• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the roster needs ridley and k rool to be complete imo and I am worried that sakurai will pass over then once again

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
64 introduced 12, Melee introduced 14, Brawl introduced 18. Does that mean SM4SH will introduce 26 (Multiplication skills GO!)? :cool:
Yeah but half of the newcomers will be Toon versions of existing characters riding Landmasters. And they'll all count as FE characters. ;)

the roster needs ridley and k rool to be complete imo and I am worried that sakurai will pass over then once again
Y'know, sadly I think this could be a real possibility. And if Ridley doesn't get in this time, I'd say that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for him (unless someone new helms Smash in the future), however K. Rool still might have a shot later if he actually starts to make appearances again.

D

Deleted member

We sure have went on an off-topic tangent here. Then again, this is Smashboards and we sure do love our speculation.

I still think that at least ten newcomers are a sure bet for this game (veterans included). I think we will hit anywhere from ten to fifteen newcomers when all is said and done.

That said, it wouldn't take more than ten newcomers to satisfy 95% of the Smash community. We already got Mega Man in Smash, which leaves us with three heavy hitters in Mewtwo, King K. Rool and Ridley. I am expecting all of these characters to be added, which gives us six newcomers left. Then fill out the other four with a retro rep (Takamaru/Mach Rider), a Fire Emblem character (Roy/unique Chrom), Little Mac and Palutena and you have the perfect SSB 3DS & Wii U roster under fifty characters.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, sadly I think this could be a real possibility. And if Ridley doesn't get in this time, I'd say that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for him (unless someone new helms Smash in the future), however K. Rool still might have a shot later if he actually starts to make appearances again.
I agree with what I bolded. I find this to be Ridley's last chance.

As for King K. Rool, I think that he has very decent chances since people worldwide want him. If he can't be added in SSB4 and Dixie Kong is added in SSB4, then he would be one of the biggest shoo-ins for SSB5.

As for 10 newcomers, I'm satisfied with having Mewtwo, Little Mac, and King K. Rool getting added. I would LOVE to see Bowser Jr. and Bandana Dee however… and I wish my dream for Bomberman getting added came true. :(

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the only way I be happy with 10 newcomers is if ridley, mewtwo, and krool where in. the only newcomer that I really like now is megaman the other 2 seems to just be generic avatar characters and if we get the mii then that just another avy character to take up space :(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As for King K. Rool, I think that he has very decent chances since people worldwide want him. If he can't be added in SSB4 and Dixie Kong is added in SSB4, then he would be one of the biggest shoo-ins for SSB5.
Sure, he still has a chance this time, but if he hypothetically didn't make it, by SSB5, if he hasn't made any more appearances, I'd say Cranky would probably be the popular pick (assuming Dixie gets in this time).

TF has opened quite a door for him, chances are he will be embraced more than K. Rool in notable roles from here on out. That's my prediction at least.

We sure have went on an off-topic tangent here.
This is true.

D

Deleted member

Sure, he still has a chance this time, but if he hypothetically didn't make it, by SSB5, if he hasn't made any more appearances, I'd say Cranky would probably be the popular pick (assuming Dixie gets in this time).

TF has opened quite a door for him, chances are he will be embraced more than K. Rool in notable roles from here on out. That's my prediction at least.
I am going to be positive and hope for the best with King K. Rool. Even when Cranky Kong has a door open for him thanks to Tropical Freeze, I doubt that Cranky Kong will usurp King K. Rool as a more wanted DK character in Smash 5 (assuming Dixie Kong gets in). As for roles, I am hopeful that he will be the main villain in DKCR 3 since Retro is aware of his popularity (they did reply with "no crocodiles" in some interviews, thus showing that they acknowledge the Kremlings) and a lot of people want to see him return. That is what I believe.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
64 introduced 12, Melee introduced 14, Brawl introduced 18. Does that mean SM4SH will introduce 26 (Multiplication skills GO!)? :cool:
Oh no no no no no the 3ds completly ruins that it made limitations

Athough i am praying that sakurai waits long enough to be wrong about cuts

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
You can only expand the roster so much. Sooner or later Sakurai will stop adding so many characters, and it'll inevitably start with Smash 4. How about Smash 5 (or if you're fancy and say the 3DS version is Smash 5, Smash 6)? How many newcomers will he add there. Surely he won't continue until the Roster exceeds 60?

All I'm saying it'll eventually come to a point where it will become like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat with the usual iconic fighters. Maybe 2-4 newcomers at that point to represent the newer generations of games, but even then do you think they'll have such a large roster. Who knows if he'll try for a 30 character roster at one, or eventually totally redo every characters moveset.

Morbi

Scavenger
You can only expand the roster so much. Sooner or later Sakurai will stop adding so many characters, and it'll inevitably start with Smash 4. How about Smash 5 (or if you're fancy and say the 3DS version is Smash 5, Smash 6)? How many newcomers will he add there. Surely he won't continue until the Roster exceeds 60?

All I'm saying it'll eventually come to a point where it will become like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat with the usual iconic fighters. Maybe 2-4 newcomers at that point to represent the newer generations of games, but even then do you think they'll have such a large roster. Who knows if he'll try for a 30 character roster at one, or eventually totally redo every characters moveset.
Mortal Kombat tends to alternate rosters between games from my experience. With MK9, they just recently went back to the MK3 roster (which wasn't a focus of DA or Deception. MK10 will most likely be based on Mortal Kombat 4 or Deadly Alliance (possibly a synthesis).

So I doubt Smash would use that method. As you stated, for Smash X he will most likely have to cut characters if he intends on adding new ones.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh no no no no no the 3ds completly ruins that it made limitations

Athough i am praying that sakurai waits long enough to be wrong about cuts
All I'm saying is the 3DS has games like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening, three zelda games, an Animal Crossing game with a bizarre amount of content to it... 3DS' limitations are pretty trivial I'd imagine.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
All I'm saying is the 3DS has games like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening, three zelda games, an Animal Crossing game with a bizarre amount of content to it... 3DS' limitations are pretty trivial I'd imagine.

I thought he was being sarcastic myself.

Morbi

Scavenger
In comparison to the Wii U? The limitations are negligible for the most part, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. In my personal opinion, the 3DS version will attenuate what could have been done with the Wii U version. In regards to the overt, Olimar was already presumably nerfed to the ground. We need to wait and see if Ice Climbers are okay.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
In terms of power it's comparable (a little lower) than the Wii, and it could fit the entirety of Brawl on one of its cartridges. 3DS limitations are basically a non-issue.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
In comparison to the Wii U? The limitations are negligible for the most part, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. In my personal opinion, the 3DS version will attenuate what could have been done with the Wii U version. In regards to the overt, Olimar was already presumably nerfed to the ground. We need to wait and see if Ice Climbers are okay.

I presume with Olimar you are talking about the fact that only 3 Pikmin are shown in the pics with him? I wouldn't jump to conclusions on that yet, it is still likely Sakurai, for whatever reason, is just showing 3 when Olimar actually has the ability to have more.

Morbi

Scavenger
3DS pics never look good, You have to wait and see the game with your own eyes to really judge the graphics when it comes to the 3DS version.
Yes, I am reserving my judgement for the most part. However, I still retain a disdain as I wanted Smash 4 to be the best Smash to date. I honestly feel as though the 3DS will impede this notion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I presume with Olimar you are talking about the fact that only 3 Pikmin are shown in the pics with him? I wouldn't jump to conclusions on that yet, it is still likely Sakurai, for whatever reason, is just showing 3 when Olimar actually has the ability to have more.
I think that 3 Pikmin instead of 6 would be a very reasonable nerf, and it certainly seems like a likely option.
Olimar was nearly top tier after all. He needs a nerf as much as Ice Climbers (but a little less than Meta Knight).

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think that 3 Pikmin instead of 6 would be a very reasonable nerf, and it certainly seems like a likely option.
Olimar was nearly top tier after all. He needs a nerf as much as Ice Climbers (but a little less than Meta Knight).

3 Pikmin is not the way to go about it. Olimar isn't even top tier because he has 5 Pikmin, Olimar is 3rd on the spot because of how well he does against MK, if it weren't for that he wouldn't be so high up on the tier list to begin with. He also isn't top tier because of 5 Pikmin, it is because of the insane damage he can rack-up along with his great KO power. If you really want to nerf him without killing him nerf his KO power se he can't kill at like 90%. However limiting him to 3 Pikmin is unnecessary and makes him much less appealing.

Morbi

Scavenger
Or we could cut someone who doesn't add a very unique moveset to the roster, like Falco. :p

Anyway, 12 newcomers is plenty if they get used well. More than plenty even. But I guess we'll see what happens.
They could always impute Wolf's move-set to Falco if they were feeling frisky. Taunts and all.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I thought that the idea was fascinating. We can keep Falco for everyone who likes him over Wolf (for whatever reason... Melee)... but we have Wolf's fun move-set.
Because Falco has claws. And howls. And wants people touching his bread.
I don't think so. The idea is interesting, but way too different to work. I'd rather keep the three, they complete the series in the best way possible.

Morbi

Scavenger
Because Falco has claws. And howls. And wants people touching his bread.
I don't think so. The idea is interesting, but way too different to work. I'd rather keep the three, they complete the series in the best way possible.
I would too, but if one had to be cut we should retain everything unique about Wolf. However, Sakurai will obviously think that Falco is more important, so we would have no choice! Wolf-Falco is a great idea. Better than Sonic the Werehog.

(btw, the whole thing is a joke, I do not really think this... well actually now I kind of want it).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bad things will happen if either Falco or Wolf are cut....

In all seriousness, they're both pretty safe, and there is no good reason for either of them to be cut.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Unless Sakurai wants to have more newcomers while keeping the roster number nearly the same as Brawl's, therefore removing a few characters from veteran series to an appropriate character number Sakurai can agree on. (Starfox should've only had two characters if i had to be honest)

D

Deleted member

I think that Sakurai should cut some characters on the roster, but I don't think that he should cut Falco or Wolf and I think that they should both stay. Despite Wolf being a last minute addition, I think that he's safe.

Morbi

Scavenger
Unless Sakurai wants to have more newcomers while keeping the roster number nearly the same as Brawl's, therefore removing a few characters from veteran series to an appropriate character number Sakurai can agree on. (Starfox should've only had two characters if i had to be honest)
This is true, Star Fox should have only had two. Wolf and Fox; however, Sakurai's negligence allowed Falco to slip through the cracks. It is irrelevant now, I do not think either will be cut, I do think one SHOULD be cut though. I would hate to see a unique character go ahead of Falco/Wolf.

It is hard for me to discredit Wolf as his play-style conceived an entirely new fan-base. He is one of the more unique characters in the game. Falco is not; he isn't necessarily a clone anymore though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wolf >>>>>>>>> Falco

I hate the idea of giving Wolf's moveset to Falco. It's bad enough that Falco had to copy Fox's moveset but I'm outraged that some people want to cut Wolf and give his moveset to Falco to justify keeping Falco and cutting Wolf. Either Falco gets his own moveset or he can GTFO.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Falco experienced more move changes between Melee and Brawl than SSB4 Bowser has (that we know of). He's also never been considered to be cut, despite constant complaints since before Brawl that he should be. He's not going anywhere.

Back on topic, I totally regret posting that Jumpman leak here now. It's going to be a while before we stop hearing about how great a choice Jumpman is, and how he's definitely getting in because of that.

majora_787

Smash Hero
As off topic as it is, Wolf, the last minute addition, was given a unique moveset. The character who was put in the game while they had plenty of time to make him unique, however, is the second closest thing to a complete clone in Brawl.

Hopefully though Sakurai trying to fit everyone in SSB4 is going well and we won't have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom