• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Microsoft version of Smash Brothers would make even less sense than the Sony one. They don't even have diversity in their roster of characters like Sony did/does Sony's problem was getting lost in third parties and not even the ones that were ''all stars."

I wish we could get a remake on Playstation Allstars in all honesty.

As for retro characters?

Give me Takamaru and Duck Hunt Dog. Those are my main two retro wants.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman

What about the Sheriff, (is he even a Nintendo character?, I think he's a retro character if I'm not mistaken and would make a great WTF character)?
Also I'll be mad if Miis suddenly showed up out of nowhere it's like adding in the avatar from Microsoft (thank god Microsoft hasn't attempted their own rip-offed version of Smash Bros...... yet).
Like I said, I personally love WTF characters and I agree Sheriff would be a good one, but the newcomers' roster is just too full. There will be maybe one more character we don't expect and that's probably it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Like I said, I personally love WTF characters and I agree Sheriff would be a good one, but the newcomers' roster is just too full. There will be maybe one more character we don't expect and that's probably it.
You know we can't put a limit of TEN newcomers on this game. This game has been in development for TWO years. Why does everyone expect that we're getting less newcomers than Brawl in a LONGER production time?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
No, I don't think giving a series that has lately become very popular with a long line of character-centric games a 4th rep, overkill. In fact, I find it more likely than 2 reps. Although I wouldn't choose Roy, I like the concept of Anna and Tiki as a team. I just... like it a lot.
True they would make a good rep, but at this rate we're probably are going to end up with a boatload of 2-1 characters (aka teamed based fighters like the Ice Climbers, even tho so far Rosalina is the only team based fighter revealed (unless Olimar counts with his Pikimin).

I love this forum already, but gee, read the last couple of page and that was certanly a massacre of off-topic, trolling and plain out... bad.
For a forum that seems pretty calm and lacks the big amount of trolls like many other forums has, there sure are a lot of Off Topic here. It's a shame. But I am happy the Mods seems to be good at taking care of things.

Oh well, sorry about that. Anyways, I've not seen any recent believeable rumors or so, so I will say, since some Mod asked, I do Believe the Palutena leak is very much real. Not confirmed, but there are way too many "evidence" for me to not Believe it. Not that I didn't expect her anyways~

PS: I can finally spell Believe correctly! I Think!
Funny, I always had trouble spelling believe, thank god you're allowed to fix that by right clicking the word.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
You know we can't put a limit of TEN newcomers on this game. This game has been in development for TWO years. Why does everyone expect that we're getting less newcomers than Brawl in a LONGER production time?
Because Sakurai has literally stated that Smash 4 will probably get fewer newcomers than Brawl. I'm not saying ten, I'm just saying less than 15.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I agree, I'm going to guess we'll get 15 newcomers (a reasonable amount, I still have my eyes set on a 45 character roster with 3 3rd Party characters), also Brawl took like 3 years to complete no thanks to the delays (I blame Sonic for that).

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ VioletSmashfan VioletSmashfan
lol, indeed. Though I still miss doing it at times.

Also seems this thread suddenly turned into 'Most Wanted Character' again. :( I Think I'll stay away from this thread now.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If Ike goes, it won't be because Chrom replaced him...

And Snake won't get cut, I'm sure of that...

Personally I don't believe a leak that has Snake cut.
The only way Snake could even be cut if Kojima decides against it. But really, what does he have to lose?

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
I don't personally buy any Brawl cuts at all with the strange exception of Snake and even then. But before the Snake factor...

Considering Toon Link and Lucario made it back (and more so Toon Link) I don't think any character is getting axed. I think the priority is Import Brawl Characters > Develop Newcomers > Edit/Buff/Nerf Brawl Characters > Mewtwo or returning Melee characters > Overall tweaks to the Engine and whatever Buffs/Nerfs/Unexpected events.

With that said, I am not expecting any cuts. But here is why I consider Snake to be the ONLY exception... and not because he hasn't had a game for the Wii U yet. It's more of this snip I got from Smash Wiki about Snake overall:

According to Hideo Kojima, he asked Nintendo to use Snake in Brawl, but was initially turned down, as Snake seemed too similar to a mascot for rival console maker Sony rather than Nintendo; Snake's last appearance on a Nintendo console was in 2003's The Twin Snakes, a Metal Gear Solid remake, while the then-unreleased fourth game in the series, Guns of the Patriots, was strongly speculated to be the killer app for the PlayStation 3. Kojima later asked Sakurai himself to add Snake; as the two were personal friends, Snake was added to the expanding roster of characters.
Source of that is Smash Wiki and sadly it's not cited. I know, not totally reliable. :/ But if it is true, then Nintendo might not want Snake in even if Sakurai does. That would be on top of the "relevance" argument. Of course, if Sakurai has enough weight, Snake could make it in and there'd be no reason to think otherwise. I honestly would prefer that Snake come back just to support my personal rule of "No Cut Characters" for fighting game rosters.

Overall, I don't see any cuts happening. Out of all the characters to axe... Toon Link was the most deserving... and he made it back. I know Sakurai likes to surprise us... but that's a surprise I prefer he keep. :p

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Just found this, though I'm not sure I should post it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/68589663

-Dixie is a playable character
-She isn't attached to Diddy nor is she a clone of him
-She whips her hair for all of her normal attacks, much like Shantae
-Her neutral special uses her Gumball Pop-Gun from Tropical Freeze, which shoots out tiny gumballs that stick to any surface they come in contact with
-If a gumball is on the ground and someone steps on it, they get stuck to the ground for a very short amount of time
-Her up special has her spinning through the air with her ponytail like in the DKC games
-The move is similar to Donkey Kong's Spinning Kong, except Dixie's Hair-Copter is more vertical and less horizontal
-Her down special has her whipping the ground with her hair
-This move is similar to Donkey Kong's Hand Slap, except Dixie's Hair Slam sends opponents down and out
-Her smash special has her whipping her hair in front of her repeatedly
-It builds up a lot of damage if the entire move hits
-Gangplank Galleon is a stage in the game. It's gimmickless/hazardless
-Takamaru is a newcomer
-His design is a fusion of his classic look and his design in Samurai Warriors 3
-His normals consist of quick slashes with low knockback, very combo-oriented.
-His neutral special is a chargable horizontal slash that sends out a shockwave of varying size depending on how long you charge it
-His up special is very similar to Marth's
-His down special has him change his stance, of which he can do several unique moves out of
-His smash special is a powerful quickdraw slash with multiple hitboxes on it. One of his few killing moves
-The Murasame Castle is a stage in the game. It takes place on the roof of the castle
-Ninjas appear every now and then and throw bombs and shuriken at the players on field
-Pac-Man is a playable character
-He uses his design from Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
-His neutral special allows him to open his mouth and eat anything/anyone in his path
-He can move around while performing this move
-His up special causes a line of Pac-Dots to appear, and Pac-Man travels along the path they create while eating them
-His smash special has him shooting a Pac-Dot from his hand, similar to his move Pac-Dot Attack from Street Fighter X Tekken
-His down special has him eat one of three random power-berries. Each one gives him a unique one-use move
-The Chameleon Berry turns him into Chameleon Pac and makes him stick out his tongue, and if it hits he pulls them back and gobbles them up
-Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Lucas and R.O.B. return
-Falco and Wolf return and are similar to how they play in Brawl
-Falco's Final Smash is different and has him jumping into an Arwing and shooting the stage
-Lucario's Final Smash is different as well. It has him transforming into Mega Lucario and all of his moves are beefed up and have twice the range
-Mega Lucario can still be take damage and be knocked off the stage, though he can't be grabbed
-Zero Suit Samus now uses her Metroid Other M design
-Wario's default costume is his classic design this time around
-Roy also returns as a playable character
-He's no longer a direct clone of Marth
-His neutral special and and smash special stay the same
-His up special is now a diagonal drill-spin slash
-It has short range but it ends with a powerful slash, designed to end combos
-His down special is no longer Counter
-It's a lunging downward slash similar to his critical animation with the Sealed Sword from his game
-Mewtwo returns and his Final Smash is simlar to Lucario's in Brawl, but it's much bigger and deals slightly less damage
-The roster will total near the high 40s-low 50s
-Stages from 64, Melee, and Brawl return this time around. About 3 per game

Leafeon Forever

Smash Rookie
Just found this, though I'm not sure I should post it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/68589663

Well that is interesting. But why hasn't any leak mentioned a new Pokémon rep. Basically the only things that represents X and Y so far is Xerneas and he is a Pokéball Pokémon. I would also think Pokémon Trainer just with different pokemon. Why do you do this to me Sakurai.
At least there is no Snake.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
So ye-ah, my friend at namco told me that he was workin' on de new Smash bros, and I was like OMG OMG OMG TELL ME and he told me, so imma post it here cause yolo
Characters -
Claus
Paula
Poo
Ninten
Ana
Frank
Duster
Kumatora
Lloyd (Earthbound)
Banjo
Kazooie (Both control separately)
Bomberman
Maskedman
Superman
Ironman
Spiderman
Mii
Ash
Gary
Misty
Brock
Tracy / Max (Final smash transform)
Jynx / Mr.Po Po (Split Character)
Assists -
Giga Mac (The one shown in the trailer is a assist trophy)
Ridley (Because he's too big)
The Toad Army (Captain Toad leads the ship down, as millions of Toads attack the player that summoned them. If it's Peach, they deliberately rip her in half and her Toad runs and helps.)
Pac Man (Because he sucks and noone should want him unless you have a good moveset then I say go for it)

Bosses -
Mike Tyson (Does 10x more damage depending on how big and exposed your ears are)
Doc Louis (Throws boxing gloves)

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So ye-ah, my friend at namco told me that he was workin' on de new Smash bros, and I was like OMG OMG OMG TELL ME and he told me, so imma post it here cause yolo
Characters -
Claus
Paula
Poo
Ninten
Ana
Frank
Duster
Kumatora
Lloyd (Earthbound)
Banjo
Bomberman
Maskedman
Superman
Ironman
Spiderman
Mii
Ash
Gary
Misty
Brock
Assists -
The Toad Army (Captain Toad leads the ship down, as millions of Toads attack the player that summoned them. If it's Peach, they deliberately rip her in half and her Toad runs and helps.)
Pac Man (Because he sucks and noone should want him unless you have a good moveset then I say go for it)

Bosses -
Mike Tyson (Does 10x more damage depending on how big and exposed your ears are)
Obviously fake.
Heavy and medic should be in too!

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Yay a leak: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/✪-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-discussion-thread-v2-✪.453698331/page-50#post-488815105

edit: he later states:

Cerulean Cave is Mewtwo's home stage
Mike Tyson is actually Mr. Dream
New Stages Include:
Cerulean Cave
Flat Zone 3
Mii Plaza
Popples
Pokemon Stadium 3
Skyworld (Revamped)
Murasame Castle
He added also that Pac-man was scrapped because they made a model and didn't like the way he looked. Now that's obviously fake because he would never get the rights to a character, especially a Third Party, and scrap it.

Leafeon Forever

Smash Rookie
Characters -
Claus
Paula
Poo
Ninten
Ana
Frank
Duster
Kumatora
Lloyd (Earthbound)
Banjo
Bomberman
Maskedman
Superman
Ironman
Spiderman
Mii
Ash
Gary
Misty
Brock
Assists -

Bosses -
Did he just say Iron Man, Superman, and Spider-Man? Who is he fooling. And I think it was pretty obvious in the trailer that Giga Mac is Little Mac's Final Smash. Also, Sakurai will never add Ash, Tracey, Max, and Gary. They aren't even in the games, just the anime.

D

Deleted member

-She isn't attached to Diddy nor is she a clone of him
Misread that as She isn't attracted to Diddy.

Did he just say Iron Man, Superman, and Spider-Man? Who is he fooling. And I think it was pretty obvious in the trailer that Giga Mac is Little Mac's Final Smash. Also, Sakurai will never add Ash, Tracey, Max, and Gary. They aren't even in the games, just the anime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Because Sakurai has literally stated that Smash 4 will probably get fewer newcomers than Brawl. I'm not saying ten, I'm just saying less than 15.
Yeah, 14 newcomers is as optimistic as I'd be willing to think. Any more than 14 starts to undermine what Sakurai said about there being less newcomers than brawl.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Do you know the words sarcasm or satire

This article may explain that expectation.

When a new character is added, they need to be tested against every existing character. The number of needed matchup studies is (x^2 - x) / 2, where x is the number of characters. For example, Brawl's 39 characters required 741 unique matchups to test thoroughly, and we're only talking about one-on-one.

This is why the roster size isn't going to explode again like it did between Melee and Brawl. I expect the net gain of characters to be small.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yay a leak: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/✪-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-discussion-thread-v2-✪.453698331/page-50#post-488815105

New Stages Include:
Cerulean Cave
Flat Zone 3
Mii Plaza
Popples
Pokemon Stadium 3
Skyworld (Revamped)
Murasame Castle
Hard to believe they would put Blue in the game along Blastoise, Charmeleon and Bulbasaur and not use him as a playable character, so I believe it is a fake. Although I really like the newcomers mentioned in the rumor, mainly Ridley, K. Rool, Robin, Lip and Takamaru.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
He added also that Pac-man was scrapped because they made a model and didn't like the way he looked. Now that's obviously fake because he would never get the rights to a character, especially a Third Party, and scrap it.
Nah, while this rumour is weird in general, this thing in particular doesn't set it off. It is entirely possible that they made a concept model of sorts before considering licensing. Especially since such stuff is video game development standard, especially since we are talking about one weird looking character (nobody knows would he fit), and especially since they are working together with Namco.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

I'm not sure whether this is a serious attempted leak or a joke, but changing something about the leak is too sketchy.
Characters -
Claus
Paula
Poo
Ninten
Ana
Frank
Duster
Kumatora
Lloyd (Earthbound)
Banjo
Bomberman
Maskedman
Superman
Ironman
Spiderman

Mii
Ash
Gary
Misty
Brock
Assists -

Bosses -
1- Too many newcomers.
2- I'm pretty sure this is a joke.
3- Mike Tyson. Not happening. We'd likely already hear about the deal already.
4- Yeah, this is a joke, calling it now.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
>Claims that Wii Fit sold millions, and thus there are millions of Smash fans online that could have guessed her specifically as an E3 reveal.

>Fails to show even one of said guesses.

>Potentially goes into other debates and talks about the online Smash community being insignificant and tiny.

Also, just a warning for when the inevitable storm of weekend leaks start up, I will warn any pseudo-comedian who posts "No Ridley or K. Rool, obviously fake." Take the hilarious jokes to some other thread not meant for serious discussion of leaks.
Actually at least two threads asking for Wii Fit Trainer, long before E3 were posted. But I mean, you can keep claiming her guess was omnipotence.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I'm not sure whether this is a serious attempted leak or a joke, but changing something about the leak is too sketchy.
He said that his friend told him "Punch-Out Final Boss", which he assumed to be Tyson, but he was later alerted it was actually Mr. Dream.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman

I can't decide what rumours are worse, the ones that make ridiculous outrageous claims like Goku being in the game or the ones like this one that 'leak' the sort of stuff that any old idiot could easily predict. I guess the best rumours are a mix of the obvious, the outrageous and stuff in between. Might start working on a leak myself now.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
He said that his friend told him "Punch-Out Final Boss", which he assumed to be Tyson, but he was later alerted it was actually Mr. Dream.
Nah, nobody gives a crap about Mr. Dream. He's always going to be that boring generic guy that replaced the awesomeness of Mike Tyson. That's why Next Level Games didn't bother bringing him back for the Wii game. I can't see Nintendo bringing him back. If he said 'Punch-Out Final Boss' and then said that referred to Mr. Sandman (final boss of the arcade original and the Wii game), then I'd say it was more realistic.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
If we're talking about retro characters... I want Takamaru and Lip.

(Lip is retro, right?)
Not retro enough like Pit was or Takamaru is.

Japan thinks Little Mac is still retro for some reason. I read some Little Mac reactions from Japan and some were like "There goes Takamaru's chances". Did Punch Out Wii do THAT badly over there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom