• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Don't care, looks female to me. Not a big Kirby fan either. Let's keep the discussion relevant. Nobody cares about a video game character's gender... maybe because their not real things with rights or anything.
I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Better not ask, it's probably not relevant to the rumour thread. Maybe I'll start a gender thread elsewhere...

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Better not ask, it's probably not relevant to the rumour thread. Maybe I'll start a gender thread elsewhere...
Samus is a boy and Little Mac is a girl. See how weird that sounds? People care about gender. It's part of what makes any character.

Regardless, your Sheik "rumor" isn't actually a rumor. I suggest moving it to another thread.
Alright, last time, what's the big deal? When I said that "nobody cares" it's clearly hyperbolic. Guess they don't teach common sense in moderator school. My only point is that Kirby has no real defining male/female features. No need to attack me.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright, last time, what's the big deal? When I said that "nobody cares" it's clearly hyperbolic. Guess they don't teach common sense in moderator school. My only point is that Kirby has no real defining male/female features. No need to attack me.
This is, what? The third, fourth time you've insulted moderators? You're on a roll, friend.

Can we even get back on topic from this? Every time we try, it just careens off the rails again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wasn't attacking you... No one was.

Kirby has always been called a male. Kirby is a male name. It's kinda hard to not figure out his gender. Regardless, you never brought up your "point" until now.

However, insulting moderators (or anyone rather) is frowned upon. Especially after your antics earlier today.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
This is, what? The third, fourth time you've insulted moderators? You're on a roll, friend.

Can we even get back on topic from this? Every time we try, it just careens off the rails again.
Pretty thin skin if that's considered an insult.

Anyhow, I think these recent Prince of Sable leaks are interesting.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

probably because we are board out of our minds that there are no new leaks or rumours that are decent

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You talked about Sakurai finding ---'s dead body and including him in Smash Bros...

Do you realize how bad that is?

You're lucky you weren't banned for that!

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't attacking you... No one was.

Kirby has always been called a male. Kirby is a male name. It's kinda hard to not figure out his gender. Regardless, you never brought up your "point" until now.

However, insulting moderators (or anyone rather) is frowned upon. Especially after your antics earlier today.
"Others would disagree with your statement." Namely, myself. You mods are an interesting breed.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
You talked about Sakurai finding ---'s dead body and including him in Smash Bros...

Do you realize how bad that is?

You're lucky you weren't banned for that!
*joke

get out of your feelings, it's only the internet... regarding a video game.

And LEAKS

Which we should be discussing... mod.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't think you have to be thin-skinned to consider what you said an insult. You basically said the mods have no common sense. If that's not an insult, then brother, I don't know what is.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you have to be thin-skinned to consider what you said an insult. You basically said the mods have no common sense. If that's not an insult, then brother, I don't know what is.
I was talking about Prince of Sable, can we move on? I suggest you put that in another thread.

Moving on.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Others would disagree with your statement." Namely, myself.
"Others."

Not "Other."

*joke

get out of your feelings, it's only the internet... regarding a video game.

And LEAKS

Which we should be discussing... mod.
There are some things you don't joke about.

And if we're supposed to be talking about leaks, why are you making those jokes in the first place?

Regardless, let's drop this now and get back on topic.

Anyone think the new pic of the mountain in Little Mac's picture disproves the Palutena leak? Only seem to strengthen it for me.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I was talking about Prince of Sable, can we move on? I suggest you put that in another thread.

Moving on.
Ah, trying to draw attention away from your rude words, are we? Clever.

Anyway, back on topic... I don't really like believing text leaks. There are some exceptions, but I really like seeing picture leaks. It just feels more invigorating. So, I don't believe the leak you're talking about here.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Woah.

How about that palutena leak? Looks good. Guess we'll have to wait for confirmation.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Anyone think the new pic of the mountain in Little Mac's picture disproves the Palutena leak? Only seem to strengthen it.
Well, it's the same mountain in the Lady Palutena leak, and it seems to be the right size and such. So, you'd have to be REALLY grasping at straws to consider that evidence against the leak. :laugh:

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Maybe this was real the whole time!!
Yeah, like Swampasaur said, someone admitted to making that, but it's actually pretty interesting that it was made, and then BAM! Mac, baby.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, regarding the supposed Palutena leak... Palutena will most likely be in the game, but I don't know what's the fuss about the "leak". On one end it could be an elaborate fake, but on the other end, it could very well be a leak. I think that it's NOT a leak because Nintendo never makes slips like these. We've never seen a leak for Skyward Sword, Galaxy, Other M, or any other random Nintendo game, so why would that change with Smash? Let's take a logical approach.

Head on over to DeviantArt if you don't think people have the capacity to create such an elaborate fake. It'll change your mind. There are some very talented people out there.

That said, I personally believe that Palutena will be in the game, regardless of the fakes.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Bit of advice, Swamp. Don't get personally involved/humour anyone, and don't keep replying if you truly want to drop something.

The latter part goes for all of you as well. Keep discussions on rumours and leaks only. If someone does or posts something against the rules, don't repeatedly quote it/get involved. The moderators will deal with it to the best of their judgement.

On topic - I really do not see how an admittedly fabricated screenshot has anything to do with leaks. Jokes aside, all it does now is mislead people.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
the only thing i can see wrong with the palutena leak, is her hand has a black outline over her staff which shouldn't be there (the pic with mario)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
the only thing i can see wrong with the palutena leak, is her hand has a black outline over her staff which shouldn't be there (the pic with mario)
Clipping isn't a new thing. We've seen so much worse on the Wii U version, that it should be expected in the 3DS version.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Honestly, regarding the supposed Palutena leak... Palutena will most likely be in the game, but I don't know what's the fuss about the "leak". On one end it could be an elaborate fake, but on the other end, it could very well be a leak. I think that it's NOT a leak because Nintendo never makes slips like these. We've never seen a leak for Skyward Sword, Galaxy, Other M, or any other random Nintendo game, so why would that change with Smash? Let's take a logical approach.

Head on over to DeviantArt if you don't think people have the capacity to create such an elaborate fake. It'll change your mind. There are some very talented people out there.

That said, I personally believe that Palutena will be in the game, regardless of the fakes.
you werent here for brawl were you?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think that it's NOT a leak because Nintendo never makes slips like these.
Mm....

That's not necessarily true.

Brawl's roster was leaked months before it was released. Most of Brawl's stages were also leaked as well.

Similarly, several new Kalos pokemon and mega evolutions were leaked before Pokemon X and Y's release as well.

Nintendo does slip up sometimes. They're only human.

Last edited:

JediLink

Smash Ace
I think that it's NOT a leak because Nintendo never makes slips like these. We've never seen a leak for Skyward Sword, Galaxy, Other M, or any other random Nintendo game, so why would that change with Smash?
That's not anywhere close to true.

Brawl's entire roster and more was leaked a few months before release. A lot of information about Pokemon X and Y was leaked and turned out to be correct. That's just off the top of my head.

EDIT: Damnit

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
well take a look at the other characters with weapons like dedede and link, they don't have outlines around their hands for weapons.
Doesn't mean it can't happen.

That's not anywhere close to true.

Brawl's entire roster and more was leaked a few months before release. A lot of information about Pokemon X and Y was leaked and turned out to be correct. That's just off the top of my head.

EDIT: Damnit
Indeed. Besides, Nintendo's got a BIG following. The bigger it gets, the more likely thing are to slip out from time to time, just to keep the masses entertained~

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Mm....

Brawl's roster was leaked months before it was released. Most of Brawl's stages were also leaked as well.

Similarly, several new Kalos pokemon and mega evolutions were leaked before Pokemon X and Y's release as well.

@Johnknight1 Mentioned this before, everything but 75m was leaked for brawl in separate tidbits, the entire roster for melee was leaked beforehand, And there's also the pokemon x/y leaks that happened a few months prior.
Kinda wish the true leaks were easier to tell apart, though.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
well take a look at the other characters with weapons like dedede and link, they don't have outlines around their hands for weapons.
True, but neither Marth, Dedede or Link hold a weapon quite like Palutena's staff.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Mm....

WHOA WHOA WHOA. POKEMON X AND Y, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

If you know anything about Pokemon, you know that Pokemon leaks happen so often, I'd call them goddamn inevitable--almost tradition. CoroCoro scans, early release dates abroad, mistakes in trailers, hackers... you name it buddy. Remember that GameFreak is not technically Nintendo. It is a separate entity almost, but only owned by Nintendo.

I like to think of Gamefreak like a Clownfish, acting on its own, while Nintendo, the anemone, provides it a home. BIG DIFFERENCE.

And the brawl leaks happened very far into development, near release dates. That's the difference with the Palutena leak and the real leaks during Brawl-era.

EDIT:

Nintendo, as the giant that it is, has much less room to make mistakes. GameFreak, on the otherhand, is not so stable (information-wise) and history shows that to be true.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
i guess but, look at the other pic swell there is no black outline over her hand covering her staff
Maybe that picture was taken at a different time, when they fixed her up more.

If you know anything about Pokemon, you know that Pokemon leaks happen so often, I'd call them goddamn inevitable--almost tradition. CoroCoro scans, early release dates abroad, mistakes in trailers, hackers... you name it buddy. Remember that GameFreak is not technically Nintendo. It is a separate entity almost, but only owned by Nintendo.
I wouldn't exactly call CoroCoro scans "leaks", to be honest. I mean, they're published out for all to see (at least I think it is), so it's clear they're meant for the general public.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
And the brawl leaks happened very far into development, near release dates. That's the difference with the Palutena leak and the real leaks during Brawl-era.
Sm4sh is reaching two years development in a month.
If that isn't "far into development", then i don't know what is. We also don't know the release date, for all we know it could be in june.
And like i said before, Melee and Brawl had everything leaked except 75m.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom