• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Nah, nobody gives a crap about Mr. Dream. He's always going to be that boring generic guy that replaced the awesomeness of Mike Tyson. That's why Next Level Games didn't bother bringing him back for the Wii game. I can't see Nintendo bringing him back. If he said 'Punch-Out Final Boss' and then said that referred to Mr. Sandman (final boss of the arcade original and the Wii game), then I'd say it was more realistic.
How about they add Doc Louis as a boss

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
ive never seen this pic before. anyone know where it comes from?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
ive never seen this pic before. anyone know where it comes from?
It looks like a nonworking image. Try downloading it and uploading via Photobucket/Tinypic.
EDIT: It works now.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Folks, I found something...interesting.

For better or worse, I was browsing 4chan through the Foolz Archive, and saw this thread:

http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/231900560/#231920438

The OP had a very peculiar looking image of Sonic and Peach we've never seen before, as far as I can tell.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, Cap beat me the punch, agh.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

For better or worse, I was browsing 4chan through the Foolz Archive, and saw this thread:

The OP had a very peculiar looking image of Sonic and Peach we've never seen before, as far as I can tell.

Thoughts?

There's some pictures not released on Miiverse, often on Facebook and Twitter via their pages. I think I've seen this before, this looks like another one of Sakurai's "Friday Images".

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
He said that his friend told him "Punch-Out Final Boss", which he assumed to be Tyson, but he was later alerted it was actually Mr. Dream.
That's actually an easy mistake to make. You newer kids might not know this but Mike Tyson was actually the final boss of Punch-out in the original, the remakes and later releases changed this to Mr. Dream.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
That's actually an easy mistake to make. You newer kids might not know this but Mike Tyson was actually the final boss of Punch-out in the original, the remakes and later releases changed this to Mr. Dream.
Definitely an understandable mistake.

That Sonic and Peach picture intrigues me. Don't recall seeing that anywhere.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im pretty sure ive seen images in the smashbros website that werent posted on facebook/twitter or miiverse. Its been like that for a while, they change some pics from character pages. I didnt worry about it before because I thought everyone was aware of it. But if thats the case, palutena leak could be fake, there's a possibility someone took an image from the website and edited it; maybe by pure luck that the pic he chose to edit got changed.
This is still a possibility, and not the absolute truth

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Im pretty sure ive seen images in the smashbros website that werent posted on facebook/twitter or miiverse. Its been like that for a while, they change some pics from character pages. I didnt worry about it before because I thought everyone was aware of it. But if thats the case, palutena leak could be fake, there's a possibility someone took an image from the website and edited it; maybe by pure luck that the pic he chose to edit got changed.
This is still a possibility, and not the absolute truth
I'm pretty sure that they don't change.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Anonymous Sun Feb 16 2014 10:27:12 No.231919986 Report
>>231917469
not me
i really haven't heard about any characters other than whats been officially shown. nintendo japan is currently in an "ip dustoff" project where they are working on sequels, reboots and spiritual sequels to older ips. i know for a fact that they are doing something with for the frog the bell tolls and mysterious murasame castle. muddy mole is getting a party game sort of thing on 3ds eshop soon. i suppose we'll get a few playable characters from these older ips.

So apparently he's some sort of play tester/works with e3. He wouldn't confirm Palutena or any characters but says they might be doing something with the above stated. Didn't a leak said that one of the retros were getting a re-up ala Kid Icarus Uprising?

Edit: It also may just be a really good port of Sonic/Peach /Battlefield. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
>>231917469
not me
i really haven't heard about any characters other than whats been officially shown. nintendo japan is currently in an "ip dustoff" project where they are working on sequels, reboots and spiritual sequels to older ips. i know for a fact that they are doing something with for the frog the bell tolls and mysterious murasame castle. muddy mole is getting a party game sort of thing on 3ds eshop soon. i suppose we'll get a few playable characters from these older ips.

So apparently he's some sort of play tester/works with e3. He wouldn't confirm Palutena or any characters but says they might be doing something with the above stated. Didn't a leak said that one of the retros were getting a re-up ala Kid Icarus Uprising?

Edit: It also may just be a really good port of Sonic/Peach /Battlefield. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.
That's an interesting one, Muddy Mole and Muramase Castle? Interesting.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Really? Was it just me the entire time? Damn it... Would someone check please? I dont want to sound like a confident idiot...
Yea I've experienced the same thing. I go back and look and I don't remember a pic but it was there the whole time.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Sonic never really looked right to me in this game.

That weird, almost drawn on looking smile.....
Honestly, his look in 4 has freaked me out endlessly. The smile looks so fake to me. Or just an annoying smirk.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
T

That's an interesting one, Muddy Mole and Muramase Castle? Interesting.
Yeah, I think it sounds pretty interesting. Stinks though because with 4chan you'll never really know (unless you have a name, not sure) who is who. One guy claimed to be him and said that "i don't want to provide too much information out of fear of losing my job, but the next newcomer has already shown up in a leaked picture. that's all i can say.". Although the story of "I don't know much about the characters, however there's reboots and an eshop game coming" sounds a lot more believable.

Anyways, Will you guys be keeping an eye on this one, or deem it as random people claiming to be the OP, the picture being a fake brawl port, or just that someone has a picture somehow?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think sonic looked worse in Brawl. Actually, they all did. Stupid realistic style.
This is why I like Brawl Modifications.
And then when we find those bad leaks with Brawl hacks, it's even easier to debunk.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Will say, that picture [from 4Chan] certainly seems legitimate, but it being true or false doesn't exactly make a difference seeing how these characters have been revealed and the stage was the first one to be seen on Wii U.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
\

Thoughts?

I did a google image search and came up with nothing. In fairness, I did the same thing with an image from the E3 press kit and got nothing.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The image looks very legitimate. I don't think anyone would waste their time to make a screenshot like this.
Especially seeing how it's just Sonic and Peach on a confirmed stage?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
>>231917469
not me

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Just found this, though I'm not sure I should post it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/68589663
Gangplank Galleon being a Gimmickless stage? Anyway, isn't that interesting so it isn't worth discussing..
Yay a leak: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/✪-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-discussion-thread-v2-✪.453698331/page-50#post-488815105

edit: he later states:

Cerulean Cave is Mewtwo's home stage
Mike Tyson is actually Mr. Dream
New Stages Include:
Cerulean Cave
Flat Zone 3
Mii Plaza
Popples
Pokemon Stadium 3
Skyworld (Revamped)
Murasame Castle
I don't even read leaks posted on IGN.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Oh that 4chan leak has Takamaru and Sable again, I didn't notice.
I'll just borrow swordbreaker's gif:

It's making my expectations for this game even ****ing higher.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
The odd thing about that Sonic/Peach picture is it's not even a leaker, he was just a guy looking for information on what people considered good party games.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Gangplank Galleon being a Gimmickless stage? Anyway, isn't that interesting so it isn't worth discussing..
"-Mewtwo returns and his Final Smash is simlar to Lucario's in Brawl, but it's much bigger and deals slightly less damage"
1-Sounds like a Project M thing.
2- This leak seems incredibly, almost too detailed for it's own good, and as a result easy to kill.

The odd thing about that Sonic/Peach picture is it's not even a leaker, he was just a guy looking for information on what people considered good party games.
I think he already found an answer. Smash Bros. :chuckle:

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Actually, that Sonic Peach images was posted on NeoGAF by Serebii too, you get it from press. I think the 4chan guy just took it and used it to screw with people.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom