• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not completely as he could be talking about PortraitofRuin (NyaseNya isn't an option), but it completely knocks out one of his two candidates. Plus, he was very vague about who he was referring to which doesn't do him any favors as he could be trying to spread out the potential sources he could have by relying on two different leakers who had disappeared beforehand.
I see. Sorry to ask, but who is this PortraitofRuin and what things did he claim to state?

@chaos_zero - So I take that your friend is not working on the new Smash Bros game?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Why is everybody assuming that the Chaos_Zero guy on here is the real one? Not saying he isn't, but anybody can claim to be him.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Why is everybody assuming that the Chaos_Zero guy on here is the real one? Not saying he isn't, but anybody can claim to be him.
I guess the realist in you is poking the bread.
I guess most of us choose to believe this reality for a few reason: He's been a member since, what, 2007? Also, we have almost nothing to go off of. He's our best bet that he is the real chaos.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I guess the realist in you is poking the bread.
I guess most of us choose to believe this reality for a few reason: He's been a member since, what, 2007? Also, we have almost nothing to go off of. He's our best bet that he is the real chaos.
He said he doesn't have any information on this game. If anything, he's a normal user like you and me.

Last edited:

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Because he made that account on December 29th, 2007, the day after the Dragoon update on the DOJO and during the time when people began to realize that he posted about that same update in his leak on GameFAQs a few months prior.

Also, if you check his post history on this site, he was posting during the pre-Brawl mania. Plus, I was here during that time as well, and I can confirm that's legitimately his account.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I see. Sorry to ask, but who is this PortraitofRuin and what things did he claim to state?

@chaos_zero - So I take that your friend is not working on the new Smash Bros game?
The least she did was reveal the 35 character count (can't remember if she listed the characters themselves) and the stages. The mods and FAQers burned her at the stake.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Because he made that account on December 29th, 2007, the day after the Dragoon update on the DOJO and during the time when people began to realize that he posted about that same update in his leak on GameFAQs a few months prior.

Also, if you check his post history on this site, he was posting during the pre-Brawl mania. Plus, I was here during that time as well, and I can confirm that's legitimately his account.
Cool, makes sense! I wasn't really paying that much attention I guess, I thought he was a new user claiming to be him, and people were just eating it up lol. More believable since he's been here since 2007.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Bit confused here.
Who is Yusuke again?
He's the user on GameFAQs that created the "ChaosZero" rumor, right?
He's an ancient user on GameFAQs who said that he got info from either ChaosZero or PortraitofRuin. We know now that it's not ChaosZero, the only other person is PoR, and she AIN'T comin' back to GameFAQs.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's his account from the old Brawl-era leak threads. He posted the same message here and on GameFAQs.

Also, there wouldn't even be any reason for someone to pretend to be him, considering he doesn't have inside info this time around.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The least she did was reveal the 35 character count (can't remember if she listed the characters themselves) and the stages. The mods and FAQers burned her at the stake.
Keep in mind that was during the time that people we incredibly optimistic over having a massive roster. Like, we're talking people actually expecting over 60 characters on the roster.

Ironically, it's now sort of the opposite, where people are now expecting a smaller roster due to misconceptions.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Keep in mind that was during the time that people we incredibly optimistic over having a massive roster. Like, we're talking people actually expecting over 60 characters on the roster.

Ironically, it's now sort of the opposite, where people are now expecting a smaller roster due to misconceptions.
I don't know, a lot of people are expecting a 50-character roster.
Between 40-45 is more likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was still less than 40.

EDIT: This is way off topic.

Last edited:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Well, if this "Year of Yoshi" Nintendo Direct is true, strange as it sounds, it WOULD go a long way to prove that TSSZ leak that has been brought up a good couple times by myself and Muster and a few other people. Not only because of the whole "Year of Yoshi" (it was mentioned via TSSZ) but also Takamaru. I find it just a tad strange that such a Direct would cut straight from a Yoshi Smash Bros trailer to a 3D Classics Nazo no Murasame-Jo without any kind of reason at all. Perhaps Takamaru is being included in the Yoshi trailer somehow?

"Year of Yoshi" would fuel the TSSZ talk ALOT, and if Takamaru is thrown into the mix as well... well... despite how some people feel about that leak... we may have to give it a second look... again.
Which leak are you talking about here? I'd like to give it a look.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Amist the excitement, I've been looking for leaks and found this:
http://www.nintendoforums.com/topic/780-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds/#entry4303
Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I am Mjardo and I think I have some information regarding the new Super Smash Bros. game. I've personally gotten to know someone who claims to work for Sora Ltd. He's not someone who would kid or joke around, he's very serious and calm. I've been egging him for a while and looking to find out any information I can about the Super Smash Bros. series since it is my favorite series. Well, earlier today, he came clean with some information.

He said there are at least two retro newcomers, but he would specify one of them. Saburé Prince from a Japanese only game. He said one of the retro newcomers would be revived in a new game ala Kid Icarus: Uprising, and he claims to know because their design is based around the reboot. He also mentioned Dixie Kong. Really surprising, huh? He says she uses her hair in some attacks. The other newcomer I could get out of him was a Pokémon "trainer-like" character that uses a fairy Pokémon and two others, one he is pretty sure is Ice. Apparently there is a Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze stage, too. Oh! Last thing he would tell me was that Lucas is back, which was fine, I guess? It's kind of a random veteran to confirm, because neither of us to my knowledge likes Lucas and I didn't thing he would be cut. Take what you will with that.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unfortunately while this @chaos_zero most likely is telling the truth, until there's actual evidence that directly confirms he is the original ChaosZero, I'm going to be leaving the new "ChaosZero" leak in the live leak section, as it can't properly be classified as deconfirmed.

I will update the one in the OP with this new information though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Unfortunately while this @chaos_zero most likely is telling the truth, until there's actual evidence that directly confirms he is the original ChaosZero, I'm going to be leaving the new "ChaosZero" leak in the live leak section, as it can't properly be classified as deconfirmed.

This is my post from above:

"Because he made that account on December 29th, 2007, the day after the Dragoon update on the DOJO and during the time when people began to realize that he posted about that same update in his leak on GameFAQs a few months prior.

Also, if you check his post history on this site, he was posting during the pre-Brawl mania. Plus, I was here during that time as well, and I can confirm that's legitimately his account."

There should still be some leftover pre-Brawl topics from January-February of 2008 when the leaks started popping up and we were getting visual proof. Trust me, this is him. He even got his account back on GameFAQs just now and has confirmed it to be him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My god, you gave me a heart attack with the Sabure Prince. :eek:
I hope this is true. O_O (For my sake please)
Slowly getting on the hype train.
I'm going to keep a sharp eye on this leak.
I wouldn't get your expectations high. With the massive amount of "leaks" around, it's hard to get any credibility for them anymore.

Besides, information is only likely to be leaked when the game is close to its release date, as happened with the ChaosZero leak not long before Brawl's release.

Games are often complete several weeks before the game is actually release, which makes sense, considering they have to produce many copies to be ready for the release date.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I wouldn't get your expectations high. With the massive amount of "leaks" around, it's hard to get any credibility for them anymore.

Besides, information is only likely to be leaked when the game is close to its release date, as happened with the ChaosZero leak not long before Brawl's release.

Games are often complete several weeks before the game is actually release, which makes sense, considering they have to produce many copies to be ready for the release date.
I know, I'm taking this with a grain of salt. But no one ever puts the prince in leaks, which is why it got me real hyped. :p

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is my post from above:

"Because he made that account on December 29th, 2007, the day after the Dragoon update on the DOJO and during the time when people began to realize that he posted about that same update in his leak on GameFAQs a few months prior.

Also, if you check his post history on this site, he was posting during the pre-Brawl mania. Plus, I was here during that time as well, and I can confirm that's legitimately his account."

There should still be some leftover pre-Brawl topics from January-February of 2008 when the leaks started popping up and we were getting visual proof. Trust me, this is him. He even got his account back on GameFAQs just now and has confirmed it to be him.
Could you link me to his confirmation on GameFAQs?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

the chaoszero you linked is the real one, plus if you check his post history he said that he made no statements on the game because he has no idea either

hope this helps, ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom