• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Isnt smashs job to bring not relevant characters into the spotlight and help them like fire emblem and kid icarus? I can see it happening for K. Rool
I'm pretty doubtful that the characters are included specifically for that purpose. It's true for Kid Icarus but at the same time there are penetly of other characters in smash that haven't had revivials as a result of being included. I don't know if Fire Emblem even counts that much as Marth was already known in Japan, it was simply the Western introduction of the character. Really Roy is probably the main one that was promotional given that his game wasn't released yet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
New new leak.

-No Sixth Mario rep.
-Dr. Mario is Mario's alt. costume

-No new WarioWare character
-No new Yoshi character

-Diddy Kong will be revealed at Feb. 12
-King K. Rool is newcomer.
-No Dixie Kong

-No new Pokemon character, but Mewtwo is back.
-Mewtwo and Lucario are buffed.
-Just like Zelda / Sheik, Lucario turns into Mega Lucario and Mewtwo turns into Mega Mewtwo Y.

-Sheik is not in this game, Zelda has a new Smash-Down
-impa (Skyward Sword) is newcomer. She has the same moveset as Sheik.
-Ganondorf is buffed, he uses his sword

-Krystal is newcomer
-Wolf is cut

-Ridley is newcomer. He has the same size as Bowser.

-No new Mother/EarthBound character

-Chrom is newcomer
-No Lucina, but Masked Marth is Marth's alt. costume

-Pit gets a new Final Smash.
-Palutena is newcomer

-No new F-Zero character

-Female Villager is Villager's alt. costume
-Little Mac is newcomer

-Pacman is newcomer
-Snake is cut

Veterans:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Wario
7. Donkey Kong
8. Diddy Kong
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Ganondorf
12. Toon Link
13. Samus (and Zero Suit Samus)
14. Fox
15. Falco
16. Pikachu
17. Pokemon Trainer
18. Jigglypuff
19. Lucario (and Mega Lucario)
20. Mewtwo (and Mega Mewtwo Y)
21. Kirby
22. King Dedede
23. Meta Knight
24, Captain Falcon
25. Ness
26. Lucas
27. Marth
28, Ike
29. Pit
30. Olimar
31. Ice Climbers
32. Mr. Watch & Game
33. Sonic

Newcomers:
34. Megaman
35. Villager
36. Wii Fit Trainer
37. Rosalina
38. Palutena
39. King K. Rool
40. Impa
41. Chrom
42. Krystal
43. Ridley
44. Little Mac
45. Pacman

Cut:
1. Wolf
2. Snake

Basically, this one hinges on Diddy being revealed on the 12th, not the 13th like we're all expecting. In a separate thread, he also claims that either Pokemon Trainer or Jigglypuff will be shown off on February 27th in celebration of Pokemon Red/Green's anniversary.

Speaking of Diddy, this sounds like the sort of leak he'd make, for obvious reasons. . .
You lost me at ROB getting kicked very low chance of happening (rob getting kicked) and wolf as well

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Yeah I didnt literally mean that that was its job but people keep saying k. Rool might not make it due to not being relevant as of late

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I copy new GameFAQs leaks over into this thread not so we can actively follow them (because they're almost always crap), but so, if anything comes up that makes it sensible for us to start following one, we'll have it on hand (since GameFAQs mods are godawful and delete everything while allowing fad topics to run rampant instead).
I often visit this thread to keep up with the latest leaks and you seem to post them a lot.
'Tis appreciated =)

--

From what I've read, none of the written leaks are very believable. Mr. Prediction might have gained some attention recently, but I guess we'll know if his leak is to be followed any further by tomorrow.

Palutena leak is very convincing. The Mario pose is similar to one shown in a direct, but that could be said about a lot of the daily images. Looking forward to hearing more about that one.

Though personally I'd prefer Medusa

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah I didnt literally mean that that was its job but people keep saying k. Rool might not make it due to not being relevant as of late
But, with that logic:
Mr. Game and Watch,
ROB,
Ice Climbers,
Captain Falcon,
The entire Star Fox series,
Jigglypuff,
Lucario,
Ness and Lucas,
Ike,
Marth,
Would all have to be cut,
See how silly this sounds?
Sakuari Doesn't pick a character based on "relevancy", He picks characters based off of how iconic they are.
If he didn't? Then we would've had an entirely different roster...

D

Deleted member

More than half of that list is relevant, though.
I get the point you're making, and it's accurate, but the message is flawed.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm pretty doubtful that the characters are included specifically for that purpose. It's true for Kid Icarus but at the same time there are penetly of other characters in smash that haven't had revivials as a result of being included. I don't know if Fire Emblem even counts that much as Marth was already known in Japan, it was simply the Western introduction of the character. Really Roy is probably the main one that was promotional given that his game wasn't released yet.
Even more to consider is that Kid Icarus has to yet be fully supported by anyone other than Sakurai and his studio itself. Nintendo hasn't really done much to evolve and promote on the series since Uprising. Sadly unsurprising though, considering how Nintendo has basically kept KI under the bunk since 1992 and hadn't bothered with it since until Brawl + Uprising (and even then KI was chosen only for Project Sora's gameplay concept only because it seemed to fit best, StarFox was actually on the line too.)

I hope to be proven wrong though...

Fire Emblem was also about to be actually finished if it wasn't for Awakening to become filled with audience-pandering fanservice tropes. It appears to have saved the series though, but I hope we don't see something like that ever again.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Even more to consider is that Kid Icarus has to yet be fully supported by anyone other than Sakurai and his studio itself. Nintendo hasn't really done much to evolve and promote on the series since Uprising. Sadly unsurprising though, considering how Nintendo has basically kept KI under the bunk since 1992 and hadn't bothered with it since until Brawl + Uprising (and even then KI was chosen only for Project Sora's gameplay concept only because it seemed to fit best, StarFox was actually on the line too.)

Fire Emblem was also about to actually be finished if it wasn't for Awakening to become filled with audience-pandering fanservice tropes. It appears to have saved the series though, but I hope we don't see something like that ever again.
I still don't get all the hate towards Awakening.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Fire Emblem was also about to actually be finished if it wasn't for Awakening to become filled with audience-pandering fanservice tropes. It appears to have saved the series though, but I hope we don't see something like that ever again.
kid icarus uprising was originaly a new starfox game....im glad it isnt

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Fire Emblem was also about to actually be finished if it was for Awakening to become filled with audience-pandering fanservice tropes. It appears to have saved the series though, but I hope we don't see something like that ever again.
Nintendo seems to have a huge issue with a number of their own franchises. Though Mario can get several games released in a very short amount of time and Zelda games still come out once or twice per generation, a lot of their franchises seem to get entirely ignored or feature abnormally long time periods between possible releases of games. I don't really know what it is exactly, but tapping into a few of those sleeping franchises could make some differences but they aren't particularly willing to do it seems.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, considering that there's not going to be a direct this week, can we chalk up Mr.Prediction to the trash pile? Doubtful Shulk will be revealed on the site without any fanfare.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A Pollutena, if you will?
10 points for you.

But that newest leak, is okay, I guess. Sorta run of the mill. Wolf and Snake are usually the first to be chosen when looking at cut characters. And I can't say I'll hold on to that leak, since we've seen a bunch so much lately. Many of them fall of the radar. I think we'll get something a little more legit if it's closer to Smash 4's release date.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Well, with Metroid, they caught a LOT of flak for Other M, and my friend speculates that they're very wary of dipping back into that pool. F-Zero they can't seem to find anything new to do with it, and Star Fox hasn't done very well since Adventures. Not sure about other franchises, but you are right, they're sitting on a lot of things that could take off if they were given a revamp. I mean, why not ask some of their co-producers if they see a franchise they want to work with and go for it since they can't seem to do it on their own right now? Maybe they just need to see a new spark from someone else to trigger their own.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Awakening is polarizing mostly. The game takes a very different style from the previous games that took a rather timeless apperance and stories were taken relatively seriously to match the whole 'death is permenent' aspect. Awakening on the other hand is very... 'magna-anime' in character design and character behavior using more character tropes that are more blantant and simplify the general story. I actually do like Awakening for what it is, but I can understand why it turns some people away.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Also, considering that there's not going to be a direct this week, can we chalk up Mr.Prediction to the trash pile? Doubtful Shulk will be revealed on the site without any fanfare.
Unless I've missed a definite confirmation that there won't be one, he did say that he'd be shown the 30th, and Directs are usually only confirmed a day in advance, so despite how doubtful he is we still can't completely discard him until tomorrow.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Awakening is polarizing mostly. The game takes a very different style from the previous games that took a rather timeless apperance and stories were taken relatively seriously to match the whole 'death is permenent' aspect. Awakening on the other hand is very... 'magna-anime' in character design and character behavior using more character tropes that are more blantant and simplify the general story. I actually do like Awakening for what it is, but I can understand why it turns some people away.
Don't forget the "dating sim"...

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Even then I wouldn't competely dismiss Mr. Prediction until we see more than one disqualifier on items he's absolutely certain about.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Didn't mean to say I hate the game, but that's what it appears to be, according to some sources and amount of sales this game got (+ casual audience-friendly mechanics and direction). Also the DLC which has quite fanservice in itself + Spotpass. Plus the dating sim-aspects and what else.

Also what Dragin said. The character archetypes can become quite beaten to death once introduced (*cough*Cordelia*cough*) and the game just doesn't seem to have much structure to it as in other FEs. I have even made the game play like a Pokemon-equivalent of Fire Emblem, thanks to all the Spotpass + grinding possibilities.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Even then I wouldn't competely dismiss Mr. Prediction till we see one of those characters as an Assist Trophy.
Why not? He's stated over and over that "Shulk would be revealed on the 30th". What's the point of believing him after that?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo seems to have a huge issue with a number of their own franchises. Though Mario can get several games released in a very short amount of time and Zelda games still come out once or twice per generation, a lot of their franchises seem to get entirely ignored or feature abnormally long time periods between possible releases of games. I don't really know what it is exactly, but tapping into a few of those sleeping franchises could make some differences but they aren't particularly willing to do it seems.
That's because it's a risky business move and with the Wii U not doing so hot, that can't really afford to take too many leaps of faith. Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and Animal Crossing are "safe" franchises. If a new game is out, they have almost always been guaranteed to sell a freakish number of copies no matter which country they are released in. This is why I don't take people who want Nintendo to go third party seriously because they're essentially asking for these franchises to be the only ones that would ever get games anymore. Most third party developers have 2, maybe 3, staples while Nintendo has close to a dozen (excluding the ones I already mentioned) that could be classified as "fan favorites" that don't generally crack the 1 million mark but still do pretty well. All those would pretty much die instantly if Nintendo went third party.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
But, with that logic:
Mr. Game and Watch,
ROB,
Ice Climbers,
Captain Falcon,
The entire Star Fox series,
Jigglypuff,
Lucario,
Ness and Lucas,
Ike,
Marth,
Would all have to be cut,
See how silly this sounds?
Sakuari Doesn't pick a character based on "relevancy", He picks characters based off of how iconic they are.
If he didn't? Then we would've had an entirely different roster...
A better way to put recency:

Captain Falcon
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Team Star Fox
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Solid Snake

Would be the ones cut, with no true recent entries since before Brawl.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Didn't mean to say I hate the game, but that's what it appears to be, according to some sources and amount of sales this game got (+ casual audience-friendly mechanics and direction). Also the DLC which has quite fanservice in itself + Spotpass.

Also what Dragin said. The character archetypes can become quite beaten to death once introduced (*cough*Cordelia*cough*) and the game just doesn't seem to have much structure to it as in other FEs. I have even made the game play like a Pokemon-equivalent of Fire Emblem, thanks to all the Spotpass + grinding possibilities.
One of the DLC chapters is a beach episode, which is where the blatant fanservice is in all its glory. Of course, there's the marriage thing too, which is a gold mine for shippers.

There's also something not to be overlooked: the game was much more accessible to newcomers, thanks to the Newcomer/Casual mode.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I dunno why I think we should give this guy two strikes. I usually ignore most of these leakers.
No, he should definitely only get one strike. (It seems you're saying he should get two, I might be misunderstanding) He even says that if his first prediction is false, then not to believe the other stuff (in one of his comments, can't remember which page)

Just because he replies nicely doesn't make him real. If Shulk is somehow miraculously revealed on the 30th, I will not be a full on believer, but I will definitely be watching him. But as soon as he's not revealed, Mr. Prediction's thread should be deleted, and we should all just forget about him.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
My point in bringing up K. Rool was that he isn't as relevant as should be, and he isn't as iconic as should be either. We already know he isn't relevant, but even when you compare him to other "non-relevant" characters like Star Fox, Fox is still more prominent in Pop Culture. K. Rool is from a popular game, but if you talk K. Rool in a mainstream setting, he's an anomaly. Of course, with Smash, most of the greatly iconic characters are already in, but even when you compare K. Rool to the other big petitions (Lil Mac and Ridley), he isn't nearly as iconic as those two.

I'm just saying: if one of the big three are in SSB4 - hell, if two of the big three are in SSB4, K. Rool won't be one of them.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Don't forget the "dating sim"...
Honesty, the hostile towards that part I've always found silly. It's just a goofy expansion on the bonding system that existed in previous games that was taken to a rather goofy extremely for the most part. Not even worth knocking the game for from my view.

That's because it's a risky business move and with the Wii U not doing so hot, that can't really afford to take too many leaps of faith. Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and Animal Crossing are "safe" franchises. If a new game is out, they have almost always been guaranteed to sell a freakish number of copies no matter which country they are released in. This is why I don't take people who want Nintendo to go third party seriously because they're essentially asking for these franchises to be the only ones that would ever get games anymore. Most third party developers have 2, maybe 3, staples while Nintendo has close to a dozen (excluding the ones I already mentioned) that could be classified as "fan favorites" that don't generally crack the 1 million mark but still do pretty well. All those would pretty much die instantly if Nintendo went third party.
Oh, I entirely understand those aspects, no doubt. The only problem I have is that Nintendo has been struggling to avoid oversaturating certain franchise such as Mario with too many games too quickly or not taking proper time when developing them, though that isn't strictly a nintendo problem either. I'm just saying things that use other franchises can bring fresh air to some situations if done right and put into the right hands. As far as Nintendo becoming 3rd party, that's a long and complex issue that I can go on about for awhile but as it's a bit off topic probably best that I don't go any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom