• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe that picture was taken at a different time, when they fixed her up more.

I wouldn't exactly call CoroCoro scans "leaks", to be honest. I mean, they're published out for all to see (at least I think it is), so it's clear they're meant for the general public.
But the actual issueas of CoroCoro are leaked weeks before they are released.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
WHOA WHOA WHOA. POKEMON X AND Y, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

If you know anything about Pokemon, you know that Pokemon leaks happen so often, I'd call them goddamn inevitable--almost tradition. CoroCoro scans, early release dates abroad, mistakes in trailers, hackers... you name it buddy. Remember that GameFreak is not technically Nintendo. It is a separate entity almost, but only owned by Nintendo.

I like to think of Gamefreak like a Clownfish, acting on its own, while Nintendo, the anemone, provides it a home. BIG DIFFERENCE.

And the brawl leaks happened very far into development, near release dates. That's the difference with the Palutena leak and the real leaks during Brawl-era.

EDIT:

Nintendo, as the giant that it is, has much less room to make mistakes. GameFreak, on the otherhand, is not so stable (information-wise) and history shows that to be true.
No Nintendo does stupid screw ups too.

Jigglypuff, Lucario and Ness were all accidentally leaked in a trailer Pre-Brawl.

That's a ridiculous amount of derp.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
WHOA WHOA WHOA. POKEMON X AND Y, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

If you know anything about Pokemon, you know that Pokemon leaks happen so often, I'd call them goddamn inevitable--almost tradition. CoroCoro scans, early release dates abroad, mistakes in trailers, hackers... you name it buddy. Remember that GameFreak is not technically Nintendo. It is a separate entity almost, but only owned by Nintendo.

I like to think of Gamefreak like a Clownfish, acting on its own, while Nintendo, the anemone, provides it a home. BIG DIFFERENCE.

And the brawl leaks happened very far into development, near release dates. That's the difference with the Palutena leak and the real leaks during Brawl-era.

EDIT:

Nintendo, as the giant that it is, has much less room to make mistakes. GameFreak, on the otherhand, is not so stable (information-wise) and history shows that to be true.
EDIT never mind

Last edited:

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Maybe that picture was taken at a different time, when they fixed her up more.

I wouldn't exactly call CoroCoro scans "leaks", to be honest. I mean, they're published out for all to see (at least I think it is), so it's clear they're meant for the general public.
CoroCoro scans are leaked months in advance... how is that not a leak for Americans? They never publish CoroCoro in the U.S. so clearly it's not intended for us to see. But Americans who live in Japan leak them to the U.S.. GameFreak is a lot less responsible than Nintendo is when it comes to these things.

Pokemon is a very bad example in my opinion.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
But the actual issueas of CoroCoro are leaked weeks before they are released.
Ah, I see. But still, they are published eventually, so it's not like that information is trying to be kept secret until the release of said Pokemon game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ah, I see. But still, they are published eventually, so it's not like that information is trying to be kept secret until the release of said Pokemon game.
So if Palutena is revealed before the games release it's not a leak?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
CoroCoro scans are leaked months in advance..
I've never seen that.

Usually the CoroCoro scans are about a week before release.

I've never seen one that was months ahead.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So if Palutena is revealed before the games release it's not a leak?
That's different. Lady Palutena wasn't meant to be seen. CoroCoro pictures ARE meant to be seen. Sure, they might be leaked a week or so before the actual issue releases, but that info is meant to be seen before release. Lady Palutena wasn't meant to be seen at this point in time.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
That's different. Lady Palutena wasn't meant to be seen. CoroCoro pictures ARE meant to be seen. Sure, they might be leaked a week or so before the actual issue releases, but that info is meant to be seen before release. Lady Palutena wasn't meant to be seen at this point in time.
Palutena isn't a leak. It's fake.

I'm sure there are more interesting rumors to discuss.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have so... are you calling me a liar?
No... No I did not.

The first post was just an example stating that Nintendo does screw up too.

The second was stating that I've never seen that. I suppose I should have asked you for proof on that statement so that my intention was clear.

Regardless, I never meant to call you a liar.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
A sm4sh equivalent would be us seeing next friday's pic of the day now, i guess. It's kind of a leak, but not really anything we won't know soon anyway.

I have so... are you calling me a liar?
If the shoe fits. Also, stop putting words in his mouth, we both know he never said that.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The Palutena leak appeared AT LEAST 6 months from the release date. Thats pretty far from release compared to Brawls 2-3 months. We can assume that all the characters are done because Sakurai said he's working on the games balance now. That being said the only people that could get there hands on the game are those who are helping balance the game. They are probably at the point now where they are doing adventure mode stuff and extra mode things like that. I don't think its ready to be play tested yet. I'm telling you guys. Get your tinfoil hats ready! Sakurai was the one who leaked Palutena!

Why? because with all the news at the time of Nintendo going down Sakurai tried to build hype covertly. Leaking a character is better than doing it officially. Listen to the sound of Palutena discussion and not Little Mac discussion! Its all a part of Sakurai's plan to get us to keep hype up until the games release. Theres no way that Palutena will be revealed before release with this constant hype train!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Cycle of the SSB4 Rumors and Leaks Thread:

Step 1 (Pick one)

-Dumb GameFaqs leak everyone hates. (move to Step 2)
-Picture Leak. (move to Step 6)
-Re-posted Leak from ages ago. (move to Step 3)
-A leak is backed by something new. (move to Step 2, optionally 6)
-Character reveal! (move to Step 2, optionally 7)

Step 2

-Character argument! (move to Step 5)

Step 3

-Everyone facepalms at once, and proceeds to crucify the guy who re-posted the leak. (move to Step 4, optionally 2)

Step 4

-Someone decides to insult a mod and an argument/whine-fest lasts a page or two. (move to Step 5)

Step 5

-N30N (or another mod) shows up and everyone is warned. (move to Step 1, optionally 4)

Step 6

-Series of image comparisons initiate. (move to Step 7, optionally 2, and if it's the Palutena leak, 8)
-Series of re-posted image comparisons initiate. (move to Step 3)

Step 7

-Leak is killed. (back to Step 1)

Step 8

-Almost everyone agrees on whether or not a leak is fake. (back to Step 1)

That's what I'm getting out of this.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Palutena isn't a leak. It's fake.

I'm sure there are more interesting rumors to discuss.
Well, aren't you just being a Negative Nancy today?

Where's the proof to your claim? Your hard evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's not the true leak we've all been led to believe it is?

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Well, aren't you just being a Negative Nancy today?

Where's the proof to your claim? Your hard evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's not the true leak we've all been led to believe it is?
I have very strong beliefs about the supposed leak. Even if it is a leak, Sakurai isn't going to pop up on a direct and be all "this was a leak, my apologies."

So I am where I stand... it's fake.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Sm4sh is reaching two years development in a month.
If that isn't "far into development", then i don't know what is. We also don't know the release date, for all we know it could be in june.
Plus wasnt Namco working on the engine (they made a demo) while Sakurai was still finishing up Kid Icarus?

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I have very strong beliefs about the supposed leak. Even if it is a leak, Sakurai isn't going to pop up on a direct and be all "this was a leak, my apologies."

So you could of said "It's my opinion" instead of sounding like a huge tool bag.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

so you have no proof just beliefs....thats a piss poor argument

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Well, you could've said that instead of outright stating "it's not real, move the **** on" like you had the proof to back up your claim.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Sakurai may not even address that she has been leaked. He may not even be aware of the picture for all we know. Besides, Sakurai doesn't appear on Directs, Iwata would be going "Please Understand we can't keep everything secret!"

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

he probably would not say that, but that would not dispute the fact that it is real

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sakurai may not even address that she has been leaked. He may not even be aware of the picture for all we know. Besides, Sakurai doesn't appear on Directs, Iwata would be going "Please Understand we can't keep everything secret!"
If it was a leak, Iwata wouldn't even say anything in a Direct.

The only way we'll know is if the Palutena model that will inevitably be in the game (playable or otherwise) matches the leaked picture.

Basically we won't know until...

A) Palutena is shown in the game in some form
B) Release

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Corocoro leaks about a week in advance. It's a monthly magazine, they don't start putting it together until the last one is released.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think the incriminating factor against the Palutena "leak" is just the logic behind the whole idea. First off, how did someone manage to get a hold of a demo unit when, as far as we know, the game is still in development. Only select people within Nintendo have the ability or authority to test software to the capacity where an image like that would have been possible, for this to have happened before any formal phase of product testing is suspicious. Most of Brawl's leaks happened closer to release when the game was being handled by product testers. Sm4sh hasn't even had so much as a demo. By just following what I know of software development, and the general secrecy of Nintendo, I find it hard to accept any image; regardless of how convincing that image may seem. Visual information is a lot harder to circulate than verbal.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Double standards... I'm not allowed to insult people? But you people can? That's pretty piss poor.
He talking about the claim you made, which didn't have any backing to it. We don't know if Sakurai would say or do that because there's no proof of said opinion. Just saying it for the sake of it isn't going to change heads.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I think the incriminating factor against the Palutena "leak" is just the logic behind the whole idea. First off, how did someone manage to get a hold of a demo unit when, as far as we know, the game is still in development. Only select few people within Nintendo have the ability to test software to the capacity where an image like that would have been possible, for this to have happened before any formal phase of product testing is suspicious. Most of Brawl's leaks happened closer to release when the game was being handled by product testers. Sm4sh hasn't even had so much as a demo. By just following what I know of software development, and the general secrecy of Nintendo, I find it hard to accept any image; regardless of how convincing that image may seem.
Exactly. PREACH.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I think the incriminating factor against the Palutena "leak" is just the logic behind the whole idea. First off, how did someone manage to get a hold of a demo unit when, as far as we know, the game is still in development. Only select few people within Nintendo have the ability to test software to the capacity where an image like that would have been possible, for this to have happened before any formal phase of product testing is suspicious. Most of Brawl's leaks happened closer to release when the game was being handled by product testers. Sm4sh hasn't even had so much as a demo. By just following what I know of software development, and the general secrecy of Nintendo, I find it hard to accept any image; regardless of how convincing that image may seem.
smash4 had a demo its just that it was only played by sakurai and one other person(the e3 mario vs megaman match) and the games been in development almost as long as brawl was

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Double standards... I'm not allowed to insult people? But you people can? That's pretty piss poor.
He didn't insult you. He simply stated the argument was "piss poor."

You are stupid =/= That argument was stupid

There is a difference. No insults were made.

:D

I see where you're coming from, but we really don't know how far they are.

I mean, they could be in product testing phases. It's been two years.

Furthermore, we don't have to have a demo before they can enter product testing.

I personally think we don't have enough pieces of the picture.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think the incriminating factor against the Palutena "leak" is just the logic behind the whole idea. First off, how did someone manage to get a hold of a demo unit when, as far as we know, the game is still in development. Only select people within Nintendo have the ability or authority to test software to the capacity where an image like that would have been possible, for this to have happened before any formal phase of product testing is suspicious. Most of Brawl's leaks happened closer to release when the game was being handled by product testers. Sm4sh hasn't even had so much as a demo. By just following what I know of software development, and the general secrecy of Nintendo, I find it hard to accept any image; regardless of how convincing that image may seem. Visual information is a lot harder to circulate than verbal.
According to Sakurai, this game has been in development since the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'd say that's pretty far in development. Of course, that means nothing for the release date, so that argument of yours still stands, but this game's been in development quite a long time. I'd say it's been in development for more than long enough to get some rebellious little playtesters in there.

andimidna

Smash Master

So Sakurai suddenly recognizing Kid Icarus in Pics of the Day were all coincidences?
Confirming the Goddess of Nature as a Stage Hazard on the day of the leak?
Confirming there will be a statue of Palutena on Palutena's Temple stage a few days after the leak?

And to a lesser extent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom