• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
So Sakurai suddenly recognizing Kid Icarus in Pics of the Day were all coincidences?
Confirming the Goddess of Nature as a Stage Hazard on the day of the leak?
Confirming there will be a statue of Palutena on Palutena's Temple stage a few days after the leak?

And to a lesser extent:
O my gawd, coindinces r lik a reel thing? No whey!

Yes, I think it's a coincidence.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I see where you're coming from, but we really don't know how far they are.

I mean, they could be in product testing phases. It's been two years.
It's possible, but I'm inclined to believe there is still quite a bit of work to go judging by the fact Sakurai has commented how much is still changing in the game. Just look at his recent Famitsu column.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
According to Sakurai, this game has been in development since the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'd say that's pretty far in development. Of course, that means nothing for the release date, so that argument of yours still stands, but this game's been in development quite a long time. I'd say it's been in development for more than long enough to get some rebellious little playtesters in there.
Dravidian also mentioned
Plus wasnt Namco working on the engine (they made a demo) while Sakurai was still finishing up Kid Icarus?
The Dev time probably gets a 1-6 week jump from that, so that would put the two year mark right around now. Melee took about 14 months, while brawl took around 27-29. (all dat translation)
Not to mention a large chunk of the memory and development time in brawl was attributed to the SSE, which is absent from this game. While we don't have concrete evidence, it is very safe to say that sm4sh is in late, if not final, stages of development.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

i think Sakurai was toying with us at that one point, he gives us these pics around the time of the leak, then when we were think it was palutena...BAM, we get Lucario

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Lady Palutena gets leaked.

A stage and character not seen in pics for months on end are suddenly seen, both of which just so happen to be from the same universe as Lady Palutena.

a statue of THE GODDESS HERSELF is shown in a pic later.

Those are a lot of "coincidences", don't you think?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's possible, but I'm inclined to believe there is still quite a bit of work to go judging by the fact Sakurai has commented how much is still changing in the game. Just look at his recent Famitsu column.
True, but games are usually changed constantly until release.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
True, but games are usually changed constantly until release.
Indeed, and sometimes they aren't. Who knows? We may think we're seeing beta footage of the game this entire time, but maybe we've been looking at the finished product ever since E3!

andimidna

Smash Master
I think the incriminating factor against the Palutena "leak" is just the logic behind the whole idea. First off, how did someone manage to get a hold of a demo unit when, as far as we know, the game is still in development. Only select people within Nintendo have the ability or authority to test software to the capacity where an image like that would have been possible, for this to have happened before any formal phase of product testing is suspicious. Most of Brawl's leaks happened closer to release when the game was being handled by product testers. Sm4sh hasn't even had so much as a demo. By just following what I know of software development, and the general secrecy of Nintendo, I find it hard to accept any image; regardless of how convincing that image may seem. Visual information is a lot harder to circulate than verbal.
Somebody on the development team... or somebody from Namco... could've gotten fired... and did it in spite? There are just so many possibilities. And of course it'd be something unlikely to happen on a regular occasion... that's why there aren't leaked pics weekly... just those 2.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

A stage and character not seen in pics for months on end are suddenly seen, both of which just so happen to be from the same universe as Lady Palutena.

and then...BAM we get Lucario (i think samurai knows about the leak)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
According to Sakurai, this game has been in development since the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'd say that's pretty far in development. Of course, that means nothing for the release date, so that argument of yours still stands, but this game's been in development quite a long time. I'd say it's been in development for more than long enough to get some rebellious little playtesters in there.
Those "rebellious little playtesters" would be looking at thousands of dollars in fines for broken licensing agreements had they done this. I'm pretty sure there is supervision to prevent things like that from happening. That's usually why the leaks we do hear of are usually from a friend of a friend, because, again, it's a lot easier to disseminate information verbally and textually than it is digitally. Seldom ever happens; aside from user error like an internet listing being too early or poorly designed web interfaces.

Last edited:

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received

Your argument is pretty stupid.

I think it's a coincidence. It's fake, but seeing how gullible everyone is, Sakurai could be feeding off of our idiocy.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Anytime someone imitates another person's argument with hyperbole, all caps and exclamation points, I weep. My point doesn't boil down to you're making assumptions so you must be wrong. My point boils down to you're making assumptions based off absolutely nothing so you're argument isn't sound.

I see you're not above making assumptions either:
That's nice, because none of that was in your post. I think it was more you couldn't follow the logic.

And you know this how? There are two possibilities. He is either lying or he isn't. Nothing he has said or done has been any sort of definitive proof that he's lying. Quite the opposite actually.

Just because everyone wanted Little Mac means nothing. We know Sakurai is an odd fellow. A good amount of people wanted Little Mac last time and it didn't happen. Heck most people want Snake cut, but just because people want it doesn't mean it will happen. Everyone thought the Brawl leak was fake because Mewtwo was cut and ROB was in. Everyone thought it was fake. What everyone thinks about a character getting into Smash Bros means nothing. I can give you plenty of instances where characters that we would assume were sure things, actually weren't so sure. How many people freaked out again over Toon Link being revealed because they thought he should be cut?

I actually did attack his argument. If he attacked the guy's legitimacy or any real inconsistencies then yeah, he'd have a point. But nothing he has said has been inconsistent.
Of course there is no "definitive" proof that he's lying. What are we going to do? Strap him to a lie detector so we can see if he was telling the truth or not? The issues is that he made a prediction on a forum, then all of a sudden "I HAD A SOURCE THE WHOLE TIME GUYS. HONEST!" He claimed that the characters would be at E3 and then he said "NO, NINTENDO MUST HAVE PUSHED IT BACK." Now we are over 8 months deep and the next character was Rosalina (not even on the list_ and Little Mac, which everyone expected (yes, really popular characters get in. Do you think Sakurai threw a dart to pick Megaman?).

The stage disproves the leak because it shows that the intention was to always show Mac at a latter date. The Wii Fit and Megaman stages were never shown off until those character's trailers but the Punch-Out stage was there for everyone to see before any newcomer was really shown. It has since been decked out with Punch-Out stuff suggestion that stage was reworked. Sakurai wasn't going to show the stage and Mac all covered with "Smash," or even change the stage to Smash just so they don't have to show Little Mac then. It shows there was never a change of plan and that the intention was never to show off Mac at E3. This kills the rumor because the guy said he had info on the E3 reveals and the characters were to be at E3. The idea that the reveal was moved back doesn't make much sense.

With most rumors, there is skepticism. They are always questioned. With this one, it is taken on face value and nothing else. Even with more and more evidence that he never really knew anything. It is beleived by Pac-man supporters as one shot that their character might make it. It is believed by others as their mind cant fathom how he could have just gotten it right. People who believe this have had to jump though more and more hoops to have it fit and fall back on "How did he know WFT." At the same time, the major this that disproves it, the lack of an E3 reveal, is rationalized away or ignored. There is defiantly a double standard here.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think we can all agree that we really have no way of knowing whether this is real or not.

Too many pieces missing...

again you say its fake but you present no proof
He argued that Nintendo wouldn't make a slip up like this.

He's not giving proof, but he's presenting theories.

Still, I personally believe there is more for the leak than against it.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Your argument is pretty stupid.

I think it's a coincidence. It's fake, but seeing how gullible everyone is, Sakurai could be feeding off of our idiocy.
I could say the same thing about your argument. You say it's fake. You say all those KI pics are coincidences, and not a byproduct of the leak. But everything you argue is just based on your beliefs. You have no hard evidence towards anything you say. I will admit, though, I don't have any evidence to prove those pics WEREN'T a coincidence.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

I don't remember saying "please respond in the least respectful way to make yourself look like a ****ing dickhole," but maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyways, there is nothing going against the leak.
And there are many things going for the leak.
Assuming it's fake is just odd and pessimistic.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think we can all agree that we really have no way of knowing whether this is real or not.

Too many pieces missing...
Yet, it still comes up almost daily. I wish he'd let us know, either way. This thread has been madness ever since those pics.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yet, it still comes up almost daily. I wish he'd let us know, either way. This thread has been madness ever since those pics.
First possibly legit leak ever since Brawl, to my knowledge. Can you blame us, really?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
True dat!

I don't remember saying "please respond in the least respectful way to make yourself look like a ****ing ****hole," but maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyways, there is nothing going against the leak.
And there are many things going for the leak.
Assuming it's fake is just odd and pessimistic.
Calm down there buddy. Let's not call each other names.

What I'm interested in is how the leaker would have faked that rock formation.

That was the first time we'd seen it, wasn't it?

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think the incriminating factor against the Palutena "leak" is just the logic behind the whole idea. First off, how did someone manage to get a hold of a demo unit when, as far as we know, the game is still in development. Only select people within Nintendo have the ability or authority to test software to the capacity where an image like that would have been possible, for this to have happened before any formal phase of product testing is suspicious. Most of Brawl's leaks happened closer to release when the game was being handled by product testers. Sm4sh hasn't even had so much as a demo. By just following what I know of software development, and the general secrecy of Nintendo, I find it hard to accept any image; regardless of how convincing that image may seem. Visual information is a lot harder to circulate than verbal.
The problem is you still have to factor in
  • We never saw Mario in this pose
  • We never see another picture in the same pose.
  • The Model for Palutena is new.
There are other things, like a Starman ornament, which is a very specific thing to add. There is also one of the images for Mac showing that the mountains in the background are from the stage and likely not doctored in some way from previous pics. Do far, no one has brought concrete evidence that someone placed a ton of pictures and objects together. These things are usually found out in a day or two. It's over a month with no progress.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There are other things, like a Starman ornament, which is a very specific thing to add.
To be fair, there's no starman ornament.

It's actually part of something else entirely.

Kuzukanzaku

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
True, but to be off-topic for a sec, I love watching and beating off to Super Smash Bros. Fan hentai. It just fulfills me when I get to see Kirby's nice slick pixels getting penetrated by mario. Ahhhh I'm soooo f*cking weird. Judge me if you will, but I am a piece of ****, who lives in my moms basement.
TF is wrong with you? Make another thread for that weird ****, because nobody likes your b*tch ass. F*ck outta here and take a L b*tch. Who gave mods the permission to be weird as sh*t on a rumours thread. I came here looking for some rumours and see this weird ass n!gga on here.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
There are a lot of "could be" "if this then" "theres no way" "it was an accident" "you can't say its wrong" "you can't say its right" wishful/pessimistic thinking regarding this Palutena leak. I'm finally realizing everyone should go to bed and stop beating a dead horse. We will all know eventually whether the Palutena leak is real or not. Lets just wait until there is something to talk about to actually talk about something.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I don't know, his phraseology leads me to believe the actual meat-and-potatoes is still not fully complete yet.
What i got from it is that in "beefing up" the game, they're adding polish and details that the game doesn't exactly need, but will be appreciated.
What was the exact phrasing per say?
"The new Super Smash Bros. games are expected to be released sometime in 2014. We're still working on beefing them up even more so please stay tuned."
TF is wrong with you? Make another thread for that weird ****, because nobody likes your b*tch ***. F*ck outta here and take a L b*tch. Who gave mods the permission to be weird as sh*t on a rumours thread. I came here looking for some rumours and see this weird *** n!gga on here.
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
TF is wrong with you? Make another thread for that weird ****, because nobody likes your b*tch ***. F*ck outta here and take a L b*tch. Who gave mods the permission to be weird as sh*t on a rumours thread. I came here looking for some rumours and see this weird *** n!gga on here.
I'm laughing too hard to be angry!

XD

Still, that is a breach of rules...

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
1st off dude, he's joking 2nd don't insult a mod. 3rd, i don't like that language your making
edit: i know you made that post yourself aswell

Last edited:

Kuzukanzaku

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
What is wrong with that mod fu*k n!gga Swampasaur? Sorry if I'm off-topic, but that sh*t really got me guys. He weird as fu*k and needs to isolate himself from society forever. I'm new here and see this nasty **** on here. I can see why people argue with the mods.

andimidna

Smash Master
True dat!

Calm down there buddy. Let's not call each other names.

What I'm interested in is how the leaker would have faked that rock formation.

That was the first time we'd seen it, wasn't it?
On the left, yes. There was no way the leaker could have known that rock formation was also on the left side, as we had seen it on the right only. Assuming the rocks look the same on both sides doesn't seem safe. And if it was faked, you'd think they'd try to play it safe. If the design was completely Uprising based and was angled to show only things already confirmed in the stage, that could easily be a good texture hack/ photoshop, as it's more safe. But the rock formation ending up on the other side doesn't seem obvious or likely. Suggesting this wasn't a good fake, but is real.

D

Deleted member

Does mommy know her little ***** is up past his bedtime jacking off to ponies while pretending to be some bigshot troll on forums instead of contemplating what to do with their godforsaken waste of a life that they should just end with a screwdriver through the throat?

EDIT: I think I'll tell her as I'm porking her right in the *****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom