• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
GUYS! BIG NEWS!

ChaosZero has responded to me.

Me: "Hello, I am a user on SmashBoards, where you infrequently posted prior to Brawl's release, particularly regarding your correct Dragoon leak. Rereading over a link to an old thread that was posted today in our current 'leaks' thread (how I found this profile, actually), my disgust and shame regarding how the community as a whole treated you around then was renewed. I've been helping to sustain the 'leaks' thread over there for a little while now, and it's treatment like that that has led me to do so. Whenever the narrow-mindedness of "I don't like this leak, so it's false" or the delusion of "all leaks are false until proven true" pops up, I try to shut it and the users responsible down immediately, so what happened to you, doesn't happen to other potentially honest individuals.

Anyhow, for the past couple of weeks, there have been allegations in the thread that you have disconfirmed Ridley and K. Rool as newcomers to a friend on GameFAQs, as detailed here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68373377). Considering I am only interested in the new Smash titles if one or both of those two characters are newcomers, I'm highly invested in finding out whether or not you were the one to share this information, as well as whether or not it is legitimate, which Yusuke left unclear in that topic. Unlike the vast majority of other users, I don't give a damn about any other information you might know, and won't be fruitlessly pestering you to share it with me or others who will cry false anyway. I don't plan on even sharing your response, if any, to my plea here. I just would really, really appreciate closure on this matter, so that, if the worst case scenario is true, I'm not stuck clinging to false hope that maybe this wasn't you or maybe you were pulling Yusuke's leg, and can deal with my geek heartbreak and move on from Smashboards before the storm hits. Thank you so much for your time."

ChaosZero: "whoa. weird. thanks for reaching out... it definitely wasn't me, and you can quote me on that. I can help you however you need to. Even made a post on gamefaqs about it"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
GUYS! BIG NEWS!

Me: "Hello, I am a user on SmashBoards, where you infrequently posted prior to Brawl's release, particularly regarding your correct Dragoon leak. Rereading over a link to an old thread that was posted today in our current 'leaks' thread (how I found this profile, actually), my disgust and shame regarding how the community as a whole treated you around then was renewed. I've been helping to sustain the 'leaks' thread over there for a little while now, and it's treatment like that that has led me to do so. Whenever the narrow-mindedness of "I don't like this leak, so it's false" or the delusion of "all leaks are false until proven true" pops up, I try to shut it and the users responsible down immediately, so what happened to you, doesn't happen to other potentially honest individuals.

Anyhow, for the past couple of weeks, there have been allegations in the thread that you have disconfirmed Ridley and K. Rool as newcomers to a friend on GameFAQs, as detailed here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68373377). Considering I am only interested in the new Smash titles if one or both of those two characters are newcomers, I'm highly invested in finding out whether or not you were the one to share this information, as well as whether or not it is legitimate, which Yusuke left unclear in that topic. Unlike the vast majority of other users, I don't give a damn about any other information you might know, and won't be fruitlessly pestering you to share it with me or others who will cry false anyway. I don't plan on even sharing your response, if any, to my plea here. I just would really, really appreciate closure on this matter, so that, if the worst case scenario is true, I'm not stuck clinging to false hope that maybe this wasn't you or maybe you were pulling Yusuke's leg, and can deal with my geek heartbreak and move on from Smashboards before the storm hits. Thank you so much for your time."

ChaosZero: "whoa. weird. thanks for reaching out... it definitely wasn't me, and you can quote me on that. I can help you however you need to. Even made a post on gamefaqs about it"

WHAT IS REAL ANYMORE?!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
IIRC, the new "leaker" didn't mention Chaos Zero by name, just heavily implied it was him he knew and got info from... didn't he?

Anywho, I guess this time we'll just have to wait for a new leaker to rise... :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
GUYS! BIG NEWS!

It definitely happened after. Is there some way I can reclaim my account? It shows up as inactive.
Are these the same people.

chaos_zero

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0222-2373-0059
Yes. That's me. Again - like I said: I have made no statements regarding any characters or leaks in Smash Bros U. Can't wait for the game though!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Whoa. Big development today.

Thanks ChaosZero for clearing up any misregards in terms of people using your name to spread their ''leaks."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So yeah, while this doesn't 100% disconfirm what that Yusuke leak says, it's pretty close to dead now based on deductive reasoning. Yusuke claimed to have information from a guy who leaked correctly to GameFAQs specifically for Brawl. ChaosZero was the only guy to meet this criteria.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
From the Yosuke topic - "I was intentionally leaving the username out, there were multiple leakers that were proven right. Chaos_Zer0 and PortraitofRuin come to mind in terms of Smash and other game leaks, I don't know if NyaseNya ever posted on Gamefaqs, but I know she leaked info on the Smashboards. All 3 of these people were pretty much treated like crap by mods, posters, or both on both sites. "

I do remember PotraitofRuin, could he be referring to that guy? I actually DON'T remember ChoasZero. I just know he became infamous after the game had been released and stuff.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Thanks for your help in my search bkuppa666 It was appreciated, also chaos zero where you the same chaos zero I was talking to on raptr?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
So yeah, while this doesn't 100% disconfirm what that Yusuke leak says, it's pretty close to dead now based on deductive reasoning. Yusuke claimed to have information from a guy who leaked correctly to GameFAQs specifically for Brawl. ChaosZero was the only guy to meet this criteria.
So some random asshole claimed a leaker gave him the information, with no evidence whatsoever, and you guys believed him?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I know I'm backtracking, but I've been thinking for a few months that Yoshi has been revamped to include Baby Mario. I know it seems silly that Sakurai would change an already original character, but I think it'd work. Yoshi represents the Yoshi series, not the Mario games. In most of the games, Yoshi has Baby Mario on his back and works as a team. I think it'd be a great way to mix things up.

Year of Yoshi sounds plausible - that 4chan post is probably fake. If a direct is announced for Thursday, I'll loose my **** because I love the Paper Mario games (as long as it's more like the first two).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So some random ******* claimed a leaker gave him the information, with no evidence whatsoever, and you guys believed him?
Not believed, but paid closer attention to, because the guy was an old 2005 user claiming to have correct information from a correct past leaker. He also disconfirmed the most popular two remaining newcomers, rather than Q&A bull**** or intimate details about the entire final roster and Sakurai's thoughts. Here, we checked with the one guy it could be, he disconfirmed it. Simple enough.

EDIT: We can try and find PortraitofRuin as well, but she was on NeoGAF, not GameFAQs.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
As I just posted, he might be referring to PortraitofRuin, who I can recall did leak some info and was treated like crap. THAT was the topic I remember, it was that topic that put fear in my heart for Brawl's roster. I remember that damn username like yesterday.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
As I just posted, he might be referring to PortraitofRuin, who I can recall did leak some info and was treated like crap. THAT was the topic I remember, it was that topic that put fear in my heart for Brawl's roster. I remember that damn username like yesterday.
If I remember that story (And I may well might not remember it well) wasn't it that PortraitofRuin knew the UK Dojo translator and leaked some stuff regarding stickers and how they power up characters in Subspace Emissary and was then told to stop leaking by the very person he got it from? I kinda remember that for some reason.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
No leaks ever have evidence though, until the time comes, that is.
Yeah, but anyone can simply say someone "gave them information." If they wanted people to actually believe them (implying that it was ever real), then they should have some form of evidence that they were truthfully in contact with that leaker.

I could sit here right now and give you a fake leak, while claiming to have been in contact with a "known leaker."

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
If I remember that story (And I may well might not remember it well) wasn't it that PortraitofRuin knew the UK Dojo translator and leaked some stuff regarding stickers and how they power up characters in Subspace Emissary and was then told to stop leaking by the very person he got it from? I kinda remember that for some reason.
No, she gave the crappy 35 character count reveal. She got burned to hell for revealing that.

D

Deleted member

Since information leaks never have legit evidence that the leaker is in contact with someone else, then we just assume everything is false?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Still looking around for information on PortraitofRuin, but if she's a 'she,' it's not her; Yusuke mentioned a 'he'.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
From what I remember, PortraitoRuin also had the personally to "never come back to GameFAQs again". ChaosZero seems pretty chill, and from what I saw it doesn't look like his experience was as bad as hers was. I remember they really got on her. She basically was the crusher of dreams. ChaosZero just said clones returned. I really do remember him now actually. I saw his leak, saw nothing of significance that I cared for read over the Dragoon speculation and moved on.

Still looking around for information on PortraitofRuin, but if she's a 'she,' it's not her; Yusuke mentioned a 'he.'
I may be wrong about the gender. I know at least one of the leakers who revealed stuff was a girl.

Last edited:

chaos_zero

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0222-2373-0059
Ah it was pretty bad experience - but it was really fun and unique at the same time. And I got to stick it to the crappy GameFAQs mods.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Actually I think PoR is a girl. But I looked at Yosuke's topic and he does not use "he or she" he uses "they" to refer to the leaker. She's apparently leaked things for Casltevania and other games I'm too lazy to memorize during my reserach.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So I guess Yusuke's leak is debunked?
Not completely as he could be talking about PortraitofRuin (NyaseNya isn't an option), but it completely knocks out one of his two candidates. Plus, he was very vague about who he was referring to which doesn't do him any favors as he could be trying to spread out the potential sources he could have by relying on two different leakers who had disappeared beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom