and special messages so I only knew what was in the game based on the trophy list though I had drawn some fascinating conclusions from that (like how Lucas's data was at the bottom of all lists, suggesting he was almost cut) and of course the trophies discussed some of how the characters played (but I hadn't actually played the game so I couldn't answer questions for any more details!). I'm pretty sure I could have fooled a ton of people, but then I did the responsible thing and didn't post it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So Palutena leak. The pic is very convincing BUT the concept behind it. hmm... someone inside nintendo/namco leaking a character. This makes me think that Palutena will be a secret character in the game. Is there any precedent? were there picture leaks for past smash games or nintendo games in general? And if not were there any text leaks before another smash game that were true before the game came out anywhere? the brawl leaks came after it had come out in japan correct?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Palutena leak. The pic is very convincing BUT the concept behind it. hmm... someone inside nintendo/namco leaking a character. This makes me think that Palutena will be a secret character in the game. Is there any precedent? were there picture leaks for past smash games or nintendo games in general? And if not were there any text leaks before another smash game that were true before the game came out anywhere? the brawl leaks came after it had come out in japan correct?
The whole Brawl roster and all stages barring 75m were leaked before Japanese release.

People just didn't believe it because of R.O.B. :rob:

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The whole Brawl roster and all stages barring 75m were leaked before Japanese release.

People just didn't believe it because of R.O.B. :rob:
Oooh intresting. How long before? if its a long time before it was released then it was probably someone on the inside. which means this Palutena leak gains more credibility. If it was like a week or two before release then it could've been some guy that works at a japanese GameStop that got the game early and beat it then leaked stuff.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oooh intresting. How long before? if its a long time before it was released then it was probably someone on the inside. which means this Palutena leak gains more credibility. If it was like a week or two before release then it could've been some guy that works at a japanese GameStop that got the game early and beat it then leaked stuff.
I believe it was two or three months beforehand?

Anyone know for sure?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wrote a fake leak once. My off the wall character was the hero from the newer Dragon Quest games involving quite a dynamic moveset that centered around the various different weapon types and spells he could use from all possible configurations. My roster was mostly conservative but had a few other bold points; I think Mach Rider as a secret character was pretty good, and the moveset involving him always being on the bike and being a fast ground control character was pretty cool. I even had a great cover story for my leak; I worked for NoA as a translator and had been working on trophy descriptions and special messages so I only knew what was in the game based on the trophy list though I had drawn some fascinating conclusions from that (like how Lucas's data was at the bottom of all lists, suggesting he was almost cut) and of course the trophies discussed some of how the characters played (but I hadn't actually played the game so I couldn't answer questions for any more details!). I'm pretty sure I could have fooled a ton of people, but then I did the responsible thing and didn't post it.
You are very creative it seems though. Good ideas for a fake leak.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Anyone know for sure?
I don't know the exact date, but an article was made on it January 4th, 2008, so sometime before then.

EDIT: According to said article, the leak was made on October 31st.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Anyone know for sure?
So if it was 2-3 months before then that seems like it could've been someone making the game or something. But the Palutena leak? We won't be getting the game for at least another 6 months from the time it was posted! Wow thats a pretty big gap to me. And during the time of the leak Sakurai said he was working on the games balance. It could've been a Japanese play tester since it was leaked on 2chan. This makes me think that the whole job was organized by Sakurai.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
So if it was 2-3 months before then that seems like it could've been someone making the game or something. But the Palutena leak? We won't be getting the game for at least another 6 months from the time it was posted! Wow thats a pretty big gap to me. And during the time of the leak Sakurai said he was working on the games balance. It could've been a Japanese play tester since it was leaked on 2chan. This makes me think that the whole job was organized by Sakurai.
You seem to be spot on, I think Sakurai is trying to trick us with Palutena, by giving us a leak of her.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Does anyone know the model of 3DS that was used in the leak of Palutena, because I remember it was gold color and if it was does it have been on sale in Japan or NA (maybe is my mind tricking me).
.n_n.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Does anyone know the model of 3DS that was used in the leak of Palutena, because I remember it was gold color and if it was does it have been on sale in Japan or NA (maybe is my mind tricking me).
.n_n.
I love your avatar. NMH was/is a great game.

On topic: I'm surprised that no rumors/leaks had Travis or any other NMH character in them.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wrote a fake leak a while back.

Everyone ignored it.

Even Gamefaqs.

That's when you know you're a failure.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyone know for sure?
She made a direct comment about how she thinks the Palutena leak is false.

Do you even get paid for being a mod? Just wondering.
I'm gonna go and assume you're genuinely curious and are not trying to start anything....

No one on this site is paid as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom