• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
How would you come to that conclusion when I never mentioned any of those things? Particularly sword characters, which none of those were. You're assuming I'm ignorant to the franchises and culture? I know the difference between a broadsword and a katana, Takamaru would play very differently from any of the other sword characters, who already play fairly differently from each other in the first place. Your whole comment has almost nothing to do with anything I even said.
No I'm mostly commenting on how you were coming to conclusions of what characters would be added and I then went into detail. Those examples were just that, examples and had nothing to do with you personally.

I'm sure brawl had dev time and resource issues that this game doesn't. There was also a larger pool of characters to choose as fighters. For instance even though Villager does not lend himself to fighting, with the forth game we are very limited on strong logical newcomers. If we look at what characters have depth, a lot if these characters would pop up anyway, there's nothing to really doubt any of these characters. I saw Wii Fit Trainer and thought it was brilliant, he gave her a personality that blended with the Smash world well. Yet people didn't expect her, not because of her being a bad fighter choice, but because they think about characters at a basic level. "Can I see them punch or kick?" "Are they top requests?" That's pretty much it.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I doubt Monster Hunter is getting a character... we already have Mega Man as a Capcom rep.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No I'm mostly commenting on how you were coming to conclusions of what characters would be added and I then went into detail. Those examples were just that, examples and had nothing to do with you personally.

I'm sure brawl had dev time and resource issues that this game doesn't. There was also a larger pool of characters to choose as fighters. For instance even though Villager does not lend himself to fighting, with the forth game we are very limited on strong logical newcomers. If we look at what characters have depth, a lot if these characters would pop up anyway, there's nothing to really doubt any of these characters. I saw Wii Fit Trainer and thought it was brilliant, he gave her a personality that blended with the Smash world well. Yet people didn't expect her, not because of her being a bad fighter choice, but because they think about characters at a basic level. "Can I see them punch or kick?" "Are they top requests?" That's pretty much it.
No idea why you picked me of all people to say that to then, I'm not worried whether a character fights or not, I even said in my original post that I was expecting Villager regardless. You may not have been picking me out personally, but you quoted my post, I assumed you were trying to tell me something.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Let's discuss the Monster Hunter leak:

Unless you want to immediately claim this as fake if you want discussions lead to nothing.
So Mac was the first newcomer shown here in the leak, something tells me that Sable will be the next revealed newcomer assuming this rumor is true.

I'll be very neutral, missing one of the greatest opportunities in videogame history. What the ****..
As of this point far I'm saying this about the monster hunter rumor

No Ridley = Fake

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As me and Relia mentioned before, the MH team has already expressed disinterest in having their protagonist in a fighting game back in MvC3, due to thinking the character wouldn't fit the world. I don't think they would say no to one crossover game and then go behind their backs and say yes to another.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As me and Relia mentioned before, the MH team has already expressed disinterest in having their protagonist in a fighting game back in MvC3, due to thinking the character wouldn't fit the world. I don't think they would say no to one crossover game and then go behind their backs and say yes to another.
Another thing is Smash is very cartoony. Compare that to MH.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'd comment about the other Prince Sable rumor, but considering Snake was cut, that would be the only thing you people would snipe about, rather than focus on the somewhat odd character choices like Poo. I already pointed out that as it stands the roster he builds is 3 characters short of the 55 mark he claimed. What other oddities did you notice in that thing?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
As of this point far I'm saying this about the monster hunter rumor

No Ridley = Fake

Interesting. But minds can change, especially when the opportunity you're getting is Smash Bros. that sells tons.

Another thing is Smash is very cartoony. Compare that to MH.
:snake:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I often wonder what's Sakurai's third party rep limit. He said he doesn't want to have too many third part characters but what is his definition of too many? 50% of the roster? 30% 10%. 1%?

He could have as many as 5 third party reps and it would still be considered small when you consider the overall size of the roster. If we assume that SSB4's roster is equal to or greater than Brawl's roster then 5/35+ is not a lot of third party characters. The higher the denominator goes up the more potential another third part representative has.

I'm expecting the roster to be around 45-50 characters with 3 - 5 third party reps.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I often wonder what's Sakurai's third party rep limit. He said he doesn't want to have too many third part characters but what is his definition of too many? 50% of the roster? 30% 10%. 1%?

He could have as many as 5 third party reps and it would still be considered small when you consider the overall size of the roster. If we assume that SSB4's roster is equal to or greater than Brawl's roster then 5/35+ is not a lot of third party characters. The higher the denominator goes up the more potential another third part representative has.

I'm expecting the roster to be around 45-50 characters.
I'd say 5% is good.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

I'm expecting the roster to be around 45-50 characters with 4 to 5 third party reps.
i'd say about 3 or 4 is the limit

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
i'd say about 3 or 4 is the limit
I changed it to 3 to 5. I consider Pac-Man to have a very high chance. I don't think Snake is cut, but he could be. My number really depends on Snake being cut or staying in. I can also see another 3rd party character get in like Bayonetta or Wonder Red.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Interesting. But minds can change, especially when the opportunity you're getting is Smash Bros. that sells tons.
Not to bust your chops or anything, but Marvel vs Capcom 3 was not anything most development teams would say no to having their character in. It was the highly anticipated sequel to MVC2, which just happens to be one of the biggest fighting games ever made.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Not to bust your chops or anything, but Marvel vs Capcom 3 was not anything most development teams would say no to having their character in. It was the highly anticipated sequel to MVC2, which just happens to be one of the biggest fighting games ever made.
Hmm.. that's an interesting note to have, I didn't know that. :p
The only question is if the Monster Hunter can fit in Smash Bros. gameplay, I guess it didn't fit in Marvel vs. Capcom 3's gameplay.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
"The full list of newcomers is:

Little Mac
Prince Sable
Palutena
Takamaru
Mii
Shulk
Monster Hunter
Slime
Pac-Man

Wait for the next direct and you'll begin to see this is true. One of them will be revealed then to build hype for an upcoming game."
Eww that roster would be terrible.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly I think Sakurai doesn't decide third party based on limit. I think he bases it on ''Are they really worthy?"

I think that's what keeps characters like Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Shadow etc down. I say that supporting the inclusion of Wonder Red and Bayonetta just because they'd be hella unique and fun characters.

Basically I think you have to be a major gaming icon to be a third party rep in Smash Brothers.

People like Bomberman, Pac Man, etc. for being legendary video game franchises from Nintendo's history.

And if we're to ever get second reps from the Mega Man series? We'll likely get Zero or Mega Man X to represent that X series era on Super Nintendo.

Any Sonic reps will probably be cut down to Tails, Robotnik, and maybe Knuckles. Basically the genesis era of Sonic.

Now when it comes to second reps for companies? That is the real interesting story for me. Who do you give Capcom? Who do you give to Sega?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I changed it to 3 to 5. I consider Pac-Man to have a very high chance. I don't think Snake is cut, but he could be. My number really depends on Snake being cut or staying in. I can also see another 3rd party character get in like Bayonetta or Wonder Red.
I agree on 3 being the max limit for 3rd Party characters (since Sakurai said he wanted 3 during Brawl's development, unfortunately Sonic's delayed inclusion, set that game on having the 2 3rd Party characters), I can almost guaranteed Snake is being replaced by Megaman (unless Sakurai can work miracles and get's Snake back in).

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Wonder Red is 1st party. Nintendo owns the Wonderful 101 ip.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Everyone is ignoring how ridiculous Slime is because of how ridiculous Monster hunter is... hahaha wow 3rd parties galore!!! Smash should just be 3rd party all-stars battle royale if that many 3rd parties make it in. Sonic,Snake,Pac-man,Monster hunter, Slime... yea I'd rather have Dunsparce take up three character slots than have that many 3rd party characters.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Everyone is ignoring how ridiculous Slime is because of how ridiculous Monster hunter is... hahaha wow 3rd parties galore!!! Smash should just be 3rd party all-stars battle royale if that many 3rd parties make it in. Sonic,Snake,Pac-man,Monster hunter, Slime... yea I'd rather have Dunsparce take up three character slots than have that many 3rd party characters.
6 3rd parties may actually be a possibility, but it isn't going to be be like Super Smash Flash 2 thats for sure.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Basically I think you have to be a major gaming icon to be a third party rep in Smash Brothers.

People like Bomberman, Pac Man, etc. for being legendary video game franchises from Nintendo's history.
Essentially. Notice Villager's "invitation" to the game? Inclusion into the series is above all else a high honor.

Above uniqueness, above history, above selling power - the character must have EARNED a spot in the arena. I know yall love fantasizing about Xenoblades, and Monster Ranchers, but you need to be the Beyonce of whatever videogame company you're from to get in.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'd just like good characters to play as, really.....as long as they dont go overboard with 3rd party it's all good to me.
2-3 3rd party sounds perfect, 4 is really pushing it, 5 would make me question Sakurai and the higher ups, 6+ and I'd start blaming Nintendo for forcing Sakurai to ***** out character slots.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Honestly I think Sakurai doesn't decide third party based on limit. I think he bases it on ''Are they really worthy?"

I think that's what keeps characters like Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Shadow etc down. I say that supporting the inclusion of Wonder Red and Bayonetta just because they'd be hella unique and fun characters.

And if we're to ever get second reps from the Mega Man series? We'll likely get Zero or Mega Man X to represent that X series era on Super Nintendo.

Any Sonic reps will probably be cut down to Tails, Robotnik, and maybe Knuckles. Basically the genesis era of Sonic.

Now when it comes to second reps for companies? That is the real interesting story for me. Who do you give Capcom? Who do you give to Sega?

I 100% agree with ya on the 3rd Party requirement CosmicQueen, that's the way it should be for a 3rd Party based character to get in, (they must be an iconic character, (Pac-man, and Bomberman fits this perfectly), and they must have at least have some history with Nintendo (having multiple games on their systems and being supported would be the 2nd requirement, which Pac-man pretty much has that locked up).

If Sonic gets any more reps, expect them to come from the Genesis era (Tails, Eggman, Knuckles or Amy (Amy 1st appeared in Sonic CD which took place in the Genesis era)
If Megaman gets a 2nd rep (expect it to be Protoman or Roll since Capcom would want to go with the classic Megaman characters, Bass is the Shadow the Hedgehog of Megaman, who would probably be a huge stretch)
If Sega gets a 2nd rep that's not from the Sonic series, it would have to be NiGHTS (he's/she's the 2nd most popular Sega mascot next to Sonic, and would make an awesome addition)
Likewise Ryu would have to be Capcom's 2nd rep (unless there's another popular Capcom character I'm missing).

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'd just like good characters to play as, really.....as long as they dont go overboard with 3rd party it's all good to me.
2-3 3rd party sounds perfect, 4 is really pushing it, 5 would make me question Sakurai and the higher ups, 6+ and I'd start blaming Nintendo for forcing Sakurai to ***** out character slots.
I'd suggest accepting 6 third parties to be in the roster before you guys go insane if this is true. :laugh:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Essentially. Notice Villager's "invitation" to the game? Inclusion into the series is above all else a high honor.

Above uniqueness, above history, above selling power - the character must have EARNED a spot in the arena. I know yall love fantasizing about Xenoblades, and Monster Ranchers, but you need to be the Beyonce of whatever videogame company you're from to get in.
or the Blue IV, or whatever the kids' name is, of the company. New reps from old and established franchises are highly probable as well.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
6 3rd parties may actually be a possibility, but it isn't going to be be like Super Smash Flash 2 thats for sure.
Well we already know that there won't be too many characters added in this next smash game. Plus why would Sakurai add 4 more 3rd party characters if he has actual nintendo characters to pick from. The sheer amount of 3rd party characters this guy is trying to pass on is just ridiculous. In a game where the the amount of new characters would be 12 "Lets add MH,Slime, Pac-Man,Sonic,Snake, and Megaman!" I mean come on people want K.Rool and Ridley most of all but Sakurai will put in 3rd parties instead? I know your level headed but 6? i dont think so. 2-3 at most. but more than that and a leak loses its credibility to me.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I'd suggest accepting 6 third parties to be in the roster before you guys go insane if this is true. :laugh:
Any roster with 6 third-parties isn't going to be true. With all the statements Sakurai has made regarding third-party characters? No offense, but I honestly think the only reason you're even considering this is because you really want Sable,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom