• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I do agree little mac being revealed helps the E3 rumor

I mean it was shown a day before E3

So maybe they held off mii little mac and pac man for a reason but revealed half of them

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Have I missed anything good? All I know is that the E3 list is back up and running (although I myself never thought it was dead)

andimidna

Smash Master
That's the thing. I've always said "why can Miis just be their own character? Without customization?" I feel like it's a good idea.
Miis get their rep (and fans are happy), but in a way that works for others as well.
And mind you, this is all coming from a guy who's loves customization.
What would be the point of adding Miis if they brought nothing new to the table? I don't get why there can't just be a separate mii mode. It would have no online (so penis-face miis and hitler miis wouldn't be showing up around the world). Full-customization (build a moveset off of every other character's moveset, and it doesn't matter if it's OP, because it's a separate mode). And you wouldn't have Miis fighting characters like Snake, Samus, and Ganondorf (which would look ********). And it includes an new/ iconic Nintendo avatar that has been showing up everywhere lately, without pushing it (we already have 3 avatar characters playable)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I think the idea of Snake being cut is a complete myth perpetuated by Smash spectators only. That's how you can tell if a rumor is fake, especially if they say "he's on the chopping block due to rights issues."

In E3 Sakurai said there were no cuts at the time, meaning that Snake was still intended to be included at that time. If there was an issue with Konami, he would have been cut immediately. He's either in or out. There's no maybe.

His statement would imply that cuts would only be made for the sake of time or technical limitations. If they already jumped through the hoops to get and keep Snake, I doubt he'd be the first one to go. So honestly, I disregard any rumor that says Snake is cut (at this point, I'm starting to discredit rumors with any cuts).

Clamoring for cuts stems from Smash speculators' love of "muh patterns!" They are so obsessed with this idea that they forget that Brawl didn't have a single trash, throwaway character. Melee did, and in addition to Mewtwo, those were the ones that were cut. And we can see from the Brawl files that Mewtwo almost made it in.

If Sakurai really gets the enormous amount of development time that we think he'll get (and has already had, honestly) without wasting 60% of it on a single player mode, in addition to not having to build the engine and models from scratch, I'm having difficulty seeing why there needs to be any cuts.

Then again, you never know with Sakurai. Regardless, I think people should keep all this in mind when new rumors come up!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I have important information for all Smash fans. I have gained access to secret files from Nintendo that unearth quite some interesting features in the game.

First and foremost, the newcomers (in no order of revelation)
-Prince of Sable
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Megaman
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo
-Namco Rep (unspecified)
***Pac-Man no where to be found

Those who have been cut: (a few)
-Snake
-Pokemon Trainer
-R.O.B., possibly, (strange filename that suggested he was still in... not for sure)

A certain file, a video, to be exact, revealed early Adventure mode gameplay.
The mode features character trailers for each character that begins the adventure. For instance, Villager's character trailer depicts him running from the mailbox (as in his reveal trailer) and meeting Mario in Smashville (between the cutscene and battle there is a short loadtime).
Prince of Sable, who is an unfamiliar character in the West, makes his debut in a promotional campaign to support his first American release on the 3DS: サブレの冒険:蛇の森 (trans. Forest Snake: The Adventure of Sablé or Sable's Adventure: The Snake Forest)
Event matches return in some form, difficulties eliminated--difficulties increase toward final event matches similar to SSBM, I suppose. One of the particular event matches I saw was called "King of the Ring" and it was where you had to play as Little Mac and fight Donkey Kong on Mac's stage.

A list of character Assist Trophies provided:
-King Hippo
-King K. Rool
-Ninten
-Lucina
-Someone called Smash Man, however found file both in AsstTrophy/Character and character lists???
Ghirahim, (re-reveal) Mewtwo, Palutena, Prince of Sable would be revealed at E3 2014
Ike is not cut, contrary to popular belief.
Roy returns among others (Mewtwo)

55 characters total including transformations
I hope this information proves valuable to all you smashers!!!
In case it gets deleted, here it is in text.
I know this is probably fake, but it really isn't THAT terrible. I do want to point out one oddity. The Roster size. He says 55 counting transformations. Now. We have 23 right now.. Going on this, we have 13 more to come, so that's 36 total. Of unconfirmed vets, striking the three he mentioned, that's 16 returning vets for a grand total of 52. He's not certain about ROB, and this Smash Man? Giving benefit of a doubt, that's 54. I dunno.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I think the idea of Snake being cut is a complete myth perpetuated by Smash spectators only. That's how you can tell if a rumor is fake, especially if they say "he's on the chopping block due to rights issues."

In E3 Sakurai said there were no cuts at the time, meaning that Snake was still intended to be included at that time. If there was an issue with Konami, he would have been cut immediately. He's either in or out. There's no maybe.

His statement would imply that cuts would only be made for the sake of time or technical limitations. If they already jumped through the hoops to get and keep Snake, I doubt he'd be the first one to go. So honestly, I disregard any rumor that says Snake is cut (at this point, I'm starting to discredit rumors with any cuts).

Clamoring for cuts stems from Smash speculators' love of "muh patterns!" They are so obsessed with this idea that they forget that Brawl didn't have a single trash, throwaway character. Melee did, and in addition to Mewtwo, those were the ones that were cut. And we can see from the Brawl files that Mewtwo almost made it in.

If Sakurai really gets the enormous amount of development time that we think he'll get (and has already had, honestly) without wasting 60% of it on a single player mode, in addition to not having to build the engine and models from scratch, I'm having difficulty seeing why there needs to be any cuts.

Then again, you never know with Sakurai. Regardless, I think people should keep all this in mind when new rumors come up!
Yeah, I hate when people try to base the future on something that happened in the past. It's a completely different ballgame now. Im pretty sure that sakurai is trying his best to not cut characters that everyone liked. Snake was well-liked among the smash community, and sakurai cutting him makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is impossible by now. The whole "In or out thing", that's actually EXACTLY what scolosis jones says about snake :laugh:

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

I wouldn't put Roy as a throwaway character. Maybe R.O.B. fits that niche, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

This. Sakurai decided the roster already. If there were cuts, they would've been then. There's no "well maybe this wasn't a good idea" halfway through development.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
What would be the point of adding Miis if they brought nothing new to the table? I don't get why there can't just be a separate mii mode. It would have no online (so penis-face miis and hitler miis wouldn't be showing up around the world). Full-customization (build a moveset off of every other character's moveset, and it doesn't matter if it's OP, because it's a separate mode). And you wouldn't have Miis fighting characters like Snake, Samus, and Ganondorf (which would look ********). And it includes an new/ iconic Nintendo avatar that has been showing up everywhere lately, without pushing it (we already have 3 avatar characters playable)
Or better yet, why not just have every mii reverted to the default skin online, just like how player names aren't shown on basic brawl? Miis would be fun, but I admit that they aren't very interesting.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
This. Sakurai decided the roster already. If there were cuts, they would've been then. There's no "well maybe this wasn't a good idea" halfway through development.
So what are you saying exactly? The roster was decided, characters set as get in (no ifs, ands, or buts), great to have but if there's not time oh well, and then the Oh heck no, you're outta here?

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet

I agree. I think the only other reason for snake being cut for anything other then time is that none of his games really come to nintendo platforms, and the ones that do are ports (MGS for 3DS). But i think that it was thrown on the system just so snake would have a game on current gen systems, so that still helps his case for being in smash.

andimidna

Smash Master
"Little Mac's playstyle is very quick" in the WiiLuvU leak can be marked as true. He looks to be in the top 5 speediest characters.
Not that I want the WiiLuvU leak to be true... because I definitely don't. Bleh.
I'm guessing the only reason
"Leaker predicts Dixie will be revealed coinciding with Tropical Freeze" isn't false is because of the American release?

Don't "The only character from the "Forbidden 7" being worked on is Dixie Kong" and "There is a small chance Mewtwo won't be included" contradict each other?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Exactly this. Saying he wouldn't be the first to go is a big understatement too, if they have the rights, which they have as far as we know, there's no turning back. Remember, they not only have the rights to work with the Snake character, but probably also a stage, music, trophy characters, etc. Seeking out rights for the 3rd party franchises is incredibly important to do early on, as to avoid another Sonic situation like they had with Brawl, so they likely got the rights to the 3rd party characters sometime in 2012. So seeing that Sakurai hasn't deliberately cut any character by mid-2013, I think it's a safe bet to say that Snake is in.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What would be the point of adding Miis if they brought nothing new to the table?
Who says they wouldn't? This is Sakurai, he could think of one. Outside of customization.

I don't get why there can't just be a separate mii mode. It would have no online (so penis-face miis and hitler miis wouldn't be showing up around the world).
People would complain. As they want their Miis to fight against the other characters ( it sounds ridiculous to limit a character just to keep customization). And would feel neglected because they don't have online.

Full-customization (build a moveset off of every other character's moveset, and it doesn't matter if it's OP, because it's a separate mode).
It still does. Either way Miis would be banned. And knowing how Meta Knight was, this will be a problem.

And it includes an new/ iconic Nintendo avatar that has been showing up everywhere lately, without pushing it (we already have 3 avatar characters playable)
But what's the point? We might as well leave them out.
Sure, the idea sounds nice in concept, but it's ridiculous to keep one character isolated. There'd be no reason to bring them in.

As much as I dislike the idea, this isn't the way to solve it. If anything, it'll cause more problems.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
A vast majority? A simple majority would imply at least 11 newcommers. A vast majority a considerable amount more then that. I'm inclined to disagree, but I daresay there will be some newcommers that Sakurai doesn't reveal until launch. Any leak that claims otherwise is really stretching it.
Yh...like who actually sees Sakurai revealing the new retro char with a Trailer...like other newcomers.....

I said it from day and i till think so that Sakurai will keep 1-3 Chars secret.
One being the Retro

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I agree. I think the only other reason for snake being cut for anything other then time is that none of his games really come to nintendo platforms, and the ones that do are ports (MGS for 3DS). But i think that it was thrown on the system just so snake would have a game on current gen systems, so that still helps his case for being in smash.
and see i dont think thats a good reason either, there is no way they would base inclusions on the amount of games nintendo is getting from a series or anything like that. Sakurai and team are not going to have a board meeting to count how many exclusives and titles nintendo or any other third party has had to justify their inclusion. Thats just ridiculous

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I read an interesting rumor that Ghirahim, (re-reveal) Mewtwo, Palutena, and strangely, the Prince of Sable would be revealed at E3. The rumor stated that Namco-Bandai has one rep, but it's may or may not be Pac-Man and is otherwise unknown. Also, Isaac returns as a playable character and strangely, Roy also makes a return.

Among others, Chrom will be playable. Lucina appears as assist trophy. Ike is not cut, making no female Fire Emblem reps.

Basically, a full roster of newcomers was provided in the rumor:

-Prince of Sable (coincides with some kind of American 3DS promotion- "Sable's Adventure: The Snake Forest or Forest Snake: Adventure of Sable," rough translation)
-Takamaru
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Rosalina
-Dixie Kong
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Chrom
-Ghirahim
-Isaac
-*Roy
-*Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Villager
-Poo
-Alph (with Rock, Flying, Red, Blue, and Yellow pikmin, as opposed to white and purple)

some other interesting info was posted too like the introduction of a character called "Smash Man"... just something worth noting
This info was posted by someone named Ren on 4chan... idk just something I found. Tell me what you think
Any leak with poo in it is poo.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

This is a very good point, if Sakurai at any time said hes trying not to have cuts that means the "rights" issues for sonic and snake weren't an issue at that point and IF Sakurai has the right to use those characters there is NO WAY he wouldn't he'd basically be legally obligated to do it really.

andimidna

Smash Master
Who says they wouldn't? This is Sakurai, he could think of one. Outside of customization.

People would complain. As they want their Miis to fight against the other characters ( it sounds ridiculous to limit a character just to keep customization). And would feel neglected because they don't have online.

It still does. Either way Miis would be banned. And knowing how Meta Knight was, this will be a problem.

But what's the point? We might as well leave them out.
Sure, the idea sounds nice in concept, but it's ridiculous to keep one character isolated. There'd be no reason to bring them in.

As much as I dislike the idea, this isn't the way to solve it. If anything, it'll cause more problems.
Haha... no. The concept of miis IS customizable avatars. They aren't characters. Mario is a character. Link is a character. Miis are anything, an avatar. They don't have an established appearance or personality. Neglected is much less of a problem than penis-face miis and hitler miis in a T rated game.

Miis can't be banned if they are the only character :facepalm:. And if there is no online... who's banning them from what?:rolleyes:

The point? This would be a unique feature... miis are becoming pretty big and are requested a solid amount.
Once again, not a character, it IS a concept. We haven't seen anything too "wow, this game is so different from Brawl" yet.

No... it approaches every problem the Mii brings... and solves it. It's not like I'm saying Palutena should get her own mode. She's an established unique character with her own moves and personality... THAT would make no sense. The Mii is nothing until you make it something.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
I don't think Miis will get in as a separate character. We already have Villager, who is an avatar too, and he has a bowling ball for a move which obviously fits the moveset of a Mii much better.
A special Mii-mode might be a possibility though.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I think a Mii assist trophy that looks like a random mii from your console is the best bet. maybe its attacks change depending on its shirt color. That being said... leaks with miis shouldn't be taken seriously. I bet if we all think this then we will get a lot less leaks with miis. Its the same principle with prince sable. I bet we could change what leaks we get depending on what we regard as true or not. That would be an interesting experiment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I honestly think people should drop the "Leaky Three" and I've thought this for months. The only reason people give it any sort of credibility is because it had WFT but really it was just an educated guess with a factor that just about everyone, including myself, outright dismissed. The Wii Fit games were insanely successful and it was easily the second most successful new Nintendo franchise of the last generation after the "Mii" games. We only dismissed it because of Sakurai's past comments about certain characters not being suitable for fighting games. I think a lot of people still cling to it because we as a fanbase don't want to admit that we deliberately dismissed something so monumental in plain sight. As for the other 5, again, they were all well educated guesses with Megaman being by far the top 3rd Party pick since Brawl was released, Namco Bandai developing the game (Pac-man), Little Mac being one of the top choices and one of the few retro franchises revived last gen that was successful (sorry Sin and Punishment, Excite Bike, and Golden Sun...), Miis essentially defining Nintendo's last generation, and Animal Crossing being the only Nintendo juggernaut without a playable rep.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Haha... no. The concept of miis IS customizable avatars. They aren't characters. Mario is a character. Link is a character. Miis are anything, an avatar. They don't have an established appearance or personality. Neglected is much less of a problem than penis-face miis and hitler miis in a T rated game.
And so is Villager, and you don't see him customizable.

Neglected is much less of a problem than penis-face miis and hitler miis in a T rated game.
I don't get this. I think I understand. But then you refer to it being "a T rated game".
But maybe some of us don't want to see this. You can't justify something because of it's rating.
It's like trying to justify a 10-year old say "your mom" jokes in COD because it's an M rated game.

Miis can't be banned if they are the only character :facepalm:. And if there is no online... who's banning them from what?:rolleyes:
Simple, from everything else. Like I said. I don't like customization, but isolating a character from everyone isn't the way to go.

The point? This would be a unique feature... miis are becoming pretty big and are requested a solid amount.
Once again, not a character, it IS a concept. We haven't seen anything too "wow, this game is so different from Brawl" yet.
This is a fighting game. It's not going to be absolutely different.
Even if this mode is added in, it would still be Brawl. That wouldn't change.

No... it approaches every problem the Mii brings... and solves it. It's not like I'm saying Palutena should get her own mode. She's an established unique character with her own moves and personality... THAT would make no sense. The Mii is nothing until you make it something.
So, you're implying they can't.
Vilager says hi. Remember? He's just an avatar, like a Mii. He doesn't have personality, any real look, heck not even a name. You do all that. And look what happened! He became a character!

Why can't it work? Why does it has to be this way? What you're saying is Miis can't be unique as a character. They can't work as a functional character like everyone else. There's no way for them to work. No moveset potential, no gimmicks, nothing. Nothing at all.

Why? "Because they're avatars. They're only unique when you make it unique"

This is a mentality I've always hated. It's essentially the equivalent of giving the character no chance.
It's pretty much saying "they'll never work as a character". So we have to isolate them from the rest of the cast. How do you think the others will feel? Sure, the character they've wanted forever is in. But at what cost?
This idea kills the reason that people wanted them in.
It's like you only look what little pros there is, without looking at the whole picture.

But you know, I had this same mentality about Rosalina. I assumed she couldn't work. There was no way she could work as a functional character.
Then I saw her trailer. And guess what? I think she's one of the more unique characters. Why can't Miis be the same way. Why can't they just be their own character?

I've said this many times, and it works here.
This is Sakurai.
This is the man who was able to make something out of Wii Fit Trainer of all characters.
He can do something with Miis. But in a way to where it'll work as it's own character, not an avatar.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think a Mii assist trophy that looks like a random mii from your console is the best bet. maybe its attacks change depending on its shirt color. That being said... leaks with miis shouldn't be taken seriously. I bet if we all think this then we will get a lot less leaks with miis. Its the same principle with prince sable. I bet we could change what leaks we get depending on what we regard as true or not. That would be an interesting experiment.
Ok then, we'll just discuss K. Rool and Ridley, and other popular candidates here in Smashboards so you guys can fall for the same luring rumors. :psycho:
All leaks will be boring by then.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Can someone provide me a valid reason for why Roy would not return for SSB4? I don't understand where everyone is bringing up the idea that he is "irrelevant" based off some unmentioned evidence. Before providing that reason, please consider the following:

1. Roy was a DLC character in the latest Fire Emblem installment.
2. Roy's first game, his literal debut, was Super Smash Bros. Melee, making him the first and only Super Smash Bros. original character, at least in a sense
3. Roy was intended to be finished for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but never made the cut due to time constraints. Look it up, remnants of his character files and audio files remain on the Brawl disc.

That said, why is it so impossible to understand that Roy could quite possibly return alongside Mewtwo for the next SSB installment?
After all, who's to say that FE Awakening's DLC inclusion didn't polish Roy's relevancy as did Mewtwo's mega evolution did in X/Y?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can someone provide me a valid reason for why Roy would not return for SSB4? I don't understand where everyone is bringing up the idea that he is "irrelevant" based off some unmentioned evidence. Before providing that reason, please consider the following:

1. Roy was a DLC character in the latest Fire Emblem installment.
2. Roy's first game, his literal debut, was Super Smash Bros. Melee, making him the first and only Super Smash Bros. original character, at least in a sense
3. Roy was intended to be finished for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but never made the cut due to time constraints. Look it up, remnants of his character files and audio files remain on the Brawl disc.

That said, why is it so impossible to understand that Roy could quite possibly return alongside Mewtwo for the next SSB installment?
After all, who's to say that FE Awakening's DLC inclusion didn't polish Roy's relevancy as did Mewtwo's mega evolution did in X/Y?
People are betting Roy won't return? That's news to me.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Mii's were in Mario Kart Wii and they were allowed online. Second, who says Mii's will have customizable move sets, for all we know if they do get it they may have pre-made move sets.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Any new interesting leaks? Haven't been getting notifications from this page for about a day, and I realized that I guess I missed going to the next page or something?

Anyway, anything new?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
For me, all leaks so far are fake, and probably all will be, until like, three or four months up to the release of the game. They kind of ignore many of Sakurai tendencies, going too much, sometimes, for fanservice.
So you could say after E3 2014.

1266784038597.jpg

Because thats when i think any leaks have a chance of being Real.

RealTalk

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Wouldn't it be great if pacman was revealed on his anniversary (may 22) and was the last character as a thank you to Namco from sakurai. I think my heart would explode if that happened.

So...now that every rumor is basically trash, what are we still doing here?

Godking123

Smash Journeyman

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No, that holds no weight. Little Mac's Punch Out and Fire Emblem have no relation, I don't care how anyone puts it. Roy does not equal Little Mac and vice versa. Gameplay will always have parallels, and funnily, the points brought up in the link are far-fetched if anything.
Indeed. I don't agree with what he said, but I figured since you were asking about Roy, I'd show that to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom