• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Which of the live leaks would you guys like to see come true? At the moment, my favourite is the Betternet Roster Leak.
I really want the Pac-Man,Mii,Little Mac leak to be real *hides from flamers*

as you can see on my fan roster for smash on my signature

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here is an interesting question?

How do you feel with leaks that have more than three cuts in them?

And how do you feel about leaks with any cuts in them?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

The Melee cuts didn't bother me that much, as I love playing as newcomers. If Sakurai needs to cut characters in order to develop new ones, or rehash old ones, then it's fine with me.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

depends on what the cut is, if its the game, i cry my *** off, if its something want cut off, I'm happy, if its something i didn't expect get cut...eh...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, I'm not exactly asking about how cuts make you feel.

More of, do cuts help the believably of the leak?

D

Deleted member

Well, I'm not exactly asking about how cuts make you feel.

More of, do cuts help the believably of the leak?
Cuts neither help nor hinder my perception of believability unless the featured cuts don't make sense.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The Melee cuts didn't bother me that much, as I love playing as newcomers. If Sakurai needs to cut characters in order to develop new ones, or rehash old ones, then it's fine with me.
The only cut from Melee that kinda bothered me somewhat was Mewtwo (even tho I got over it, plus Sakurai is thinking about adding him).

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I feel like Sakurai may have to resort to cuts, but I'm pretty sure that cuts will only happen a few months before release. In my opinion, cuts hurt the credibility of a leak since they probably haven't been decided yet.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Cuts help the believability of the leak. That being said, Toon Link and Lucario are both in. Sakurai is a very, very confusing man.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cuts help the believability of the leak. That being said, Toon Link and Lucario are both in. Sakurai is a very, very confusing man.
To be honest, I'm starting to believe we won't get Brawl cuts....

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The only possible cuts I see are Ivysaur and Squirtle, Wolf, or Lucas (or maybe Ike, but I seriously doubt it). Any other cut seems unlikely to me. Oh, and maybe Sheik being replaced by Impa, but I don't think that really counts.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah I'm starting to feel that way too. I don't know who is left to cut. I don't understand the reasoning behind Ike, he has a unique moveset and is an interesting character to play as. Snake is the only one that's up in the air a bit. I don't see why he'd go, but if he did, it'd make more sense than anyone else. Maybe Sakurai said what he said just in case some unexpected difficulties arose?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wouldn't say their return marks that we won't get cuts. To Sakurai, those two may've meant more to the cast he wants then what we initially assessed and due to that, that may mean certain characters are lower priority then them. We should still expect cuts, they are a dark shadow over the characters that may claim them and it's better to be prepared for them.

Edit: Either way, I stand by what Pacack said: Cuts are not something he's looking for and thus they're probably just going to be characters that didn't make it a la Mewtwo, trying to guess which ones would be at that bottom ring is probably going to be harder then we expect too as each has a reason to return.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Aside from Snake who I think is probably going to be the only cut from Brawl (unless Sakurai asks his buddy Kojima and Konami regarding Snake's return), Ike and the Pokémon Trainer have a 50/50% chance of either staying or going (Ike is likely to get subbed for Chrom, and Pokémon is kinda a hard series to predict reps for).

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wouldn't say their return marks that we won't get cuts. To Sakurai, those two may've meant more to the cast he wants then what we initially assessed and due to that, that may mean certain characters are lower priority then them.
Yeah I definitely agree. Cut may still happen, of course, it's just that this time last year they were on my low priority list.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Aside from Snake who I think is probably going to be the only cut from Brawl (unless Sakurai asks his buddy Kojima and Konami regarding Snake's return), Ike and the Pokémon Trainer have a 50/50% chance of either staying or going (Ike is likely to get subbed for Chrom, and Pokémon is kinda a hard series to predict reps for).
If Ike goes, it won't be because Chrom replaced him...

And Snake won't get cut, I'm sure of that...

Personally I don't believe a leak that has Snake cut.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The only possible cuts I see are Ivysaur and Squirtle, Wolf, or Lucas (or maybe Ike, but I seriously doubt it). Any other cut seems unlikely to me. Oh, and maybe Sheik being replaced by Impa, but I don't think that really counts.

If Squirtle and Ivysaur gets axed, then the Trainer does too (probably for the best since Pokémon had the most reps in Brawl (7 if the Trainer himself is taken into account), Ike is in danger of getting replaced by Chrom (which continues the trend of the 2nd FE rep getting replaced by the recent "Lord of the Year"), and Snake might get cut (depends if Sakurai can work his magic on Kojima a 2nd time).

Sheik on the other hand I'll be sad if she got axed, she's a big part of Zelda's moveset (since they are using TP Zelda again for the model), and I think she should stay since OoT3D was only a few years ago that makes her relevant (I still want to know what the Phantom Solider is going to be)?

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
If Squirtle and Ivysaur gets axed, then the Trainer does too (probably for the best since Pokémon had the most reps in Brawl (7 if the Trainer himself is taken into account), Ike is in danger of getting replaced by Chrom (which continues the trend of the 2nd FE rep getting replaced by the recent "Lord of the Year"), and Snake might get cut (depends if Sakurai can work his magic on Kojima a 2nd time).

Sheik on the other hand I'll be sad if she got axed, she's a big part of Zelda's moveset (since they are using TP Zelda again for the model), and I think she should stay since OoT3D was only a few years ago that makes her relevant (I still want to know what the Phantom Solider is going to be)?
how can you have a trend of one?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be fair, it's not a trend.

It's one event.

Even then, Roy wasn't replaced. He was still planned to be in Brawl. He was simply cut due to time constraints.

D

Deleted member

Snake is the only one I feel could be cut at this point, and that's mainly on the pretense that we don't know if Snake was meant to be a one-time deal like Gon in Tekken 3 or not.

EDIT: Though any rumor that states Snake is "low priority" or his return is in question is automatically false.
With a case like him, it's dead even. Either he's for sure returning because Sakurai and Kojima will it, or he's not returning and was never meant to return.

Last edited by a moderator:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
To be fair, it's not a trend.

It's one event.

Even then, Roy wasn't replaced. He was still planned to be in Brawl. He was simply cut due to time constraints.
I agree, with that, let's hope Ike doesn't get replaced by Chrom (which means FE may get 3 reps, matter of fact I'm going to throw some support down for Ike's return).

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I agree, with that, let's hope Ike doesn't get replaced by Chrom (which means FE may get 3 reps, matter of fact I'm going to throw some support down for Ike's return).
I think that after Awakening's success, FE deserves 3 reps. What is there, like... 13 games in the series or something? Any leak that has a new Fire Emblem rep, be it Chrom, Roy's return or anyone else, I think it gains credibility.

D

Deleted member

Leaks don't gain credibility just because of including an easy to predict character.

D

Deleted member

Maybe not, but it's easier to trust a leak saying that Captain Falcon is returning than one that says the Sandbag is a playable character, isn't it?
That's comparing apples to oranges.

Leaks only gain credibility when the information they leak shows to be accurate.
The content of the leak (unless it's clearly fabrication) is irrelevant.
A leak saying that Chrom will be a Newcomer isn't any more credibile than a leak saying Sandbag will be a Newcomer. Only less bizarre.

By the same note, a leak saying Captain Falcon is coming back isn't credible on the basis that it says Falcon's coming back. I mean, no **** he's coming back. Don't need some "leak" to tell me that.

Last edited by a moderator:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Maybe not, but it's easier to trust a leak saying that Captain Falcon is returning than one that says the Sandbag is a playable character, isn't it?

Well Captain Falcon deserves to return since he's an Original 12 member (especially now that Little Mac has entered the ring), and props to you on the Sandbag part, gave me a few laughs there, I would probably laugh really hard if Sandbag suddenly grew arms and legs and started beating up all those people who kept using him as a baseball.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I think that after Awakening's success, FE deserves 3 reps. What is there, like... 13 games in the series or something? Any leak that has a new Fire Emblem rep, be it Chrom, Roy's return or anyone else, I think it gains credibility.
Would 4 FE reps be overkill? If not then maybe they can bring Roy back the same way they brought Marth back (even tho Marth was going to return even if he wasn't a DLC boss (he being FE's primary mascot is what got him this far), his essence played a big part in Awakening, also Roy like Marth was also in FE Awakening as a DLC boss, along with Ike).

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Would 4 FE reps be overkill? If not then maybe they can bring Roy back the same way they brought Marth back (Roy like Marth was also in FE Awakening as a DLC boss, along with Ike).
I do believe four FE characters would be a bit overkill.

I personally think it'll be...

Marth
Ike
Chrom / Roy

Either way, let's go back to leak speak!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Check the edit.
You seem to have a skewed sense of credibility.
Perhaps we have a different understanding of the word. Credibility, in my opinion, is a subjective term. I'm personally more likely to believe certain characters over others.

When you say 'Leaks only gain credibility when the information they leak shows to be accurate', it's the only that I personally disagree with. The leaker begins with no credibility, but the content of each leak has varying degrees of credibility.

Just my opinion, I'm not trying to start a fight with you or anything.

JediLink

Smash Ace
How about "plausibility" instead of "credibility? A leak with Chrom is more plausible than a leak with Sandbag.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I know this has been talked to death, but let's think about the two leaks that are more believed than not:

The Palutena leak and the Neogaf "Leaky Three."

If both of these are true, are newcomers are:
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Mii
Pac-Man
Palutena

That's eight newcomers already that we're pretty certain about and this doesn't even touch on the popular choices like K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Chrom, any new Pokémon or Zelda character, or Takamaru.

The point of this is that as much as I would LOVE to see Prince Sable and other WTF characters, I don't really think we have the room.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I love this forum already, but gee, read the last couple of page and that was certanly a massacre of off-topic, trolling and plain out... bad.
For a forum that seems pretty calm and lacks the big amount of trolls like many other forums has, there sure are a lot of Off Topic here. It's a shame. But I am happy the Mods seems to be good at taking care of things.

Oh well, sorry about that. Anyways, I've not seen any recent believeable rumors or so, so I will say, since some Mod asked, I do Believe the Palutena leak is very much real. Not confirmed, but there are way too many "evidence" for me to not Believe it. Not that I didn't expect her anyways~

PS: I can finally spell Believe correctly! I Think!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I know this has been talked to death, but let's think about the two leaks that are more believed than not:

The Palutena leak and the Neogaf "Leaky Three."

If both of these are true, are newcomers are:
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Mii
Pac-Man
Palutena

That's eight newcomers already that we're pretty certain about and this doesn't even touch on the popular choices like K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, any new Pokémon or Zelda character, or Takamaru.

The point of this is that as much as I would LOVE to see Prince Sable and other WTF characters, I don't really think we have the room.
What about the Sheriff, (is he even a Nintendo character?, I think he's a retro character if I'm not mistaken and would make a great WTF character)?
Also I'll be mad if Miis suddenly showed up out of nowhere it's like adding in the avatar from Microsoft (thank god Microsoft hasn't attempted their own rip-offed version of Smash Bros...... yet).

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Would 4 FE reps be overkill? If not then maybe they can bring Roy back the same way they brought Marth back (even tho Marth was going to return even if he wasn't a DLC boss (he being FE's primary mascot is what got him this far), his essence played a big part in Awakening, also Roy like Marth was also in FE Awakening as a DLC boss, along with Ike).
No, I don't think giving a series that has lately become very popular with a long line of character-centric games a 4th rep, overkill. In fact, I find it more likely than 2 reps. Although I wouldn't choose Roy, I like the concept of Anna and Tiki as a team. I just... like it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom