• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So basically to sum up whats happened (because I haven't been around and would like some clarity) the ChaosZero leak that was really vague really wasn't ChaosZero because he just came out and said it wasn't him right?

Dan

Smash Lord
So basically to sum up whats happened (because I haven't been around and would like some clarity) the ChaosZero leak that was really vague really wasn't ChaosZero because he just came out and said it wasn't him right?
Close. The person responsible for the ChaosZero leak (not Chaos himself) claimed to have gotten the info from ChaosZero (or in his words, an ex-Brawl leaker; ChaosZero is the only person who qualifies for that), which ChaosZero himself deconfirmed today.

Let's add one more ChaosZero for good measure.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately while this @chaos_zero most likely is telling the truth, until there's actual evidence that directly confirms he is the original ChaosZero, I'm going to be leaving the new "ChaosZero" leak in the live leak section, as it can't properly be classified as deconfirmed.

I will update the one in the OP with this new information though.

Change it to PortraitofRuin leak she fits the description better and had more drama with her leak. She flipped out because the mods and SmashFAQ tormented her.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well hi then ChaosZero, Zoroarkrules25 here. It's nice to finally meet you after hearing of your great leaks. I hope you come and chat here more often, it would be fun to have you around. Anyway back to the leaks. I have no clue who sabure prince is but the rest of it sounds possible. I am doubting the pokemon trainer part though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well hi then ChaosZero, Zoroarkrules25 here. It's nice to finally meet you after hearing of your great leaks. I hope you come and chat here more often, it would be fun to have you around. Anyway back to the leaks. I have no clue who sabure prince is but the rest of it sounds possible. I am doubting the pokemon trainer part though.
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/For_the_Frog_the_Bell_Tolls
It's a great game to play if you know how to play with ROMs. :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

What did PortraitofRuin leak exactly?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
So...

What did PortraitofRuin leak exactly?
She was actually the more famous leaker in terms of drama. The reason Chaos is brought up more frequently is because of the Dragoon prophecy. She revealed the 35 character roster and 41 stage count. People flamed her because they wanted 50 plus characters and Ridley. The mods also got a hold of her, she flipped out. I'm pretty sure she is never coming back to GameFaqs ever again. Her topic is gone and the only other mention of her on GameFAQs is an old 3 reply topic asking what happened to her sometime in 2008.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Change it to PortraitofRuin leak she fits the description better and had more drama with her leak. She flipped out because the mods and SmashFAQ tormented her.
I heard you the first time.

Why would I change a leak that's now been deconfirmed to a Brawl-era leak? That's not even relevant anymore. This is the SSB4 Rumor/Leak thread.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Which leak are you talking about here? I'd like to give it a look.

That'd be this one: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

It's actually become a bit of a touchy subject on this thread, since it didn't turn out 100% true (I'd like to believe it's due to changes in plan. Look how quickly Tropical Freeze and Watch Dogs became 2014 titles. Plans change, and change quickly), but a good few of the things, especially the Japanese eShop Daigasso Band Brothers 3DS game, have indeed been predicted through this. And like I said, if this Nintendo Direct and the whole "Year of Yoshi" thing turns out to be true... then that'll be another thing this supposed leak predicted. I'm personally keeping an eye on this one. Predicting something like a Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers in addition to a good few other things is a bit too specific of a thing to predict without some kind of inside knowledge.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I heard you the first time.

Why would I change a leak that's now been deconfirmed to a Brawl-era leak? That's not even relevant anymore. This is the SSB4 Rumor/Leak thread.
Sorry, my computer saves my last reply sometimes.

Yosuke didn't reveal who it was who gave him the info, everyone assumed it was ChoasZero, but now that I remember he said PortraitofRuin, everything makes more sense. I don't remember ChaosZero getting as much guff from the community as she did, it was just the mods, so I thought it was weird how he made mention of how bad the person was treated and everyone thought ChaosZero, but it does fit PoR. She also made a big deal about how she was treated by everyone. Several other GameFAQers can confirm she was treated much worse by the community.

She also has leaked several Castlevania games, the entire plot of Portrait of Ruin among other things. Assuming she isn't trolling for revenge, I think it's Pre-Brawl all over again.

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
It seems that the second best tactic for making people believe your leak (after using Japanese text of course) is to try and act nonchalant and unenthusiastic about the character you're leaking. i.e. "I don't know who character X even is so I found it weird that they're being added".

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sorry, my computer saves my last reply sometimes.

Yosuke didn't reveal who it was who gave him the info, everyone assumed it was ChoasZero, but now that I remember he said PortraitofRuin, everything makes more sense. I don't remember ChaosZero getting as much guff from the community as she did, it was just the mods, so I thought it was weird how he made mention of how bad the person was treated and everyone thought ChaosZero, but it does fit PoR. She also made a big deal about how she was treated by everyone. Several other GameFAQers can confirm she was treated much worse by the community.
To follow up on this, do you know how she came to have that information? Like did she get it from a playtester or worked personally with Nintendo?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
To follow up on this, do you know how she came to have that information? Like did she get it from a playtester or worked personally with Nintendo?
I'm not sure, I can post several mentions of her I dug up. But it's mostly topics around the net complaining about the possibility of no Ridley and "WTF ROB!!!!??" I have no idea why people don't remember her though, she had the better leak (no offense to ChaosZero, he seems pretty cool). I remember her topic now that I saw her name when I looked at Yosuke's topic. If he is indeed referencing her, people should probably legitimately start worrying.

Topic dedicated to her
http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php...rtraitofruin-had-leaked-out-is-probably-true/

Luigi Dude mentions her
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=23622.65;wap2

GameFAQ post release "What happened to PortraitofRuin?" topic
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928518-super-smash-bros-brawl/42383857

GameFAQ 41 Stage mention
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928518-super-smash-bros-brawl/41145578

She was mentioned here post release too, but it was mostly minor "I knew she was right" stuff.

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Many of these leaks including "the leaky 3," posit that Mii will be in the game. Does anyone else have this vision of Nintendo at E3, where Reggie comes out and announces he is in the game? Only for us to then see a, "Mii joins the battle," followed by a mii of him beating up our favorite fighters. Towards the end of the clip they likely show the Mii in other more generic forms, and maybe even throw a Sakurai in there for good measure. I don't want Mii in the game, but I could kinda see this happening. It would be a fun and interesting way of responding to the the Reggie petition. Who knows, maybe it could even soften people up to the idea of Mii in smash.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If I had to pick, then the E. Gadd, Jumpman, GaeozHero and Sound Guy Leaks would be real.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Many of these leaks including "the leaky 3," posit that Mii will be in the game. Does anyone else have this vision of Nintendo at E3, where Reggie comes out and announces he is in the game? Only for us to then see a, "Mii joins the battle," followed by a mii of him beating up our favorite fighters. Towards the end of the clip they likely show the Mii in other more generic forms, and maybe even throw a Sakurai in there for good measure. I don't want Mii in the game, but I could kinda see this happening. It would be a fun and interesting way of responding to the the Reggie petition. Who knows, maybe it could even soften people up to the idea of Mii in smash.
Actually when I first heard of the silly Reggie petition the scenario you elaborated on instantly came to mind. A loophole of sorts if you will.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
That'd be this one: http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/21/rumor-sources-claim-on-nintendos-future-lineup/

It's actually become a bit of a touchy subject on this thread, since it didn't turn out 100% true (I'd like to believe it's due to changes in plan. Look how quickly Tropical Freeze and Watch Dogs became 2014 titles. Plans change, and change quickly), but a good few of the things, especially the Japanese eShop Daigasso Band Brothers 3DS game, have indeed been predicted through this. And like I said, if this Nintendo Direct and the whole "Year of Yoshi" thing turns out to be true... then that'll be another thing this supposed leak predicted. I'm personally keeping an eye on this one. Predicting something like a Japanese 3DS eShop Daigasso Band Brothers in addition to a good few other things is a bit too specific of a thing to predict without some kind of inside knowledge.
Ah, thanks for sharing. Although here, the big red flag for me is how "the next 3D Mario game is expected to be an open-world platformer" when we instead got the linear Super Mario 3D World.

Regardless of any of these leaks, though, I wouldn't be all that surprised by a Year of Yoshi to follow up the largely successful Year of Luigi. Yoshi has New Island and (supposedly) Yarn Yoshi coming this year. If a Year of Yoshi does happen, though, I'll have to wonder what other Yoshi-related games they'll be pushing out in 2014.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm not sure, I can post several mentions of her I dug up. But it's mostly topics around the net complaining about the possibility of no Ridley and "WTF ROB!!!!??" I have no idea why people don't remember her though, she had the better leak (no offense to ChaosZero, he seems pretty cool). I remember her topic now that I saw her name when I looked at Yosuke's topic. If he is indeed referencing her, people should probably legitimately start worrying.

Topic dedicated to her
http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php...rtraitofruin-had-leaked-out-is-probably-true/

Luigi Dude mentions her
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=23622.65;wap2

GameFAQ post release "What happened to PortraitofRuin?" topic
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928518-super-smash-bros-brawl/42383857

She was mentioned here post release too, but it was mostly minor "I knew she was right" stuff.
Alright thanks.

Right now, the thing that gives me pause is the timeline of her leaks. The latest I can find from her is the Brawl leaks from 5 years ago, the Castlevania and Tekken ones precede that leak. Also, she hasn't visited gamefaqs in two years so I'm curious if she still has access to that information, much less if she's even interested in giving that information anymore. Another thing to consider is when these leaks hit, correct me if I'm wrong but she didn't give out this information until it was much closer to the original release date of the game, right now it doesn't look like the game will be out for a while and due to that she may not have access to the English version of the game yet.

Of course, this is my concerns on the matter, if it is her then we do have reason to consider this but at this point in time we do not know for sure if it is due to having no information to support it nor do any of the details given have been proven right yet. Due to this, it is probably best to treat this with some skepticism, and if possible try to locate PORTRAITofRUIN ourselves and verify like we did with ChaosZero (though she may be less receptive on the matter).

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Alright thanks.

Right now, the thing that gives me pause is the timeline of her leaks. The latest I can find from her is the Brawl leaks from 5 years ago, the Castlevania and Tekken ones precede that leak. Also, she hasn't visited gamefaqs in two years so I'm curious if she still has access to that information, much less if she's even interested in giving that information anymore. Another thing to consider is when these leaks hit, correct me if I'm wrong but she didn't give out this information until it was much closer to the original release date of the game, right now it doesn't look like the game will be out for a while and due to that she may not have access to the English version of the game yet.

Of course, this is my concerns on the matter, if it is her then we do have reason to consider this but at this point in time we do not know for sure if it is due to having no information to support it nor do any of the details given have been proven right yet. Due to this, it is probably best to treat this with some skepticism, and if possible try to locate PORTRAITofRUIN ourselves and verify like we did with ChaosZero (though she may be less receptive on the matter).
I doubt she will respond or if we can even find her, she made it clear she wasn't coming back to GameFAQs at least, that Yosuke guy said the only reason he got his so-called info is by seeing her on AIM or Skype or something and just decided what the heck and asked her for info. She just gave him Diddy and deconfirms and he couldn't get anything else from her. I believe when she leaked the game is irrelevant, honestly the Castlevania leaks make it clear she can get "planned games info" long before we do at least.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I doubt she will respond or if we can even find her, she made it clear she wasn't coming back to GameFAQs at least, that Yosuke guy said the only reason he got his so-called info is by seeing her on AIM or Skype or something and just decided what the heck and asked her for info. She just gave him Diddy and deconfirms and he couldn't get anything else from her. I believe when she leaked the game is irrelevant, honestly the Castlevania leaks make it clear she can get "planned games info" long before we do at least.
Like I said, she'll probably be less receptive on the matter but doesn't mean that it isn't worth a shot to find her if possible. It's better to give an attempt and fail then just let things fall where they may. Either way, it is relevant what time she did because depending on when she gets that information lends to what timeline we can expect not only for her to get leaks, but also for that type of information to come out in general. The C: PoR leaks happened in September, 3-4 months before the game was released, Brawl's was also within 3 months of the original release date as well and ChaosZero and NyaseNya also leaked within that timeframe. Based on that, we can assume that she gets the full details from the games late in development and if that's the case and nothing's changed that much the same should hold here.

So if I'm right in my assessment, the game's leaks shouldn't be coming out just yet as that information may not be available to potential leakers who would have access to them. So again, I'm going to remain skeptical, at least until more information comes out about either her or the details given in that leak.

Last edited:

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
If there was a Ridley pic leak with the same level as "potential" legitimacy as the Palutena leak, i think smash boards would crash.

So have we stopped posting obviously fake pics to see them debunked with minutes ?

Last edited:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Im so bored, while were on the subject of smash, do you think all the melee vets of brawl will come back? i think so
I just hope the surviving melee vets that where clones are decloned more or in the case of say ganandorf, completely reworked to make use of magic and tennis and sword play like in the main zelda games.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Im so bored, while were on the subject of smash, do you think all the melee vets of brawl will come back? i think so
Not really. Maybe Mewtwo, and Dr.Mario as an alt costume, but I can't see the others coming back. Roy was just fire Marth. Pichu, just, no. And Toon Link makes it even more unlikely for Young Link to come back, and before his chances were still unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom