• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Actually at least two threads asking for Wii Fit Trainer, long before E3 were posted. But I mean, you can keep claiming her guess was omnipotence.
Don't...lie...to me.

One, neither thread brought up Wii Fit Trainer specifically, they mentioned "the female trainer from Wii Fit" and "a Wii Fit character," respectively. Two, neither of them was an E3 2013 reveal prediction, which is what I had asked for here. The fact that they were also four-post joke threads from 2008 on GameFAQs also leads me to believe they were about as utterly insignificant as you can get.

Thanks for playing!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Couldn't find it to be honest but if I remember clearly, he said no more Mario characters. He has an interview with Nintendo Power upon Brawl's release regarding character selection. He doesn't want that many characters from a given series. So, Having six Mario characters would be really far-fetched because, there are series that are quite popular with only one or two characters representing them. Like: Metroid, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem.

If I were to say what was reasonable or not, I'd say Kirby, Metroid, Kid Icarus and Zelda are all due for a new character. They'll probably add more LoZ or Pokemon characters to match the five character of the Mario IP.

Adding six Mario characters would be absurd. The leaks saying Ghirahim is a newcomer and/or Mewtwo is returning are more compelling.
6 Mario characters would not be absurd... we already had 6 Pokemon characters in Brawl.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
6 Mario characters does sound a little "absurd" but an interview from Brawl's release is EXTREMELY close to the "outdated" line as Sakurai has been known to change his mind time after time (remember when he said he didn't want any Animal Crossing characters?).
But, let's be serious here. Sakurai doesn't even make Mario games, if anyone is going to be given special treatment, it's going to be Kirby/Kid Icarus. That Palutena leak seems to be legitimate, maybe not the pictures but the addition of the character.

I'd just want to throw out there that the Kirby series doesn't have anymore characters that are notable enough to be playable characters. Kirby, Metaknight and DDD are the three main characters and everyone else is fairly far behind them.
Gooey, Prince Fluff or a real villain like Marx.

Horrifying.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
But, let's be serious here. Sakurai doesn't even make Mario games, if anyone is going to be given special treatment, it's going to be Kirby/Kid Icarus. That Palutena leak seems to be legitimate, maybe not the pictures but the addition of the character.

Horrifying.
well if you're believing "the palutena leak" then you're saying you DO think the picture is real. (i do too)

I mean i get what your saying, even if that picture is fake shes probably in the game. ( i also believe regardless of that picture she's probably in the game as well)

BUT if you're saying the palutena LEAK is likely...its likely because the leaked picture of her looks very convincing and is probably legit. There are no other palutena leaks that have an especially high level of credibility from predicting anything really, besides the picture leak. So if you think she's real BECAUSE of a leak, then you have to subscribe to the fact that the picture is probably real.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
What's your reasoning for this?

Where did Sakurai say that there won't be any more Mario newcomers after Rosalina?
Nintendo Power interview pretty much made it clear he was aware of there being too much Mario or Pokemon representation compared to others.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
well if you're believing "the palutena leak" then your saying you DO think the picture is real. (i do too)

I mean i get what your saying, even if that picture is fake shes probably in the game. ( i also believe regardless of that picture she's probably in the game as well)

BUT if you're saying the palutena LEAK is likely...its likely because the leaked picture of her looks very convincing and is probably legit. There are no other palutena leaks that have an especially high level of credibility from predicting anything really, besides the picture leak. So if you think she's real BECAUSE of a leak, then you have to subscribe to the fact that the picture is probably real.
Well, I was expecting either Medusa, Dark Pit (which is least likely cause he'd be a clone) or Hades to be playable because Sm4sh needs more villains. But, when I saw that leak, I thought that was equally as plausible.

EDIT: just found out Bowser and King Dedede are the only villains in Sm4sh so far. Not very evil because they have helped the protagonists before. #ridley4smash

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
6 Mario characters does sound a little "absurd" but an interview from Brawl's release is EXTREMELY close to the "outdated" line as Sakurai has been known to change his mind time after time (remember when he said he didn't want any Animal Crossing characters?).
We have the pillars, anyone one else is pretty much factually C-tier in the Mario franchise.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo Power interview pretty much made it clear he was aware of there being too much Mario or Pokemon representation compared to others.
So... he knows there are too much Mario or Pokemon representation compared to others... notice the word "representation"... so it doesn't apply only to characters, but to items, Assist Trophies, Pokeball Pokemon, and stages too.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

Horrifying.
It's almost like some of you are TRYING to disappoint yourselves.

So... he knows there are too much Mario or Pokemon representation compared to others... notice the word "representation"... so it doesn't apply only to characters, but to items, Assist Trophies, Pokeball Pokemon, and stages too.
"As far as choosing which characters, we had to really look at the series that would be represented in the game and create a balance that would make fans of all the series happy. We didn't want to have all Mario characters, all Pokemon characters..."

In this case it was about playable ones.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
It's almost like some of you are TRYING to disappoint yourselves.

"As far as choosing which characters, we had to really look at the series that would be represented in the game and create a balance that would make fans of all the series happy. We didn't want to have all Mario characters, all Pokemon characters..."

In this case it was about playable ones.
I'm not saying that it will most likely happen. If I had to take a wild shot in the dark with who is left to be revealed based on leaks, rumors and who has been revealed thus far:
Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Diddy, Meta Knight, Ness and Lucas will come back. (some people say Jiggly is dead but, she's part of the original 12 so I don't think she'll be gone any time soon)

And the newcomers to be revealed are: Ridley, Palutena, Pac Man, Chrom and Ghirahim (Ghirahim being the longest shot).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's a lotta talk about "safe rumours" but what characters make a "safe roster"?

I'm guessing the list for safe characters is

Ridley
King K. Rool or Dixie
Palutena
Takamaru
Pac-Man
Mewtwo
Mii
The lack of Snake

More borderline ones are

Isaac
Shulk
Krystal
Dillon
KingK. Rool AND Dixie
Fire Emblem Awakening character (Chrom, Lucina, Robin ect.)
The lack of ROB, Lucas, Ike and/or a Space Animal

What ones am I missing?

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I'm sure Ridley is playable this time ;)
Here you are
"Hello , I'm a friend of a person who works with Nintendo on SSB4 .
Some days ago he argued with someone and he was so angry that he told me some things about the game :
Palutena is playable
Little Mac is playable and the ring is his stage
Ridley is playable and a stage hazard in the Pyrosphere , but Masahiro wants to show before the hazard to troll the fans (he knows Ridley is popular)
King K Rool is not playable
Geno is not playable
Sami is an assist trophy
Primid is an assist trophy
Pokemon Stadium 3 is a new stage (fairy type is one of the five which appear)
Nintendo Land is a new stage
Miiverse is a new stage"
If true thats not bad, id be cool with it other than the trolling by sakurai

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
There's a lotta talk about "safe rumours" but what characters make a "safe roster"?

Ridley
King K. Rool or Dixie
Palutena
Takamaru
Pac-Man
Mewtwo
The lack of Snake

More borderline ones are
Isaac
Shulk
Krystal
Dillon
The lack of ROB or a Space Animal

What ones am I missing?
I'd honestly put Chrom in as a borderline character.

Gaxel

Smash Ace

Ridley
King K. Rool or Dixie
Palutena
Takamaru
Pac-Man
Mewtwo
The lack of Snake

More borderline ones are
Isaac
Shulk
Krystal
Dillon

What ones am I missing?
Takamaru is a leak within a leak, I'd put him as borderline.

lightdasher

Smash Lord

Ridley
King K. Rool or Dixie
Palutena
Takamaru
Pac-Man
Mewtwo
The lack of Snake

More borderline ones are
Isaac
Shulk
Krystal
Dillon

What ones am I missing?
I think you have Ridley & Pacman mixed up with Isaac and Shulk

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Ridley
King K. Rool or Dixie
Palutena
Takamaru
Pac-Man
Mewtwo
The lack of Snake

More borderline ones are
Isaac
Shulk
Krystal
Dillon

What ones am I missing?
Mii is likely.

even if the leaker is only adding it to jump on the Little-Pac-Mii rumor, it's a "safe" bet because of that...plus nintendo puts them in everything, AND them having things in the game shown already (stages,find mii boss etc...), AND sakurai saying "customization" will be in the game in some form...mii's could be that "customization".

Mii's are "safe" imo because of all this.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mind explaining?
Solid Snake is a third party character and among other things, the character himself has't been playable in ages (compared to his eyepatched old man), there's already two third parties on board and the series is more associated with Playstation. (And they're pissed they got stuck with Raiden in PSASBR) Personally I think he'll return but I won't be surprised if he's gone.

I'd honestly put Chrom in as a borderline character.
Good point, I'll add a general FE13 rep option to the list.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
We have the pillars, anyone one else is pretty much factually C-tier in the Mario franchise.
Yet I'd say Rosalina wasn't much different. She only established herself beyond the Galaxy series (where she easily could have stayed and been pretty much forgotten about with time) with Super Mario 3D World. Yet... There was another playable character in Super Mario 3D World. One that has been playable in many more titles than Rosalina, and was in the original four for Super Mario Bros. 2/USA.... Poor Toad. He's "C-Tier" but Rosalina isn't, huh? I do have to disagree.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Yet I'd say Rosalina wasn't much different. She only established herself beyond the Galaxy series (where she easily could have stayed and been pretty much forgotten about with time) with Super Mario 3D World. Yet... There was another playable character in Super Mario 3D World. One that has been playable in many more titles than Rosalina, and was in the original four for Super Mario Bros. 2/USA.... Poor Toad. He's "C-Tier" but Rosalina isn't, huh? I do have to disagree.
I believe that Rosalina single-handedly dashed every Toad and Bowser Jr's fans dreams.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Rosalina is S-tier.

She only appeared in a few games and is already far more interesting and memorable than Toad will ever dream to be.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Solid Snake is a third party character and among other things, the character himself has't been playable in ages (compared to his eyepatched old man),
:popo: :ness2::lucas::falcon:say hi.

there's already two third parties on board
So? Why can't we have three?

and the series is more associated with Playstation. (And they're pissed they got stuck with Raiden in PSASBR)
To be fair, it was Kojima's idea.
And Snake has more then just Solid. There is the original games.

andimidna

Smash Master
6 Mario characters would not be absurd... we already had 6 Pokemon characters in Brawl.
No... don't even pretend that's true... we all know there were 4.

Horrifying.
Or... y'know... Bandana Dee or Magolor? Or just the 3 in Brawl....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You guys are starting to get into roster talk rather than rumor/leak talk. If you wish to discuss safe rosters please take your discussion over to the Character thread.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru is a leak within a leak, I'd put him as borderline.
Unless you know of another retro (who Sakurai has said he will be doing his best to revive another) there really is no one else, Urban Champion is generic, Mach Rider would be cool but he's more forgotten than Takamaru and I think Captain Falcon pretty much is him in spirit. Takamaru is actually well remembered by hardcore Nintendo fanatics. He's usually ALWAYS included in anniversary Famicom collection things such as CD remixes and re-releases etc. He was also born in 1986 with Pit, Samus and Link. The last of the Four FDS siblings to be playable.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
You guys are starting to get into roster talk rather than rumor/leak talk. If you wish to discuss safe rosters please take your discussion over to the Character thread.
I assumed we were talking "safe" characters as in IF a fake leaker puts these characters in their "leak", it's because they are likely characters and therefore "safe" to fake a leak about and possibly get credibility from supposedly "leaking" the information.

honestly hate how many people feel the need to "fake" info but whatever the world is full of idiots looking for attention...just makes getting actual leaked information difficult and that's a bummer.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Unless you know of another retro (who Sakurai has said he will be doing his best to revive another) there really is no one else, Urban Champion is generic, Mach Rider would be cool but he's more forgotten than Takamaru and I think Captain Falcon pretty much is him in spirit. Takamaru is actually well remembered by hardcore Nintendo fanatics. He's usually ALWAYS included in anniversary Famicom collection things such as CD remixes and re-releases etc. He was also born in 1986 with Pit, Samus and Link. The last of the Four FDS siblings to be playable.
There is Muddy Mole..

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Question guys. There's no doubt that some rumours are dead because Little Mac was shown, but how many just missed when a character was revealed and is dead because of that..? I know Salromano is one..

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Based on the leaks and what is already revealed, I see a 39 character roster like this:

I think Pac Man will be revealed last at e3 as well as Ridley to go with a new Metroid game.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
To be fair Sakurai does count transformations as seperate characters. Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charizard are all counted seperate by Sakurai
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/4964/sakurai-cut-characters-from-smash-bros/
Character representation is measured in slots to make series equal.
-4 Mario characters
-5 Zelda characters
-6 Pokemon characters
makes no sense. He just had to work on 39... It's not surprising he'd refer to them that way. But to argue a 6th Mario character because of Pokemon trainer is just ********....

So now to relate this to rumors/leaks... any with a 6th Mario character I doubt. And any with a character cut I doubt.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Gah, I hate how NES/Famicom is apparently the only "retro" system. It's 2014, SNES, 64, Game Boy, and Game Boy Color also qualify. That means Lip, Prince Sable, Muddy Mole, and a ton of other characters can work.

andimidna

Smash Master
Based on the leaks and what is already revealed, I see a 39 character roster like this:

I think Pac Man will be revealed last as well as Ridley to go with a new Metroid game.
Don't cut any characters. Especially Ike for a blank spot. Chrom has not achieved what Ike has... and there will definitely be 3 FE reps at least.:ike:

Did you cut every single retro character? We have 40 characters already... Why cut:popo::rob::gw:?

And why the hell don't you have YOSHI?!:yoshi2:

You even cut :wolf::pt::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle::sheik::snake:????

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Don't cut any characters. Especially Ike for a blank spot. Chrom has not achieved what Ike has... and there will definitely be 3 FE reps at least.
I see Ike being cut as Roy did. Also, please elaborate on achieved?
Don't cut any characters. Especially Ike for a blank spot. Chrom has not achieved what Ike has... and there will definitely be 3 FE reps at least.

Did you cut every single retro character? We have 40 characters already... Why cut:popo::rob::gw:?

You even cut :wolf::pt::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle::sheik:???
I completely forgot Yoshi, Ice Climbers and Mr GW.

Zelda/Sheik, would be kept the same. Wolf, Ike and ROB I don't see coming back.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Don't cut any characters. Especially Ike for a blank spot. Chrom has not achieved what Ike has... and there will definitely be 3 FE reps at least.:ike:

You even cut :wolf::pt::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle::sheik::snake:????
I can't believe I didn't notice Yoshi being gone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom