• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I honestly don't think Sakurai has malicious intent in picking any characters he picks. That's the thing that fans do that often makes us seem self intitled.

Just because we want a certain character, doesn't mean that Sakurai is entitled to put that character into the roster. There could be numerous reasons that character simply isn't working.

And really even if we get to an era of Smash where there are 6 3rd parties. I'm gonna assume that Sakurai would be wise in selecting who they were and would not place importance on them over the new potential Nintendo reps.

D

Deleted member

All I'm getting out of this discussion is that the current not going to happen character BluePikmin is obsessing about is Monster Hunter.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well that 1 came out of left field, I never thought of Wonder Red as a 1st Party character, if anything he's 2nd Party at most, since Platinum games were the ones who published it.
Platinum games developed it, Nintendo published it

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
All I'm getting out of this discussion is that the current not going to happen character BluePikmin is obsessing about is Monster Hunter.
Nah, I'm just discussing this leak as if it were true. :p
The amount of third parties in the leak is makes me really skeptical.

Any roster with 6 third-parties isn't going to be true. With all the statements Sakurai has made regarding third-party characters? No offense, but I honestly think the only reason you're even considering this is because you really want Sable,
No not that's not the sole reason. :p

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nah, I'm just discussing this leak as if it were true. :p
The amount of third parties in the leak is making me skeptical.
Maybe if this were PSASBR that many 3rd parties would be plausible.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So I guess we have it down then. This leak is fake even though Little Mac was revealed. It was a lucky guess from a list of characters where really two or three deserve to be in Smash. Plus the leak implies that there could be a lot of third party characters. Too many third party characters if you ask me. If characters like Slime or Sable are revealed then we can give this leak another look. Until then I think we all know its fake.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So I guess we have it down then. This leak is fake even though Little Mac was revealed. It was a lucky guess from a list of characters where really two or three deserve to be in Smash. Plus the leak is implies that there could be a lot of third party characters. Too many third party characters if you ask me. If characters like Slime or Sable are revealed then we can give this leak another look. Until then I think we all know its fake.
Little Mac was a shoe in from the beginning. There's no reason to trust any leak that gives a character as popular as him a reveal more than any other leak.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Little Mac was a shoe in from the beginning. There's no reason to trust any leak that gives a character as popular as him a reveal more than any other leak.
I agree, only that begs the question, which other Assist trophy/Pokeball character will move up a slot to be playable?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

About that Palutena leak...

You think it's real or fake?

I want to count people's opinions.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Warning Received
I don't know about Pokemon, but I have a feeling that Isaac will be able to be playable this time.
Well, since Isaac is pretty much likely the next Assist trophy-turned playable character, I was thinking for the Pokeball Pokémon turned playable character, I was thinking Gardevoir (although she would probably turn out to be a Zelda/Mewtwo clone hybrid, and we know that we can't stand clones).

I think that it's real, give it like 2 months then Sakurai will spill the beans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So...

#TeamReal all the way. I shall remain on this side forever, unless she is full-on deconfirmed by Sakurai.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So...

I think the fact that there being only 2 pics, on the 3DS no less (due to low poly + black border being a pretty convenient combination for photoshoppers like me XD) makes me doubt the validity of the pictures.

Doesn't mean Palutena doesn't have a shot of her own. But it's just NOT this, you know?. I do think the low-poly nature of the 3DS lends itself to ripping and tweaking Palutena from the Uprising, or AR model, and then smooth out the rough edges with the black border.

That's all that comes to mind, really. One would think we'd have seen a little more pics of her in action. Or a pic of her face icon in the hud, or something.

As to other Assist Trophies getting the Mac treatment: Saki most definitely, and Isaac has a pretty good shot too.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hope she makes the roster, she would be a blast to play as, I'm already hyped to try out Lil Mac.
If she makes the roster, It's Lady Palutena and Mac, baby for me. All day.

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
So...

Pretty sure it's fake, but this will never be known even if she gets in unless it's the exact same model. Even if it is different, people will still claim it was true and say that it was just changed mid-development.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I do hope Palutena gets in. She's been requested plenty, and her personality makeover makes her a really likeable character.
Pretty sure her moveset will be very original too, since Sakurai has... well... all of Uprising to get moves from.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I do hope Palutena gets in. She's been requested plenty, and her personality makeover makes her a really likeable character.
Pretty sure her moveset will be very original too, since Sakurai has... well... all of Uprising to get moves from.
That is true, most of her moveset is probably going to come directly from Uprising.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So...

I say real because the evidence for it is a lot more compelling than the evidence against it plus I feel like she's going to happen anyways whether it's real or not. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she was revealed before E3.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well how do we all think the Palutena leak happened? What is the back-story behind it? We need to analyze these types of things no matter how convincing a picture can be. Can someone that knows a thing or two about game development explain how something like this could happen?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well how do we all think the Palutena leak happened? What is the back-story behind it? We need to analyze these types of things no matter how convincing a picture can be. Can someone that knows a thing or two about game development explain how something like this could happen?
Some rebellious scamp on the development team or some variation thereof decided to screw Sakurai over and reveal a newcomer before he was ready for them to be shown.

Stuff like this happens a lot. For example, even though it's on a less professional scale than Smash, I remember there was an MLP fighting game that got the beta that playtesters were using leaked by one of the playtesters because he was just a jerk like that.

Last edited:

Yazoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
KYYazoo
3DS FC
4596-9950-4728
So...

i believe it mostly; the clipping staff isn't too detrimental to me and the different outline thickness could be individual settings for each character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why not make a poll or a poll thread for that?
For something so minor, I wouldn't recommend it. All discussion pertaining to it is fine here.

Still don't think it's anything more than someone with too much time on their hands.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Some rebellious scamp on the development team or some variation thereof decided to screw Sakurai over and reveal a newcomer before he was ready for them to be shown.

Stuff like this happens a lot. For example, even though it's on a less professional scale than Smash, I remember there was an MLP fighting game that got the beta that playtesters were using leaked by one of the playtesters because he was just a jerk like that.
You really think someone would do that? Just go on the Internet and leak truth? but seriously... I don't know man. It just seems unlikely. He seems like such a nice guy *laughs ok for realz this time. I guess I'm just sheltered but I don't think anyone would do that. Don't you think so? what motives would someone have to risk their jobs?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You really think someone would do that? Just go on the Internet and leak truth? but seriously... I don't know man. It just seems unlikely. He seems like such a nice guy *laughs ok for realz this time. I guess I'm just sheltered but I don't think anyone would do that right? what motives would someone have to risk their jobs?
Like I said, some people are rebellious. Nintendo ain't holy, mate. I'm pretty positive they have people somewhere in that giant office o' theirs that would pull this kind of stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom