• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
"We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point"
Sounds like Pichu, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy to me.
Hopefully it's just those. I doubt Mewtwo is at the chopping block this time around. Then again, we could have another Sonic (but not Sonic) delay the game and cause others to get cut.

andimidna

Smash Master
It all makes sense now.
You want the mode because you hate Miis so much. That all.
You don't want customization, you just want the fans to go away.

That's a stupid reason. I may not like Ridley, but at least I consider his fans.
I don't want customization? I want the fans to go away? I didn't know that about myself. :/

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't want customization? I want the fans to go away? I didn't know that about myself. :/
I hope that's all they are. I would like a "create an avatar" mode building pieces from other characters, but I hope Miis just stay on the profile. If I could fight as one, I wouldn't. Just like I never play as the Mii in Mario Kart... I'd rather play as a character.
What is it then?!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Have I missed anything good? All I know is that the E3 list is back up and running (although I myself never thought it was dead)
Because little mac got confirmed playable yesterday and little mac was part of the 6 character package

It's back on top we were right about just because the 3 weren't shown does not deconfirm the rumor

(So now its possible it may be correct after all the other 3 may have gotten held back to be revealed at the E3)

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
By god it's happened. I have found the most convoluted post ever made.

Not going to waste much on this post since it's all over the place. Your arguments basically boil down to "You're making assumptions. You must be wrong." You'd be better off attacking the logic of the assumptions rather than say "YOU CANT ASSUME THINGS!" Your stance seems to be that it's right until proven wrong. You seem to lack any kind of reasonable suspicion.

The reason this is false is the Taxes Sharpshooter fallacy. Basically, you're making patterns where there is none. The guy has had to change a lot. It was originally a forum prediction and then it was "I had a source." He originally said they were to be shown at E3 and later said they must have been pushed back. Even the people who though that this rumor was baloney (like myself) knew Little Mac was going to happen because EVERYONE thought Little Mac was going to happen. '

I might make another post on it in the future.
Anytime someone imitates another person's argument with hyperbole, all caps and exclamation points, I weep. My point doesn't boil down to you're making assumptions so you must be wrong. My point boils down to you're making assumptions based off absolutely nothing so you're argument isn't sound.

I see you're not above making assumptions either:
The guy has had to change a lot. It was originally a forum prediction and then it was "I had a source." He originally said they were to be shown at E3 and later said they must have been pushed back.
And you know this how? There are two possibilities. He is either lying or he isn't. Nothing he has said or done has been any sort of definitive proof that he's lying. Quite the opposite actually.

Just because everyone wanted Little Mac means nothing. We know Sakurai is an odd fellow. A good amount of people wanted Little Mac last time and it didn't happen. Heck most people want Snake cut, but just because people want it doesn't mean it will happen. Everyone thought the Brawl leak was fake because Mewtwo was cut and ROB was in. Everyone thought it was fake. What everyone thinks about a character getting into Smash Bros means nothing. I can give you plenty of instances where characters that we would assume were sure things, actually weren't so sure. How many people freaked out again over Toon Link being revealed because they thought he should be cut?

I actually did attack his argument. If he attacked the guy's legitimacy or any real inconsistencies then yeah, he'd have a point. But nothing he has said has been inconsistent.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Sweet. Thanks for the filler. But hopefully something new comes about...kinda seems hard to stay on topic on here :C

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Why did SalRomano (or whatever his name is) not post the conversation he had between himself and the "leaker". Surely that would at least boost some credibility

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Miss Fit really threw me off yeah, but I knew Wii Fit existed before, if you've ever been in the damn game aisle you're going to see a Balance Board. Just because all the hardcore smashers never even considered her doesn't mean no one has, as some of you have said, you dismissed the notion because the games were casual. A lot of people try to think of strange retro characters that no one would think of, but does anyone take into account the casuals? That's why she was such a surprise to everyone here, but she was still possible to be guessed by just about anyone who tried.

I was expecting the Villager, regardless of what Sakurai said, Animal Crossing is a huge franchise that already had plenty of representation in Brawl, the only thing missing was the playable character himself. Sakurai has already contradicted himself before, so it was no stretch to think he would change his mind again.

I was completely indifferent to Mega Man since I had never played any of his games before, but even I knew that he was the most requested third party, and I was expecting to see him if any other third parties would be added. If Sakurai would delay Brawl and cut veterans just to add Sonic the bloody Hedgehog solely due to his incredibly massive fan demand, don't you think he would pull out all the stops on the next most demanded?

As a few here know, I was doubtful of Little Mac, but then I was an odd man out. He still had high fan demand, which does factor into whether a character is included. A large portion of people were expecting him before the leak, so he hardly helps the leak out by being confirmed.

The moment I learned Namco was working on the game, Pac-Man was the first thing that came to mind. I know I'm in the minority here, but I can't wait to see him in the game, and I'll be a bit sad if he isn't. I still think it's entirely possible that Pac-Man is this game's Snake, getting on on a request from Namco. He was an easy guess, and people were already saying he would get in before the "leak" too.

I never thought Miis would get in, and I definitely don't think they will now. Villager and Miss Fitfills the role they would already, he is almost exactly the same thing as Miis, customize-able and meant to be an extension of the player, rather than a character himself. Some people here are arguing that Miis wouldn't be able to have a good moveset, and that's both a lie and a horrible argument against them in the first place. Miis do have potential for a moveset, but Villager stole just about all of it. All of his regulars are things that Miis could and would have done, from bowling balls, to boxing gloves, even stealing a recovery from a retro character. You might say, "that doesn't matter, we've had clones before!" but take into account that Sakurai is specifically seeking unique characters this time, the roster was already big with Brawl, and the only reason he added clones in Melee was to pad the roster, something he obviously doesn't need to do this time.

Though as a few of you said, yes, it easy to think of this in hindsight, and contemplating all of this before it happened would be absurd. But you need to stop and realize for a moment, each and every one of these characters were plausible in some form, even Miss Fit. As someone posted before, people did bring her up years ago as a joke, even calling her "Wii Fit Trainer," and specifying the female one. Though again you say that it would be almost impossible for one person to come up with all of them, but you don't take into account the fact that we have no idea if it was one person. I could be sitting here with five buddies who all bring up different ideas, you wouldn't know that though because I'm the one posting, he could have had help thinking up that list, it's not impossible at all.

Though as a few of you said, yes, it easy to think of this in hindsight, and contemplating all of this before it happened would be absurd. But you need to stop and realize for a moment, each and every one of these characters were plausible in some form, even Miss Fit. As someone posted before, people did bring her up years ago as a joke, even calling her "Wii Fit Trainer," and specifying the female one. Though again you say that it would be almost impossible for one person to come up with all of them, but you don't take into account the fact that we have no idea if it was one person. I could be sitting here with five buddies who all bring up different ideas, you wouldn't know that though because I'm the one posting, he could have had help thinking up that list, it's not impossible at all.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't see why it's so hard for everyone to agree that the leaker was wrong about who was revealed at E3, but might end up being right with his character predictions.

We need a new leak to discuss around here.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We need a new leak to discuss around here.
Let's discuss the Monster Hunter leak:
"The full list of newcomers is:

Little Mac
Prince Sable
Palutena
Takamaru
Mii
Shulk
Monster Hunter
Slime
Pac-Man

Wait for the next direct and you'll begin to see this is true. One of them will be revealed then to build hype for an upcoming game."
Unless you want to immediately claim this as fake if you want discussions lead to nothing.
So Mac was the first newcomer shown here in the leak, something tells me that Sable will be the next revealed newcomer assuming this rumor is true.

So what happens when Pacman is not in? :troll:
I'll be very neutral, missing one of the greatest opportunities in videogame history. What the ****..

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

Unless you want to immediately claim this as fake if you want discussions lead to nothing.
So Mac was the first newcomer shown here in the leak, something tells me that Sable will be the next revealed newcomer assuming this rumor is true.

I'll be very neutral, missing one of the greatest opportunities in videogame history. What the ****..
That Forest Snake: Adventures of Prince Sable better be true and tie in with this rumor.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Personally I think it's a bit sketchy. I know Sakurai loves him some Retro characters, but it's almost half retro half third party.

The Monster Hunter character interests me, because MH is huuuge in Japan. Slime has a good relationship with Nintendo too.

I still feel like it's missing something though.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The rumor with colorful characters and with the new game Sable possibly has? It contradicts with the Monster Hunter leak assuming the final list of newcomers is indeed 14. It can't tie in. :p

This leak is making me think Sakurai is taking alot more opportunities with third parties this time around.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I cannot see them putting in a Monster Hunter. While it is a good game, I don't see it matching the rest of the characters. I don't know, maybe just not my thing.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
"The full list of newcomers is:

Little Mac
Prince Sable
Palutena
Takamaru
Mii
Shulk
Monster Hunter
Slime
Pac-Man

Wait for the next direct and you'll begin to see this is true. One of them will be revealed then to build hype for an upcoming game."
Immediately given props for correctly saying a character (Little Mac) revealed in direct. If we here about Punch Out: U or Punch Out 3DS soon we may have to look closer at this one. To adress each character specifically: Prince Sable has a sizable chance, with him and Richard being mentioned by Sakurai before. I wouldn't be surprised if he would have a retro revival. Palutena is a shoe-in, if you make a leak you need her to be even considered. Takamaru's a pretty safe choice, as with Mii and Pac-Man. Now the interesting people. Shulk has a good chance, he is pretty popular in the west (*cough*Little Mac*cough*) and had an critically and financially acclaimed game as well as one the Wii U's major upcoming titles. Monster Hunter is a cool choice, probably the most far-fetched out of the list. Still, Nintendo's improving relationship with Capcom and the fact that Monster Hunter is a blockbuster Wii U/3DS series make it still a good choice. Finally, Slime. I have little words for Slime. He's just Slime, with some ok chances to make it in.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

The leak says that the character will be revealed to build hype for an upcoming game... This implies that he "knew" that a Punch Out game would be announced in the direct as well. There wasn't so... that's one strike. Even if you say that the upcoming game is smash bros. well thats kind of dumb to say. Ok so its a given that revealing any character for smash will build up hype so its kinda redundant to say that. its like saying "there will be a trailer of Link in the new zelda game to build up hype for an upcoming game" hmm I wonder what new game will have link in it? This one is obviously fake. Most people expected a new character to be revealed in the direct anyways... well I didn't... but thats besides the point. the general consensus around here is that there will be a new character announced every other month.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Very good point. Lol I just don't want him...Sable though is a yes please.
He (Hunter) has an incredible moveset potential. It'd be another unique character on the roster, and any unique addition we can get is good (except Jigglypuff IMO).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Speaking of which. I kinda hope for Shadow Moses Island to return.

I like to see what the codec calls of the newcomers would be...
Definite yes. Codecs are one of the main reasons I love using Snake, but for actual gameplay, not my style. :p

The leak says that the character will be revealed to build hype for an upcoming game... This implies that he "knew" that a Punch Out game would be announced in the direct as well. There wasn't so... that's one strike. Even if you say that the upcoming game is smash bros. well thats kind of dumb to say. Ok so its a given that revealing any character for smash will build up hype so its kinda redundant to say that. its like saying "there will be a trailer of Link in the new zelda game to build up hype for an upcoming game" hmm I wonder what new game will have link in it? This one is obviously fake. Most people expected a new character to be revealed in the direct anyways... well I didn't... but thats besides the point. the general consensus around here is that there will be a new character announced every other month.
I think he was either referring to the retros or the third parties getting a new game, it only said "one" of the newcomers, I don't think it applies to Mac. Speaking of which, is there a new Monster Hunter game coming up soon? @_@

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Definite yes. Codecs are one of the main reasons I love using Snake, but for actual gameplay, not my style. :p

I think he was either referring to the retros or the third parties getting a new game, it only said "one" of the newcomers, I don't think it applies to Mac. Speaking of which, is there a new Monster Hunter game coming up soon? @_@
Monster Hunter 4 is coming to the US in 2015. It's release date was revealed in the direct.

Edit: Takamaru and Sable could easily get a new game. Slime and Pac-Man are a little iffy.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Miss Fit really threw me off yeah, but I knew Wii Fit existed before, if you've ever been in the damn game aisle you're going to see a Balance Board. Just because all the hardcore smashers never even considered her doesn't mean no one has, as some of you have said, you dismissed the notion because the games were casual. A lot of people try to think of strange retro characters that no one would think of, but does anyone take into account the casuals? That's why she was such a surprise to everyone here, but she was still possible to be guessed by just about anyone who tried.

I was expecting the Villager, regardless of what Sakurai said, Animal Crossing is a huge franchise that already had plenty of representation in Brawl, the only thing missing was the playable character himself. Sakurai has already contradicted himself before, so it was no stretch to think he would change his mind again.

I was completely indifferent to Mega Man since I had never played any of his games before, but even I knew that he was the most requested third party, and I was expecting to see him if any other third parties would be added. If Sakurai would delay Brawl and cut veterans just to add Sonic the bloody Hedgehog solely due to his incredibly massive fan demand, don't you think he would pull out all the stops on the next most demanded?

As a few here know, I was doubtful of Little Mac, but then I was an odd man out. He still had high fan demand, which does factor into whether a character is included. A large portion of people were expecting him before the leak, so he hardly helps the leak out by being confirmed.

The moment I learned Namco was working on the game, Pac-Man was the first thing that came to mind. I know I'm in the minority here, but I can't wait to see him in the game, and I'll be a bit sad if he isn't. I still think it's entirely possible that Pac-Man is this game's Snake, getting on on a request from Namco. He was an easy guess, and people were already saying he would get in before the "leak" too.

I never thought Miis would get in, and I definitely don't think they will now. Villager and Miss Fitfills the role they would already, he is almost exactly the same thing as Miis, customize-able and meant to be an extension of the player, rather than a character himself. Some people here are arguing that Miis wouldn't be able to have a good moveset, and that's both a lie and a horrible argument against them in the first place. Miis do have potential for a moveset, but Villager stole just about all of it. All of his regulars are things that Miis could and would have done, from bowling balls, to boxing gloves, even stealing a recovery from a retro character. You might say, "that doesn't matter, we've had clones before!" but take into account that Sakurai is specifically seeking unique characters this time, the roster was already big with Brawl, and the only reason he added clones in Melee was to pad the roster, something he obviously doesn't need to do this time.

You're looking at things at too much of a basic level concerning characters. It's not just about the character them-self and that's it. It's about balance, mechanics, play styles strengths, franchises, wow factor, depth, Nintendo's history etc. What does the character bring? What does the character AND their world bring to Smash? Not enough people think like this, that's why you see people asking for C-teir characters and scratch their heads when they end up as assist trophies or whine about "another swordsman" if Isaac, Shulk, or Takamaru or mentioned, ignorant of the franchises or even the culture. For example, European swordsman dominate the roster, we have yet to see a Katana based sword user, these sword techniques (Samurai) are very different. They are precise and critical and not wild crazy and barbaric like most of the sword user we have. Marth is more of a fencer, but he's the only one we have that has a different sword style with a technique behind it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You're looking at things at too much of a basic level concerning characters. It's not just about the character them-self and that's it. It's about balance, mechanics, play styles strengths, franchises, wow factor, depth, Nintendo's history etc. What does the character bring? What does the character AND their world bring to Smash? Not enough people think like this, that's why you see people asking for C-teir characters and scratch their heads when they end up as assist trophies or whine about "another swordsman" if Isaac, Shulk, or Takamaru or mentioned, ignorant of the franchises or even the culture. For example, European swordsman dominate the roster, we have yet to see a Katana based sword user, these sword techniques (Samurai) are very different. They are precise and critical and not wild crazy and barbaric like most of the sword user we have. Marth is more of a fencer, but he's the only one we have that has a different sword style with a technique behind it.
How would you come to that conclusion when I never mentioned any of those things? Particularly sword characters, which none of those were. You're assuming I'm ignorant to the franchises and culture? I know the difference between a broadsword and a katana, Takamaru would play very differently from any of the other sword characters, who already play fairly differently from each other in the first place. Your whole comment has almost nothing to do with anything I even said.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Ah I see, but Smash Bros. is being released in 2014, so I don't think that's a possibility of being used as a promotion. Maybe E3 these 3 third-party newcomers could be revealed?
Pac-Man's reveal trailer could have him facing Sonic, Mario, and Mega Man...

On topic, Monster Hunter could be used to promote a trailer or somethin'.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Pac-Man's reveal trailer could have him facing Sonic, Mario, and Mega Man...

On topic, Monster Hunter could be used to promote a trailer or somethin'.
Yeah that kind of trailer would be very hype worthy, enough to make any videogame fan get goosebumps.

@Monster Hunter
They'll probably promote MH4 in Japan only if he's revealed.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah that kind of trailer would be very hype worthy, enough to make any videogame fan get goosebumps.

@Monster Hunter
They'll probably promote MH4 in Japan only if he's revealed.
Why Japan only? Didn't MH4 get confirmed for a western release last Nintendo Direct?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
One of them will be revealed then to build hype for an upcoming game.

to build hype for an upcoming game.

to build hype for an upcoming game.

You can't build hype for a game that hasn't been shown. You have to reveal the game, then try to build hype for it.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I sure hope not. But there wasnt any demand for game and watch im assuming too. so you never know.
Actually that is just like everyone's favorite newcomer, the Wii Fit Trainer.

Personally I think Pac-Man will be in. Mii on the other hand, not so much. I don't really mind the Monster Hunter leak, but that's mainly because it has Shulk as a playable character. Regardless, I see no validity in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom